Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Wigan 1-0 Liverpool: Post Match Nuclear Fall Out

Read 36439 times
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Wigan 1-0 Liverpool: Post Match Nuclear Fall Out
      Reply #207: Mar 09, 2010 07:08:41 am
      Well I missed the game because I had an exam and it was playing at 4am in the morning here.

Looking at the comments posted in here, I really can't be arsed watching the game. Looks like it's one of the worst games we played in recent memories where we showed nothing and struggled real bad.

Reading this comments really makes me pissed off. I really can't imagine what would it be like when I go and look at the highlights, which I'm obviously not going to bother watching it anymore.

The lads, the manager, everyone at the club need to be f**king stand up and be counted. Last 10 games and you show f**king sh*t like this? Not acceptable, a season with high expectations of going to the league, then telling ourselves we'll get 4th, and now with each passing performance the certainty of fourth is fading fast.

When will the players realise? Do they only want to realise it, regret when they finish the season in mid-table, have no sh*t to celebrate, look back on the losses and then count the cost? It's not a issue of quality, its an issue of character and attitude. It's not a question of ability, as I believe they all have it. If not they wouldnt be getting paid 100K per week just to play a football game. And then they cite 'lack of European opportunities' as reasons to leave the club? For fucks sake, YOU players caused it!! Certainly you owe the club something, put in double the effort, the commitment the next season, Europe or no Europe. Because you haven't give 80%, let alone 100% all season.

For fucks sake if I was the manager I'll wake their brains up. Fine them a month's wages, pay off some debt and let them know the severity of the situation.
      « Last Edit: Mar 09, 2010 08:27:11 am by redsonfire »
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #208: Mar 09, 2010 07:26:17 am
      We were alright in the last 10 minutes or so, but why didn't we show that kind of urgency before we went behind? We could have battered these wankers.

How can Spurs put 9 past them and with our best attackers on the pitch we can't even put one past? F***ing disgrace.
      BKLFC
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 822 posts |
      Reply #209: Mar 09, 2010 07:45:51 am
      I think I have never used swear word before in my posts.  Fu..ing Bollocks that!!
      Get organised soon LFC.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #210: Mar 09, 2010 07:53:33 am
      Absolute disgrace!

We are going backwards big-time and we'll seriously end up in a footballing abyss with current owners, manager and players.

Everyone whinges about the manager having no money, we had 67million pounds worth of talent personel on the bench alone. And we still couldn't manage to beat the mighty pie eating, rugby loving town of Wigan.

The players he has brought are simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Rafa is not an innovative manager. We're well due a change in manager, f**k him off!

That was probably our best team on the pitch last night and the majority of that team were part of the team that finished 2nd last season so how do you blame the manager for that? The players on the pitch were all internationals and not one of them could pass a ball to a team mate? How is that the managers fault? Passing a ball is learnt at under 6 level! The manager can only be blamed for certain things but players going onto the pitch and producing that shower of sh*t we had to watch last night must take the blame! Steven Gerrard was a liability and he is supposed to be our leader, the inspirational figure!

Every single one of the players last night, bar none, want to have a long look at themselves and decide whether they want to play for our great club! If not, pack your bags and f*ck off cos us fans and the manager that has shown faith in them deserve a hell of a lot better than what we are getting!  :f_steam:
      Redmen
      • Forum Ian St John

• 429 posts | 61 
      Reply #211: Mar 09, 2010 08:10:20 am
      Last night was one of the most embarassing displays i have ever seen by a Liverpool team and everyone has to shoulder the blame.
      The owners are a disgrace and last night so was the manager, his staff and the players who are turning into the biggest bunch of overpaid wasters ive ever seen.

I exclude Pepe from any criticism and at least Macsch got stuck in but the rest can F**k off. Where do you start?

The players - Got to say we prob have the weakest left back in the entire league and last night he was out of his depth against Charles bloody Nzogbia FFS. Teams now target Insua and it is ripping us apart. He is slow, his positioning is terrible and when he has the ball he doesnt look comfortable.
      Gerrard was bullied by a 19 year old kid who had fire in his belly and was desperate to win.
      Maxi was anonymous the entire match.
      Lucas is NOT brazilian, he just cant be.
      Kuyt was just awful and gave the ball away so often and found it impossible to control a simple pass.
      I could go on but whats the ponit......

