Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who was your man of the match?

Javier Mascherano
      (4%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6.1%)
      Lucas Leiva
      (34.3%)
      Fernando Torres
      (50.5%)
      Ryan Babel
      (2%)
      Glen Johnson
      (1%)

Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie

Read 19414 times
      DayDreamBeliever
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Re: Liverpool v Lille (Europa League) 18/03/10 - Live Match Thread
      Reply #46: Mar 18, 2010 10:38:40 pm
      Is it me or do we seem to be always attacking the Kop in the first half?  Are we always losing the toss?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #47: Mar 18, 2010 10:42:28 pm

"Kuyt and Lucas in the side and with the latter having a blinder"

Oh Come on I know it was an improvement from Lucas but..................... ................. Next you will be suggesting that he starts every game :
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #48: Mar 18, 2010 10:43:39 pm
      If this is a sinking ship, Im staying on board, baby ;D

Two wins from an abysmal season playing in the Europa cup, struggling for fourth and now we're on board the SS Shankly.

FFS How fickle are football fans ;D!
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #49: Mar 18, 2010 10:47:15 pm
      Because at 2-0 we were going through.

Why would we throw the kitchen sink at them and risk being caught out on the counter by a team with pace when the result we had was enough. Besides we had them under control and they never looked a threat.

I think some people are just a bit green with the fact we won 3-0 with Kuyt and Lucas in the side and with the latter having a blinder.

throwing the kitchen sink at them wasnt what was required. keeping possession and always looking to advance and attack was. they never looked a threat? are you kidding. we could have been knocked out of the competition at 2-0 with one little mistake 5 seconds from the end of added time and they looked like they were about to camp outside our area 8 mins from time. all of a sudden they looked a massive threat. we needed that 3rd goal regardless of who was in the team.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #50: Mar 18, 2010 10:48:02 pm
      "Kuyt and Lucas in the side and with the latter having a blinder"

Oh Come on I know it was an improvement from Lucas but..................... ................. Next you will be suggesting that he starts every game :

He had a great match. He's been the most consistent all season. To be honest I think he deserves to start most matches.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #51: Mar 18, 2010 10:48:12 pm
      We played some good football, and the display from Lucas tonight may very well  be very intriguing for the rest of the season and next. I've been disappointed many a times with Lucas, but I never blamed him for anything and I've supported him but I think with the performance Aquilani had put in the other night; Lucas answered the critic including myself well.

Can't wrong that performance, showed all the ways we can play and how versatile the squad can be. A lot of running from a lot of players.

Kuyt for me held up the play too many times again tonight but he was more careful than games before. Had a quiet game, didn't disturb out play that much.

Babel seems a changed player, ever looking to get back and showing determination. That left back sat back to negate his runs, so he looked to pass the ball which was good. He got isolated when he was looking to pass at times, but that's not too bad as Insua is not quick enough to steam up and down the pitch. Very professional from them both, even though Insua is prone to silly decisions.

Stevie as I said was bull dogging the defenders, and that was great to see.

Torres is the ultimate lad. He is the complete forward; his game intelligence and skill are World Class and the defenders ran away from him tonight. Another 2 goals to add to his remarkable bunch.

Pepe should be called King Pepe!

D'agger and Masch were wonderful as well. Hmmm who else? Carra, almost gifted them a goal a nifty performance nonetheless.

All in all the team and Rafa did well, hope Riera looked and felt ashamed of himself. It's performances like these that let the owners grip unto the stakes...sadly

Man U will be in for something!!! Torres in impeccable form.

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #52: Mar 18, 2010 10:48:34 pm
      That was a performance to match monday nights, only this time we weren't playing the likes of Pompey !
      This team lie 4th in their league, this was improvement with a capital I !
      Bring on the cottagers.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #53: Mar 18, 2010 10:51:01 pm
      Two wins from an abysmal season playing in the Europa cup, struggling for fourth and now we're on board the SS Shankly.

