Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 379142 times
      za
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2737: Jun 07, 2015 02:53:48 pm
      Breaking news. man City withdraw their £30m bid for sterling.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2738: Jun 07, 2015 03:11:27 pm

You're getting boring now, do one or change your tone.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,802 posts | 892 
      Reply #2739: Jun 07, 2015 04:44:37 pm
      Sadly after today's woeful effort... his value has probably decreased even further.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #2740: Jun 07, 2015 08:12:27 pm
      Sterling getting booed by Irish fans today. Ireland is Red!

Noticed that

Can hear The fields of Anfield road being sung too

Well in Irish Reds

Says everything .
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,692 posts | 7160 
      Reply #2741: Jun 07, 2015 08:28:04 pm
      Noticed that

Can hear The fields of Anfield road being sung too

Well in Irish Reds

or this maybehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr1rzSSMsac
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zr1rzSSMsac
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2742: Jun 07, 2015 09:17:13 pm

Maybe so mate, one for the Irish lads who may have been there?

I'm sure I heard a section of our lot there though, there was numerous songs that sounded like ours through the game, only being sung by a smaller section of the crowd, not the whole lot like.. I only watched about 15-20 mins of the first half.. But heard that and the Lucas song, couple of others

I don't watch international football, no interest normally so it may well be songs with different words.. Just seemed odd as there was an obvious number of Irish reds there making their feelings known to Sterling and then that same number sound wise singing what sounded like songs that we sing
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #2743: Jun 07, 2015 09:18:39 pm
      Maybe so mate, one for the Irish lads who may have been there?

I'm sure I heard a section of our lot there though, there was numerous songs that sounded like ours through the game, only being sung by a smaller section of the crowd, not the whole lot like.. I only watched about 15-20 mins of the first half.. But heard that and the Lucas song, couple of others

I don't watch international football, no interest normally so it may well be songs with different words.. Just seemed odd as there was an obvious number of Irish reds there making their feelings known to Sterling

Being from the North I wouldn't be 100% sure Jon but I would imagine it was more likely to be The Fields of Athenry.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2744: Jun 07, 2015 09:21:02 pm
      Being from the North I wouldn't be 100% sure Jon but I would imagine it was more likely to be The Fields of Athenry.

There you go then

Oh well that warm feeling I had has disappeared  :)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,344 posts | 4966 
      Reply #2745: Jun 07, 2015 09:31:55 pm
      There you go then

Oh well that warm feeling I had has disappeared  :)

You may well still be right mate as I didn't waste my time watching the game. We have a big following on both sides of the border over here so it is still likely a big section of Irish Reds got tickets together.

Just I think it's more likely it was the original version of Fields Of Athenry and not the LFC song sung to the same tune.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #2746: Jun 08, 2015 11:20:32 am
      And Woy the owl seem to  blame the Liverpool fans and media for sterling' woeful display >>

Hard for Sterling to shrug off local media criticism, says Hodgson
      http://live4liverpool.com/2015/06/lfc-news/hard-for-sterling-to-shrug-off-local-media-criticism-says-hodgson

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #2747: Jun 08, 2015 02:16:16 pm

F***ing L are you still here troll.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #2748: Jun 08, 2015 02:18:40 pm
      Heard the Irish got stuck into him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2749: Jun 08, 2015 03:18:08 pm
      Heard the Irish got stuck into him.

He's finding out just how lonely it is at the top mate.  His agent has made him an easy target for every footy fan in the land and they won't let up even if he gets his "big move".

