Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 374656 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #1449: Mar 02, 2014 05:30:25 am
      I'm serious when I compare him to Iniesta these days. Once upon a time Iniesta was a quite wasteful youngster playing on the wings.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1450: Mar 02, 2014 08:41:04 am
      He's direct and has pace, two things defenders don't like, but he's got so much more to his game too, his movement and technique are good, he's got goals in his game and most importantly, he's starting to dominate seasoned professionals as he did youngsters for the reserves, he has the talent to be as good as he wants to be, he just needs to keep his feet on the ground and continue his development as a footballer, preferably without some of the nonsense and distractions he's had in his private life.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1451: Mar 02, 2014 09:23:56 am
      Such a pleasure watching him turn it on at senior level like he did in the Academy.  To watch him now you'd think he'd been playing at this level for years and was at the peak of his ability but there's still so much more to come from him.

So exciting to see how much he's come on over the last 18 months and it's fu**ing scary how good he could turn out to be.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1452: Mar 02, 2014 10:14:21 am
      Could quite literally be a World Class footballer this kid. It's rare that one so young plays with his head up as much as he does, he gas all the talent in the world. Much of the stuff in his game which needs improving is simply a question of practice (shooting, crossing etc) but his game picture (which can't be taught) is top class.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1453: Mar 02, 2014 10:21:44 am
      Far more than a flying winger this lad. Last season I compared him to SWP at City. I was wrong. Great technique and puts a shift in, in both attack and defence.

Young Player of the Season.
      wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #1454: Mar 02, 2014 11:43:55 am
      Raheem has improved such a lot this season, think he will be in the world cup. Close to a complete player works well with saurez.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #1455: Mar 02, 2014 12:18:25 pm
      Is turning in to an excellent footballer, and since returning to the team has been in outstanding form.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1456: Mar 02, 2014 03:28:51 pm
      Should have started yesterday. Was a bit worried it would shake his confidence a bit suddenly being on the bench after starting 15 games in a row was it? Responded well though and made a massive impact as soon as he came on.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,895 posts | 4966 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #1457: Mar 02, 2014 03:48:19 pm
      He's direct and has pace, two things defenders don't like, but he's got so much more to his game too, his movement and technique are good, he's got goals in his game and most importantly, he's starting to dominate seasoned professionals as he did youngsters for the reserves, he has the talent to be as good as he wants to be, he just needs to keep his feet on the ground and continue his development as a footballer, preferably without some of the nonsense and distractions he's had in his private life.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      This,
      Can't say anymore tbh, he's 19 ff's, 19,
      The lad has simply been superb, a lot of praise tho has to go to Brendan, for putting his arm around him, for believing in him, for putting the confidence in him,
      What I'm impressed with is how versatile he is and how comfortable he is wherever he plays,
      I think he can become world class , he certainly has the attributes.

Keep your head young man , you have the world at your feet, stay loyal and you will flourish, just look at your skipper.

Ynwa
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,891 posts | 815 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1458: Mar 02, 2014 04:46:05 pm
      Like others have stated, definitely a contender for young player of the season.

His starting to add goals to his game, which is brilliant as it seemed to be the only thing he was lacking. His strong, pacey and at the moment clinical, if he can keep this up he will definitely be a standout player for the club.

Still not sure what his most effective position is though, he seems to make brilliant runs coming from the right hand side going along the line, however he seems to be very capable out on the left flank when cutting in and making space for others around him. Guess it just shows his class. Plus his a handy right back when needed.
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #1459: Mar 03, 2014 03:02:36 pm
      Raheeemeeeoooooo!!! :) What an impact sub he was, couldn't have asked for more.

Was very interesting to see him play more central especially given his size. He played upfront in the derby last year away, but this was another kettle of fish, being deeper in midfield. He has performed well now in a few different positions this season - RWF, LWF, AMF, RB. Arguably the only position he didn't do the best in was RWB, but that was during his quiet spell! And we still won the game :)

Hopefully Hazard is only considered for Senior Player of the Year, so that Sterling has a good shot at winning the Young Player of the Year.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1460: Mar 03, 2014 03:15:59 pm
      Hopefully Hazard is only considered for Senior Player of the Year, so that Sterling has a good shot at winning the Young Player of the Year.

Weirdly I think he has a very good chance of winning it due to the fact he's English  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1461: Mar 03, 2014 03:17:05 pm
      Raheeemeeeoooooo!!! :) What an impact sub he was, couldn't have asked for more.

Was very interesting to see him play more central especially given his size. He played upfront in the derby last year away, but this was another kettle of fish, being deeper in midfield. He has performed well now in a few different positions this season - RWF, LWF, AMF, RB. Arguably the only position he didn't do the best in was RWB, but that was during his quiet spell! And we still won the game :)

Unfortunately I'm of the belief that Hazard meets the age criteria for Young Player of the Year. I think the age limit is 23 and Hazard is currently 23, if Wikipedia is to be believed then he only turned 23 in January too.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #1462: Mar 03, 2014 03:20:42 pm
      Unfortunately I'm of the belief that Hazard meets the age criteria for Young Player of the Year. I think the age limit is 23 and Hazard is currently 23, if Wikipedia is to be believed then he only turned 23 in January too.

Does that mean Danny qualifies too then?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1463: Mar 04, 2014 03:46:16 am
      Luis has senior player of the year wrapped up. Even with the FA bias.

It's out of Raheem, Hazard and Danny for the young player of the year. Maybe Luke Shaw too because he's English.

This kid is amazing. His return to form has been nothing short of brilliant and it's through his own hard work. If he keep him for his career he'll be a Liverpool legend.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1464: Mar 04, 2014 11:03:44 am
      The lad is flying...Keep it going Raheem, only 10 games to go...keep smashing them.

Can anyone tell me what his goal celebration is about?
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #1465: Mar 04, 2014 08:02:29 pm
      The lad is flying...Keep it going Raheem, only 10 games to go...keep smashing them.

Looks like the Gaza sign to me.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1466: Mar 04, 2014 08:06:23 pm
      Can't believe players aged 23 are considered for young player of the year. Should be under 21s IMO.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1467: Mar 04, 2014 09:14:46 pm

He's only just seen Alien and he loves the facehuggers?

Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #1468: Mar 04, 2014 09:57:49 pm
      Has come on so much in a year, almost an unbelievable rise. Huge credit to Raheem, but also Brendan. He has his card marked from day 1, as seen in the glorified documentary, and Raheem seems to have responded it to it in a good manner.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1469: Mar 04, 2014 10:29:14 pm
      Best young player of the year for me.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1470: Mar 04, 2014 10:48:04 pm
      I think Raheem has definitely stepped up a level this season. He still needs to work on his finishing, but he is using his pace much more intelligently now.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1471: Mar 05, 2014 10:24:48 pm
      Well done Raheem even despite the dinosaur tactics of Hogdson still MOTM.

Quick Reply