Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 375394 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Raheem Sterling Player Thread
      Reply #2392: Apr 04, 2015 03:18:03 pm
      We really need to get Raheem back into his preferred position. He's just not a center forward. Not really fair to him to judge him on that and it's not his fault that he's been forced to play in that position.

Well for someone demanding more than 100k you'd think he'd be able to play those positions. Because he's clearly worth that ain't he.

He doesn't deserve your sympathy, my sympathy or anyone elses sympathy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2393: Apr 04, 2015 08:52:26 pm
      Well for someone demanding more than 100k you'd think he'd be able to play those positions. Because he's clearly worth that ain't he.

He doesn't deserve your sympathy, my sympathy or anyone elses sympathy.

I've no sympathy for him, he's brought on everything he's getting. I'm just saying performance wise he's not meant to be a center forward so I'm hesitant to lambast him for not being the game changer up top that Danny or Luis have been. Think you'll find I've been as critical as anyone of his "contract demands" but that doesn't mean I can't clearly see that he's much more threatening played in his normal position.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2394: Apr 05, 2015 03:14:12 am
      We really need to get Raheem back into his preferred position. He's just not a center forward. Not really fair to him to judge him on that and it's not his fault that he's been forced to play in that position.

What's his preferred position? How has he went from being given the almighty chance to play tons of games for Liverpool to being someone we build the team around?  Is he really that amazing?
      Didn't he come into the first team as as some sort of striker or what the actual F**k is his position?
      If it's number 10; I'd' rather have Coutinho there every day of the week.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #2395: Apr 05, 2015 03:49:25 am
      In my humble opinion Sterling should be the player who is a number 7 type player, he's too greedy to be a number ten, and that is a very daunting task to ask because he mightn't be capable or have the skills to fulfil that role.
      He's had a pretty cool season in fairness, so I'm not going to be horrible towards him just because that interview happened. But to be the number 7 at Liverpool, you have to prove your worth for that extra money and have the ability or finesse to actually go through with the task.
      I don't think his heart has ever been at Liverpool and I think we have the equivalent of a spoilt brat playing here, please allow me this opinion, it's one I've always had about him, so I wouldn't mind if he left because you're either here fully or not.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2396: Apr 05, 2015 03:50:15 am
      Still looked our most likely player yet again. Everything good in the first half went through him and he had F**k all to work with as Coutinho lost every ball he received.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #2397: Apr 05, 2015 04:25:10 am
      U know what,im sick of this guy,he and hes "its not about the money,its about trophys" status makes me really sick.If he wants he can go to Arsenal and stay there after todays game.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2398: Apr 05, 2015 12:11:47 pm
      What's his preferred position? How has he went from being given the almighty chance to play tons of games for Liverpool to being someone we build the team around?  Is he really that amazing?
      Didn't he come into the first team as as some sort of striker or what the actual F**k is his position?
      If it's number 10; I'd' rather have Coutinho there every day of the week.

He's a left winger or left sided attacker mate, that's where he played throughout his Academy career.  Although he was never a 'get to the byline and cross' type winger.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #2399: Apr 09, 2015 12:59:07 pm
      Sterling on the left, Ibe on the right would be a great combo defenders would hate those two running at them. Lets just hope he's here to do that for us for many years to come.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2400: Apr 10, 2015 05:20:20 pm
      Some waffle about Sterling being swapped for Theo Walcott in the summer with the Arse willing to pay 20m to complete the deal.
      Pinches of salt required methinks.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/435657/EXCLUSIVE-Liverpool-Raheem-Sterling-Arsenal-Theo-Walcott
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2401: Apr 10, 2015 05:31:02 pm
      Some waffle about Sterling being swapped for Theo Walcott in the summer with the Arse willing to pay 20m to complete the deal.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/435657/EXCLUSIVE-Liverpool-Raheem-Sterling-Arsenal-Theo-Walcott

Not even worth reading.

