Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375660 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)
      Reply #3128: Feb 07, 2016 01:18:40 pm
      You'd pay 49m for him? :lmao: No thanks.

Considering what Benteke cost, I suppose that would be about the going rate for an English player with that return.

Still wouldn't have him, but that number isn't as ridiculous as it used to be.

Some of us said, he'll never be the star he wants to be there and he'll never be the top player in this league (which is what that kind of price should buy you) but he is what he is and he's been fairly productive there.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #3129: Feb 07, 2016 01:21:45 pm
      Considering what Benteke cost, I suppose that would be about the going rate for an English player with that return.

Some of us said, he'll never be the star he wants to be there and he'll never be the top player in this league (which is what that kind of price should buy you) but he is what he is and he's been fairly productive there.

I wouldn't call one league goal and one assist in the last 4 months productive.

For £49 million I'd expect a hell of a lot more than that.

De Bruyne has been "fairly productive".

Sterling has been sh*t for the most part.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #3130: Feb 07, 2016 01:23:51 pm

Tranfer prices are fu**ed now, it's impossible to gauge what a player should be worth now imo.

Just think Zidane cost £45mill and was a world record and that stood for a good few years until Madrid decided to completely cock the market up.

Sterling right now is better than anyone we've got and it's ludicrous to think otherwise imo, he's going to be a cracking player.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3131: Feb 07, 2016 03:52:53 pm
      Agree with a good deal of the sentiment in here. Yeah, Sterling's been going through a sh*t patch at City, but there's no doubt in my mind we'd be loads better if we still had him. Just think for a second about how abject our wide play is.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3132: Feb 07, 2016 03:55:46 pm
      Agree with a good deal of the sentiment in here. Yeah, Sterling's been going through a sh*t patch at City, but there's no doubt in my mind we'd be loads better if we still had him. Just think for a second about how abject our wide play is.

Agree.

On his worst day he's still miles better then Ibe.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3133: Feb 07, 2016 08:26:16 pm
      Are you joking?

One league goal and one assist since last October.

He's been absolutely sh*t for City.

Not to mention he's a cocky little tramp.

Take him back for £49 mill?

Like f**k mate!

Scored and assisted several in the Champions League, FA Cup, and League cup.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3134: Feb 07, 2016 11:06:14 pm
      Scored and assisted several in the Champions League, FA Cup, and League cup.

10 goals in 33 games. Not the worst but hardly £49mill worth is it. Saw something the other day. 125 times you could have signed Mahrez for 1 Sterling. At the moment, we have taken City to the cleaners (once you forget abut the fact we are doing really bad)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3135: Feb 29, 2016 03:13:09 am
      Can't finish, gets pushed off the ball....even City fans were giving him stick.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3136: Feb 29, 2016 10:44:27 am
      Can't finish, gets pushed off the ball....even City fans were giving him stick.

The constant booing from our lot was pretty "small-time" in my opinion.

Should of tried getting behind the team a bit louder, rather than just F***ing booing.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,256 posts | 4933 
      Reply #3137: Feb 29, 2016 10:48:33 am
      The constant booing from our lot was pretty "small-time" in my opinion.

Should of tried getting behind the team a bit louder, rather than just F***ing booing.

Agree.

I'm not a fan of booing opposition players.

On Sterling he still showed to me that he is a quality player but he should have scored at least two.
      « Last Edit: Feb 29, 2016 11:39:41 am by srslfc »
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3138: Feb 29, 2016 11:01:09 am
      On Sterling he still showed to me that he is a quality player nut he should have scored ay least two.

I slightly disagree, a quality player would of finished one of them two chances.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,455 posts | 4585 
      Reply #3139: Feb 29, 2016 11:55:11 am
      I slightly disagree, a quality player would of finished one of them two chances.

