Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match?

Javier Mascherano
      (4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (34.3%)
      Fernando Torres
      (50.5%)
      Ryan Babel
      (2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1%)

Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie

Read 19299 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #161: Mar 19, 2010 08:50:51 am
      Was it just me or did the now genuine threat for his position from Aquilani make Lucas up his game a level last night. Long passes, surging runs, shots on goal... I could nearly see him thinking...."Well Aquilani would try it"

Wrong thread to discuss this in length, but i think Rafa finally gave him freedom to get forward.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #162: Mar 19, 2010 08:56:27 am
      Wrong thread to discuss this in length, but I think Rafa finally gave him freedom to get forward.

I think its been a case of Mascherano prowling the centre line while everyone else has free movement. Glad to see it
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #163: Mar 19, 2010 09:17:39 am
      great week walked away from 2 games with a smile ......seems like we gathering pace at the right time

In Rafa I Trust YNWA
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #164: Mar 19, 2010 09:41:50 am
      Fantastic result but i would say the performance wasn't great in all honesty.

First 25-30 minutes i thought Liverpool played some pretty sound stuff. You could see the difference in class between ourseleves and Lille and maybe the difference in football between england and france. I presumed we would go on and win 3 or 4 nil, which ofcourse we did, but it wasn't as easy as the score line suggests.

The last 10 minutes of the first half Lille had a real go. They earnt a few corners and a couple of dangerous free kicks and they were on top at that time. I haven't seen the replay of their lad running through our whole team and shooting straight at reina but i couldn't believe he had missed at the time. Maybe pepe made a great save? But from where i was sat Reina knew very little about it and this lad just made a mess of his finish and shot straight at our keeper. Should have scored though.

The second half i thought we were poor. We couldnt string two passes together and it was frustrating to watch at times. I thought both sides were sh*t scared of losing a goal, which i suppose you would expect, but out the two i would say Lille coped better and to me looked like the slightly better side if im honest. We didn't look like we could break them down and i always had a horrible feeling in my stomach that they were going to score.

The difference was, Fernando Torres. Lucky for us we have the best striker in the world in our side who takes the chances he gets. His first goal was superb and his second was pretty good too.

Score line is great (and ive actually won £500 on it, gerrard first scorer and liverpool to win 3-0, 50-1, placed a tenner, GET IN THERE!) but the performance wasn't fantastic, very average i thought. The midfield still looks weak to me. If we are going to win this competition then i think we need to step it up a few gears, no disrespect to Lille, but we may not have got away with a 3-0 win if we had performed like that against somebody such as Valencia.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #165: Mar 19, 2010 09:44:43 am
      Fantastic result but I would say the performance wasn't great in all honesty.

First 25-30 minutes I thought Liverpool played some pretty sound stuff. You could see the difference in class between ourseleves and Lille and maybe the difference in football between england and france. I presumed we would go on and win 3 or 4 nil, which ofcourse we did, but it wasn't as easy as the score line suggests.

The last 10 minutes of the first half Lille had a real go. They earnt a few corners and a couple of dangerous free kicks and they were on top at that time. I haven't seen the replay of their lad running through our whole team and shooting straight at reina but I couldn't believe he had missed at the time. Maybe pepe made a great save? But from where I was sat Reina knew very little about it and this lad just made a mess of his finish and shot straight at our keeper. Should have scored though.

The second half I thought we were poor. We couldnt string two passes together and it was frustrating to watch at times. I thought both sides were sh*t scared of losing a goal, which I suppose you would expect, but out the two I would say Lille coped better and to me looked like the slightly better side if im honest. We didn't look like we could break them down and I always had a horrible feeling in my stomach that they were going to score.

The difference was, Fernando Torres. Lucky for us we have the best striker in the world in our side who takes the chances he gets. His first goal was superb and his second was pretty good too.

Score line is great (and ive actually won £500 on it, gerrard first scorer and liverpool to win 3-0, 50-1, placed a tenner, GET IN THERE!) but the performance wasn't fantastic, very average I thought. The midfield still looks weak to me. If we are going to win this competition then I think we need to step it up a few gears, no disrespect to Lille, but we may not have got away with a 3-0 win if we had performed like that against somebody such as Valencia.

