Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

The outcome of the home game against Chelsea

Read 24803 times
      timmj60
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -14 
      Re: The outcome of the home game against Chelsea
      Reply #322: Apr 30, 2010 11:25:56 pm
      Jeez
      Are you that young that you dont understand our club.I will never accept a liverpool fan thinking i would let the rent boys win even if it would mean the Man ushited win ffs.Times have changed.
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #323: May 01, 2010 12:55:20 am
      Obviously want Liverpool to win, even though I can't stand the thought of us doing the mancs a favour.
      PJMAN
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 852 posts |
      • we ride
      Reply #324: May 01, 2010 09:58:16 am
      No kyle - you asked how I can call myself a Liverpool fan. Well I've been doing just that for 39 years now. In those 39 years I have cried tears of joy, tears of sadness and I have, literally, fought and bled for my team. I call myself a Liverpool fan every day. I call myself a Liverpool fan with pride. I will take NO f**king lessons from anyone about what a fan is.

In an ideal world, where I could control our destiny we would win and the scum would lose but I'm guessing this thread is really only discussing the one scenario - lose and the scum don't "knock us of the perch"; win and the scum do.

Anyway I'm not going to fall out with you over this kyle. F**k Man U - end of.

totally agree with badboy. I could not stand the scum taking a 19th. title therefore would rather hand the up and comings their fourth title and start again next season. I could have a relaxing summer knowing that Taggart would be considering his future, whether he would get the funding he needs to improve the scum or leave on a high. And all those dirt bags crying in their southern Ruddles and wiping snot off their chins with the Norwich scarf. Priceless.
      Over to you Steven.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #325: May 01, 2010 12:07:22 pm

totally agree with badboy. I could not stand the scum taking a 19th. title therefore would rather hand the up and comings their fourth title and start again next season. I could have a relaxing summer knowing that Taggart would be considering his future, whether he would get the funding he needs to improve the scum or leave on a high. And all those dirt bags crying in their southern Ruddles and wiping snot off their chins with the Norwich scarf. Priceless.
      Over to you Steven.

Brilliant PJ..........

I'd much rather lose one game - sorry, one MORE F***ing game, than lose the title "most league Championships" to the scum.......

When he first took over at United the fiery Scot eloquently stated that his primary target was to “knock Liverpool off their F***ing perch, and you can quote me on that.”

http://www.sport.co.uk/features/Football/456/Should_Sir_Alex_Ferguson_retire_if_he_wins_the_Champions_League.aspx
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,449 posts | 4584 
      Reply #326: May 01, 2010 12:15:39 pm
      For players like rat boy,evra,shrek to ask for favours is a piss take out of the club they hate most,just for one second think what will happen if the scum take the 19th we aint gonna hear the end of it period.
      Scum go F**k yourselves.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #327: May 01, 2010 12:16:45 pm
      At the end of the day whatever we think, we're not going to put out eleven youngsters and then blaze easy chances and penalties over the bar. The eleven that go out will be the best eleven we can send out and they will F***ing fight to win. Now as JD said, if we play like we did in the latter stages of Thursday, then we're gonna get beat. And if we get beat in that situation it wasn't a case of "rolling over for Chelsea". They would have simply been the better side.

However, we can put in a shift like the first half for the whole match and end up winning. We could go out there and say Liverpool pride comes before anything else, we could show to everyone that this season was a hiccup and we'll be back with a F***ing bang next season.

We ain't rolling over tomorrow, if Chelsea want to win (and get a step closer to the title) they are simply going to have to play better than us and stick the ball in the net more times than us.
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 291 posts |
      Reply #328: May 01, 2010 01:31:07 pm
      I agree with both sides on here.

On one hand we have been stuck on 18 league titles for the past 20 years.  It was inevitable that we were going to reach this day eventually.  We have to accept that over the course of the past two decades we simply havent been good enough and the Scum down the road have taken full advantage of that. If United were to win their 19th league title it should spur us on to win the league next season! If it doesn't then nothing ever will!!

On the other hand I hate United with a passion.  More than I hate anything else in the world.  I was all for a Liverpool win until I heard Shrek and Slur Alex talking our history up as well as our pride now we have their destiny in our hands.  He disrespects officials and players every week and most importantly he disrespects Rafa along with Sam Allardyce and then when it comes to him needing us to do him and his team a favour he suddenly starts talking us up.

