Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Europa League Final Tickets?

Read 7861 times
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Europa League Final Tickets?
      Mar 17, 2010 12:50:48 pm
      http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=1453147.html

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Is it for Neutral fans, ie; the prawn sandwitch brigade?

Matt
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Re: Europa League Final Tickets?
      Reply #1: Mar 17, 2010 12:58:12 pm
      A total of 5,100 final tickets are being made available to the international general public(Touts).These tickets are intended for neutral fans wishing to attend the final.

they do the same for the Champions league final, they have to make so many available to the international community, unfortunately to many end up being touted
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #2: Mar 17, 2010 04:06:03 pm
      Cheers mate. So if i wanted to try and go to the final (providing we get there of course!) should i wait until the club release information on them?
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #3: Mar 17, 2010 05:05:25 pm
      It would really depend on your history of attending european games this season.
      Cheers mate. So if I wanted to try and go to the final (providing we get there of course!) should I wait until the club release information on them?
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #4: Mar 17, 2010 08:25:15 pm
      I reckon I'll just wait till the final is on at the Aviva stadium in Dublin next year ;)
      REDMAN
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,314 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 18, 2010 05:26:52 am
      Show some optimism, The champions league final next year is at Wembley, and its about time we got to go there.
      I reckon I'll just wait till the final is on at the Aviva stadium in Dublin next year ;)
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #6: Mar 18, 2010 10:14:54 am
      Show some optimism, The champions league final next year is at Wembley, and its about time we got to go there.

Mate I live in Ireland... what I meant was I'll go to the final over here no matter who's in it ;)

But if we make it into the champs league then I may go to wembley instead ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #7: Mar 19, 2010 05:27:44 pm
      http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=1453147.html

Can anyone shed some light on this please?

Is it for Neutral fans, ie; the prawn sandwitch brigade?

Matt

Deadline for applications was today, but there was also a thirty euro administration fee!!
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #8: Apr 22, 2010 02:27:14 pm
      Im quite annoyed with the clubs ticketing scheme for the final to be perfectly honest. The only way you can apply is if you have had 6 european games on your fancard this season. I have all 4 of the Europa League home games on my fancard now (including the semi-final next week) and it means people like me wont get a look in.

I understand 12,000 tickets are only available, but surely the ticketing scheme should be a bit fairer on this, dont you think?

I agree with people who went to some of the Champions League games alongside the Europa League games being given first dibs, but still a small ammount should be available to those that went to the Europa League games alone, first home and away, then home.

Bit upset to be honest, because IF we get there i would have love to have gone! Kinda had my heart set on it if we were to get there!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #9: Apr 22, 2010 02:47:21 pm
      Im quite annoyed with the clubs ticketing scheme for the final to be perfectly honest. The only way you can apply is if you have had 6 european games on your fancard this season. I have all 4 of the Europa League home games on my fancard now (including the semi-final next week) and it means people like me wont get a look in.

Have you got a link to any details mate
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #10: Apr 22, 2010 03:04:58 pm
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Apr 22, 2010 03:45:02 pm
      DREADING THE PROSPECT OF A CUP FINAL TICKET FIASCO IN HAMBURG

Source - The KOP magazine.

There's a massive irony in SEAT sponsoring all of the Europa League games because the giant advertising boards their logo is emblazoned across are denying a lot of people a seat.
      Anfield's capacity is restricted on European nights so UEFA can charge bigger bucks for bigger ads, and should the Reds get to Hamburg, European football's governing body will once again ensure that those who deserve tickets the most don't get them.

Hamburg's HSH Nordbank Arena, which will be known as the 'Hamburg Arena' for the final because UEFA's corporate sponsorship rules (i.e. if they're not getting anything out of it, it's not allowed) has a capacity of 57,274.
      For the Europa League final, however, the capacity is cut to 51,500 as seats are put on the standing area at the north end of the ground.

Both finalists will get approximately 12,875 of those tickets, 25% of the capacity.
      The German FA were given tickets to sell in December and January, a further 5,100 tickets have already been balloted off to the international football community and the rest, as ever, will go to UEFA's 'football family', or Michel Platini's trough-fillers as they're otherwise known.

Given the fiasco that ensued when the Reds were given 16,779 tickets for the Champions League final in Athens in 2007, you don't need to be a genius to work out that similar problems are going to follow if Atletico Madrid are defeated.
      Rick Parry never did play the numbers game, but it was estimated that 7,000 of the Athens tickets went to Priority Rights Holders (ex shareholders), corporate Season Ticket Holders, sponsors and the players.

Should a similar ticketing plan be implemented for Hamburg, and you have to imagine it would be, we could be looking at less than 6,000 tickets going into a ballot for everyone else, which would only be enough for a quarter of all Season Ticket Holders, let alone anyone who coughed up whatever it cost to be in the All Red membership scheme.