Sometimes Fazza I think you need one of these. Positive result before the Manc game. Hopefully Maxi and Aquilani start that and we win 4-0
       :hug:
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #166: Mar 19, 2010 09:51:24 am
      Sorry if i'm late but:

Lucas wow outstanding performance, there was a touch of Brazilian in that run that sparked the Penalty.
      Steven Gerrard was everywhere which was great, sometimes I think he should of come back and defended partially as we were getting exposed in Midfield.

Fernando world class.
      Mascherano i could kiss the bloke, i think he or Pepe are player of the season.

Dagger loved falling over and running into that bloke was funny.

Nando gets one chance and does he make it count and he walks so calm away from it. <3

Great game but edgy towards the end.

Ryan Babel played well but you could see he was tired towards the end. Does Babel rest for Manchester and bring in Yossi?
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #167: Mar 19, 2010 09:54:56 am
      wouldnt have give Lucas man of the match but he was much improved. Well played lad. Nando mom, awesome
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #168: Mar 19, 2010 10:31:08 am
      I think Rafa finally gave him (Lucas) freedom to get forward.

I thought it was Gerrard who gave him permission ! :f_tongueincheek:

Gave my MOTM to Lucas his performance was very much improved of late based on his previous outings, Torres although a brilliant performance for 80 mins al least, is still not totally fit and his performance is expected every week !
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #169: Mar 19, 2010 10:36:41 am
      Agreed. Torres was brilliant! Loving having someone who's aim is just to stick it in the net and f**k everything else. Really did us well today.

he's been studying at the school of shankly crouchinho. "if you'r enot sure what to do with the ball, just stick it in the net and we'll discuss your options later" :)

excellent performance from a team that's been under a lot of preassure. torres and stevie g just getting match fitness back, so even more impressive.

so many positives. torres on fire, gerrard looking hungry again, reina (best keeper in prem) as usual, carra and agger looked absolutely solid.

babel looks like a transformed player, what has happened to him? he's going past players, sticking good crosses in, trickery here and there....riera can f*** off, left side is sorted.

negatives...kuyt (sorry), too slow. insua, attacks well but can't defend to save his life.

worried about their fatigue for sunday. so nervous yet so excited about it :)
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #170: Mar 19, 2010 10:45:53 am
      Sometimes Fazza I think you need one of these. Positive result before the Manc game. Hopefully Maxi and Aquilani start that and we win 4-0
       :hug:

Haha mate, im not trying to be negative, great result for the reds and im on a high, but i thought the scoreline was a little generous for the performance we put in and there were 2 or 3 areas for concern for me.
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #171: Mar 19, 2010 12:09:42 pm
      Great performance and Rafa finally unleashing the reigns on Lucas. That kind of performance doesn't just come overnight, he's always been capable of playing like that, so what I think we all need to tell rafa is Let the boy play! Second half we could see That the reigns were put back on. Completely defensive and allowed Lille to get back in. Very dangerous. I think we should have kept up the intensity so that we could've have got our 3rd goal much earlier and rested players. Game of 2 halves.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #172: Mar 19, 2010 01:20:54 pm
      and ive actually won £500 on it, gerrard first scorer and liverpool to win 3-0, 50-1, placed a tenner, GET IN THERE!

Lucky bas*ard ;D ;D

was driving home from work and heard the commentary on City....Aldo was goin ballistic when Lucas went down ;D ;D

Excellent win tonight for the redmen, hope we can make it another magic week in March this year ;D ;D ;D
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #173: Mar 19, 2010 01:31:14 pm
      Gone for Nando for MOTM, thought he was excellent.  Very impressed with Lucas in the first half especially.  He really had an impact on the game.  Great result, now bring on the scum.
      MrKite
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 475 posts | -2 
      Reply #174: Mar 19, 2010 01:35:15 pm
      I thought Torres was magnificent last night. His movement caused so much danger for the Lille defence who just couldn't handle him.
      philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #175: Mar 19, 2010 02:53:09 pm
      Great result, must admit was a bit worried when saw team sheet, Lucas played like a man possessed,  Torres was awesome, Gerrard was pure class and Agger had a great game too
      SODMG
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts | -1 
      • S.O.D Money Gang
      Reply #176: Mar 19, 2010 03:56:39 pm
      Lucas - MOTM
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #177: Mar 19, 2010 03:59:13 pm
      Very happy to win by three goals, becoming more common now!!! :clap:
      LFC_Stuart_1988
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,089 posts | 45 
      Reply #178: Mar 19, 2010 07:13:10 pm
      TV ratings: Five's Liverpool v Lille coverage beats The Bill

Broadcaster scores a rare ratings victory over ITV1 in the 9pm hour with 3.7m viewers tuning in

Liverpool's victory over Lille was Five's most popular live football coverage since 2005. Photograph: Stephen Pond/Empics Sport

Live coverage of Liverpool's 3-0 Europa League win over Lille made Channel Five the second most-watched network in the 9pm hour last night, Thursday, 18 March.