The Manager - thought his tatctics were questionable again. I have no problem if he wants to start a match with the sytem we played but surely when we are one down and getting pumped and with certain players having a nightmare he has to change things.
      I know he took Lucas off with less than hour gone but he replaced him with a bloody full back so he could 'Free' Mascherano. We were desparate for a goal and had an embaressment of offensive players on the bench! But for me that wasnt the worst decision.
      How Kuyt got to play 82 minutes is beyond me. Babel has been scoring recently and looking sharp yet he gets 8 minutes to somehow turn the game round.

There was a complete lack of passion and desire which has been in our game since August. Wigan have lost more matches than us and are in a relegation fight yet look at there desire to win and there togetherness, we could maybe learn a thing or two.

I have no idea what the answer is and there have been no signs of it improving, the players clearly are not responding to the manager any more so what do you do?
      I have always supported Rafa but on these performances something must change wether its the staff or the players, but i suppose if we dont get 4th there may well be massive changes anyway.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #212: Mar 09, 2010 08:17:17 am
      That was probably our best team on the pitch last night and the majority of that team were part of the team that finished 2nd last season so how do you blame the manager for that? The players on the pitch were all internationals and not one of them could pass a ball to a team mate? How is that the managers fault? Passing a ball is learnt at under 6 level! The manager can only be blamed for certain things but players going onto the pitch and producing that shower of sh*t we had to watch last night must take the blame! Steven Gerrard was a liability and he is supposed to be our leader, the inspirational figure!

Every single one of the players last night, bar none, want to have a long look at themselves and decide whether they want to play for our great club! If not, pack your bags and f*ck off cos us fans and the manager that has shown faith in them deserve a hell of a lot better than what we are getting!  :f_steam:

Don't get me wrong the players are as much to blame. I did see an inept performance from Gerrard, I did see Kuyt assist in Wigan's goal, I did see both Kuyt and Gerrard give countless balls away. I did see Lucas who again just looks out of his depth, I did see Insua be made to look like a mug on a handful of occassions. They were a disgrace to the shirt, fecking disgusting! Thoughs match going fans should be given their money back.

However, who's team is it? Who's instructions are they playing under? Who trains them? Who is supposed to train 'game patterns' with them? Who buys them? Who decides to leave a 20Million pound player on the bench for most of the season?

If every footballing fan in the world regardless of their team highlighted the players at fault for their teams demise, no manager would ever be sacked would he?

The buck stops with the manager, end of.
      Walk-wright-on
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 806 posts | 13 
      • FSG - The future is bright!!
      Reply #213: Mar 09, 2010 08:38:55 am
      Don't get me wrong the players are as much to blame. I did see an inept performance from Gerrard, I did see Kuyt assist in Wigan's goal, I did see both Kuyt and Gerrard give countless balls away. I did see Lucas who again just looks out of his depth, I did see Insua be made to look like a mug on a handful of occassions. They were a disgrace to the shirt, fecking disgusting! Thoughs match going fans should be given their money back.

However, who's team is it? Who's instructions are they playing under? Who trains them? Who is supposed to train 'game patterns' with them? Who buys them? Who decides to leave a 20Million pound player on the bench for most of the season?

If every footballing fan in the world regardless of their team highlighted the players at fault for their teams demise, no manager would ever be sacked would he?

The manager delivers the instructions and they are probably the same instructions that he delivered last season when we finished 2nd. The problem is we over achieved last season and the players think they have made it! The manager shouldnt have to train international footballers how to pass and move the ball! The manger shouldnt have to tell the players they need to track runners and just generally sit off and let Wigan play! If you think the manager would have said to the players go out and play like a bunch of donkeys then you are sadly mistaken! He can only do so much but if the players who cross the white line are incapable of finding the whole in their own a*se then how is that the managers fault!

I didnt see to many people questioning the managers training methods, tactics etc last season.................. The problem is the players who think that one good season means that the work is done and things will just happen! Nobody wants to grab the team by the scruff of the neck and drive them forward and I think its time to start leaving people out! Starting with Mr Gerrard, that might be the kick up the a*se they need!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #214: Mar 09, 2010 08:47:38 am

No it doesn't. Players AND manager.

Just watched it. Was in school today, so i recorded the match and stayed off all internet to watch without knowing the score.

Never. Doing. That. AGAIN!!!

How abysmal. F***ing horrible. Useless. Gutless. I just don't know what to say.

