Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 374843 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)
      Reply #3197: May 27, 2016 12:28:57 pm
      hope he has learned his lesson maybe a loan season with west Brom  is in order
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3198: May 27, 2016 12:34:19 pm
      What happened to him being able to handle the pressure of the move and not letting the crowds get to him? :D
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #3199: May 27, 2016 01:11:28 pm
      Very few players leave this club and do well, even fewer do well after leaving under bad circumstances...
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #3200: Jun 10, 2016 10:46:18 pm
      noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,866 posts | 165 
      Reply #3201: Jun 11, 2016 11:35:09 pm
      F***ing useless tonight for England, how he even made the 23 is a mystery let alone the first XI .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3202: Jun 11, 2016 11:40:26 pm
      F***ing useless tonight for England, how he even made the 23 is a mystery let alone the first XI .

An incredible tribute to Shaun Wright Phillips tonight. Even outdoing Shaun Wright Phillips!

50 million you say?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3203: Jun 12, 2016 12:12:01 am
      He has declined so much, hasn't he?

Rodgers got it right in the 13/14 season by playing Sterling as a 10, but for some reason, he shifted him out wide, and as a wide player, he just looks like your average English wide player.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3204: Jun 12, 2016 12:23:30 am
      He has declined so much, hasn't he?

Rodgers got it right in the 13/14 season by playing Sterling as a 10, but for some reason, he shifted him out wide, and as a wide player, he just looks like your average English wide player.

Like yourself, I've always said that Sterling's best performances for us came when he played at the tip of a diamond with Studge and Suarez ahead with Coutinho on the left. But somehow there seems to have been this belief perpetuated by the media that he is best as a winger.

Regardless, he's utter dogshit and with Ali on the scene now there's little of chance of him playing there in an England shirt.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3205: Jun 16, 2016 06:56:03 pm
      what a performance today it was fukin brutal I am sure he has already impressed his new manager. Better get ready for some splinters in his backside or some loan time at Scunthorpe.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #3206: Jun 16, 2016 06:59:22 pm
      what a performance today it was fukin brutal I am sure he has already impressed his new manager. Better get ready for some splinters in his backside or some loan time at Scunthorpe.

To think we stole £50M from City, think they might sue us for fraud!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3207: Jun 16, 2016 07:01:01 pm

Wonder what he thinks of his Agent now...his career is going backwards and I doubt we will see him start again in the competition
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #3208: Jun 16, 2016 07:04:14 pm

We never had end product in himself. He stole those, yes :D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3209: Jun 16, 2016 07:06:33 pm
      Embarrassing himself now.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3210: Jun 16, 2016 07:14:42 pm
      It's almost sad in a way. And yet, at the same time, ";D" suffices.

I think there is talent in there, though. Sterling just seems completely lost mentally, and I'd be wary of sticking the boot in too early before Guardiola has had a chance to coach him.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3211: Jun 16, 2016 08:38:41 pm
      For a player that has so much pace, when it comes to running with the ball at his feet he looks very slow.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #3212: Jun 17, 2016 12:12:26 am
      Think Raheem is in a bit of trouble. Think he can forget this euros now. Very unlikely he will be given another chance barring a huge injury crisis.

Think he's going to get another season at City but i think he will struggle to make the first team and be sold on the year after.

People can say that he should never have moved, but in all honesty City should never have been interested.

I don't think he's good enough for us or City and i think we did very well to get the money we did. As with the Suarez money though it would have been nice to have not wasted it all.

I think Raheem is looking at a mid to lower table bench career I really do

Hos finishing and composure for a forward is outragously poor and the older he gets and the more weights he does in the gym, the less illusive and snappy he will become. Considering that is all he has in his game, he's going to struggle to carve out a lasting career at the top imo.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3213: Jun 17, 2016 12:22:59 am
      Think Raheem is in a bit of trouble. Think he can forget this euros now. Very unlikely he will be given another chance barring a huge injury crisis.

Think he's going to get another season at City but i think he will struggle to make the first team and be sold on the year after.

People can say that he should never have moved, but in all honesty City should never have been interested.

I don't think he's good enough for us or City and i think we did very well to get the money we did. As with the Suarez money though it would have been nice to have not wasted it all.

I think Raheem is looking at a mid to lower table bench career I really do

Hos finishing and composure for a forward is outragously poor and the older he gets and the more weights he does in the gym, the less illusive and snappy he will become. Considering that is all he has in his game, he's going to struggle to carve out a lasting career at the top imo.
      There is no saying he wouldn't have gone backwards with us. I think it is more about Sterling than anybody else. He was average on his final season with us. 50m was a great deal for us, I really don't think he would be much above Ibe in the pecking order at Liverpool. I think Swansea, Stoke or Southampton would be a good fit for Sterling. Teams that hover around 8th to 12th in general. He is probably worth around 10m I would say. I wouldn't take him back for 10m, but I think it will be a fair price for him to a lower side when city want to cut their losses.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3214: Jun 17, 2016 12:59:52 am
      It's almost sad in a way. And yet, at the same time, ";D" suffices.