Five's live coverage attracted 3.693 million viewers and a 15.4% share in the 9pm hour, according to unofficial overnights. Over two hours of live coverage from 8pm, the match averaged 3.504 million (14.3%).

Last night's Europa League coverage was Five's most popular live football since Newcastle's Uefa Cup quarter final in April 2005 and helped the network to a bigger daily share (7.1%) than BBC2 or Channel 4.

Earlier yesterday, live coverage of Fulham's remarkable 4-1 victory over Juventus in the Europa League averaged 167,000 (0.8%) on ESPN over two hours from 6pm.

Five scored a rare ratings victory over ITV1 in the 9pm hour, with the football nipping ahead of The Bill, which had 3.507 million (14.6%).

BBC1's Sport Relief special, Million Pound Bike Round, took top spot for ratings in the slot, attracting 4.95 million (20.6%).

ITV2's Katie Price documentary series What Katie Did Next took fourth spot in the 9pm hour, ahead of competition on BBC2 and Channel 4 with 1.512 million (6.3%).

The People's Politician had 1.059 million (4.4%) on BBC2 in the slot, while Channel 4's Cutting Edge documentary, The Lady and the Revamp, about The Lady editor Rachel Johnson's efforts to modernise the magazine, drew 1.005 million (4.2%). A further 168,000 (0.9%) watched an hour later on Channel 4+1.

New BBC2 documentary series Museum of Life, a behind-the-scenes look at the Natural History Museum, opened with 1.64 million (6.5%) in the 8pm hour.

Competition included BBC1's MasterChef with 4.256 million (16.8%) and Channel 4's Country House Rescue, which attracted 1.589 million (6.3%). Another 213,000 (0.9%) watched on Channel 4+1.

ITV1's soap double bill dominated the 8pm hour, as usual, with Emmerdale (7.188 million, 29%) and Coronation Street (7.823 million, 30.3%).

The most-watched show yesterday was EastEnders on BBC1, with 8.952 million (38.1%) from 7.30pm.

BBC3's narrative repeat of EastEnders attracted a further 804,000 (4%) at 10pm. Then the final instalment of Eddie Izzard: Marathon Man brought 1.045 million (7.5%) to BBC3 in the hour from 10.30pm.

Skins ended its fourth series on E4 with 728,000 (4.1%) in the 10pm hour.

The second instalment of Sky1's sports panel show A League of Their Own had 362,000 (1.5%) in the half hour from 9pm, down from 527,000 (2.3%) last week. It was followed at 9.30pm by the launch of new US adult animation import Glenn Martin, DDS, which attracted 100,000 (0.4%).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/19/tv-ratings-liverpool-lille-five

We must be doing something right if we're beating the bill in the rateings  :laugh:
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,844 posts | 67 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #179: Mar 19, 2010 07:18:10 pm
      Sooo happy at this result! Torres showed everyone just how good he is ,the goals m ay have looked easy to score but in reality when you are closed down by keepers there is no time to think,it becomes instinctive and he is the absolute predator !I actually voted Lucas as my MOTM,for his work rate and attacking play ,great play from Masch,Gerrard,Agger,and of course Pepe !Lille were made to look a very ordinary side last night by a team that had desire and passion ...fan bloody tastic !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #180: Mar 19, 2010 07:25:47 pm
      The Bill? Who cares about The Bill? :laugh:
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #181: Mar 19, 2010 07:48:35 pm
      Bit more nervy than the scoreline suggests considering how one goal could have taken them through right up til Torres scored his second. Got very tense halfway through the second half when we started messing about with the ball. Just shows you how much we've missed Torres this season really, he was a constant menace as ever and scared that Rami guy shitless. Good performance from both Babel and Lucas, two players that get a lot of stick, but both could hold their head high after last night. Babel in particular put in 100% for probably the first time ever in a red shirt. Thought Agger was imperious at the back as well, and considering afterwards he said he played through an injury, that's all the more impressive.