Aguero... F**k me if he had a sniff at those 2 chances I don't think we would have made it to the penalties..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3140: Feb 29, 2016 03:56:42 pm
      His finishing is outrageous for a forward player. Runs like a girl and shoots like one too. Still would get in our team like.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3141: Feb 29, 2016 07:04:16 pm
      On Sterling he still showed to me that he is a quality player but he should have scored at least two.

Still showed he is woeful in front of goal and can't pass
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3142: Feb 29, 2016 07:12:14 pm
      Still showed he is woeful in front of goal and can't pass

Still shows he's wearing a shaggy dog on his head too. Too much talk about Sterling.We do ourselves a disservice by spending so much time and energy on him...why not just delete this thread and move on ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #3143: Mar 01, 2016 11:15:36 am
      There's only one greedy b***ard !!
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #3144: Mar 01, 2016 08:23:44 pm
      It's very rare for me to post in an ex players thread but despite his misses yesterday I would have much rather he was in our line-up. Of course he isn't worth 50 million and maybe 10 goals in 33 isn't the greatest of returns but I dare say he'll have 15 goals and 10 assists come seasons' end. I most regret that we don't have any pace in our side, we are so slow it's in true. Pace effects the opposition, it causes defenders to drop deeper, it creates space for others to play in. We ha da half fit Studge and Couttinho and Firmino who are both pretty pedestrian by comparison. As for the booing I'm all for it if it puts the player off their game and into a shell. He'll get a lot of stick at Anfield tomorrow night and I hope it effects him. I was at the bridge when Torres made his debut for them against us, I swore I wouldn't boo him but the sight of him in blue filled me with bloody rage. The lad couldn't couldn't handle the reception she got and simply retreated into his shell that day.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3145: Mar 01, 2016 08:30:21 pm
      Still wish we hadn't sold him. Gave Clyne quite a bit of trouble on Sunday. He's a massive c**t, but if City offered us the chance to buy him back for 44m + 5m in add-ons, I'd bite their hands off. Said it in the summer that I thought Sterling was probably better than any player we'd bring in and I stand by that. His finishing is absolutely horrendous though.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #3146: Mar 01, 2016 08:35:25 pm
      Still wish we hadn't sold him. Gave Clyne quite a bit of trouble on Sunday. He's a massive c**t, but if City offered us the chance to buy him back for 44m + 5m in add-ons, I'd bite their hands off. Said it in the summer that I thought Sterling was probably better than any player we'd bring in and I stand by that. His finishing is absolutely horrendous though.

I don't think he's better than Firmino. And if it wasn't now, he'd just itch for a move later on.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3147: Mar 01, 2016 08:57:56 pm
      It's very rare for me to post in an ex players thread but despite his misses yesterday I would have much rather he was in our line-up. Of course he isn't worth 50 million and maybe 10 goals in 33 isn't the greatest of returns but I dare say he'll have 15 goals and 10 assists come seasons' end. I most regret that we don't have any pace in our side

I feel the same way, though I still think he's a different player when in that #10 role and can be world class if he plays there regularly.

Pace effects the opposition, it causes defenders to drop deeper, it creates space for others to play in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0epH-8_PJOA

You are absolutely right, this is just one of many examples as to what Sterling offered in the 10/central role. Look at the space ahead of him, his pace frightens the life out of them.

To this day, I am still baffled as to why Rodgers discontinued Sterlings progression as a 10, same with Coutinho in the midfield diamond.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,297 posts | 765 
      Reply #3148: Mar 01, 2016 08:59:29 pm
      Forget the little f**ker !
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8573 
      Reply #3149: Mar 03, 2016 12:55:43 am
      Nice to see the little shithouse get fu**ed off at half-time.
      guycherrmann
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #3150: Mar 03, 2016 01:23:28 am
      I don't think he's better than Firmino. And if it wasn't now, he'd just itch for a move later on.
      still agree with ex-players/pundits last year. At Man. City for a year or two, get less playing time, and will end up like the countless other "go to Man. City for the money and playing on a relegation team in 3 seasons".  Word is Pep will put him on the bench or sell him within 3 transfer windows. 

Quick Reply