Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

You know what would be hilarious?

Read 2152 times
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      You know what would be hilarious?
      May 31, 2007 03:17:31 pm
      Is if Hargreaves flopped   :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: You know what would be hilarious?
      Reply #1: May 31, 2007 03:31:19 pm
      Do you know what this isn't sour grapes or anything but from what Ive seen of him he is nowhere near worth £17m, I can only assume because he can play in a variety of positions Taggart thinks he's worth the money.
      I don't normally like discussing the mancs but does anyone else find it weird that a club who by their own admission are in debt to the tune of silly money can find the funds to lash out nearly £50m in two days? this must mean the ginger leprechaun isn't selling up then.
      drawde
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 234 posts | -1 
      • Adward
      Reply #2: May 31, 2007 03:34:28 pm
      Yeah, half the England team were crap in the World Cup ayway, and he probably played the best games of his career. He's decent, only 7-10m decent though.
      Serenity
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      • Red Red Everywhere, and they can't do a thing
      Reply #3: May 31, 2007 03:36:28 pm
      He might actually play...what is hilarious is paying 21 million for a bench warmer...
      « Last Edit: May 31, 2007 03:44:54 pm by Serenity »
      Wellzy
      • Forum John Barnes

• 422 posts |
      • Sports Journalist
      Reply #4: May 31, 2007 03:37:57 pm
      £6m max, im glad we didnt buy him. Xabi and Mascherano are in a different league to him, IMO.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #5: May 31, 2007 03:39:28 pm
      Hargreaves is not worth £17million! Carrick is not worth £18million! Ferdinand is not worth £30million! Rooney is not worth £28million! They pay over the odds for most of their players!
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #6: May 31, 2007 03:55:05 pm
      Hargreaves is not worth £17million! Carrick is not worth £18million! Ferdinand is not worth £30million! Rooney is not worth £28million! They pay over the odds for most of their players!

Spot on mate they just try and kill the transfer market by paying way over the odds to ensure they get the player they want without competition from another club, how much more did they out bid us to jump in when we where close to signing Vidic and Ronaldo? Although MUFC is a massive business and their turnover must be immense I cant help hoping wondering when the bubble bursts and a lot of the big money leaves the game (as in Serie A) what situation will the clubs who have over extended themselves and gone into debt for success be left in?
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #7: May 31, 2007 04:05:40 pm

They may pay over the odds, but they have the quality we lack!  its sad to say, but there arnt that many from our side who would get in the United side, and if you look at it the other way around, lots of theirs would get in ours (quality wise)   we are playing catch up and have been for a number of years so Rafa isn't going to turn it around over night.

He is in my opinion going about it the right way, Macha is a great buy but quality is required just to stand a chance next season, the other teams benches are sometimes better than ours on the pitch!  you can win through endeavor, guts and teamwork, but class will make the difference over the long run, and not winning a Prem title just confirms it. 

DH
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #8: May 31, 2007 04:06:48 pm
      Spot on mate they just try and kill the transfer market by paying way over the odds to ensure they get the player they want without competition from another club, how much more did they out bid us to jump in when we where close to signing Vidic and Ronaldo? Although MUFC is a massive business and their turnover must be immense I cant help hoping wondering when the bubble bursts and a lot of the big money leaves the game (as in Serie A) what situation will the clubs who have over extended themselves and gone into debt for success be left in?

As far as I'm aware we didn't actually bid for Ronaldo, I'm sure it was Phil Thompson's pearl of 'He's not a Liverpool player' that convinced Monsieur Houllier not to bid for him.
      jakkeo
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts |
      Reply #9: May 31, 2007 04:24:54 pm
      Do you know what this isn't sour grapes or anything but from what Ive seen of him he is nowhere near worth £17m, I can only assume because he can play in a variety of positions Taggart thinks he's worth the money.
      I don't normally like discussing the mancs but does anyone else find it weird that a club who by their own admission are in debt to the tune of silly money can find the funds to lash out nearly £50m in two days? this must mean the ginger leprechaun isn't selling up then.

the next leeds? :P
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #10: May 31, 2007 04:27:53 pm
      As far as I'm aware we didn't actually bid for Ronaldo, I'm sure it was Phil Thompson's pearl of 'He's not a Liverpool player' that convinced Monsieur Houllier not to bid for him.

You are correct we didn't bid for him because he was only sixteen at the time and Houllier wanted to gve him time to develop, and he did, he developed straight into a Manc!
      I promise to be more dilligent about my research next time. ;)
      Cy
      Reply #11: May 31, 2007 05:39:51 pm
      Absolutly right there, i think Hargreaves suddenly became THE player because he was the only one who half performed decent during the world cup so obviously he looked the part.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #12: May 31, 2007 05:50:36 pm
      I don't want him to flop...in fact i don't want any of the Asre, Scum or chavs new players to flop... I want them all to play at their best because when we win the Prem next season there won't be any excuses from them about settling in time or injuries just acknowledgement that we are again the dominant force in england.....spend spend Taggert and Maureen......splash the cash Arse.....
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Reply #13: May 31, 2007 08:45:40 pm

Mainly just the English players who get over priced.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #14: May 31, 2007 08:50:32 pm

another chelsea i thnk! look at shaun wright phillips. how much did they pay for him, how well is he doing???
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: May 31, 2007 09:37:22 pm
      Surpised to see on SSN that Chelski are 180m in debt !  When did that happen ?  - was that the takeaway bill for Fat Frank then ??!!   ;) ;D ;D
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #16: Jun 01, 2007 06:28:50 pm
      ^ Great news innit Smiggs :D

Quick Reply