If he can't handle it as Roy is suggesting then he'll never make it to the top.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2750: Jun 08, 2015 04:51:33 pm
      And Woy the owl seem to  blame the Liverpool fans and media for sterling' woeful display >>

Hard for Sterling to shrug off local media criticism, says Hodgson
      http://live4liverpool.com/2015/06/lfc-news/hard-for-sterling-to-shrug-off-local-media-criticism-says-hodgson
      Say Woy who had a go at him when he wanted a rest for being "tired"
      this kid is a rotten egg, he got a 2 week holiday whilst the rest of his team mates grafted and battled around a tough period. he then got a rest for england for being Tired. maybe if he spent less time posting pics of what he's wearing and chasing after a massive payday he wouldnt be so bloody tired. get rid of him he's deadwood
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2751: Jun 08, 2015 08:51:17 pm
      Say Woy who had a go at him when he wanted a rest for being "tired"
      this kid is a rotten egg, he got a 2 week holiday whilst the rest of his team mates grafted and battled around a tough period. he then got a rest for england for being Tired. maybe if he spent less time posting pics of what he's wearing and chasing after a massive payday he wouldnt be so bloody tired. get rid of him he's deadwood

How the hell was that guy ever installed or rather appointed as boss here? Shows where the naivety starts and ends, at the very top. They have no clue what's involved in making a football club become successful.
      I won't put Brendan in with that, because they are doing their best to not give the solutions to the problems faced, Suarez goes, we get Balotelli.
      They sack Kenny, impulsively or I totally think it's because he wouldn't tow the line. Therefore I don't think Brendan will be outspoken until he's gone and then fans may go yeah yeah mate try the other one.

One does not approve.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2752: Jun 11, 2015 11:11:13 am
      Seriously if we can get 50 million for him,absolute no brainer,and will be probably the best bit of business LFC have done in a long long time,Sterlings trouble is that he is not as good as he,or his agent thinks he is,and for me personaly I can't wait to see the back of this ungrateful tw*t.

Everyone is talking about £50 million. How do you guys come up with these figures its just unbielivable. His price performance and value has droped massively.

Although I whole hardheartedly agree with you both on this matter have any of you seen the list on Sky Sports Transfer Desk on the worlds most expensive players??? http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/21476/9880434/lionel-messi-eden-hazard-and-raheem-sterling-among-worlds-most-valuable-players-in-study

They are valuing Raheem Sterling at £60m... I say If City offers close to that, bit there hand off
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2753: Jun 11, 2015 11:44:57 am
      How the hell was that guy ever installed or rather appointed as boss here? Shows where the naivety starts and ends, at the very top. They have no clue what's involved in making a football club become successful.
      I won't put Brendan in with that, because they are doing their best to not give the solutions to the problems faced, Suarez goes, we get Balotelli.
      They sack Kenny, impulsively or I totally think it's because he wouldn't tow the line. Therefore I don't think Brendan will be outspoken until he's gone and then fans may go yeah yeah mate try the other one.

One does not approve.
      I believe it is in part due to the way the Americans View Sport. What I mean by this is there sport is big money, just like football, but unlike football you have to look at how they operate thier MSL,NBA,NFL Franchise's the clue is in the name..
      Unlike the rest of the worlds Football Leagues in North America teams do not get Promoted or demoted to and from lower leagues. there are none. Instead the have Collage (Amateur) teams, and there best players are picked via "The Drafts"

The best-known type of draft is the entry draft, which is used to allocate players who have recently become eligible to play in a league. Depending on the sport, the players may come from college, high school or junior teams or teams in other countries.

An entry draft prevents expensive bidding wars for young talent and ensures that no one team can sign contracts with all of the best young players and make the league uncompetitive. To encourage parity, teams that do poorly in the previous season usually get to choose first in the postseason draft, sometimes with a "lottery" factor to discourage teams from purposely losing.

Over the years the Americans owners have been pushing for these types of changes (a) North American style league where no teams are demoted. and (b) Drafts where player young player are picked by clubs.

Spending vast amounts of money on buying players in football is very alien to the average American owner,then just can not wrap thier heads around it that is why there are so very few American owners in Football and even less decent ones.

The type of owners needed at LFC are Non-American, on till then the faith of LFC is on a slow ever decreasing down hill spiral
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,427 posts | 6420 
      Reply #2754: Jun 11, 2015 12:11:08 pm
      I believe it is in part due to the way the Americans View Sport. What I mean by this is there sport is big money, just like football, but unlike football you have to look at how they operate thier MSL,NBA,NFL Franchise's the clue is in the name..
      Unlike the rest of the worlds Football Leagues in North America teams do not get Promoted or demoted to and from lower leagues. there are none. Instead the have Collage (Amateur) teams, and there best players are picked via "The Drafts"

The best-known type of draft is the entry draft, which is used to allocate players who have recently become eligible to play in a league. Depending on the sport, the players may come from college, high school or junior teams or teams in other countries.

