Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

How much do we need to spend in the Summer to compete next season?

Read 8904 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: How much do we need to spend in the Summer to compete next season?
      Reply #46: Mar 20, 2010 12:08:28 pm
      True but still can't see him coming to us.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #47: Mar 20, 2010 12:16:11 pm
      AC Milan are leading the chase at this stage. He'll get his fat wages and game time.

Depends if he wants to play in the Italian League though really. :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #48: Mar 20, 2010 12:17:10 pm
      True but still can't see him coming to us.

As good a chance as any on the top clubs around us in the EPL and Rafa is known to be an admirer of him.

Its all just Theoretical anyway, but its not bad when you look at it from a 17 million net spend perspective really.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #49: Mar 20, 2010 12:33:58 pm
      40mill + sales from other players

20 mill. Silva or Mata
      15-20 mill. Lahm or Cissokho
      Cole free
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #50: Mar 20, 2010 12:40:47 pm
      Don't worry Rafa is doing his best to ensure he has something to spend.

StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #51: Mar 20, 2010 12:50:14 pm
      :lmao:

I reckon we need about 30 mill to bring in 3 class players like Turan, a proper left back and another striker.
      RedWilly

• 9,214 posts | 1646 
      Reply #52: Mar 20, 2010 03:02:42 pm
      Think a LB is priority, after that a player for left mid. Already brought in Jovanovovovovvic for up top, although another would be welcome I would rather see a RB brought in and Johnson pushed up to the wing.
      machell88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 269 posts |
      Reply #53: Mar 20, 2010 03:50:06 pm
      We need nothing this summer. We only need Rafa's approval so that his players can play with more freedom, more attacking and that's all. See the results from Lille and Portsmouth games.

Actually I was wrong, we do need to replace Carra though, so I think around 12 mills should be okay, no?

I actually agree with everything except the latter (unless it was a joke!), Carra is still one of the best centre-backs in the prem
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #54: Mar 22, 2010 03:41:33 am
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #55: Mar 22, 2010 03:42:12 am
      Nevermind, I have my answer. What's a reliable site rather than goal?
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #56: Mar 22, 2010 05:26:47 am
      Play Aquilani instead of Lucas = Feels like 20M worth of new signing
      Play Glen Johnson instead of Kuyt = Feels like 18M worth of pacey winger
      Play Babel as Torres' strikepartner = Feels like a new 11M mercurial talent
      Play Kelly at RB = We got possibly a cover for Kuyt / Johnson as well as playing home grown talent

There, 4 of that will greatly utilises what we have, and for an odd 10M to bolster the LB plus Jovanovic / whoever rotating the left side, we're pretty much better than this season (well, we can't go worse... can we?)
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #57: Mar 22, 2010 09:29:06 am
      Dont agree with this play johnson right mid crap that people come out with. He's a full back. Just a very attacking one. End of. In my perfect little world this is how it goes:

For next season im happy with:

Reina

Johnson      Skrtel            Agger               

Dropping carragher and insua to the bench. I would bring them in and still give each a massive part of the season, but in our strongest line up i don't think neither feature in there at the moment. So were missing a left back. Personally, i'd bring in Phillip Lahm. I think hes capable of playing in the premiership and i rate him as a player too. Hes overcome his injury problems and at the age of 26-27 he will soon be reaching the peek of his career. Not a bad signing of say 10m + aurelio?

Midfield then im happy with

Mascherano     Aquilani

Missing a right midfielder and a left midfielder. I'm still not that confident in aquilani but considering we signed him for big bucks and the fact he has played very little football this season, im prepared to give the lad a chance and throw him into the side.
      I still want kuyt in the squad and similar with carra and insua, i would give him a huge part of the season, but at the moment id go for a change and bring in a right midfielder. On the left is our main concern IMO. Its where our major signing should be this summer.

On the right id bring in either lennon or milner. Unfortunately i think both would cost around 20m though. Might be able to make some sort of swop deal and babel or lucas go the other way to cut costs down but lets just say they would cost 20m anyway.

On the left then i think we all want silva. I think it would take a bid of 30m to sign him though.

In attack then ofcourse im happy with gerrard and torres.

