Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Our Financial State and manager ideas.

Read 10445 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Our Financial State
      Reply #23: Mar 10, 2010 12:44:10 pm
      These two pair of leeches will do anything to ensure they make a profit from LFC if that means selling one or two players to pay off the debt that they have heaped up on us they will not lose one iota of sleep over it, they have bought us with borrowed money with very little or no capital outlay of their own, they are effectively using the money the club generates to buy the club.

By paying the 100 million to RBS they have gave themselves at least 1 more years grace to find a potential buyer for the club giving them a greater chance of making a better profit as the debt burden has been slashed by 100 million and thats why I believe they will start selling the silverware before they let their investment profit slip from their grasp.

lfcinpa
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts |
      Reply #24: Mar 10, 2010 02:11:57 pm
      I'm confused about one thing here.  When Hicks and Gilette took out a loan to buy the club, how was it structured?  Did they not take the loan out in their own names?  It seems like they took the loan out on behalf of the football club.  How is that practice allowed?  It doesn't make any sense.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #25: Mar 10, 2010 03:56:45 pm
      Would RBS taking control be a bad thing?
      I'm not sure whether RBS would take over or we would go in to administration. A 9 point penalty wouldn't be clever.

The only possible positive would be that another buyer could come in and purchase the club at a far more realistic price.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #26: Mar 10, 2010 04:07:12 pm
      Im thinking we should get together and buy a hitman for these clowns!!!

You publicly say you will not put your own money into our club- and wonder why no-one likes u??!

They need to say something more along the lines of: "if we see a petition with more than 2million signatures on it, we will leave!"

I am glad this thread exists for people to read- we all need to be more clued-up on our situation!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #27: Mar 10, 2010 04:18:10 pm
      Surely there must be a Red billionaire around!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #28: Mar 10, 2010 04:18:57 pm
      There is another potential spanner in the works that as yet nobody has brought up.

We have all mentioned at some point or another, either in this thread or others, that potentially players could be sold to pay down the debt.  Figures being discussed range from £30m for Gerrard, £50m for Masch or £100m for Torres, there are also the fringe players valued at between £1m to £15 that most of us see as surplus to requirements.

With all the media discussion about debt within football, not just here in England but all over Europe, the proposals put forward by EUFA about the financial status of Clubs playing in the CL and the fact that everyone is suffering with the credit crunch my question is this.

Will we actually get these valuations if the players are put up for sale?  After all these are valuations placed on the players after they had an exceptionally good 08/09 season where money in football was still silly.  

We all value these players highly but when money is tight and Clubs are wanting quality for a bargain price would Barca really fork out £50m for Masch, £100m for Torres when he's hardly played all season, or Inter pay £30m for Gerrard after his attitude this season.

It may be that the players are worth more to us staying than selling them at below their true value.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #29: Mar 10, 2010 04:19:35 pm

Maybe if RBS do call in the debts, does that mean the gov't will bail us out like the banks :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #30: Mar 10, 2010 04:22:25 pm
      Maybe if RBS do call in the debts, does that mean the gov't will bail us out like the banks :-\
      Not a hope in hell.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5006 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #31: Mar 10, 2010 05:10:03 pm
      It is evident we are in serious sh*t, We all hope a knight in red shining armour will come and rescue the situation, But who? After Purslows statement recently he has gone very quiet unless i'm missing something, I agree totally with Ayrton, The only thing that bothers me is if we do have to sell top assets it would take us yrs to recover, Would it not be better to have a new owner who has at least got the clubs best interests in mind instead of these pair of greedy Kunts, And if that means losing 9 pts and aoing in to administration then at least the rebuilding progress can start without them bas**rds, We would still be in the prem at least and hopefully Rafa would stay and rebuild with the kids, I know it sounds grim but its better than doing a Leeds.
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #32: Mar 10, 2010 05:26:39 pm
      I don't believe that RBS aren't already looking for people to sell the club on to. Its probably the same people who H&G have scared off in the past.

If RBS repossess a house they only hold it long enough to sell it on OR maximise their ability to make money off it.

LiverpoolFC (not the holding co) is making money and i dont for one second believe their best option is a full on firesale. They will hold it long enough to sell it on. Firesales wont get them the money they want in terms of any bids.
      Maybe i just don't want to believe that RBS would F**k us. but sod itim trying to be optimistic.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #33: Mar 10, 2010 08:33:14 pm
      Hicks and Gillet have to be worried too! If and when they do leave they will do very well to break even. And after the way they have f**ked up our club, who is going to want to do business with them again?

Lets not panic just yet, we are not Portsmouth or Leeds! We are 10 times bigger than those clubs, and far more attractive to potenial suitors.

I have to believe that someone out there is watching and waiting for the right time to make there move and buy the club.

£250 mill for the debt + £400 or so million for the stadium =£650 Which for a club of Liverpool's stature is about right. I live in hope 

Stubbles
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #34: Mar 10, 2010 08:58:43 pm
      Dear Liverpool Supporter,

Please copy and paste the following email message, signing your name at the foot of the page and send to the names listed below at approximately 8pm on Wednesday the 10th of March or again on Thursday afternoon.

