Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Guitarist Thread

Read 35730 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      The Guitarist Thread
      Jun 03, 2007 11:36:33 am
      Any rockers out there want to help me out.

Can't get my head around it. Keep messing up - anyone know were I can get some free online lessons or something??

Much appreciated!!  :action-smiley-035:
      « Last Edit: Mar 27, 2008 04:39:34 pm by Court LFC »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Can anyone play the electric guitar?
      Reply #1: Jun 03, 2007 12:08:02 pm
      I've been playing for 2 years :) what is it you need help with?
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #2: Jun 03, 2007 01:35:14 pm
      I've been playing for 2 years :) what is it you need help with?

The basics first off, my bro tried to teach me it. And branded me a failure.

Hahaha!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #3: Jun 03, 2007 02:26:49 pm
      Been playing since the 2nd of October 2005, the day of my 18th birthday! And it's the best thing I ever did!

And I was technically branded a failure by a few people, but I stuck it out and now play rythym guitar, in the hope of setting up a band with one of me close mates! The site that's helped me out most is www.ultimate-guitar.com and I still reference to it for my tabs now!

Stick with it though, I was completely self taught so lessons are meaningless to me, but there is online lessons on there that deal with the basics! And then the snazzy stuff you start wanting to do when the basics are covered! Let us know how you're going mate, and I'll give you any tips of you need any!  ;D It'd probably help me out too, you'd be suprised!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #4: Jun 03, 2007 04:46:31 pm
      Ah I see!.. You might find this site helpful!

http://www.chordfind.com
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2007 01:32:49 pm
      Been playing since the 2nd of October 2005, the day of my 18th birthday! And it's the best thing I ever did!

And I was technically branded a failure by a few people, but I stuck it out and now play rythym guitar, in the hope of setting up a band with one of me close mates! The site that's helped me out most is www.ultimate-guitar.com and I still reference to it for my tabs now!

Stick with it though, I was completely self taught so lessons are meaningless to me, but there is online lessons on there that deal with the basics! And then the snazzy stuff you start wanting to do when the basics are covered! Let us know how you're going mate, and I'll give you any tips of you need any!  ;D It'd probably help me out too, you'd be suprised!

Cheers for your help lads, I'll let you know how I get on :D
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #6: Jun 08, 2007 08:14:30 pm
      Sorry not me! I went to 1 lesson and gave up! Had hoped to become Jimmy Hendrix in 10 minutes but it never happened so I jacked in my career as a wild axeman.
      Payed a bugle in the Boys Brigade and then learned snare drum in the Air cadets.
      Taught myself on the drums and finally bought a 12 piece black 'n' chrome double bass drum kit in 1997. I loved it but finally had to part company with it after a few years. I've never been the same since.
      I just wanna hit things all the time now (in steady rhythm of course!)  ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: The Guitarist Thread
      Reply #7: Mar 27, 2008 04:47:20 pm
      Thought I'd bump this topic and rename it!

I've been playing now properly since last Christmas (2007) after I bought my Epipihone Les Paul Custom.  At the moment I can play little bits such as intros to songs.  But now I'm learning power chords that look like this...

-----6-----8-----
      -----x-----x-----
      -----4-----6-----

One of the most noticeable intros that I can play properly & that I have suddenly just mastered is Sweet Child O' Mine by Guns N' Roses.  The thrill of whacking that tune out now gives me a huge buzz :D

I also use this nifty little program called Guitar Pro 5, & I download the tabs from www.ultimate-guitar.com (Guitar Pro tabs).  It really helps.

I know there are a few Guitarists on the forum so advice & stuff would be very much appreciated!

Oh and if anyone wants to know where I downloaded bought Guitar Pro from send us a PM and I'll give you the details ;)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #8: Mar 27, 2008 05:39:46 pm
      Well in Slash. Sounds like you've got the dedication. What else are you mastering lately? Do you want some requests?  ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #9: Mar 27, 2008 05:50:13 pm
      Well in Slash. Sounds like you've got the dedication. What else are you mastering lately? Do you want some requests?  ;)

I could do some requests!  ;)

I'd be able to use me phone to record it via MP3.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #10: Mar 29, 2008 02:46:01 am
      I think it's about time we gave Court some serious requests. We might have a potential LFC Reds guitar legend here.

I'll go first. The guitar solo bit from Pink Floyds 'Comfortably Numb'  ;)
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #11: Mar 30, 2008 01:14:36 pm
      Ive been playing guitar for 8 years now, my first guitar i owned was a slash les Paul epiphone and i sold it for a custom made jackson soloist, worst F***ing decision i ever made as far as music goes. aside from fitness and football, music is my other passion. when i left high school i went straight to TAFE and got myself a diploma in sound engineering, probably the best thing i did as far as music goes. Ive been teaching guitar at a local music store called guitar world and i have to say it was probably the best job Ive had in my life, but now I'm a design draftsman. teaching kids how to play they're favourite songs is a great feeling, and there were plenty of people that always wanted to give up cos it was "too hard" or they were just too lazy, some of em were really insecure about playing in front of people, i know i still feel like that some times but as i say if you don't get out there your not gonna get any better!. Ive played in about 6 bands since i left high school and the last band i was in was called belial. we ended up doing a show case in los angeles for fear factory and they tried to set up a deal with nuclear blast records in germany for us, it was a truly insane thing to be able to do that, but sadly i ended up hating the music i had created with them and fell out with the band and decided it was best if i split from the group. basically i came to the decision that i didn't like death metal any more. I'm glad this thread came up, i wasn't sure if there would be any other muso's on the forum.
      Anyway enough of me ill answer the question now Court. i find the best website to get lessons and tabs is as County Rd said is Ultimate-guitar.com they always have good tabs. also it has guitar pro tabs on there. Now mate personally i think its all down to what type of player you want to become, if you want to become a virtuoso then i would say take as many lessons as you can! take flamenco lessons, classical lessons, and normal lessons where you'll learn your favourite tunes and scales and theory. but if you just want to be a rocker then id say do the whole self taught thing, its probably the best way to go and its cheaper ;) you will develop your own style by doing this quicker as well. If you decide to teach yourself then i would most definitely recommend downloading the latest Guitar Pro package off of the official guitar pro product website, sorry i cant remember what it is. but you get a free trial downloadable pack on there and it lasts about 30 days, but if you do this all you have to do is download the crack code for it and you'll have the program for free! i think i got mine off of limewire. Guitar Pro is a great way to hear and see how a song is played, also you learn how to write real music notation and tabs for your own songs so you wont forget your awesome riffs! ;)
      you see music is a language and the more you have in your vocabulary the better your going to be so if your really keen on learning how to play an instrument then i would advise anyone to get proper lessons form all different styles of music and then try and develop your own influence into it.

