Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match?

Javier Mascherano
      (4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (34.3%)
      Fernando Torres
      (50.5%)
      Ryan Babel
      (2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1%)

Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie

Read 19278 times
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Re: Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #138: Mar 19, 2010 03:23:36 am
      And I can call you a c.unt if you like.

Feel free soft lad.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #139: Mar 19, 2010 03:37:47 am

Yep, I've been dragged down to their level now, and any chance of sensible discussion went out the window long ago.

Soft olley.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #140: Mar 19, 2010 03:39:02 am
      Got up this morning at 7am to  watch the game.  Had a funeral to attend at 1015am so it really cheered me up before the sad event.

I thought it was definately an improvement on the pre Portsmouth form and I attribute that to having babel and Torres involved in our attacks, making us look more menacing.  Although I would prefer to see Aquilani in there being creative, with Gerrard doing a bit more defending, I have to admit that Lucas played an almost flawless match today.

There were some nervy moments, but not many, the save by Reina was brilliant, and the reality of what that goal would have done to us is probably what has made some people feel we were not so comfortable. Some of the corners and set pieces naturally gave you nervy moments, but mostly we defended well without too many problems.

Torres was back to his best, with a calmness about his finishing that is a sure sign of his class. Agger looks like he can be a danger for us on the set pieces, and I think with more confidence he will start scoring from these situations.
      Lucas, once again was excellent, and the rest who I havent mentioned did a steady job.

This cup is really important, because whether we secure 4th or not, winning this trophy would mean the season hasn't been a complete disaster.  Lets face it, there is nothing that boosts confidence more, going into the next season than a piece of silverware.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #141: Mar 19, 2010 03:47:24 am
      Good performance lads. Very good result.
      Thought the first half an hour we were very good. Looked lively and created chances. Kinda sat back after that till the half time.
      How long has it been since we won two consecutive matches with such convincing scorelines. :D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #142: Mar 19, 2010 03:49:34 am
      Yep, I've been dragged down to their level now, and any chance of sensible discussion went out the window long ago.

Soft olley.

For someone in Australia, you don't talk like one.

What version of HotSpot do you have?
      sqirg
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 160 posts |
      Reply #143: Mar 19, 2010 03:54:12 am
      Rafa Rafael, Rafa Rafael,Rafa Rafael Rafael Benitez!

Great showing today lads! What I liked most was that we got the ball down and played it. Lucas marching forward gave us that extra edge in attack. Even Kuyt looked like he's learnt how to cross!
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #144: Mar 19, 2010 03:59:07 am
      For someone in Australia, you don't talk like one.

What version of HotSpot do you have?

What do you mean?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #145: Mar 19, 2010 04:07:45 am
      I gave you advice the other day to ignore people if you find their posts negative, obviously you did not take this on board. Instead you get highly strung and start jumping up and down like a kid who has spat the dummy!

Funny, i told you at one stage to stop making negative comments about my posts that do nothing but incense me and others. Funny that ;)

And i don't spit the dummy. Mummy would put me in time out if i do that.

He's just jumping up and down because HE GETS THE BALL AND SCORES AGAIN FERNANDO TORRES LIVERPOOLS NUMBER NINE!

BOUNCE!

NA NAA NA NAA...

Noone cares about whether or not you're convinced. The Kop is convinced. Thats all that matters.

Is bloody right! :D NA NA NA NA NA NAA NA NA FERNANDO TORRES LIVERPOOL'S NUMBER NINE!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #146: Mar 19, 2010 04:09:25 am

Aren't you in Australia?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #147: Mar 19, 2010 04:12:05 am
      Because he spouts abuse at anyone who dare critiques the manager. It's f.ucking childish, how can you enter quality discussion if everybody is jumping up and down saying 'We're fanatastic when we win, when we loose its H&G's fault' blah blah blah. What good comes of it if everybody thinks all is peachy. If he (and his ilk) could answer 'negative' posters opinions with mature discussion then this place would be better for it. Instead he cries like a little girl and goes and gets all personal and irrate with anyone who dares question Rafa or the lads.

First off, you are taking this way off topic. Secondly, I don't spout abuse at whoever critiques the manager. I critique him, and plenty of the lads and ladies here who I consider mates critique him too.

