Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

NRL 2010 - The year of the controversy!

Read 14746 times
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Re: NRL 2010 - The year of the controversy!
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2010 12:02:25 am
      WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a f**king comeback Penrith! My man Mckendry was outstanding and my man crush Pritchard made a break to help win it at the end. F***ing chuffed!!

great win crouchinho , the knights are fucken hopeless . we only had that halftime lead because ya's kept givin us the ball back . ya's came out in the second half and played us off the park . the knights are fucken rubbish mate and we will struggle big time this year  :mad:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #24: Apr 06, 2010 02:44:54 am
      Ay mate. I was still very positive at half time because i knew the lads couldn't play worse and only 3 tries behind.

Real happy.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #25: Apr 22, 2010 08:32:49 am
      Melbourne Storm... :o :o :o
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #26: Apr 22, 2010 01:33:10 pm
      Well it really is the year of the controversy.

I am not a Storm fan but I feel for them, especially the players that put in blood sweat and tears week in and out and had no idea about the whole thing but are now stripped off championship rings. Absolutely disgraceful by the NRL!

Seems as some clubs are able to get away with whilst others are punished, the years in the early 2000's when the Roosters made 4 consecutive grand finals and made up more than half the state and national team you can not tell me they were not making under the table payments?? The Dragons and Parra seem to be able to attract a lot of marquee players also whilst never been put under the microscope.

What will this do to the future of rugby league in Victoria, if I was the Storm I would seriously consider pulling out of the comp altogether.

Thoughts??
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #27: Apr 22, 2010 04:54:03 pm
      I don't think this is enough to send them down failure road.

What they did was wrong and shocking. They rorted the system and cheated their way to 2 premierships, 3 minor premierships and a Club World Challenge. They deserve what they get.

I can understand the reservations of people who think we shouldn't really be over asshole-y to them because it's a key team in keeping NRL going but they cheated and being that surly, that corrupt, they don't deserve to be in a competition!

The Bulldogs did the same thing on a much smaller scale and received the same punishment. The difference being that the Dogs didn't win anything to take back off them.

What they get is what they deserve.

Phil Gould was completely off the mark. He backed them up! He ended up playing the victim card for Melbourne and said the NRL are wrong for being so tight with the salary cap. Here's an idea, play by the rules!

Great teams are built within the salary cap. They have in the past and will in the future.

A tip - play by the rules and shut up!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #28: Apr 22, 2010 06:51:00 pm
      Yeah I don't feel for them at all. $1.7m is a huge amount to pay off on the side and hide, and who knows how much that kept some of the top players at the club? They very well may have won things with players that under normal circumstances may have been given a top contract somewhere else.

If it was my team I'd feel the same way. Sad, but you flout the rules then you deserve what you get.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 22, 2010 11:04:32 pm
      Always wondered how the Storm could field the teams they had in the past . cheatin cnuts . gotta feel sorry for the players and fans though
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #30: Apr 22, 2010 11:09:22 pm
      Always wondered how the Storm could field the teams they had in the past . cheatin cnuts . gotta feel sorry for the players and fans though

Aye mate. Everyone always wondered how they did, and how bloody obvious it is now eh?

Inglis, Slater, Cronk, Finch, Lima, Smith, Tolman, Hoffman etc etc. all in one squad.

I reckon the players knew. Surely.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #31: Apr 23, 2010 12:49:47 am
      Some of them HAD to know, surely? That kinda money doesn't get shifted about without someone having an idea.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #32: Apr 23, 2010 02:20:16 am
      I was stunned when i heard of this. Initially, i felt bad for the Storm, but they cheated and deserve all the punishment they've received from the NRL. The Melbourne Storm needs to give a sympathetic apology to all their fans, because they and the players are the victims in all this. That said, i find it hard that the players, knowing how much they and their teammates are on, wouldn't have suspected something fishy.

Also heard today that bookmakers were becoming suspicious a few days ago when some people were suddenly hedging bets on Melbourne being wooden spooners.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #33: Apr 23, 2010 02:32:27 am
      Aye mate. Everyone always wondered how they did, and how bloody obvious it is now eh?

Inglis, Slater, Cronk, Finch, Lima, Smith, Tolman, Hoffman etc etc. all in one squad.

I reckon the players knew. Surely.

Yet again what about the Roosters team of the naughties?

