Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)

Read 373415 times
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Re: Raheem Sterling (Liverpool > Man City)
      Reply #3243: Jan 02, 2018 08:21:56 pm
      Seems to have discovered his shooting boots this season..
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3244: Jan 02, 2018 08:30:46 pm
      F**k him, little douchebag
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3245: Jan 02, 2018 08:30:55 pm
      Seems to have discovered his shooting boots this season..

Playing his part, and likely will have a PL winners medal end of season.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3246: Jan 03, 2018 08:42:32 pm
      Always said he had mssive potential, despite the arguments when he was sold calling him one dimensional. He will be the best footballer England has produced from his generation imo.

Still a little gobs***e mind.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #3247: Jan 03, 2018 09:46:00 pm
      Always said he had mssive potential, despite the arguments when he was sold calling him one dimensional. He will be the best footballer England has produced from his generation imo.

Still a little gobs***e mind.

Only taken him about 2/3 years since leaving us.

Won’t take anything away from him, he’s having a boss season so fair play to the lad.
      To say he will be the best England’s produced is pushing it a bit, he’s still well off the level the likes of Gerrard were at when they were that age and he has some way to go to eclipse them.

Not saying it won’t happen, just at this stage it’s 1 season, a season where Delph has also looked solid as anything at LB! Long way to go for Sterling yet.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #3248: Jan 03, 2018 10:00:10 pm
      Only taken him about 2/3 years since leaving us.

Won’t take anything away from him, he’s having a boss season so fair play to the lad.
      To say he will be the best England’s produced is pushing it a bit, he’s still well off the level the likes of Gerrard were at when they were that age and he has some way to go to eclipse them.

Not saying it won’t happen, just at this stage it’s 1 season, a season where Delph has also looked solid as anything at LB! Long way to go for Sterling yet.

Think you misunderstood me mate. Not saying against the likes of Gerrard etc, but in the current crop of England players, only Kane is going to give him a run for his money imo.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #3249: Jan 03, 2018 10:01:32 pm
      Might be just the goals I have seen him score but most have been tap in's a bit like when Suarez used to set him up.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3250: Jan 03, 2018 10:24:27 pm
      Might be just the goals I have seen him score but most have been tap in's a bit like when Suarez used to set him up.
      Don’t recall him scoring a goal from further than 6 yards (although haven’t watched every city game to be fair).

I’m sure City fans won’t be caring too much but look at Salah, for example. A few goals put on a plate but most through his own trickery and strength.

That being said, he is still getting himself in the positions and is scoring a bundle. Fair play.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3251: Jan 03, 2018 10:32:05 pm
      Think you misunderstood me mate. Not saying against the likes of Gerrard etc, but in the current crop of England players, only Kane is going to give him a run for his money imo.

Sorry lid, just read your post again! Long day.

Don’t recall him scoring a goal from further than 6 yards (although haven’t watched every city game to be fair).

I’m sure City fans won’t be caring too much but look at Salah, for example. A few goals put on a plate but most through his own trickery and strength.

That being said, he is still getting himself in the positions and is scoring a bundle. Fair play.

Sterling has scored quite a few tap ins but some good hits too, was it vs Saints he recently bent one into the top corner?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3252: Jan 03, 2018 10:50:49 pm
      Sterling has scored quite a few tap ins but some good hits too, was it vs Saints he recently bent one into the top corner?
      May have done mate, as I said I’ve not watched every game but, from what I have seen, his goals have been put on a plate because of the quality around him. Saying that, he has certainly upped his game this season though I would certainly not swap him for any of our fab 4.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3253: Jan 03, 2018 10:53:28 pm
      Saying that, he has certainly upped his game this season though I would certainly not swap him for any of our fab 4

I'm not saying I would, but, not even Mane? One has been very good this season whilst the other has been well below par more often than not.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #3254: Jan 04, 2018 08:12:54 am
      I'm not saying I would, but, not even Mane?
      A resounding no.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3255: Jul 07, 2018 01:49:51 pm
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3256: Dec 10, 2018 10:31:03 pm
      whats people’s thoughts on what happened to Raheem at the weekend?
      Does the abuse footballers have to put up with (racist or otherwise) need to be checked a tad?
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #3257: Dec 10, 2018 10:38:25 pm
      Does the abuse footballers have to put up with (racist or otherwise) need to be checked a tad?

Bunch of racist cu*ts - horrible.

Still think Sterling is a snake though
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #3258: Dec 10, 2018 10:42:59 pm
      Bunch of racist cu*ts - horrible.

