Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375353 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)
      Reply #3174: Apr 16, 2016 10:56:35 pm
      Wonder how much we get if they make the final and how much if they win the Final?

I hope we don't find out to be honest
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3175: Apr 16, 2016 10:59:10 pm
      I hope we don't find out to be honest

I hope they make the Final then get done mate.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3176: Apr 17, 2016 11:12:53 am
      I hope they make the Final then get done mate.

Perfect scenario. England needs to push away from Italy in the rankings. City getting beat in the final is great.

Anyway, £50m. Fifty million pounds. Fifty F***ing million F***ing pounds.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #3177: Apr 17, 2016 11:21:27 am
      Perfect scenario. England needs to push away from Italy in the rankings. City getting beat in the final is great.

Anyway, £50m. Fifty million pounds. Fifty f**king million f**king pounds.

And we spent most of it on Benteke :(
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,543 posts | 725 
      Reply #3178: Apr 19, 2016 10:32:38 pm
      He's 100% gonna be frozen out by Guardiola.

So the question is. WOULD YOU HAVE IM BACK?
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3179: Apr 19, 2016 10:35:30 pm

Is he? Based on what? I think he'll be the City player that Guardiola most enjoys working with. Very intelligent, very talented, lots of pace. Also, apparently was named by Guardiola as one of the players he wanted at Bayern.

And obviously I'd have him back. If City wanted a refund, I'd gladly pay them the 44m or whatever it was that they paid.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #3180: Apr 19, 2016 11:45:27 pm
      Is he? Based on what? I think he'll be the City player that Guardiola most enjoys working with. Very intelligent, very talented, lots of pace. Also, apparently was named by Guardiola as one of the players he wanted at Bayern.

And obviously I'd have him back. If City wanted a refund, I'd gladly pay them the 44m or whatever it was that they paid.

Not sure where you are getting that he's intelligent. Not in his game and not in his personal life either from all I've read and seen.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3181: Apr 19, 2016 11:48:02 pm
      Not sure where you are getting that he's intelligent. Not in his game and not in his personal life either from all I've read and seen.

He's one of the most intelligent young players I've seen (in his game, obviously, I don't care about his personal life).
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #3182: Apr 20, 2016 12:03:46 am
      I would not want him back. His personality is one that would not mesh with Klopp. I am all in favor of a pacy winger, but not Sterling to be honest. And maybe one who could hit the broadside of a barn when he shoots.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #3183: Apr 20, 2016 12:07:38 am
      I wouldn't have him back if he came gift wrapped with a full refund.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #3184: Apr 20, 2016 01:11:41 am
      He's one of the most intelligent young players I've seen (in his game, obviously, I don't care about his personal life).

He's actually not. Countless times where he didn't pass where he should have, where he shot when he shouldn't have, etc....

He's actually not a very intelligent footballer at all. Which isn't surprising because he's shown a lack of intelligence in his personal life too.

BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3185: Apr 20, 2016 01:17:50 am
      He's actually not. Countless times where he didn't pass where he should have, where he shot when he shouldn't have, etc....

He's actually not a very intelligent footballer at all. Which isn't surprising because he's shown a lack of intelligence in his personal life too.

I could go back and pull posts on here, other Liverpool forums, and old articles to prove my point, but I can't be bothered. It was a very popular opinion when he wasn't hated by our lot.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,317 posts | 6380 
      Reply #3186: Apr 20, 2016 02:00:26 am
      I could go back and pull posts on here, other Liverpool forums, and old articles to prove my point, but I can't be bothered. It was a very popular opinion when he wasn't hated by our lot.

You can "pull" whatever you want.....what you are saying doesn't pass the sniff or eye test my friend. Sterling is not a smart footballer. Good luck finding anyone that actually watches him play that would say otherwise.

He's very athletically talented, no doubt about that, very skillful  indeed. But intelligent and Sterling aren't two words that often collide in any sentence.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3187: Apr 20, 2016 03:21:03 am
      You can "pull" whatever you want.....what you are saying doesn't pass the sniff or eye test my friend. Sterling is not a smart footballer. Good luck finding anyone that actually watches him play that would say otherwise.

He's very athletically talented, no doubt about that, very skillful  indeed. But intelligent and Sterling aren't two words that often collide in any sentence.

Then I would think that all "athletically talented" and "very skillful" young players would have performed to the level Sterling has already performed in his career and attracted interest and investment to the size of him as well?

Because if it's only about athleticism and skill, I wonder why Jordon Ibe has failed to live up to the "new Sterling" tag and is still confined to limited minutes while Sterling was frequently our best player at a similar age. Or why Aaron Lennon, Gabby Agbonlahor, and many others never turned out to be much in their careers.

