Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The outcome of the home game against Chelsea

Read 24801 times
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Re: The outcome of the home game against Chelsea
      Reply #23: Apr 18, 2010 07:24:50 pm
      I would worry about Chelsea when it comes around, we have to beat West Ham first.
      I would prefer us to beat Athletico than the Chav's to be perfectly honest
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #24: Apr 18, 2010 07:28:45 pm
      I would worry about Chelsea when it comes around, we have to beat West Ham first.
      I would prefer us to beat Athletico than the Chav's to be perfectly honest

I agree with you mate.

It seems some people want to talk about the significance our game against Chelsea could have on the league though.

Asking if any red would want to get beat is absolutely ridiculous though. Think Shakesy needs a shake to wake himself up!  ;)
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #25: Apr 18, 2010 07:35:50 pm
      I for one hope Chelsea hammer us.  Sad isn't it? Our only league success can come by losing to Chelsea.

We have NOTHING to hope for in the league because our crap management (Rafa) and if by losing to Chelsea, Man U miss out on the league, then that's the best outcome possible!!

Plus... we totally deserve it.

Here's hoping for some huge changes over the summer.

Our only hope this season is UEFA... and hoping to qualify for it again next year.  At this rate, even that is at risk!!!!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #26: Apr 18, 2010 07:37:38 pm
      I want us to win every game regardless of the outcome of other teams, if MU win another title because we beat Chelsea so be it, we will overtake them once these owners have been removed, I really believe this and if Moores hadn't sold them the club I think we would have been title winners years ago, I still remember when Rafa started to build in 05, by 07 we were back to another final in the CL and only lost it through a fluke goal. Then these people bought the club and Rafa's building work as stood still ever since.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #27: Apr 18, 2010 07:43:26 pm
      It's certainly not the Liverpool way to be so petty as to throw a game so someone else would win the title. That's such a defeatist mentality.

I don't give a F**k who wins the title, I want us to win all of our games.
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #28: Apr 18, 2010 07:45:57 pm
      We won't throw the game.  We'll lose because we're crap.

Heck, at this rate we might even lose to West Ham tommorrow.  You can guarantee their players will have more passion than ours.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #29: Apr 18, 2010 07:49:02 pm
      Heck, at this rate we might even lose to West Ham tommorrow.  You can guarantee their players will have more passion than ours.

That's the spirit!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #30: Apr 18, 2010 07:53:40 pm
      We won't throw the game.  We'll lose because we're crap.

Heck, at this rate we might even lose to West Ham tommorrow.  You can guarantee their players will have more passion than ours.
      think you need some prozac mate!! This season must have really dashed your dreams. Have a little faith in your team.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #31: Apr 18, 2010 08:09:52 pm
      I for one hope Chelsea hammer us.  Sad isn't it? Our only league success can come by losing to Chelsea.

I cannot believe a Liverpool 'fan' has posted this.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,646 posts | 6942 
      Reply #32: Apr 18, 2010 08:14:14 pm
      I'll comment after the next set of Premier League games are behind us.

I don't think we're getting 4th, but it would be useful if we at least finished 6th.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,254 posts | 2820 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #33: Apr 18, 2010 08:29:19 pm
      If Liverpool beating Chelsea means utd win the league so be it. I never have and never want to see Liverpool lose a game to f**k up someone else.

I remember 95 everyone was saying oh Liverpool will lose to Blackburn for Kenny Dalglish and cos we hate utd. Did we f**k 2 nil and the mancs fooked up. I hate Chelsea and would give them nothing easy in fact Id be as every bit fired up to beat them on that day as any other

But Ill say 1 thing id have our lads reminded of it every time they felt like slipping next season. A simple little " get your arses in gear you owe our fans big time for handing utd the league last year"

Liverpool results is all that ever counts utd failing would be a bonus!
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #34: Apr 18, 2010 08:31:44 pm
      to be honest Utd not winning the league is more important to me than beating Chelsea
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #35: Apr 18, 2010 08:32:26 pm
      It completely unethical and a club can get in serious trouble by doing it, but I would drop all my big players and play a reserve team.

I do believe however that Rafa has a lot more integrity than me and he'll be playing for the win and nothing else will enter his mind. Thats just how he rolls...  8)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #36: Apr 18, 2010 08:36:13 pm
      Win.

I'm not rolling over and kissing Chelsea ass just to try and get one over on the Mancs.

I thought they were meant to be the ones obsessed with us, not the other way around?

F**k 'em if they win the league, they're still a bunch of shitehawks the lot of them.

Liverpool first, always. No question for me.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #37: Apr 18, 2010 08:45:46 pm
      What Ayrton said!

I know if we end up losing that game, and that ultimately is what knocks manure off the title, then I'll be happy about that - but only if Chelsea BEAT us, not us rolling over. I'll be cheering with every bit of passion I have when we play them, and I hope we tw*t them. The biggest thing about if we do beat them and manure claim the title, it'll be a sign to them that we do not care for them nearly as much as they are obsessed about us.

And, if they get number 19 first, F**k it - we'll get to number 20 first ;)
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #38: Apr 18, 2010 09:07:09 pm
      What does it matter, after the owners are gone, we will win 20 more titles and Man U will have to take another 20 years to catch up.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #39: Apr 18, 2010 09:13:33 pm
      What does it matter, after the owners are gone, we will win 20 more titles and Man U will have to take another 20 years to catch up.

That's the spirit mate!! ;D
      karljd
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 45 posts |
      Reply #40: Apr 18, 2010 09:13:46 pm
      I for one hope Chelsea hammer us.  Sad isn't it? Our only league success can come by losing to Chelsea.

We have NOTHING to hope for in the league because our crap management (Rafa) and if by losing to Chelsea, Man U miss out on the league, then that's the best outcome possible!! And you call yourself a red,shame on you!

Plus... we totally deserve it.

Here's hoping for some huge changes over the summer.

Our only hope this season is UEFA... and hoping to qualify for it again next year.  At this rate, even that is at risk!!!!
      And you call yourself a red,shame on you!
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #41: Apr 18, 2010 10:08:12 pm
      And you call yourself a red,shame on you!

why so? Because I don't want Man U to win another title? shame on me!
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #42: Apr 18, 2010 10:10:27 pm
      why so? Because I don't want Man U to win another title? shame on me!

Because you would let your team lose to not allow that! Come on, no true red EVER allows an 'acceptable loss' like that. Work it out for yourself, smart guy.
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #43: Apr 18, 2010 10:12:14 pm
      Because you would let your team lose to not allow that! Come on, no true red EVER allows an 'acceptable loss' like that. Work it out for yourself, smart guy.

Exactly saying I hope they beat us 3-0 pretty much overkill. I can understand not wanting the Mancs to get 19, but seriously..."I hope they kill us 3-0."
      djdan
      • Banned

• 189 posts | -30 
      Reply #44: Apr 18, 2010 10:20:18 pm
      Not letting my team lose am I? Rafa does that for us all.

But, it would be a good consolation to an awful season.  I want Man U to slip up more than I care about Liverpool's utter rubbish form.  What is 3 points to us with a season like this one?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #45: Apr 18, 2010 10:21:58 pm
      Not letting my team lose am I? Rafa does that for us all.

But, it would be a good consolation to an awful season.  I want Man U to slip up more than I care about Liverpool's utter rubbish form.  What is 3 points to us with a season like this one?

Oh your having a F***ing laugh now. For fucks sake, you should just go and throw a manc shirt on. Only mancs care about their rivals more than their own team. If you don't want a Liverpool win no matter what the situation, then you are no red and should kindly bugger off now before you piss us all off.

Quick Reply