Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375414 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2438: Apr 28, 2015 07:36:15 am
      Not to mention that for such an attack minded player, his finishing is shocking!

Agree mate, still thought his finish against newcastle was one of his best. More like that please Raheem.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,533 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2439: Apr 28, 2015 01:33:34 pm
      Hope he signs, but if he doe not and decides to basically go home to london or go abroad. Good luck to him.

Would not like to see him goto one of the manc clubs, that would defo be kick in balls.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,194 posts | 835 
      Reply #2440: Apr 28, 2015 10:31:51 pm
      Not a great performance from him tonight (that was an awful attempt of a lob at the end), but he is still a very good player and I think we should still do our utmost to keep him because he is just devoid of confidence right now, heck the whole team is...
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #2441: Apr 28, 2015 10:38:36 pm
      We'd be lucky to give him away on current form.

Alhough he is far from alone in that respect.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2442: Apr 29, 2015 02:14:38 am
      Wouldn't fetch 150 pesos right now. Been sh*te for two months nearly.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2443: Apr 29, 2015 01:06:48 pm
      since he went on his jollys whilst the rest of his team mates grafted he's gone off the boil and is not doing his sell on value any favours, showing he dont have the grit and determination to be a big player if he was as good as he thinks he is he would have grabbed that game by the neck took on some players and scored.. it was Hull FFS if he cant shine against them he's not a top player in my eyes.

on the flip side he's been that crap last few months big teams might be put off (the next Wilfred Zaha)
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2444: May 02, 2015 10:22:14 am
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/liverpool-transfer-news-raheem-sterling-going-nowhere-in-summer-even-without-new-contract-10220136.html

Sterling's contract is to be allowed to run down rather than the club being forced to sell.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article4428470.ece

The Times reports that the player will forfeit millions if his contract dispute continues into next season.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2445: May 03, 2015 12:01:19 am
      I would one billion percent sell Sterling this Summer if he won't sign a new contract for MAX £100k a week and we get an offer of 50 plus million.
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2015 01:28:37 am by bazspeedman »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2446: May 03, 2015 12:18:16 am
      I would one billion percent sell Sterling this Summer if he won't sign a new contract for MAX £100 million a week and we get an offer of 50 plus million.

He'd be an idiot to pass on one million a week.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #2447: May 03, 2015 12:25:54 am
      The way he played today he doesn't deserve a penny of that £100k a week offer. At one point it crossed my mind that he's being intentionally sh*te because it's hard to be that bad unless you try (in context with his proven talent).

If someone was willing to pay £50m this summer I'd rip their hand off right now as he's looking more likely to regress than progress to me. I think Ibe is showing all the signs of being a better player, eventuallly. Imagine swapping Raheem for Reus + Gaya or Pogba + Depay, I'd take either right now without a second thought.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2448: May 03, 2015 01:28:05 am
      He'd be an idiot to pass on one million a week.

Haha he sure would!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2449: May 03, 2015 09:34:49 am
      How much is he on now?

Am I right he wants more than £100,000 per week? Or £5,200,000 a year. At 50% tax! that is still £2,600,000 a year, plus win bonus', goals bonus', sponsorships, image rights. Being payed for his England duties, plus all the free 1st class travel and hotels.

This every year over a 5 year contract. And what exactly has he done to deserve this? He needed a mid season holiday for heavens sake.

I remember on that dreadful Chanel 5 program he needed to be told off by Rodgers as he was being cocky back then.

Starting to remind me of Tom Ince and Shawn Wright-Phillips.

If he does not pull his finger out, he will be either a bit player in a big pond, or nobody will want him.

Youth of today, wants everything now without having to work for it.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2450: May 03, 2015 09:45:47 am
      His head is away from Anfield no wonder he got a few boos yesterday.

No idea why he is being given game time!
      andymac7565
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,088 posts | 23 
      Reply #2451: May 03, 2015 10:37:19 am
      Couldn't believe he missed that sitter yesterday he should be sold imo

He thinks he's better than he is always has

Jordan Ibe is more than capable of filling his boots

And £50 mill could get you a very good proper centre forward
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2452: May 03, 2015 11:05:17 am
      How much is he on now?

Am I right he wants more than £100,000 per week? Or £5,200,000 a year. At 50% tax! that is still £2,600,000 a year, plus win bonus', goals bonus', sponsorships, image rights. Being payed for his England duties, plus all the free 1st class travel and hotels.