It's actually a pretty old cliché to assume players of his ilk are "stupid" or "headless chicken". All attacking players make wrong decisions, particularly young players, but his chance creation has been solid from a very early age. He's still ridiculously young, which is conveniently forgotten by those who are still bitter about him, but of which we're reminded all the freaking time for players like Emre Can, who's actually older and makes some pretty terrible decisions every week.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #3188: Apr 20, 2016 03:27:11 am

Why do you assume that? Obviously it might have been just rumours but wasn't he linked with Bayern as well?

And yes, in terms of playing quality alone, I'd have him back. He would walk into our team with no great difficulty and he could provide the pace and width which Klopp seems to want.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #3189: Apr 20, 2016 04:59:34 am

Why is pull in quotations? Did you not understand the meaning of it?

Again, I can find you a number of articles from the likes of The Anfield Wrap, newspapers, and other online forums that praise his football intelligence. He's a very intelligent footballer.

"Sterling’s football intelligence is often overlooked, as pace is his most noticeable attribute."
      http://tbrfootball.com/even-49m-raheem-sterling-will-worth-every-penny/

"I've been really pleased with his maturity. He puts an awful lot of time into his work. We've tried to play him in different positions to improve his football intelligence. You could see how today he operated at the top of the diamond. He penetrated and was comfortable on the ball. When we switched to 4-3-3, he was the wide player on the side. So it really shows you how intelligent he is as a footballer. He's got that in-built brain[...]"
      http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/161569-you-saw-sterling-s-intelligence-today

"Sterling is deceptively strong, intelligent in possession and blessed with pace and sublime technique. But, it is his tactical intelligence, his ability to retain the ball, find the right pass or slow the game down, which set him apart. It is his ability to defy logic and convert from adept wide forward to, even more astute, number 10 with a spell filling in at right-back for good measure. He has been key to Rodgers tactic of starting games on the front foot and regularly running teams into submission during the opening 20 minutes of matches. But he has also shown enough football intelligence to adapt his game according to the circumstance and according to the opponent."
      http://www.theanfieldwrap.com/2014/04/rise-rise-raheem-sterling/

"This is one of the nation’s few bright starlets, a 19-year-old eager to learn, hungry to wear the Three Lions and demonstrating a remarkable tactical intelligence to absorb and execute the instructions of Rodgers and Hodgson. Play on the right? Will do. Play left? Of course. Play in the hole against Manchester City, distracting Yaya Touré and bamboozling Vincent Kompany? Love to. Play at the tip of the midfield diamond in a vital qualifier against Switzerland? Mission accepted. There is far more to celebrate about Sterling than denigrate."
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/england/11160335/England-and-Liverpool-must-treasure-and-protect-Raheem-Sterling-and-keep-prize-asset-fresh-for-years-to-come.html

"It was a fine goal, one that combined the youngster's speed and energy with his seemingly innate football intelligence, coming inside from his wide position in the way that Rodgers had encouraged him to do."
      http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/raheem-sterling-can-be-a-legend-at-liverpool-says-brendan-rodgers-after-reading-goal-8219935.html

As well as all the things Diego mentioned, he's also someone who has constantly been moved around the pitch and performed admirably in each of those positions. That quite clearly shows he's tactically switched on. In 13/14 he was adding new things to his game every week, his movement is excellent, his decision making is excellent for someone of his age too. He doesn't just run down the wing and smash crosses into the full back's shins, he's actually aware of what is going on around him. All players, even the likes of Ronaldo and Messi make wrong decisions at times when it comes to passing or shooting. That doesn't take away from his intelligence though, because again, more often than not he makes the right decision.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #3190: Apr 20, 2016 05:08:01 am
      I was listening to TAW the other day where in the hosts were speaking of game intelligence in regard to Ibe vs. Sterling; to a man and I take it they know more than I do what the tow players are polar opposites. Whereas Jordon has all they physical tools he lacks the game vision and smarts that Sterling had despite his diminutive frame. Yes Sterling made stupid mistakes but he was capable of thinking/doing automatically and saw things that many just are not capable of.

Does not bother me he is gone..but he by no means was a unintelligent footballer....unintellig ent off the pitch with out a doubt but on the pitch pretty smart for his age.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #3191: Apr 29, 2016 03:46:01 pm
      Has put in only 2 successful crosses this season :lmao:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,349 posts | 1622 
      Reply #3192: May 09, 2016 08:54:03 pm
      Has joined the list of those who thought it was good to leave the family life aint so rosy sometimes , keep flapping your arms young man .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3193: May 09, 2016 08:55:22 pm
      Has joined the list of those who thought it was good to leave the family life aint so rosy sometimes , keep flapping your arms young man .

I cant see Pep rating him much £50milllion we did well there
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #3194: May 27, 2016 12:01:41 pm
      Ahhhhh my heart bleeds, you little greedy sh*t!

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3195: May 27, 2016 12:08:26 pm
      Ahhhhh my heart bleeds, you little greedy sh*t!

:lmao:

Absolutely gutted for the lad, truly am....

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #3196: May 27, 2016 12:10:12 pm
      Should have a word with his agent. Great advice he got off him weren't it?

Quick Reply