So my team is -

Reina

Johnson              Skrtel             Agger           Lahm

Milner/Lennon      Masc              Aquilani         Silva

Gerrard 

Torres

Spending 60m, possibly cutting that to around 40m by doing swop deals or selling players. We would have a strong bench too, the likes of kuyt, carra, insua, maxi, adding the to free transfers coming our way.

Ah well, we can all dream can't we.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #58: Mar 22, 2010 09:45:00 am
      I tell you which player i have grown to like, Mbark Boussoufa who plays for Anderlecht. If we flog Riera off in the summer then i would love for this guy to come and rotate around on the each flank.

Like Benayoun but more two footed, more versatility in being able to add natural width on each flank and better at set pieces.

Milos Krasic is also wanting to leave CSKA to 'chase the dream'. 15m will be enough to buy them both but depends on Krasic wanting to sign for a team who may not make the Champions League.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #59: Mar 22, 2010 10:04:39 am
      Thats right... All the tea
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #60: Mar 22, 2010 11:09:42 am
      We need a quality forward, central midfielder, left full back, right full back, Left and right sided wingmen. Quality only. We need to spend about 60mill, and because we have spent nothing in real terms for over 2 years, 60mill may not be enough. Sell up and go H & G, your lot will have us fighting relegation if you stay.
      yoyo-yoyo
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 151 posts | -1 
      Reply #61: Mar 22, 2010 01:11:24 pm
      We need a quality forward, central midfielder, left full back, right full back, Left and right sided wingmen. Quality only. We need to spend about 60mill, and because we have spent nothing in real terms for over 2 years, 60mill may not be enough. Sell up and go H & G, your lot will have us fighting relegation if you stay.
      I dont think you are a million away with that figure but i would slip in a pacy centre back as well!. 

The worrying thing is the bedding in time any new players will require so i would reckon it would be at least two more years before we were seriously challenging for the title again.  Gerrard and Torres will know this as well........
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #62: Mar 22, 2010 01:14:19 pm
      How much do we need - or how much have we got ? The simple answer - sadly - is that we need to spend far, far in excess of what we have.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #63: Mar 22, 2010 01:43:54 pm
      I tell you which player i have grown to like, Mbark Boussoufa who plays for Anderlecht. If we flog Riera off in the summer then i would love for this guy to come and rotate around on the each flank.

Who?!

What goes Mbark Mbark? - a Dog with a Hare Lip.

I tell you what; this "game" has a lot to F***ing answer for.   :f_whistle:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #64: Mar 22, 2010 01:57:14 pm
      Who?!

I tell you what; this "game" has a lot to f**king answer for.   :f_whistle:
      :lmao: :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #65: Mar 25, 2010 10:01:11 am
      Who?!

I tell you what; this "game" has a lot to F***ing answer for.   :f_whistle:

Or you actually watch a game. He plays for Anderlecht. You know, the same Anderlecht who played in the competition we're playing now for Europe!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #66: Mar 25, 2010 01:44:34 pm
      Dont agree with this play johnson right mid crap that people come out with. He's a full back. Just a very attacking one. End of.

I used to agree with you, but i think he may end up costing us goals by not tracking back. There's no doubt that he's the best player going forward and is an essential player to have in an attacking line up, so i would give him the oppertunity to play on the wing and run at the defenders.

Would love to have Silva, but it looks live the Manc's have him lined up  >:(
      corballyred
      • Banned
      • Started Topic

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #67: Mar 25, 2010 01:47:58 pm
      Fazza you've hit the nail on the head about the Johnson comment I've said it before on here as well
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #68: Mar 25, 2010 02:12:48 pm
      I used to agree with you, but i think he may end up costing us goals by not tracking back. There's no doubt that he's the best player going forward and is an essential player to have in an attacking line up, so i would give him the oppertunity to play on the wing and run at the defenders.

Would love to have Silva, but it looks live the Manc's have him lined up  >:(

I reckon that could be changed tactically. If he surges forward, Lucas or Masch come across to cover it, his winger stays back, or Insua drops back and pushes the central defenders across as a back 3.

I think with the lack of movement from our wingers we need someone like him from the fullback position overlapping.

Quick Reply