Its made me so angry all these years watching them get all these penalties that should never have been, and all these penalties that should have been given against them that never were and all this ridiculous amounts of added time that have helped them win their trophies.  They've cheated to win so many points and trophies that nothing would give me greater satisfaction than to see how they like it when the tables are turned.

If Tottenham beat Bolton today and there is a winner in the City-Villa game our chances of 4th will be all but over.

I know people wont like this on here and I expect some criticism but i for one will be quietly hoping for a Chelsea win tomorrow.

And yes I do consider myself a True fan :)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #329: May 01, 2010 01:34:53 pm

I know people wont like this on here and I expect some criticism but I for one will be quietly hoping for a Chelsea win tomorrow.

And yes I do consider myself a True fan :)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: True fan? your taking the p!ss out of the real true fans with a statement like that  :-\
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 291 posts |
      Reply #330: May 01, 2010 01:37:35 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: True fan? your taking the p!ss out of the real true fans with a statement like that  :-\

I dont have to justify myself to you ir anybody else on here.  I go to EVERY league game and cheer my team on.

And You??? You're a United fan on a Liverpool forum  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #331: May 01, 2010 01:39:25 pm

Seriously, do us a favour!

I know plenty of true fans who have been going the game for F***ing years who really don't want to see MU win the league and due to the season we have had, are more than happy to see us lose another league game.

You would have hated the lads who were wearing Blackburn shirts on the Kop in 95!!
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #332: May 01, 2010 01:42:44 pm
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: True fan? your taking the p!ss out of the real true fans with a statement like that  :-\

I'm getting well pissed of that a Manc has the audacity to call any Red on being a true fan. Please stop it keith. It's really not your place.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #333: May 01, 2010 01:50:28 pm
      I'm getting well pissed of that a Manc has the audacity to call any Red on being a true fan. Please stop it keith. It's really not your place.

I would say the same if a united fan said it.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #334: May 01, 2010 01:59:49 pm
      I would say the same if a united fan said it.

.....but you would "defend to the death" my "right to say it."

Pouring scorn and ridicule on someone doesn't quite tie up with that sentiment.

Now, please, F**k off.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #335: May 01, 2010 02:00:19 pm
      So what happens if we get no investment next year? Are people going to keep hoping we roll over for every club against the mancs in the title race. Think I ll stay away from the forum for the next few days because the shortsightedness on here is bordering on crazy. Oh and heres hoping for a Darren Bent brace
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,383 posts | 2823 
      Reply #336: May 01, 2010 02:03:43 pm
      If you want to beat Chelsea on Sunday, you are not a Liverpool fan

Tony Evans

Only one thing can save the season for Liverpool fans: defeat by Chelsea tomorrow. Any other result would open up the possibility of a summer of pain.

That statement will provoke the inevitable question: how can you say you are a Liverpool fan and want the team to lose? The opposite is true. No real Kopite could want to beat Chelsea. Victory for the home side at Anfield would probably deliver the title to Manchester United. It is hard to see Sunderland getting a result if Chelsea fall flat.

The antagonism between Liverpool and United is well documented and handing the trophy to Old Trafford is bad enough. But there are bigger forces at work. Sir Alex Ferguson, piling on the pressure in typical style, said: “Great clubs don’t throw their history and traditions away for one game.”

He is right. For once, his logic is spot-on. If Liverpool lose, only three points are at stake. A defeat will soon be forgotten at Anfield. If, however, the result goes the other way, it will probably hand United two unprecedented achievements. It will be Old Trafford’s nineteenth title and the fourth league win in a row. Liverpool, left on 18 titles and one of four clubs to have won three in a row, would fall behind their rivals on two fronts.

For United it would be an historic moment, one to savour. Liverpool’s claim to be English football’s enduring force would be, for want of a better phrase, history. Until United edge ahead, it is still the history, especially when the five European Cups are taken into account.

Which brings us to Europe. The club certainly need the Champions League income. However, the proposition would be more attractive if Liverpool’s ownership and boardroom were not so destructively erratic. If Uefa’s cash props up George Gillett Jr, Tom Hicks and the rancid regime at Anfield then Europe can keep it. Defeat could force Martin Broughton, the new chairman charged with selling the club, to ask a more realistic price than the £500 million that potential buyers are being quoted.

