Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The outcome of the home game against Chelsea

Read 24810 times
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 291 posts |
      The outcome of the home game against Chelsea
      Mar 17, 2010 03:56:44 pm
      Ok guys, with the league as close as it is this season especially with the three at the top, this weekend's game at Old Trafford got me thinking a little further ahead to our penultimate game against Chelsea.

If Manchester United are still fighting it out with Chelsea and Arsenal, does anybody think Rafa may rest a few players in order to give Chelsea an advantage!!

It's an interesting scenario when you think that another title for the mancs would take them above our 18 league titles, an agonising thought for most reds fans im sure  :(

If it means that United lose the title would it be a risk worth taking?

It is worth pointing out that we could well need to win in order to secure 4th place so we may in fact need to win this game as it's extremely unlikely the way things are going we'll have it wrapped up by then.

Neverless it's an interesting scenario and certainly one worth talking about!!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Re: Liverpool V Chelsea
      Reply #1: Mar 17, 2010 04:08:05 pm
      Read this carefully, we are Liverpool, personally from my standpoint the ethos of the club does not suggest we should be doing things like bend over backwards for other teams. If Man U wins the league so be it. What we can ensure is that they have a harder time doing it by beating them on Sunday. Records are meant to be broken we can't live on the 18 title for the next decade, we are building a squad that will challenge for seasons to come. That we too might be breaking records and extending some.

Seriously, in my point of view that's utter madness, especially at the fact we are looking to make the Champion's League places. How does that balance out? Lose in order to give Chelsea a leverage, and they still may lose the league anyhow? We should beat Man U and we should beat Chelsea, whether or not that will happen is a different thing. But Rafa reminds the players all the while, its not about looking too far ahead, it's about the next game.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #2: Mar 17, 2010 04:10:04 pm
      If arsenal still have a shot of clinching the title then I'd rather we beat Chelsea and united
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #3: Mar 17, 2010 04:36:00 pm

It is worth pointing out that we could well need to win in order to secure 4th place so we may in fact need to win this game as it's extremely unlikely the way things are going we'll have it wrapped up by then.

There's your answer , mate
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #4: Mar 17, 2010 04:42:35 pm
      Wasnt there an exact same thread to this a few weeks ago or have i imagined that?

Anyway, i want to beat chelsea at Anfield no matter what, I want Liverpool to win every single game no matter what, and i do not and never will want to see Liverpool field either a weak team or see the red men 'take it easy' and let chelsea beat us 5-0 on our own turf and then go on to win the league. F**k THAT.
      miguelred
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts |
      Reply #5: Mar 17, 2010 04:58:11 pm
      I think this says it all.

1994-95 Liverpool v Blackburn Rovers
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #6: Mar 17, 2010 05:24:23 pm
      Rafa will try to win. End of.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Mar 17, 2010 05:31:21 pm
      Read this carefully, we are Liverpool, personally from my standpoint the ethos of the club does not suggest we should be doing things like bend over backwards for other teams. If Man U wins the league so be it. What we can ensure is that they have a harder time doing it by beating them on Sunday.

We can ensure that they have a harder time doing it.
      Our game of the season with a special edge to it for us.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #8: Mar 17, 2010 05:31:58 pm
      Ok guys, with the league as close as it is this season especially with the three at the top, this weekend's game at Old Trafford got me thinking a little further ahead to our penultimate game against Chelsea.

If Manchester United are still fighting it out with Chelsea and Arsenal, does anybody think Rafa may rest a few players in order to give Chelsea an advantage!!

It's an interesting scenario when you think that another title for the mancs would take them above our 18 league titles, an agonising thought for most reds fans im sure  :(

If it means that United lose the title would it be a risk worth taking?

Neverless it's an interesting scenario and certainly one worth talking about!!

I can tell your new to the forum ....You ask the question then answer it ....

And what a stupid bloody question it is!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #9: Mar 17, 2010 06:01:18 pm
      Should only be concentrating on our next game!
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #10: Mar 17, 2010 06:14:24 pm
      What a pointless thread.We are not in a position to assist others as we ourselves are struggling to achieve the minimum targets for this season.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #11: Mar 17, 2010 06:21:00 pm
      Who cares who wins the title, it won't be us. So it shouldn't matter.

We shouldn't be trying to do any team a favour.
      LFC9
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,277 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Mar 17, 2010 06:31:37 pm
      The only way we are going to assist Chelsea is by kicking the F**k out of United sunday and the rest is up to them .......
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #13: Mar 17, 2010 06:34:37 pm
      The only way we are going to assist Chelsea is by kicking the f**k out of United sunday and the rest is up to them .......

Here here ;D

Bookies are giving away money. 9/2 for us to beat em
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Mar 17, 2010 06:37:50 pm
      Come on people, we have games to play before we play Chelsea again so lets focus on them. One game at a time.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Mar 17, 2010 07:12:17 pm
      Should only be concentrating on our next game!

Come on people, we have games to play before we play Chelsea again so lets focus on them. One game at a time.

My thoughts exactly.

Topic locked.
      Shakesy
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts |
      If it were upto you
      Reply #16: Apr 18, 2010 04:41:57 pm
      Would you let Chelsea beat us?

Taking into account that by this time we will probably have nothing to play for. Not exactly the liverpool way but it would hurt deep down for united to win more titles than us.
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: If it were upto you
      Reply #17: Apr 18, 2010 05:28:31 pm
      They had the title in their hands.. and blew it, don't think they deserve it after that.. on the other hand do we want the mancs to win more than us? I'd take a 6-0 hammering to be honest.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #18: Apr 18, 2010 05:33:42 pm
      We won't be in a position to let them beat us, 'if' Villa draw today, they'll be level on points with us and only behind on goal difference, if we slip up we can kiss goodbye to 6th place too.
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #19: Apr 18, 2010 05:37:21 pm
      What kind of silly question is that??!

Of course i would never want Liverpool to lose- we owe them a beating after they beat us earlier in the season.
      As for Utd getting their 19th- Owell, records are there to be broken- many have already this season- It is our own fault we let them catch us up anyway-let alone overtake us, how many european trophies have they got?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #20: Apr 18, 2010 05:39:31 pm
      Personally, I wouldn't they could have done us a massive favour against Tottenham and failed so why should we do them any ?

Let UTD win it, with New Owners hopefully we can come back stronger and go and rule England and Europe once again. :)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #21: Apr 18, 2010 05:40:20 pm
      I wont be too upset if we lose to be honest. I'd prefer us to beat Athletico on Thursday.

Never like to se us lose but if we can help stop the Scum winning the title, and since 4th place is pretty much gone now, i'll make an exception.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: The outcome of the home game against Chelsea
      Reply #22: Apr 18, 2010 07:15:19 pm
      Beat them three nil. Choking is their problem. We need all the points we can get

Quick Reply