Everyone takes the blame today. Manager, players, everyone. But its equal share. Im sick of the knee-jerking blaming ALL on Rafa, and then some who say Rafa takes no cake. He should have made changes earlier. But he certainly doesn't take the burden today. Because today was the players playing like schoolgirls. Actually, worse than that. Ive seen some womans college ball thats a lot better than that!!

What i will say is this. That team Rafa put out was one that was put out to win. It was attacking. I dunno how many posts of seen about dropping Gerrard back, and it was done. We had Yossi left, Maxi right. Anyone who knows nothing of our current form but just the reputations of those players would say "Win!" and then we had Kuyt in the hole, again "Win!" Simply, it was a team that should be winning comfortably.

But alas, the missing component. HEART! FFS. I think the last time i really saw any great emotion from this team was when Hyypia played his last minutes. They all look F***ing useless. Gerrard was woeful, Kuyt was woeful, Insua was woeful, etc etc etc. F***ing unbelievable.

Rafa has made some baffling choices at times, but if this same set-up went out last season we would have battered them. Its the heart of the players that is costing us the most right now, not the manager.

I have never, ever hoped for a season to end. I hate it when i see the fixture list dwindling down. But my god, i can't wait to the summer.

Worst performance ive seen. And ive been saying that far to often this season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #215: Mar 09, 2010 08:51:40 am
      Disgraceful
      Embarrassment to the shirt
      Shameful
      sh*te

Some of the words to describe last night. The list could go on and on. Every game was vital for qualifying for the champions league but we went out lethargic last night. Our passing, as I'm now sick of pointing out, is shocking. Did Kirkland have one save to make last night? Wigan played better football then us what does that say?

I'm raging here ll have to post later 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #216: Mar 09, 2010 08:59:48 am
      I cant even be f***ing bothered tonight.
      FFS

This morning?

Either...

This IS Rafa's MasterPlan.

Which Is?

Dont deliberately qualify for the CL. .. Lose revenue. .. Yanks MUST sell but not at a price they want with a potential 20 million income stream loss for next year....
      New Owner buys at a fraction of what the WYankers want.....gives Rafa mega bonus.....with the saving on buying the club owners can afford to buy some mega players...... Premier League champions next year..Champions League winners 2012  the legacy continues ....

OR

If this is NOT Rafas Masterplan to miss 4th then I will be posting on the "Is Rafa The Right Man" thread and it wont be nice.

Not nice at all.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #217: Mar 09, 2010 09:04:20 am
      are you serious? things are bad but that cant be the sign of a true fan. I can understand a football fan saying that who normally watches all liverpool matches as well as other big games but an actual Liverpool fan???? ummm no thats not right

Could'nt agree more with you mate but I think he's gone for now.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #218: Mar 09, 2010 09:27:47 am
      I actually think Rafa 'guaranteed 4th place' so that IF we don't qualify, he has a reason to walk away from the club honourably, that is to say to fans 'I promised and I didn't deliver, my position is untenable'.

Either way, I've had the night to calm down and I'm still disgusted by the lack of passion and desire to win in most of the team. F*cking awful performance. We don't deserve champs league, how can we  playing like that?

Why is Rafa insistent on playing Mascha and Lucas together? Whe Aquilani came on, didn't we look like a more attacking team? Why has Gerrard developed a crack addiction all of a sudden?

AAARRRGGHHH!!!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #219: Mar 09, 2010 09:42:50 am
      Why is Rafa insistent on playing Mascha and Lucas together?

I dunno why, but he changed it last night anyways ;)

ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #220: Mar 09, 2010 09:50:46 am
      I dunno why, but he changed it last night anyways ;)

He's being too cautious. He starts with 2 defensive mids and IF we need to attack, he brings on Babel and Aquilani, should be other way round.

The commentator got it spot on last night when we had a brief 10 minute attacking spell in the second half. He said 'I'd like to see Liverpool with this mind set from kick off rather then only when chasing games.'

Anyway, I love baldy, end of rant.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #221: Mar 09, 2010 09:53:01 am
      He still played Lucas in centre midfield, I think the simple fact is some of our players are not good enough. I wouldn't go into names because I think people have an idea which players I'm referring to.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #222: Mar 09, 2010 09:56:39 am
      Saw the highlights, looked as tough we had tons of chances but none on target. Poor Torres, he had a handful of chances enough but couldn't put them past the keeper.