Some will ask what of the rivalry with Chelsea? What rivalry? Fans of the West London club are desperate to hate Liverpool, but it does not work in reverse. Chelsea are inconsequential — think Nottingham Forest in the late 1970s. The antipathy is all one way.

It is not the same with United. The East Lancs Road rivalry is deep-seated and venomous. It comprises the sort of mutual loathing that gives the elation of victory an extra edge and the despair of defeat a greater depth. Agony for United fans tomorrow would be a delicious little sweetener after a bitter season.

By contrast, losing at Anfield would cause Liverpool little consternation. The best thing that could happen is a Chelsea victory.

If you do not understand this, you do not understand the history and traditions of the club and the city.

If you want to beat Chelsea tomorrow, you are not a Liverpool supporter.

Times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #337: May 01, 2010 02:09:37 pm
      So what happens if we get no investment next year? Are people going to keep hoping we roll over for every club against the mancs in the title race. Think I ll stay away from the forum for the next few days because the shortsightedness on here is bordering on crazy. Oh and heres hoping for a Darren Bent brace

Ditto +
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 291 posts |
      Reply #338: May 01, 2010 02:11:17 pm
      Keith Singleton you are total idiot!!

What the f**k is a supposed United fan doing on a Liverpool forum??????

You would never find me on a united forum, you're a joke
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #339: May 01, 2010 02:11:31 pm

My posts are in answer to a totally hypothetical question racer (as, i would guess, are most of the "negative" replies on here) This may help your understanding:
      In an ideal world, where i could control our destiny we would win and the scum would lose but i'm guessing this thread is really only discussing the one scenario - lose and the scum don't "knock us of the perch"; win and the scum do.

I understand your point of view and stance. I may disagree but i do understand so you, like all my fellow Reds, can rest assured i won't be "calling" you on your opinion.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,991 posts | 2710 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #340: May 01, 2010 02:12:13 pm
      Keith Singleton you are total idiot!!

What the f**k is a supposed United fan doing on a Liverpool forum??????

You would never find me on a united forum, you're a joke

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. Attributed to Voltaire
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #341: May 01, 2010 02:13:47 pm
      I just got negged for telling asking (politely) a Manc who's ridiculing my fellow Reds to F**k off!  :lmao:

In the name of sweet F**k.
      dryder1
      • Forum Didi Hamann
      • Started Topic

• 291 posts |
      Reply #342: May 01, 2010 02:18:42 pm
      I just got negged for telling asking (politely) a Manc who's ridiculing my fellow Reds to F**k off!  :lmao:

In the name of sweet f**k.

With people like that idiot ^ on here I am really not surprised.  Makes a mockery of this forum!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #343: May 01, 2010 02:24:54 pm
      James Lawton: Throw a match just to spite United? Nothing is further from the spirit of Shankly
      Saturday, 1 May 2010

Having endured such a brutal season, Liverpool fans are probably entitled to a little dispensation for psychological trauma. Even so, this hardly dilutes the dispiriting meaning of a debate that has been growing for some time on Merseyside.

It is one that makes a mockery of a well-earned reputation for humour of a high quality, generosity and a wry collective understanding of how football works.

You could call it a controversy or a difference of opinion but for anyone who remembers what Anfield, and especially the Kop, used to represent, betrayal is a word that comes more sharply to mind.

How else to react to the view of a dismayingly large section of the Liverpool support that it would be better if their side folded against Chelsea tomorrow rather than give aid and comfort to the title hopes of Manchester United?

This, it is being argued on a daily basis on the city's radio phone-ins and in the pages of local newspapers, would deny United the chance to move beyond Liverpool and claim a 19th and record English title.

It would, we are told, make the summer a little more bearable. A season of gut-wrenching under-achievement after the high hopes of last spring could be wiped away, free of the awful fact that it was the one in which United finally climbed to the mountain top of English football.

Apparently even the faint possibility of Liverpool lurching into the fourth Champions League place, and rescuing mere failure from the jaws of catastrophe, is insufficient reason to assist United. You might want to imagine this is just a bout of Scouse gallows humour but the sheer volume of its expression is suggesting otherwise.

Indeed, it is saying that in the matter of the mutual hatred that exists between large numbers of Liverpool and United fans we may have finally arrived at a sporting Doomsday.