I think there is talent in there, though. Sterling just seems completely lost mentally, and I'd be wary of sticking the boot in too early before Guardiola has had a chance to coach him.

I have doubts that Guardiola would want to coach a player as thick as pig sh*t as him. He's shockingly inept when it comes to the grey matter in between his ears.
      TonioLerouge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,170 posts | 59 
      Reply #3215: Jun 17, 2016 10:22:35 am
      I wouldn't bury him that deep.

He's still young and may have some future as a big club (squad) player. He'll just fail to remain a key player for the likes of City, and will probably have a limited international carrreer, like I was saying when he was sold he's talented but not professionnal enough to meet their kind of expectations.

About his valuation I think 10m would still be a bargain for his talent, he's easily worth 20-30m I'd say ; on the other hand even for 10m, I wouldn't want his kind of personnality around the LFC squad.   
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3216: Jun 17, 2016 10:36:45 am
      There is no saying he wouldn't have gone backwards with us. I think it is more about Sterling than anybody else. He was average on his final season with us. 50m was a great deal for us, I really don't think he would be much above Ibe in the pecking order at Liverpool. I think Swansea, Stoke or Southampton would be a good fit for Sterling. Teams that hover around 8th to 12th in general. He is probably worth around 10m I would say. I wouldn't take him back for 10m, but I think it will be a fair price for him to a lower side when city want to cut their losses.

I get that he's not been good lately but he still got double figures for both goals (11) and assists (10) for the season in all comps. Compared to Coutinho (12 goals & 7 assists), Firmino (11 goals & 11 assists) and Lallana (7 goals & 8 assists) he did just as good if not better so that 10m valuation is complete bollocks to be honest.

When he left I was surprised at the fee we got and I did wonder how great he could become in the future. It's still not even close between Ibe and Sterling IMO. Ibe showed two good moments last season (goals against Southampton and West Brom) but other than that he was terrible. If Ibe is being spoken about as being worth around 8-10m as part of a deal for Mane then how on earth can Sterling be worth that little?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3217: Jun 17, 2016 10:46:36 am
      Got the speed,touch of a little skill but needs to find his firing boots because he has missed 2 sitters in two games...not like it's unusual too,remember for us Raheem missing velar chances & for Citeh..
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3218: Jun 17, 2016 10:49:17 am
      Got the speed,touch of a little skill but needs to find his firing boots because he has missed 2 sitters in two games...not like it's unusual too,remember for us Raheem missing velar chances & for Citeh..

That's definitely something he needs to work on. It seems he hasn't bothered to do so though.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3219: Jun 17, 2016 10:53:39 am
      I get that he's not been good lately but he still got double figures for both goals (11) and assists (10) for the season in all comps. Compared to Coutinho (12 goals & 7 assists), Firmino (11 goals & 11 assists) and Lallana (7 goals & 8 assists) he did just as good if not better so that 10m valuation is complete bollocks to be honest.

When he left I was surprised at the fee we got and I did wonder how great he could become in the future. It's still not even close between Ibe and Sterling IMO. Ibe showed two good moments last season (goals against Southampton and West Brom) but other than that he was terrible. If Ibe is being spoken about as being worth around 8-10m as part of a deal for Mane then how on earth can Sterling be worth that little?
      Sterling is over rated. This is just my opinion;

Sterling pros;

Fast and can dribble.
      Good deliveries.

Cons;

Useless infront of goal
      No ability to tackle.

People claim he can play anywhere along the front 3 or as a play maker, it is absolute rubbish in my opinion because even as a defensive play maker you need to have a better ability to defend. For number 10 role he needs to be more clinical on goal.
      I don't think he will ever get that much better infront of goal, but he can be a very good winger as long as he passes and does not take the chances himself. Also he seems to get pushed away from the goal at times and end up closer to the corner flag than the goal.
      For England he just kept running into players and I will compare it to Ibe now.

Ibe Pros;

Reasonable at shooting.
      Can run down the wing
      Cuts inside.

Cons:

Often runs into players
      No ability to tackle
      Poor marking

Ibe has an end product so he can play on the wing or number 10. For a lower side he would even make a decent centre forward, we have Sturidge, Firmino and Origi ahead of him. Ibe is a more handy utility player in my opinion. Regardless of money, would I would I rather have Sterling or Ibe? I think Ibe. I don't think Ibe is brilliant either, but I have never rated Sterling because I think he has no end product. When you say how many he scored, he missed a lot of sitters to get those goals.

Sterling was never worth 50m. 30m was about right, we got the English premium and additional money for going to a rival. Since then he has had a terrible season and his value has absolutely plummeted. If he goes to a lower side, I think 15m max for Sterling.

Quick Reply