Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Pre Match: Manchester United v Liverpool 21/3/2010 (KO13:30)

Read 22314 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Pre Match: Manchester United v Liverpool 21/3/2010 (KO13:30)
      Reply #23: Mar 19, 2010 10:49:16 am
      Massive game for both teams. It can't come quick enough for me  ;D. You've just come good at the right fooking time  :f_whistle:

Bring it on lads  ;D

No matter what happens, your a winner eh?
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #24: Mar 19, 2010 11:00:26 am
      I don't believe Man U are a relatively physical outfit, they like to play football. Personally I'd drop both Lucas and Kuyt and play Maxi and Aquilani (if the poor little lamb is over his "virus"). In other words play the same kind of football we did against Pomey and not like Lille. One performance was aesthetically pleasing on the eye, the other was effective. I'd take it to em and go fot the former. However I can see Rafa going for the "effective & efficient" soak up pressure, hit them on the counter with Gerrard and Nando.

Let's not forget while we're acting all smug about that fanatastic 4-1 defeat of them last season, they'll be smarting over that and will be looking for a little revenge. I hope our last two results haven't given some of the fickle mob the opinions were 'gonna do em'.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #25: Mar 19, 2010 11:01:38 am
      3-0 liverpool to crush the mancs.

Scholes to be sent off.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4589 
      Reply #26: Mar 19, 2010 11:03:21 am
      I hope our last two results haven't given some of the fickle mob the opinions were 'gonna do em'.

F**k off! we beleive in what we want to beleive in.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #27: Mar 19, 2010 11:16:17 am
      F**k off! we beleive in what we want to beleive in.

must have hit a nerve.

Yeah we'll trounce em 8-0
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #28: Mar 19, 2010 11:19:52 am
      I don't believe Man U are a relatively physical outfit, they like to play football. Personally I'd drop both Lucas and Kuyt and play Maxi and Aquilani (if the poor little lamb is over his "virus"). In other words play the same kind of football we did against Pomey and not like Lille. One performance was aesthetically pleasing on the eye, the other was effective. I'd take it to em and go fot the former. However I can see Rafa going for the "effective & efficient" soak up pressure, hit them on the counter with Gerrard and Nando.

Let's not forget while we're acting all smug about that fanatastic 4-1 defeat of them last season, they'll be smarting over that and will be looking for a little revenge. I hope our last two results haven't given some of the fickle mob the opinions were 'gonna do em'.

Well if nothing else I hope they give our players the confidence to have a go at the mancs
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #29: Mar 19, 2010 11:20:05 am

That's the spirit :)
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #30: Mar 19, 2010 11:21:29 am
      Well if nothing else I hope they give our players the confidence to have a go at the mancs

so do I.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #31: Mar 19, 2010 11:23:14 am
      Anyone got Rooney's address? ;)
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      Reply #32: Mar 19, 2010 11:25:38 am
      01 Ishagoldbirds crescents
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #33: Mar 19, 2010 11:38:03 am

They're a one man team as we know and if we make them have it like last time Vidic and Ferdinand will be more of an embarrassment than the last rout.
      Closing Shrek down will be the priority but for this one it's gotta be Aquilani and Maxi to keep that momentum going.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #34: Mar 19, 2010 11:50:17 am
      3 consecutive victories against United have clearly hurt them and they will be certain to stop it becoming four.

If I am being honest, the way both sides are playing I think a draw would be a pretty decent result for us there. If we look back at our last three wins each of them have been about dominating midfield and hitting them on the counter. 

I think if we go there attempting to out-play them with attacking football then we will be soundly beaten.

The only way I would play Aquilani here would be if Gerrard was replacing Kuyt on the right wing.  That's not going to happen so I'd keep the same side as against Lille but replace Kuyt with Rodriguez.

Rafa's got his tactics against United spot on the last three games and I think he should keep the same system in place this time around.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #35: Mar 19, 2010 12:04:53 pm

Ferguson has accused the FA today of being Dysfunctional.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/manutd/7479145/Manchester-United-manager-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-hits-out-at-dysfunctional-FA.html

Less than two months after Rio Ferdinand was eventually banned for four games following a video review of his attack on Hull striker Craig Fagan at Old Trafford, Manchester United find they must face Steven Gerrard during Sunday's encounter with Liverpool, even though the midfielder appeared to commit two indiscretions recently that could have resulted in further action.

Instead, both an alleged V-sign to referee Andre Marriner in the recent defeat to Wigan and a nasty-looking challenge on Portsmouth's Michael Brown at Anfield on Monday have both gone unpunished.   

United manager Ferguson said: "I didn't expect anything to happen to Steven Gerrard.
      It (the disciplinary panel) is a dysfunctional unit.
      I don't know what they are doing."