As far as I'm concerned, if Raheem thinks he can do better else where and thinks the grass is greener then so be it, get rid. He will soon regret it when he is bouncing from club to club trying to establish himself whilst becoming the next Pennant or Bentley.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,005 posts | 3953 
      Reply #2402: Apr 10, 2015 05:34:49 pm
      Not even worth reading.

As far as I'm concerned, if Raheem thinks he can do better else where and thinks the grass is greener then so be it, get rid. He will soon regret it when he is bouncing from club to club trying to establish himself whilst becoming the next Pennant or Bentley.

Hence the micro salt comment mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2403: Apr 10, 2015 06:13:10 pm
      Hence the micro salt comment mate.

I know mate, was just saying in general how stories from them are a complete joke. Good at making sh*t up though, got to give them that, have it off to a fine art like
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,418 posts | 3414 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2404: Apr 10, 2015 07:23:44 pm

who do they think we are ? Noel Edmonds on multi coloured swop shop, one for the kids
      smurftheburn
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 589 posts | 28 
      Reply #2405: Apr 13, 2015 10:27:23 pm
      Anyone know any further info about Sterling inhaling Nitrous Oxide? The Scum have banded about some story, being picked up by Belfast Telegraph (where I saw it) and a load of other news agencies. Haven't seen the video or whatever... Just wondering if it has any truth in it?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2406: Apr 13, 2015 10:28:25 pm
      Fantastic goal. Missed two sitters though. Still nowhere near the finished product.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2407: Apr 13, 2015 10:37:16 pm
      Anyone know any further info about Sterling inhaling Nitrous Oxide? The Scum have banded about some story, being picked up by Belfast Telegraph (where I saw it) and a load of other news agencies. Haven't seen the video or whatever... Just wondering if it has any truth in it?

Brendan is addressed it in his presser.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #2408: Apr 13, 2015 10:39:22 pm
      Brendan is addressed it in his presser.

What did he say mate?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #2409: Apr 13, 2015 10:47:13 pm
      F***ing hell Raheem messing about with laughing gas, where's the story in that?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2410: Apr 13, 2015 10:48:39 pm
      Fantastic goal. Missed two sitters though. Still nowhere near the finished product .

I know, he's f*cking twenty years old now as well. Who would have thunk it?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,318 posts | 6380 
      Reply #2411: Apr 13, 2015 10:54:49 pm

Basically that it's not something a professional sports person should be doing, he would be addressing it with him privately. Also praised his performance.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #2412: Apr 13, 2015 11:10:16 pm
      He took his goal really well but the sitter and other chances were bad misses you would expect to him to be scoring in them positions.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #2413: Apr 13, 2015 11:12:50 pm
      I know, he's f*cking twenty years old now as well. Who would have thunk it?

Yet he is he demanding the salary of a finished product?
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2414: Apr 13, 2015 11:26:22 pm
      Yet he is he demanding the salary of a finished product?

Sigh. No Baz, he's demanding the salary which one of the most touted and sought after players in Europe WILL get, whether or not we choose to pay it to him and whether he wants to play for us is another question. We've offered him the same salary as Luke Shaw gets. In footballing terms we're trying to get the maximum value for money we can (which is fair enough), whereas the player is trying to get assurances about a) whether we are likely to challenge consistently anytime soon and b) whether or not he will be offered a salary which is anywhere near equal to what he would get if he went to another potential top four team (which is fair enough too).

As an aside, I can't help thinking that we are paying a bit oif a price here for getting him to sign a deal which was too low previously (we've done the same with Coutinho). It's all very well driving a hard bargain and patting ourselves on the back as thwe wage bill tumbles, but we shouldn't be surprised when a player begins to blossom if he has a tendency to think "well f*ck you, I'm off". Coutinho is now worth far more than 70K a week, and unless we go to HIM and offer a pre-emptive rise, we shouldn't be surprised if next January he'll want away too.

Quick Reply