Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

PROTEST: Tonight - 6pm Anfield

Read 23633 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Re: PROTEST: Tonight - 6pm Anfield
      Reply #184: Jun 04, 2010 03:44:57 pm
      I can confirm this. Me and DLS were stood about 10 yards away when the lad turned up with it, wearing a high visibility jacket with 'F**k off Yanks' or something to that effect on the back.

As a matter of fact, I don't think he wanted to burn it but the camera crew seemed pretty keen on capturing that image. :f_tongueincheek:

True that.

The American flags being burned did contain pictures of Hicks an Gillett. The first one had a few words on an all that I couldn't quite make out.

I know at the time both me and CRK had reservations about the burning of the flag, but after sleeping on it I don't really see the big deal. It was quite clearly a symbolic act against the owners rather than the American nation. Plus, I don't really think yanks can complain, not with their track record of doing idiotic things - usually ending up in people dying rather than just a flag burning.

F**k it, it's sparked a reaction on here so it's probably sparked a reaction within our boardroom as well. And that can only be a good thing. Hopefully it's got the two owners and the rest of the slimy cu*ts starting to worry. If burning a flag or two gets them selling quicker, then burn flag burn.

One thing I didn't agree with though was a fella chucking a can of ale over the gates and at the ground. Didn't see any point in that and regardless of ownership, it's still our ground and I don't wanna see it be vandelised in any shape or form.

Quick Reply