This every year over a 5 year contract. And what exactly has he done to deserve this? He needed a mid season holiday for heavens sake.

I remember on that dreadful Chanel 5 program he needed to be told off by Rodgers as he was being cocky back then.

Starting to remind me of Tom Ince and Shawn Wright-Phillips.

If he does not pull his finger out, he will be either a bit player in a big pond, or nobody will want him.

Youth of today, wants everything now without having to work for it.

Got to agree mate.
      His early signals of commitment to LFC were never encouraging and for the club's sake the majority chose not to put too much weight to his perceived ambivalence, to an extent even the manager would be prepared to 'let it lie'.
      As with all budding confrontational issues when not addressed at the outset the elementary cause of the rancour will grow.

Get shut Brendan. 
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #2453: May 03, 2015 11:13:58 am

. Imagine swapping Raheem for Reus + Gaya or Pogba + Depay, I'd take either right now without a second thought.
      May as well imagine swapping Raheem for Messi + Ronaldo! It just about as likely under these owners/ committee!
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #2454: May 03, 2015 12:30:30 pm
      From recent Raheem's contract situation at least it shown us how serious the illness throughout the club's management.

The club cannot keep the true world class player in the like of Suarez, that's serious issue for the club that aiming to be the top.
      More serious is the club has not sufficient plan to acquire quality replacement that actually damage the progress.

The club should know and act early if player don't want to sign a contract, they're value asset of the club.
      The club should at least look after the young players to understand what's going in their mind, then find preventive actions and do business behind a closed door.

Fail to do so then we will end up being step stone for players and feeder club permanently.
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #2455: May 03, 2015 02:00:18 pm
      Why on earth do people feel that they can knock Raheem and be open to the idea of loosing him so easy?

He is and has been our ray of hope for a long time now, he is a key player for us, this season and last and has developed at a rate higher than any player who has played for us in yonks.

all this Ibe will be better talk is disrespectful and based on absolute nothing. Raheem has taken his chance, developed extremely quickly for club and country and has played in several positions for us and done well.

I have no idea whats going on with his contract, but i do know that its not his fault that the contract fiasco is in the media and he has every reason to be offered a contract which reflects his importance.

I just wish the so called fans would show him the love and respect that he deserves.

we are good for raheem - but equally he is good for us.

Get behind our stars of the present and who represents our future
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2456: May 03, 2015 02:28:19 pm
      I have no idea whats going on with his contract, but i do know that its not his fault that the contract fiasco is in the media

It's not....so when he did that unauthorized interview was someone holding a gun to his head? Pretty sure he did that all on his own and that was really the turning point in this whole contract fiasco.

wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #2457: May 03, 2015 02:43:35 pm
      It's not....so when he did that unauthorized interview was someone holding a gun to his head? Pretty sure he did that all on his own and that was really the turning point in this whole contract fiasco.

How was that the turning point? it was openly discussed weeks/months before he had his say
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2458: May 03, 2015 03:22:55 pm
      How was that the turning point? it was openly discussed weeks/months before he had his say

And you think his agent had nothing to do with that?

It was the turning point because most fans at that point became fed up and the ones that weren't blaming Sterling before, started to see that he was onboard with this whole "hold out".
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2459: May 03, 2015 03:41:44 pm
      Why on earth do people feel that they can knock Raheem and be open to the idea of loosing him so easy?

He is and has been our ray of hope for a long time now, he is a key player for us, this season and last and has developed at a rate higher than any player who has played for us in yonks.

all this Ibe will be better talk is disrespectful and based on absolute nothing. Raheem has taken his chance, developed extremely quickly for club and country and has played in several positions for us and done well.

I have no idea whats going on with his contract, but i do know that its not his fault that the contract fiasco is in the media and he has every reason to be offered a contract which reflects his importance.

I just wish the so called fans would show him the love and respect that he deserves.

we are good for raheem - but equally he is good for us.

Get behind our stars of the present and who represents our future

If the lad wants out blah blah blah.
      On his day the lad is a game winner - on the day.
      We haven't seen that spirit in him for a long time and the longer it carries on the more convincing it becomes that he wants out.
      Instead of some expression of commitment to LFC we are left to consider the implication and possible negative suggestion of Sterling refusing to enter into contract extension discussions, if his heart isn't with the club get shut.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,749 posts | 882 
      Reply #2460: May 03, 2015 04:02:06 pm
      I did say last season that he was overrated and Suarez handed him a number of his goals on a plate...

Quick Reply