Ferguson has long held the view that his side are disadvantaged in their dealings with the FA. :lmao:

The latest events will not have altered that opinion given Ferdinand had an additional match added to what would have been a three-game suspension for what was deemed to be a "frivolous" appeal over the Fagan incident.

At the time, Ferguson highlighted what he felt was a similar incident involving another Liverpool player, Javier Mascherano, at Leeds during a Carling Cup tie earlier in the campaign which, like the Gerrard situations, did not warrant any further attention.

"There is no consistency for a start and I didn't expect to get any," continued Ferguson. "I am not too bothered about it. They can do what they want down there. It is crazy at times."

No Fergie.

Its squeaky bum time for you !
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #36: Mar 19, 2010 12:19:54 pm
      If I were Rafa this is what I'd do...

King Pepe

Johnson   Kyrrie   Agger    Insua

Masch  Gerrard

Babel       Aquilani         Maxi   

Torres

I suspect they'd be looking for our defensive minded team to play. But if we can place Kyrrie on Rooney that should be a big hindrance to them. The rest would be the central midfield, if Gerrard plays in the centre with Masch the movement of Aquilani would be damaging to them. I like Aquilani with Babel as Aquilani always gives him an outlet through his movement. Maxi will be a sturdy support for Insua. I get the feeling Carra would be a hindrance in this game, D'agger has been excellent.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,270 posts | 2829 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #37: Mar 19, 2010 12:27:15 pm
      My fear here is Valencia on Insua he could create countless problems there
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #38: Mar 19, 2010 12:35:05 pm
      No matter what happens, your a winner eh?

;D ;D ;D
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #39: Mar 19, 2010 12:57:36 pm
      This, to me, overshadows the derby match. The video in the first post put a smile on my face (not least because of seeing Sami in a Reds shirts again). But, to say i am shitting myself about this match is a major understatement. We have seen two wins in a row against pretty mediocre teams and so although our confidence would have increased due to those results, we still need to go up another 2-3 gears if we are to stand any chance of winning this match. If we put half the effort into this game as we did to last seasons game, i am confident we will come home with a victory.

Hopefully Aquilani will start. However, who do you drop? I mean, Lucas had a very good game on Thursday night and played well at the Toilet last season but does Rafa keep him in the team or drop him for Aquilani? Also, would he drop Babel and bring in Yossi? All i can say is that i am glad i am not making these decisions. I personally would go with the following team:

Reina

Johnson, Agger, Carra, Insua

Masch, Aquilani

Babel, Gerrard, Maxi

Torres.

Not i am not sure if i would replace Maxi with Yossi ???
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #40: Mar 19, 2010 01:01:09 pm
      Think the key to this game is the strikers.

If we can keep rooney quiet and if nando has a stormer then we might be lucky enough to come away with 3 points.

If rooney runs riot though, i fear the worse. An on form rooney would destroy an off form carragher.

Valencia up against Insua is also another one to worry about. I don't think insua has the pace, the strength or the height to keep up with him. It might be best if Rafa plays the big greek in the middle to help carragher control rooney and to play Agger at left back to keep Valencia out the game.

Apart from them two, im pretty confident. Mascherano and Lucas will hopefully out play carrick and scholes as they did at Anfield. Our attack has already ripped their defence apart on previous occasions. Im happy for johnson to keep an eye on Nani and im also happy about Kuyt and Maxi tracking back to help the full backs out and when possible have a pop at theirs.

Im not expecting 3 points here, but i am quietly confident.

fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #41: Mar 19, 2010 01:03:56 pm
                    Reina

Johnson   Carragher   Greek    Agger

Masc       Lucas

Kuyt                                  Maxi

Gerrard
                               Torres
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #42: Mar 19, 2010 01:16:01 pm
      I just remembered

Rio is out on a 4 match ban

YES VIDIC HE'S COMING
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,010 posts | 3953 
      Reply #43: Mar 19, 2010 01:49:52 pm
      I just remembered

Rio is out on a 4 match ban

YES VIDIC HE'S COMING
      Can't wait to see him hanging on to Nandos shirt tails again totally lost.
      We've had them three times on the trot by forcing the pace and giving them no time to organise if we stand off them we play into their hands - Lucas and Kuyt are ponderous at times and replacing them with Maxi and Aquilani would up the ante.
      « Last Edit: Mar 19, 2010 04:01:06 pm by stuey »
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #44: Mar 19, 2010 01:56:12 pm
      We'll crush them, even if we win 1-0.

Any news on Aquilani?
      RyanBabs

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #45: Mar 19, 2010 01:57:14 pm
      Fernando Torres

Apperances: 111
      Goals: 67

Wayne Rooney:

Apperances: 276
      Goals: 129

Fernando seems to have a higher scoring rate

Quick Reply