No, of course this doesn't exactly come out of a clear blue sky. In 1995 some Liverpool fans came to blows over the question of whether their team should gently subside before the Blackburn contenders of their old hero Kenny Dalglish and thus deny United, who needed three points at West Ham to land the title. That day the solution might have been authored by Solomon. Liverpool beat Blackburn but United could only draw at Upton Park.

More recently, of course, the degeneration of spirit has been progressively sinister. When United's Alan Smith broke his leg at Anfield there was much mirth from some of the home fans – and obstruction to the ambulance rushing him to hospital. The reward for reporting this – and a disgusting scene when some fans standing at the memorial to the fallen of Hillsborough turned to United fans filing past with police escort and started yelling, "Munich, Munich" – was to be lectured by one academic on the healthy dynamics of working-class life.

It is tragic when you think of the raw charm that used to rule the Anfield terraces. The young Bobby Charlton, already an Old Trafford star, used to drive there for night matches from his home in Cheshire and, if he always knew he was in for a night of considerable mockery, it was no hardship beside the thrill of being in so vibrant a place. It was also one that was quick to acknowledge the merit of all opposition. The late Leeds United manager, Don Revie, carried to his dying day the memory of how Anfield saluted his brilliant but much reviled team's first title win.

You can't remake such days and such a philosophy but many certainly heard an echo when, as a doomed Liverpool prepared to enter extra time in their Europa Cup semi-final on Thursday night, it was announced that Fulham had already made it through to the final. When the cheers thundered around the ground, one veteran Anfield denizen turned to his companion and said, "That's just like the old days, isn't it?"

An echo of what, though? Perhaps it was of a time when it was easier to admire than to hate, when giving credit to any opponent, not just one who had passed your hate test, was as natural as sipping your Bovril. When the need to win was important but it didn't have to eat up your soul.

Yes, of course, it has been a disenchanting season for Liverpool, not one to provoke an overwhelming sense of well-being and confidence. If Rafa Benitez does go to Juventus he will leave a team nowhere near the land of promise that his early work, and phenomenal Champions League coup, suggested was so accessible. But of course it will simply redouble his insistence that Liverpool fight it out with the champions-elect. Who could want for less?

None of this is to mention the memory of Bill Shankly. We know how he would have reacted to his team throwing a game merely to spite Manchester United. "Jesus Christ, it's an abomination," he would have said. Be sure, too, it would have been by way of the merest opening gambit.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/james-lawton-throw-a-match-just-to-spite-united-nothing-is-further-from-the-spirit-of-shankly-1959489.html

Ha ha ha - being lectured by a manc-loving, Fergie arse-kissing pr**k like James Lawton is F***ing priceless and I love the way he continues to fuel the myth that the ambulance that Alan Smith was in was obstructed, it wasn't no matter what the manc apologists tell us.

Another F***ing reason why in my heart of hearts, I want Chelsea to win tomorrow, so I can see the faces of these F***ing parasites that love to crawl up Fergie's arsehole, the crying and whinging they will be coming out with. I love the little digs about "Munich" chants while completely forgetting the classless sh*te those psuedo Norwich cu*ts come out with.

In fact I hope we put on such a poor performance, that it leaves some of the Fergie-loving press complaining of a "stitch-up" and I will laugh my F***ing arse off.

F**k them all.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #344: May 01, 2010 02:34:45 pm
      Ha ha ha - being lectured by a manc-loving, Fergie arse-kissing pr**k like James Lawton is F***ing priceless and I love the way he continues to fuel the myth that the ambulance that Alan Smith was in was obstructed, it wasn't no matter what the manc apologists tell us.

Another F***ing reason why in my heart of hearts, I want Chelsea to win tomorrow, so I can see the faces of these F***ing parasites that love to crawl up Fergie's arsehole, the crying and whinging they will be coming out with. I love the little digs about "Munich" chants while completely forgetting the classless sh*te those psuedo Norwich cu*ts come out with.

In fact I hope we put on such a poor performance, that it leaves some of the Fergie-loving press complaining of a "stitch-up" and I will laugh my F***ing arse off.

F**k them all.

I second that emotion... any Red willing to take a lecture from a F***ing Manc, any F***ing Manc, must be mental.  >:D

Quick Reply