Minichello, Hegarty, Hodges, Fitler, Wing, Morley, Fitzgibbon, Rickettson, Flannery, Fletcher and Crocker all rep players and internationals no way they could have been under the cap.

My point is some teams are able to get away with it and the other's dont.

I am not condoning what they did, it is proven cheating but the punishment should be heaped on the individuals behind it and not the players who put in so much work over the last 5 years.
      Dangerous Dave
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts |
      Reply #34: Apr 23, 2010 02:41:32 am
      Cheating fcukers. Rupert can afford the fines. Dont know what they are going to do once all the stars take off though. What a shame.

The dragons are looking better and better every week.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35: Apr 23, 2010 09:10:37 pm
      Yet again what about the Roosters team of the naughties?

Minichello, Hegarty, Hodges, Fitler, Wing, Morley, Fitzgibbon, Rickettson, Flannery, Fletcher and Crocker all rep players and internationals no way they could have been under the cap.

My point is some teams are able to get away with it and the other's dont.

I am not condoning what they did, it is proven cheating but the punishment should be heaped on the individuals behind it and not the players who put in so much work over the last 5 years.

Doesn't matter, Penrith still flogged them in the grand final :D I love 2003!

But that was the talk back then, also. They got rid of those players quick though so i suppose no records are there to show it.

Got rid of Hegarty, Hodges, Flannery and Morley quick. Then Rickettson, Fittler and Fletcher retired, Crocker left soon after that and then Fitzy last season.

I'd go far as to say they were over the cap the past 2 seasons with O'Meley, Mason, Anasta, Minichello, Fitzgibbon, Myles and Pearce all with beefy contracts. They got rid of 3 though which has masked it again.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 24, 2010 02:04:12 pm
      Brilliant win today by the Sharkies. It seems an age since we last won by a big margin. The best thing to come out of the Storm debacle for me is that we definitely won't be seeing the dreaded wooden spoon this season.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #37: Apr 25, 2010 04:31:57 am
      Good win by the Sharks indeed.

4/4 in the tipping comp this week hoping the raiders will touch up the bunnies. :)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #38: Apr 25, 2010 08:37:50 am
      Good win by the Sharks indeed.

4/4 in the tipping comp this week hoping the raiders will touch up the bunnies. :)
      Bad luck to your boys. I'm at me cousin's house (big Raiders fan) and he was crushed after the Souths comeback.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #39: Apr 25, 2010 03:09:22 pm
      F***ing Cronulla cu*ts!

I've put two accumulators on the footy all season and in both weeks Cronulla win. You assholes! :D Great win though, much needed.

As for Penrith - SECOND! Get in you beauties. I hope we can keep this form up. Tough trip to Gold Coast next weekend and then a bye followed by Dogs at home on a Monday night.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #40: Apr 25, 2010 04:54:54 pm
      As for Penrith - F**k off!

:laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #41: Apr 25, 2010 06:01:06 pm

Ahhh the Tigers. Gave them sh*t as they walked out of the stadium last night. Surrounded by them giving me sh*t and it was a Panthers home game. Had the last laugh.

Lote dropped one in front of where i was sitting and shouted 'Back to union!' an they all just turned and wanted to hit me :D Lote stared at me. I'd take him, easily.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 27, 2010 01:41:33 am
      Brilliant win today by the Sharkies. It seems an age since we last won by a big margin. The best thing to come out of the Storm debacle for me is that we definitely won't be seeing the dreaded wooden spoon this season.

No that'll the saving grace of my team (Newcastle Knights) too mate , the Knights are F***ing rubbish . grrrrrrrrrrr  :mad: good win by the way Bahrosa , your boys smashed us
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      Reply #43: May 04, 2010 12:29:58 am
      Brilliant win by the Knights over the Broncos . We haven't beaten em up here for 4 or 5 years i think . I went to the game and we shot out to a 12 point lead , then the Broncos put 4 tries on us in 10 minutes and i'm thinkin "F**k it , here we go again" but the boys played well in the 2nd half and the broncos didn't get a point .
      Get in there !!! i hate the Broncos with a passion
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #44: May 04, 2010 06:15:46 am
      I thought it was deja vu for Newcastle when Brisbane hit the lead but credit to them for bouncing back.

Second win in seven matches in Brisbane i think.

Sharks. Demolished.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      Reply #45: May 05, 2010 02:39:36 pm
      Reckon I've had the worst possible season of following sports. Liverpool not making the four and the Sharks being so sh*t.

Quick Reply