An entry draft prevents expensive bidding wars for young talent and ensures that no one team can sign contracts with all of the best young players and make the league uncompetitive. To encourage parity, teams that do poorly in the previous season usually get to choose first in the postseason draft, sometimes with a "lottery" factor to discourage teams from purposely losing.

Over the years the Americans owners have been pushing for these types of changes (a) North American style league where no teams are demoted. and (b) Drafts where player young player are picked by clubs.

Spending vast amounts of money on buying players in football is very alien to the average American owner,then just can not wrap thier heads around it that is why there are so very few American owners in Football and even less decent ones.

The type of owners needed at LFC are Non-American, on till then the faith of LFC is on a slow ever decreasing down hill spiral
      We can do drafts because those leagues you speak of are only big in America. Drafts would never work in the EPL because there are so many other good leagues that would have to sign in to do the same thing. Drafts are actually a great way to introduce parity and competitiveness to the league. As for the promotion and relegation model, I really wish Anerican sports would adopt this model, I think it would be great for all the sports leagues over here.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,608 posts | 1814 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2755: Jun 11, 2015 12:48:11 pm

Although I whole hardheartedly agree with you both on this matter have any of you seen the list on Sky Sports Transfer Desk on the worlds most expensive players??? http://www1.skysports.com/transfer/news/21476/9880434/lionel-messi-eden-hazard-and-raheem-sterling-among-worlds-most-valuable-players-in-study

They are valuing Raheem Sterling at £60m... I say If City offers close to that, bit there hand off

Too right, take the money and run.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2756: Jun 11, 2015 04:38:08 pm
      60mil thanks SKY  ;D sell sell sell once that figure is met he's a little P@~CK who can do one not a LFC player for me and i dont wish him well unless and its a big UNLESS he comes out and does a BBC sport interview as he likes doing that and apologies for publicly talking about the club, and to put to bed all these quotes of UTD, its not about the money etc. until he does that i'm not support him and hope he dont get a game and we sell him he's a rotten egg and seems to have a bad attitude.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2757: Jun 11, 2015 07:06:28 pm
      60mil thanks SKY  ;D sell sell sell once that figure is met he's a little P@~CK who can do one not a LFC player for me and i dont wish him well unless and its a big UNLESS he comes out and does a BBC sport interview as he likes doing that and apologies for publicly talking about the club, and to put to bed all these quotes of UTD, its not about the money etc. until he does that i'm not support him and hope he dont get a game and we sell him he's a rotten egg and seems to have a bad attitude.

He loves you too :D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #2758: Jun 11, 2015 07:24:58 pm
      We can do drafts because those leagues you speak of are only big in America. Drafts would never work in the EPL because there are so many other good leagues that would have to sign in to do the same thing. Drafts are actually a great way to introduce parity and competitiveness to the league. As for the promotion and relegation model, I really wish Anerican sports would adopt this model, I think it would be great for all the sports leagues over here.
      It wont't stop them from trying to convince us to do so, I remember when It was said that they were try to talk the PL in to having no relegation policy
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2050049/Foreign-owners-want-scrap-Premier-League-relegation.html
      and during the "World Cup in the U.S.(1994) they wanted the games to be play in four quarters so they could show thier TV ads

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/chrisbevan/2010/05/the_story_of_the_1994_world_cu.html
      "I remember hearing jokes (or at least I think they were jokes) in the build-up that American TV executives had lobbied for bigger goals because of a fear of too many 0-0 draws, and for games to be split into quarters to allow for more advertising during the intervals."

All this just shows how much they do not understand the sport
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,545 posts | 1544 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #2759: Jun 11, 2015 09:43:13 pm
       Tony Barrett retweeted
      Times Sport ‏@TimesSport 25m25 minutes ago

Liverpool turn down £30m Manchester City bid for Raheem Sterling, @OliverKayTimes

Quick Reply