Demand might not be as high as it would be for a Champions League final, but over 30,000 Reds went to Dortmund in 2001 for the UEFA Cup final and Hamburg isn't the hardest place in Europe to get to.
      Getting into the ground will be even harder if Hamburg knock Fulham out to reach their first European final since 1982.
      They too would only get 25% of the tickets for a final in their home stadium, the equivalent of us only being allocated the Kop for a match at Anfield.
      That would make black market tickets far harder to get hold of and, thanks to UEFA's measly allocation, allow the touts to charge even more than normal.  >:(

I'm crossing a bridge before we've even got to it here because no-one should be dismissing Atletico Madrid, but the prospect of Liverpool getting to a European Final only for a repeat of the Athens ticket scandal to dominate the build up fills me with dread.
      "The final in Dortmund in 2001 may be a mild affair compared with the atmosphere we could generate in Hamburg," said Bernd Hoffmann, Hamburg's chairman.
      It won't be if there's less than 13,000 Kopites there and that looks likely to be the case if Liverpool get to Hamburg thanks to UEFA, an organisation that cares far more about SEATs than seats.

If I know Scousers....they'll get tickets somehow  ;)
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #12: Apr 22, 2010 03:48:26 pm
      I might just go over there anyway if we get there.
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #13: Apr 22, 2010 04:06:36 pm
      Sorry Venison only just read your reply mate but yeah the link that paulrobbo gave you is the one I was looking at.

I think the whole SEAT thing and the way tickets are given to other people than passionate fans is a massive disgrace, im very disapointed because I and many other loyal fans dont really stand a chance!
      T-Unit-LFC
      • Forum Ronnie Moran
      • Started Topic

• 403 posts | 11 
      • We Won It 5 Times!
      Reply #14: Apr 22, 2010 04:25:53 pm
      It just annoys the hell out of me really! UEFA know we have a massive, massive fan base that spans from Liverpool to Liberia and back again and still they allocate us a measly 12,000 tickets of which more than half will go to the prawn sandwitch brigade.

Forgive my rant, but gone are the days of getting into games easily, you now have to fight with the sponsors to get a ticket to watch the club you bleed!

It's not on!
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #15: Apr 22, 2010 07:58:21 pm
      Its a shower of sh*t. :f_steam:

As always these days corporate and sponsorship is far more important than the fans.

Think if we do reach the final we will take anywhere between 25-30000 over and as already mentioned... the majority will get in somehow  ;). I hope to travel over myself and see what occurs.

T-unit...totally get your justified rant pal
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #16: Apr 23, 2010 02:34:19 pm

I understand 12,000 tickets are only available, but surely the ticketing scheme should be a bit fairer on this, dont you think?

I agree with people who went to some of the Champions League games alongside the Europa League games being given first dibs, but still a small ammount should be available to those that went to the Europa League games alone, first home and away, then home.

Bit upset to be honest, because IF we get there I would have love to have gone! Kinda had my heart set on it if we were to get there!

exactly. and its something i talk about on this forum alot mate and i get slaughtered left right n centre for it.

I agree with you though, every single bit of your post is how i feel, and its the way the club should sort the tickets out.
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #17: Apr 23, 2010 02:45:44 pm
      Its worse than 12,000 if Athens is anything to go by we might only see 6,000 in the ballet  once the corporate boys etc have theirs, with first dibs going to people with 7 game plus the semi the odds of getting one even with 6 plus the semi will be slim.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #18: Apr 23, 2010 04:50:56 pm
      Havn't replaced me passport so I cant go anyway despite having all 8 european home games on my card. :(
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #19: Apr 23, 2010 04:58:54 pm
      We've only played 6 at home so far plus the semi to come mate, I have put my name down but wont be holding my breath
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #20: Apr 23, 2010 06:42:46 pm
      We've only played 6 at home so far plus the semi to come mate, I have put my name down but wont be holding my breath

Well I was including Atletico...and I thought it was 8 :D Ah well, Ive got 7 then. Still, theyre useless credits now.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #21: Apr 24, 2010 10:43:19 am
      Well I was including Atletico...and I thought it was 8 :D Ah well, Ive got 7 then. Still, theyre useless credits now.

wink, wink
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8551 
      Reply #22: Apr 24, 2010 04:04:07 pm
      It just annoys the hell out of me really! UEFA know we have a massive, massive fan base that spans from Liverpool to Liberia and back again and still they allocate us a measly 12,000 tickets of which more than half will go to the prawn sandwitch brigade.

Forgive my rant, but gone are the days of getting into games easily, you now have to fight with the sponsors to get a ticket to watch the club you bleed!

It's not on!

Plus it won't be a ballot for 12,000 tickets, it'll be a less amount than that once you take out the priority rights holders, directors and players tickets.

Quick Reply