Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 373426 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)
      Reply #3220: Jun 17, 2016 11:11:52 am
      Sterling is over rated. This is just my opinion;

Sterling pros;

Fast and can dribble.
      Good deliveries.

Cons;

Useless infront of goal
      No ability to tackle.

People claim he can play anywhere along the front 3 or as a play maker, it is absolute rubbish in my opinion because even as a defensive play maker you need to have a better ability to defend. For number 10 role he needs to be more clinical on goal.
      I don't think he will ever get that much better infront of goal, but he can be a very good winger as long as he passes and does not take the chances himself. Also he seems to get pushed away from the goal at times and end up closer to the corner flag than the goal.
      For England he just kept running into players and I will compare it to Ibe now.

Ibe Pros;

Reasonable at shooting.
      Can run down the wing
      Cuts inside.

Cons:

Often runs into players
      No ability to tackle
      Poor marking

Ibe has an end product so he can play on the wing number 10. For a lower side he would even make a decent centre forward, we have Sturidge, Firmino and Origi ahead of him. Ibe is a more handy utility player in my opinion. Regardless of money, would I would I rather have Sterling or Ibe? I think Ibe. I don't think Ibe is brilliant either, but I have never rated Sterling because I think he has no end product. When you say how many he scored, he missed a lot of sitters to get those goals.

Surely you don't actually think this? I'm starting to make this sound like I'm trying to bash Ibe but I'm not. There is clear daylight between the two of them in terms of talent though. Sterling has no end product yet produces far more than Ibe, a bit awkward for your reasoning. There is also only a year between them both.

End product...

Ibe
      2014/15 - 43 games, 5 goals, 2 assists, 2,536 minutes, 507 mins per goal
      2015/16 - 51 games, 4 goals, 4 assists, 2,801 minutes, 700 mins per goal

Sterling
      2015/16 - 47 games, 11 goals, 10 assists, 2,981 minutes, 271 mins per goal

It's not even close!

Conclusion, they both have a lot of improving to do in certain aspects of their game, one player more than the other.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3221: Jun 17, 2016 12:35:16 pm
      He's on borrowed time at City with Pep there. not sure how he would even fit into a Pep system because he's very selfish. I remember Thierry Henry saying once that Pep hauled him off at half time because he wasn't playing to how he was asked to, yet Barca were winning courtesy of an Henry goal. He's got one season left there IMO and will be sold for a lot less than £50mill. Wouldn't be shocked if he goes out on loan in the winter.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #3222: Jun 17, 2016 01:21:58 pm
      I have doubts that Guardiola would want to coach a player as thick as pig sh*t as him. He's shockingly inept when it comes to the grey matter in between his ears.

I do think he likes intelligent players so bye bye Raheem. It reminds me of the old saying "be careful what you wish for".
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #3223: Jun 17, 2016 01:50:38 pm
      This chap is the next Shaun Wright-Phillips / Mario Ballotelli.

His attitude stinks and his work rate is decreasing by the game all fueled by the crap his agent has spouted to him. Thinks he is better than he is and now he has been given silly money at £180,000 per week why bother trying to improve eh...

Reality is that unless he finds some real form then he could be frozen out at City and moved on. His wages and attitude will take a real knock when that happens.

Should have stayed here and picked up the £80k per week we were invariably going to give him - and this goes to show how F***ing greedy players are - thats 5 years wages a week for the average brit! At least he would be backed by the supporters and he would get a game each week. Klopp could have really done something with him IMO.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #3224: Jun 17, 2016 02:14:37 pm
      Don't think i'll get over the fact they paid £50m for him :D That's all i think when i see him play. £50m for speed and a sh*t haircut.

Anyway, £50m. Fifty million pounds. Fifty F***ing million F***ing pounds.

:lmao: £50m.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3225: Jun 17, 2016 02:24:22 pm
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #3226: Jun 17, 2016 02:45:57 pm
      This chap is the next Shaun Wright-Phillips / Mario Ballotelli.

His attitude stinks and his work rate is decreasing by the game all fueled by the crap his agent has spouted to him. Thinks he is better than he is and now he has been given silly money at £180,000 per week why bother trying to improve eh...

Reality is that unless he finds some real form then he could be frozen out at City and moved on. His wages and attitude will take a real knock when that happens.