Sorry to ask this but do you really support Liverpool Football Club,I would hate to see your posts if we were in the relegation zone.To my mind it was a good result and that is what matters most.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #54: Mar 18, 2010 10:52:38 pm

Then jump off.
      the12thkopite
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 188 posts |
      Reply #55: Mar 18, 2010 10:53:37 pm

are you being forced to support Liverpool against your will? why the F**k are you not happy with this week? FFS some 'Liverpool' fans dont deserve to be red!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #56: Mar 18, 2010 10:54:22 pm
      Have to say I actually think the result kind of flattered us tonight, there was no sign of the slick quick one touch football like the other night against Portsmouth. I thought we played a hell of a lot of long ball again tonight.

I really can't understand this because the amount of time we give up possession due to this is a joke. Won't go into individual performances negative or otherwise tonight other than to say I hope Maxi replaces Kuyt on Sunday.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #57: Mar 18, 2010 10:57:24 pm
      He had a great match. He's been the most consistent all season. To be honest I think he deserves to start most matches.

Have you actually seen any of our games this season apart from tonight.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #58: Mar 18, 2010 10:57:45 pm
      Won't go into individual performances negative or otherwise tonight other than to say I hope Maxi replaces Kuyt on Sunday.

I agree.. he did nothing until the 2 shots at the end.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #59: Mar 18, 2010 11:00:09 pm
      I agree.. he did nothing until the 2 shots at the end.

And missed
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #60: Mar 18, 2010 11:03:14 pm
      To the three posters who my opinions rattled.

I'd urge caution not to count your chickens to early as this year we've turned more corners than Nigel Mansell has through 60 laps at Silverstone.

Please don't question my loyality to the club, it's just that some fans still have aspirations! We've had a great week, but lets not forget in the grand scheme of things we've had a very poor season. That is all I'm saying, going by some posts you'd think we don't have a worry in the world and the last two results have put to bed the fickleness of certain supporters.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #61: Mar 18, 2010 11:03:24 pm

To be fair they were 2 good shots, both on target from what I can recall, but that's all I can remember him doing. Oh and that tackle just before the 3rd goal.

Would have taken Kuyt off when Yossi came on. Babel wasn't bad.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #62: Mar 18, 2010 11:04:46 pm
      Would have taken Kuyt off when Yossi came on. Babel wasn't bad.

I think fatigue played it's part there.

When Babel came off, Kuyt stepped up his work rate and helped the defence. I think the theory in which Rafa applied to that substitution worked perfectly for him and the team.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Liverpool 3 - 0 Lille: Post Match Boogie
      Reply #63: Mar 18, 2010 11:12:05 pm
      Missed 1st half cos of training so put me straight, was Lucas more attack minded tonight or am I imagining it?

Great to see Nando banging them in, Vidic be shitting himself ahead of Sunday!! His goals per game ratio must be up there with Rooney this season?

Anyway I cant comment too much as I only seen some of the second half but great result draw to look forward to tomorrow and then Sunday!! Come on!!!
      CurlyRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 799 posts |
      Reply #64: Mar 18, 2010 11:19:04 pm
      Redmen did us supporters proud.  Lucas played further up the field and Gerrard looked better - not fired up but sharper.  Nado was fab but faded by 80mins.  They all need a good rest now to be ready for Sunday...I don't even mind if Lucas is on the field and that says something for me (never been his biggest fan)!!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #65: Mar 18, 2010 11:22:43 pm
      This thread will be staying open, and will also be the post-match thread.

No need to worry about your well thought-out replies being locked out.

Well don't I look like an idiot...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #66: Mar 18, 2010 11:23:56 pm
      The brother was at the match tonight and he said there was groans every time Kuyt got on the ball. To be honest I think he is a disaster on the right.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #67: Mar 18, 2010 11:24:42 pm
      Read Agger got a knock at the end. I pray he's okay, because he was outstanding.

Nothing got through him, he was always willing to go forward, rose well on set pieces (was open to tap in when Kuyt blazed over after being offside) and covered for his fellow defenders (hello Emiliano, i'm talking about you).

Magnificent
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2827 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #68: Mar 18, 2010 11:25:02 pm
      Well well well. Roughly 20 people viewing this thread and 3 pages of posts. Usually after a poor result the thread is packed to the rafters with posters and the pages be heading for double figures by now. Strange that!

Quick Reply