Still think Sterling is a snake though

Suppose what I’m getting at is if that was at Anfield on Sat night, minus the disgusting racist rhetoric pretty sure the abuse would be just as impassioned.
      As Martin Samuel poses, should this be deemed acceptable because race isn’t involved?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6476829/MARTIN-SAMUEL-Raheem-Sterling-Middle-aged-adults-screaming-brutal-abuse-stopped.html

For my money, particularly years after the event I don’t like the attention he gets at Anfield or similarly that Torres took.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #3259: Dec 11, 2018 03:02:36 am
      No idea about what happened to him at the weekend. Performance wise though, this season he is once again delivering. I thought last season might have been a one off for him but he’s found a level of consistency to carry it on.
      It’s a shame Roders wasn’t given the boot a bit sooner, we’d probably still have him and I have no doubts he’d have been having the same impact under Klopp as he is Pep. Think he said he’d have stayed if Klopp came in sooner. Shame.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s an irritating little snake, but you can’t deny he is becoming one hell of a player.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3260: Dec 11, 2018 09:06:37 am
      No idea about what happened to him at the weekend. Performance wise though, this season he is once again delivering. I thought last season might have been a one off for him but he’s found a level of consistency to carry it on.
      It’s a shame Roders wasn’t given the boot a bit sooner, we’d probably still have him and I have no doubts he’d have been having the same impact under Klopp as he is Pep. Think he said he’d have stayed if Klopp came in sooner. Shame.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s an irritating little snake, but you can’t deny he is becoming one hell of a player.

Totally agree with you KK. However, have you noticed he seems to have become one of the most hated players in the premier league now?  He appears to get booed  at most clubs when he plays now. Is it because of his success and that's he's improved??

He wasn't hated like this when he was playing for Liverpool. I too now have a dislike for him. My reason though is he's become a cocky tw*t on the field.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #3261: Dec 11, 2018 09:12:13 am
      Totally agree with you KK. However, have you noticed he seems to have become one of the most hated players in the premier league now?  He appears to get booed  at most clubs when he plays now. Is it because of his success and that's he's improved??

He wasn't hated like this when he was playing for Liverpool. I too now have a dislike for him. My reason though is he's become a cocky tw*t on the field.

I don’t think the documentary helped Raheem, I think a number of people decided Raheem was a c**t for leaving LFC to City, I also believe a PR campaign against him within the club contributed to a certain image of Raheem and its stuck ever since..

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #3262: Dec 11, 2018 09:15:41 am
      I don’t think the documentary helped Raheem, I think a number of people decided Raheem was a c**t for leaving LFC to City, I also believe a PR campaign against him within the club contributed to a certain image of Raheem and its stuck ever since..

Really?? I didn't see it. Might of disliked him more if I'd watched it.  :D
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #3263: Dec 11, 2018 09:18:38 am
      I think you only have to read the last couple of posts to see how people see Sterling and imo it’s enhanced by poor press and a false persona about him

When he was at Liverpool he was superb but he could see that the team was going down the pan after Suarez left so he wanted to leave - I don’t see an issue with that apart from the actions of his agent to manufacture the move.

You only have to speak to a number of people to see that his persona is actual one of a humble quiet person who it appears wants to look after the people around him

The abuse he gets in the press is disgusting - completely unwarranted and false - a couple of things certain Rags have slated him for

Shopping in Primark
      Buying his mum a house
      Getting engaged to his girlfriend
      Buying a car
      Going for breakfast

Just normal every day stuff

Players like Kane and Foden etc get nothing but good press yet Sterling is pelted every single day because of some perception that he is some flash brash cocky kid when the reality is far from it and imo it has undertones of racism

I don’t see him as a snake for wanting to leave - it’s not a crime for a player wanting to leave the club

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3264: Dec 11, 2018 11:32:05 am
      I think you only have to read the last couple of posts to see how people see Sterling and imo it’s enhanced by poor press and a false persona about him

When he was at Liverpool he was superb but he could see that the team was going down the pan after Suarez left so he wanted to leave - I don’t see an issue with that apart from the actions of his agent to manufacture the move.

You only have to speak to a number of people to see that his persona is actual one of a humble quiet person who it appears wants to look after the people around him

The abuse he gets in the press is disgusting - completely unwarranted and false - a couple of things certain Rags have slated him for

Shopping in Primark
      Buying his mum a house
      Getting engaged to his girlfriend
      Buying a car
      Going for breakfast

Just normal every day stuff

Players like Kane and Foden etc get nothing but good press yet Sterling is pelted every single day because of some perception that he is some flash brash cocky kid when the reality is far from it and imo it has undertones of racism

I don’t see him as a snake for wanting to leave - it’s not a crime for a player wanting to leave the club
      I'm sympathetic to what he's been through with media, but he was kinda overrated by us at the time. He's improved at city though. Suarez made every player on the pitch better and Sterling benefitted from that at Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Dec 11, 2018 11:42:14 am by Ribapuru »
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #3265: Dec 11, 2018 12:35:58 pm

I really don't think the abuse he gets is down to his race at all, I'd have to disagree with Carra and Neville on that. It is probably more to do with how the media portrays him and how he left us. Same with Ashley Cole and how he left Arsenal for a rival.

Quick Reply