Should have stayed here and picked up the £80k per week we were invariably going to give him - and this goes to show how F***ing greedy players are - thats 5 years wages a week for the average brit! At least he would be backed by the supporters and he would get a game each week. Klopp could have really done something with him IMO.

What could Klopp have done with his mercenary agent and the player's interminable up his own arse attitude?
      Nah 50m spondoolies is the best deal thank you very much.

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #3227: Jun 17, 2016 08:43:32 pm
      £50m  is incredible, absolutely incredible. The lad simply cannot do anything but run fast, that's it - can't pass, can't tackle, can't hold the ball and can't shoot.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3228: Jun 30, 2016 11:21:26 am
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3229: Jun 30, 2016 11:36:55 am

"My team winning"

Sad the detachment of fans from players has grown to the point that he can openly post that, be right and nothing will change. He'll still be paid megabucks and be an arrogant little pr**k about it and we'll keep watching. The 'need' for the fans is only in a paper sense to many of these fuckers and that is the repulsive side of the game.

The effort they put in is often felt not deserving enough of such wealth and that connection I think is now a thing long since past. Sad really.

'They're not worth it', I wonder when that really will be the issue that drives people away from the game because there will come a tipping point when the average Joe just thinks enough is enough. Of course none of that will affect young Raheem, money doesn't stop you being a c**t though and he is that of the highest order right there.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #3230: Jun 30, 2016 11:46:00 am
      You can give a half-witted, fucktrumpet, tramp a fur coat but he's still a half-witted, fucktrumpet, tramp. What a cocksplat.  >:D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #3231: Jun 30, 2016 02:22:53 pm
      What a tw*t.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #3232: Jul 17, 2016 11:04:58 pm
      Shamelessly robbed from twitter:

Appears Guardiola is trying out a few new positions for young £aheem

Credit to @justfootball
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #3233: Sep 17, 2016 04:31:13 pm
      Looks like a completely different player under Pep. Hopefully it's just a blip and he comes crashing down to earth.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3234: Sep 17, 2016 04:43:08 pm
      Looks like a completely different player under Pep. Hopefully it's just a blip and he comes crashing down to earth.

He's a confidence player.

But if Pep keeps his confidence up he will be very dangerous for City.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3235: Sep 17, 2016 09:58:12 pm
      The lad got his confidence back, no doubt about it. Amazing what managers can do. You only have to look at your team now and realise Klopp is doing the same thing
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3236: Sep 17, 2016 11:03:29 pm

Even last season his goals + assists were more than 20
      For 21 years of age we need to admit the boy is a superstar. We should have given him his £200k per week without hesitation Klopp would have loved him
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3237: Sep 18, 2016 12:10:15 am

Even last season his goals + assists were more than 20
      For 21 years of age we need to admit the boy is a superstar. We should have given him his £200k per week without hesitation Klopp would have loved him

Behave you have no idea if you think Klopp would endorse the behaviour of a money grabbing little sh*t like Raheem.
      And yeah that performance at the Euros - superstar!

BTW saw his goal today he still can't strike a ball even from 3 yards out.
      Lucky to not had it cleared off the line!

noggin
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,860 posts | 165 
      Reply #3238: Nov 11, 2016 10:17:50 pm
      F***ing useless for England tonight, runs up his own arse then loses the ball.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #3239: Nov 15, 2016 09:27:33 pm
      F***ing useless for England tonight, runs up his own arse then loses the ball.

Same again tonight haha
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #3240: Aug 29, 2017 04:13:43 pm
      Fancy Raheem being traded to Arsenal in a cash and player swop deal for Sanchez

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3191424/manchester-city-to-offer-arsenal-raheem-sterling-plus-cash-for-alexis-sanchez-sources

Irony isn't it. Left us to go win titles. Shows how much he's valued out there
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3241: Aug 29, 2017 10:06:38 pm
      Fancy Raheem being traded to Arsenal in a cash and player swop deal for Sanchez

http://www.espnfc.com/story/3191424/manchester-city-to-offer-arsenal-raheem-sterling-plus-cash-for-alexis-sanchez-sources

Irony isn't it. Left us to go win titles. Shows how much he's valued out there

Absolutely, made me smile seeing that article :)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3242: Aug 29, 2017 10:13:00 pm
      Left us to win titles. Spent a lot of his City career so far on the bench and now he's likely to end up at Arsenal. The grass isn't always greener lad.

Quick Reply