Don't make me look like the bad guy here, and id also suggest just leaving it and PM'ing me if you have any more issues.

Comprende?

Back on topic.

SHOUT! ;D

Na he aint mate, thats why he was giving me sh*t at one stage for being a glory hunter. According to him, true fans can't come from anywhere but there, or something.
      Cellieh
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 121 posts |
      Reply #148: Mar 19, 2010 04:13:59 am
      WE'RE GOING TO GERMANY, GERMANY, GERMANY, WE'RE OUT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE BUT WE'RE GOING TO GERMANY!!

True, true.
      I'm in Germany adeed, but I'm going to Germany, too.

Steven Gerrard is our captain..
      Steven Gerrard is a red...
      Steven Gerrard plays for liverpool ...
      A scouser born and bred... :kop5cf8koxp6:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #149: Mar 19, 2010 04:15:42 am
      Na he aint mate, thats why he was giving me sh*t at one stage for being a glory hunter. According to him, true fans can't come from anywhere but there, or something.

Oh really? Interesting.

A surprise coming for you, "LFC-Red".
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #150: Mar 19, 2010 04:18:25 am

Yeah all those Scousers in Oz should F**k off home as well!!

Went for Nando man of the match, just cos he looked back to what we know and love (hope the nightmares are kicking in already for that big Serb idiot!)
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #151: Mar 19, 2010 04:39:53 am
      Oh really? Interesting.

A surprise coming for you, "LFC-Red".
      Not really
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #152: Mar 19, 2010 04:41:33 am
      First off, you are taking this way off topic. Secondly, I don't spout abuse at whoever critiques the manager. I critique him, and plenty of the lads and ladies here who I consider mates critique him too.

Don't make me look like the bad guy here, and id also suggest just leaving it and PM'ing me if you have any more issues.

Comprende?

Back on topic.

SHOUT! ;D

If I PM'd you, you'd only run along to the mods like a little girl and snitch. Your known for that lar.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #153: Mar 19, 2010 04:47:32 am
      Both your statements are bollox. Mind you BigAFl probably did start supporting LFC when we signed that waste of space Kewell.

No, and again, stop with the insults.

If I PM'd you, you'd only run along to the mods like a little girl and snitch. Your known for that lar.

Only if you give me reason to :roll:

I was offering the PM as a way of mediating, not saying for you to PM with your usual insults.

But F**k it, hope you get banned for good now.

LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #154: Mar 19, 2010 04:55:11 am
      No, and again, stop with the insults.

Only if you give me reason to :roll:

I was offering the PM as a way of mediating, not saying for you to PM with your usual insults.

But f**k it, hope you get banned for good now.

Yeah I'm sure you do, run along a snitch.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #155: Mar 19, 2010 05:06:26 am
      After watching some extended highlights finally, i went for Nando as my MOTM, but was impressed with Lucas from what i saw.

With Nando close to his best it seems, Vidic must be cuddling up to his teddy bear in the fetal position and crying himself to sleep! :D
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #156: Mar 19, 2010 05:11:37 am
      that would be rio cuddling up in the foetal position.
      Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #157: Mar 19, 2010 05:50:15 am
      Well done Lucas , the difference in him when he is off the leash was what we have waited to see for the last few years .
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #158: Mar 19, 2010 08:20:51 am
      I can't even give my opinions on the game, I was in the pub and I was plastered, so can't really remember much. :)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #159: Mar 19, 2010 08:47:12 am
      Chuffed with that great performance last night. The urgency and desire to win from our players was immense. Lucas MOM for me. For someone so consistently lambasted from all sides he doesn't half want to do well for Liverpool. If we had a few more players like him we wouldn't have had the season we've had. Time is up for both Riera and Kuyt for me though - one because of performances and one because of words and performances!!

On to the theatre of sh*te then. Let's stick it to them for the 4th time on the bounce.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #160: Mar 19, 2010 08:47:47 am
      Was it just me or did the now genuine threat for his position from Aquilani make Lucas up his game a level last night. Long passes, surging runs, shots on goal... I could nearly see him thinking...."Well Aquilani would try it" Glad to see Torres is ready for the weekend. Just a matter of whether Maxi and Aquilani come back into the fold. Glad I'm not the manager

Quick Reply