I still worry about Insua though, he didn't actually have too much to deal with last night, and what did come his way was fairly easy to clear, but his anticipation and turn of pace is awful. He's a liability at the back, and although he seems to be able to dribble, he can't pass or shoot.

Overall though a good performance, and was mentioned in the papers, scoring 7 goals in 2 games before a trip to the scum is certainly heartening. Hopefully we can take this form across to east lancs and murder them on their own patch again. What a week that would be! :D
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #182: Mar 19, 2010 08:46:18 pm
      Was a little dubious about getting a result. Shame on me.

Good performance from the team. Well done. Albert, what are ye doing?
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #183: Mar 19, 2010 08:53:54 pm
      TV ratings: Five's Liverpool v Lille coverage beats The Bill

Broadcaster scores a rare ratings victory over ITV1 in the 9pm hour with 3.7m viewers tuning in

Liverpool's victory over Lille was Five's most popular live football coverage since 2005. Photograph: Stephen Pond/Empics Sport

Live coverage of Liverpool's 3-0 Europa League win over Lille made Channel Five the second most-watched network in the 9pm hour last night, Thursday, 18 March.

Five's live coverage attracted 3.693 million viewers and a 15.4% share in the 9pm hour, according to unofficial overnights. Over two hours of live coverage from 8pm, the match averaged 3.504 million (14.3%).

Last night's Europa League coverage was Five's most popular live football since Newcastle's Uefa Cup quarter final in April 2005 and helped the network to a bigger daily share (7.1%) than BBC2 or Channel 4.

Earlier yesterday, live coverage of Fulham's remarkable 4-1 victory over Juventus in the Europa League averaged 167,000 (0.8%) on ESPN over two hours from 6pm.

Five scored a rare ratings victory over ITV1 in the 9pm hour, with the football nipping ahead of The Bill, which had 3.507 million (14.6%).

BBC1's Sport Relief special, Million Pound Bike Round, took top spot for ratings in the slot, attracting 4.95 million (20.6%).

ITV2's Katie Price documentary series What Katie Did Next took fourth spot in the 9pm hour, ahead of competition on BBC2 and Channel 4 with 1.512 million (6.3%).

The People's Politician had 1.059 million (4.4%) on BBC2 in the slot, while Channel 4's Cutting Edge documentary, The Lady and the Revamp, about The Lady editor Rachel Johnson's efforts to modernise the magazine, drew 1.005 million (4.2%). A further 168,000 (0.9%) watched an hour later on Channel 4+1.

New BBC2 documentary series Museum of Life, a behind-the-scenes look at the Natural History Museum, opened with 1.64 million (6.5%) in the 8pm hour.

Competition included BBC1's MasterChef with 4.256 million (16.8%) and Channel 4's Country House Rescue, which attracted 1.589 million (6.3%). Another 213,000 (0.9%) watched on Channel 4+1.

ITV1's soap double bill dominated the 8pm hour, as usual, with Emmerdale (7.188 million, 29%) and Coronation Street (7.823 million, 30.3%).

The most-watched show yesterday was EastEnders on BBC1, with 8.952 million (38.1%) from 7.30pm.

BBC3's narrative repeat of EastEnders attracted a further 804,000 (4%) at 10pm. Then the final instalment of Eddie Izzard: Marathon Man brought 1.045 million (7.5%) to BBC3 in the hour from 10.30pm.

Skins ended its fourth series on E4 with 728,000 (4.1%) in the 10pm hour.

The second instalment of Sky1's sports panel show A League of Their Own had 362,000 (1.5%) in the half hour from 9pm, down from 527,000 (2.3%) last week. It was followed at 9.30pm by the launch of new US adult animation import Glenn Martin, DDS, which attracted 100,000 (0.4%).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/mar/19/tv-ratings-liverpool-lille-five

We must be doing something right if we're beating the bill in the rateings  :laugh:

Kind of on a similar topic, i think the Europa league has got so much better this year, and not just because we are in it!  :laugh:

But the fact that there were 30 plus goals last week, and i dont know if anyone watched the Valencia game before us, what a game that was, bar the awful defending it was a cracking game, and i believe that the Europa league has gained a bit of support this year due to the predigree of teams in it, hopefully this is still the view when we go on to life the trophy  :scarf:

Quick Reply