Poor pass from Kuyt which led to the Wigan goal. Not good enough.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #223: Mar 09, 2010 09:57:55 am
      Abysmal.
      Wigan looked hungry and for the majority of the match even looked more skillful. If the lads can look themselves in the mirror this mornin without borkin they should leave the club and not come back.

As the sayin goes 'there's something rotten in the state of Denmark' unfortunately Denmark is Anfield and the troops and the king in this particular war are far from happy. If things don't pick up, which my negative head says they won't, then there definitely will be BIG changes in the Summer, bad ones. Stevie and Fernando have both said that being in the CL is important to attract big names, this can be construed as they might be attracted to a club who's in the CL if we ain't.

Can you imagine a summer when Rafa gets sacked and ourt benevolent owners sell Stevie, Nando, Masch and anyone else who feels like goin? All well and good if a new owner comes in and installs a top manager and gives him a £250m war chest but we all know that ain't gonna happen don't we? Whatever it is thats causing the rot needs to be cut out, you can say its H&G if you want i can't see how them two could strip all skill, determination and pride from our players cos thats what i witnessed last night. I really wish that i could make them all read this and understand how much their lack of want hurts the fans.

What you all earn in a week would take me at least 5 years to learn but is that the important thing? NO it F***ing isn't its the badge on your F***ing chest, the songs in your F***ing ears and the thousands upon thousands of fans who chant your name as if you were god! SORT YOUR F***ing SELVES OUT OR F**k OFF!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #224: Mar 09, 2010 09:59:06 am
      He's being too cautious. He starts with 2 defensive mids and IF we need to attack, he brings on Babel and Aquilani, should be other way round.

The commentator got it spot on last night when we had a brief 10 minute attacking spell in the second half. He said 'I'd like to see Liverpool with this mind set from kick off rather then only when chasing games.'

Anyway, I love baldy, end of rant.

I think you missed my point. He didn't start with two defensive mids. There were two on the field, but one was playing right-back. Gerrard and Lucas were paired together!

I agree that changes should have been made sooner, but i still think Aquilani has struggled with injuries and thats why we haven't seen him as much. As much as some like to argue it, Rafa isn't as stupid as to simply not play him.

And as for the play? Well, i think from the team line-up it was pretty obvious what Rafa wanted from the team. He can't help that every time they passed it hit a Wigan player, thats down to the sloppy play we exhibited 90% of the time during the game.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #225: Mar 09, 2010 10:06:25 am
      Not good enough to wear the shirt last night. That applies to all bar Kyrgiakos for most of that match.
      I have stated on here that I preferred Stevie to play in the centre but after watching that passing masterclass I retract my statement.
      Torres should have had a hattrick last night but couldn't hit a barn door.
      Everyone we needed to have a good game last night failed miserably. Where was the leadership on the pitch. Forget the huddle on the pitch if you don't mean it.
      Now we could be looking at winning the Europa League to guarantee us any European football AT ALL next year because right now we need Citeh, Spurs and Villa to choke, while actually getting our finger out.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #226: Mar 09, 2010 10:20:55 am
      I think you missed my point. He didn't start with two defensive mids. There were two on the field, but one was playing right-back. Gerrard and Lucas were paired together!

you're right, my apologies, think i'm so haunted by seeing lucas and mascha on the field together, i got confused.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #227: Mar 09, 2010 10:28:32 am
      Last night summed up our season. We were poor, looked under-motivated and we seemed to be going through all the motions of a team that are struggling to achieve what our potential is. This is not acceptable and too many players showed that they are unfit to wear the Liverbird upon their chest. I wouldn't be so angry with the result if we put in a performance and we looked good. However, we never really tested Kirkland and looked like a team destined to miss out on 4th place. Things need to change, and change quickly. Unacceptable!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #228: Mar 09, 2010 10:30:23 am
      Thats how its been all season.  I dont understand how a team can go from 5 points of winning the league in the 08/09 season, having one of the best years ever and only losing 2 matches,  to now being out of the CL, FA Cup,Carling and fighting to stay mid tier with a glimmer of hope to secure the 4th spot and we already have 9 losses.

I dont understand and would love to know what happened.
      I think most of us feel exactly the same.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #229: Mar 09, 2010 10:34:11 am
      I think most of us feel exactly the same.

Yep. I really feel weird this season. Ive never felt this feeling of loss, of watching a team with no heart.

It really hurts. I had tears in my eyes at the end, mostly from just watching players that are my hero's not give a sh*t.

F***ing hurts.

Quick Reply