Send to:

Stephen.Hester@rbs.co.uk; John.HOURICAN@rbs.com; Roger.Lowry@rbs.co.uk; rebecca.oliphant@rbs.com; Public.Affairs@rbs.co.uk

thicks@hicksholdings.com; tohjr@hicksholdings.com; gngillett@bcmgt.com;
      ian.ayre@liverpoolfc.tv; Philip.Nash@liverpoolfc.tv; warren.bradley@liverpool.gov.uk;
      howardm@parliament.uk; KILFOYLEP@parliament.uk; Chris.Bascombe@notw.co.uk;
      david.maddock@mgn.co.uk; dominick48@hotmail.com; Gary.Jacob@thetimes.co.uk;
      helen.power@thetimes.co.uk; henry.winter@telegraph.co.uk; John.Richardson@Express.co.uk;
      john.thompson@liverpool.com; lee.clayton@dailymail.co.uk; Oliver.Kay@thetimes.co.uk;
      tpanja@bloomberg.net; paul.joyce@express.co.uk; rory.smith@telegraph.co.uk; tony.evans@thetimes.co.uk; birdc@parliament.uk;

--------------------------

Dear Mr Hester,

Having reviewed the company accounts in relation to Liverpool Football Club and Parent Company Kop Football Ltd, of which there is approximately £237M worth of debt; it is clear that the business model operated by the current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett is unsustainable.

Whilst I appreciate that any refinancing package deal is a confidential matter between the Royal Bank of Scotland and the current owners of Liverpool Football Club, it is also a very personal issue for many Liverpool supporters around the world. As a British Tax Payer and a Lifelong Liverpool fan, I can assure you that I am not happy that my hard earned money is being used to pay for the purchase of Liverpool Football Club for George Gillett and Tom Hicks.

There is an ever increasing sense of anger and resentment towards the the owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, which is likely to turn towards RBS if the refinancing deal is extended in the coming months.

It is my understanding that if the Refinancing deal is renegotiated beyond July 2010, then a campaign in protest against the Royal Bank of Scotland will take place which will include Billboards with anti-RBS messages encouraging Liverpool Fans to Boycott RBS in a similar manner to the Boycott of the Sun Newspaper (please see below).

Debt Lies Cowboys – Spirit Of Shankly – Liverpool Supporters' Union

Anfield Road » Don’t buy The Sun

If your objective is "the long-term success of Liverpool Football Club" then I urge you to formally refuse any longer term refinancing for Hicks and Gillett, thus leaving the current obligations needing to be immediately repaid.

We as supporters of Liverpool Football Club are effectively paying the loan repayments for Hicks and Gillett, and as taxpayers have a "controlling stake" in RBS. We should therefore have a say in where our money is being invested.

The ball is firmly in your court.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool Supporter
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #36: Mar 11, 2010 12:22:13 am
      My biggest fear is that for all the hard words coming from the bank, about paying back the loan, in the end they will just back down at the final hour as last year. If the Yanks don't have the money, will they really have the courage, to take the steps they will need to, in order to get the cash?  It is just not easy to guess what will happen come the end of the season.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Mar 11, 2010 01:03:34 am
      2 red Kenny's this could get confusing when drunk ha :)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #38: Mar 11, 2010 01:08:09 am
      Sent the email to Stephen Hester and CC'ed everybody apart from Chris Gob sh*te.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #39: Mar 11, 2010 01:15:27 am
      Same here, I'll be fu**ed if I'm sending one to Bascombe though!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #40: Mar 11, 2010 01:21:41 am
      2 red Kenny's this could get confusing when drunk ha :)

I'd have thought I'd be easier to understand when you're drunk?

By the way, these emails have been done to death already haven't they? Remember last time before the last refinance? It's one thing people sitting behind a computer emailing someone, it's another thing doing something physical.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #41: Mar 11, 2010 01:24:29 am
      I'd have thought I'd be easier to understand when you're drunk?

Same wavelength when drunk ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #42: Mar 11, 2010 01:25:28 am
      By the way, these emails have been done to death already haven't they? Remember last time before the last refinance? It's one thing people sitting behind a computer emailing someone, it's another thing doing something physical.
      The Hick's clan will probably have filters on by now!

And I'm not expecting much from the press, apart from the usual suspects. Let's face it, the Echo only really got involved last week FFS!
      Red Kenny
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 384 posts | 13 
      Reply #43: Mar 11, 2010 07:32:21 am
      I wouldn't mind, I thought I was being original with my choice of name. The I get on here to discover not only is someone else, also Red Kenny, but he's a mod too!

I remember thinking, last night this is not a good start to my life on here!

I hope it does not prove too confusing! 
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #44: Mar 11, 2010 08:25:47 am
      With all them emails CC'd in, the papers would be stupid to ignore it. Big fat exclusive written all over it, in all the half decent papers. (Just F**k Bascombe off.)

Excellent approach, is right to the mastermind who thought it up.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #45: Mar 11, 2010 09:06:07 am
      RBS would not make the club go into administration.

The club is a guarantee to their loan. So if the clubs revenue is soaring, the banks will know they can make their money back on it.

As others said, if RBS don't have people waiting to come in, then their a bunch of tw*ts.

Quick Reply