If any one wants to know anything about guitar or music then I'm always more than happy to help where ever i can, just give me a mesage :D

LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #12: Mar 30, 2008 03:13:02 pm
      Www.arronwestlake.bebo.com

Court, those power chords you're learning will make ya look ten times better at guitar, power chords are great! Ya should learn a few Greenday songs, a lot of of them use powerchords that could help ya! And try and learn All The Small Things by Blink 182!
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #13: Mar 30, 2008 07:08:27 pm
      Ive been playing guitar for 8 years now, my first guitar i owned was a slash les Paul epiphone and i sold it for a custom made jackson soloist, worst F***ing decision i ever made as far as music goes. aside from fitness and football, music is my other passion. when i left high school i went straight to TAFE and got myself a diploma in sound engineering, probably the best thing i did as far as music goes. Ive been teaching guitar at a local music store called guitar world and i have to say it was probably the best job Ive had in my life, but now I'm a design draftsman. teaching kids how to play they're favourite songs is a great feeling, and there were plenty of people that always wanted to give up cos it was "too hard" or they were just too lazy, some of em were really insecure about playing in front of people, i know i still feel like that some times but as i say if you don't get out there your not gonna get any better!. Ive played in about 6 bands since i left high school and the last band i was in was called belial. we ended up doing a show case in los angeles for fear factory and they tried to set up a deal with nuclear blast records in germany for us, it was a truly insane thing to be able to do that, but sadly i ended up hating the music i had created with them and fell out with the band and decided it was best if i split from the group. basically i came to the decision that i didn't like death metal any more. I'm glad this thread came up, i wasn't sure if there would be any other muso's on the forum.
      Anyway enough of me ill answer the question now Court. i find the best website to get lessons and tabs is as County Rd said is Ultimate-guitar.com they always have good tabs. also it has guitar pro tabs on there. Now mate personally i think its all down to what type of player you want to become, if you want to become a virtuoso then i would say take as many lessons as you can! take flamenco lessons, classical lessons, and normal lessons where you'll learn your favourite tunes and scales and theory. but if you just want to be a rocker then id say do the whole self taught thing, its probably the best way to go and its cheaper ;) you will develop your own style by doing this quicker as well. If you decide to teach yourself then i would most definitely recommend downloading the latest Guitar Pro package off of the official guitar pro product website, sorry i cant remember what it is. but you get a free trial downloadable pack on there and it lasts about 30 days, but if you do this all you have to do is download the crack code for it and you'll have the program for free! i think i got mine off of limewire. Guitar Pro is a great way to hear and see how a song is played, also you learn how to write real music notation and tabs for your own songs so you wont forget your awesome riffs! ;)
      you see music is a language and the more you have in your vocabulary the better your going to be so if your really keen on learning how to play an instrument then i would advise anyone to get proper lessons form all different styles of music and then try and develop your own influence into it.

If any one wants to know anything about guitar or music then I'm always more than happy to help where ever i can, just give me a mesage :D

Bloody hell Dobbs that's a story to behold!

I've got Guitar Pro 5.2, it's a useful little program.  Plays the tab instead of having to read it and imagine how it sounds!

Www.arronwestlake.bebo.com

Court, those power chords you're learning will make ya look ten times better at guitar, power chords are great! Ya should learn a few Greenday songs, a lot of of them use powerchords that could help ya! And try and learn All The Small Things by Blink 182!

They're class.  :D

Yeah I play the power chords to that type of rock genre.  I mostly play 30 Seconds To Mars because they are really, really easy.

I'll check out your bebo now mate.

I think it's about time we gave Court some serious requests. We might have a potential LFC Reds guitar legend here.

I'll go first. The guitar solo bit from Pink Floyds 'Comfortably Numb'  ;)

F***ing hell that sounds solid.  But I'll have a go ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #14: Mar 31, 2008 01:41:57 pm
      I'm not as nifty with all the solos as I am with the rythym (chords and such like)! Probably because my guitar hasn't been that good (basic learner which doesn't let you grab hold of the solos and make them sound amazing!)

My next guitar will probably sort me for that! :D Getting something along the same lines as this...

... which is much better than my learner Strat! Might get the strings changed in the next couple of weeks though, just to tide me over until my 21st! :D
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #15: Apr 01, 2008 11:00:37 pm

Didn't know you play rhythm Violin.  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #16: Apr 01, 2008 11:12:59 pm
      Didn't know you play rhythm Violin.  ;)

Gorgeous guitar though Court, you must say! ;)

Prefer the bulkier guitars too! And the colour! ;) I keep playing me Strat just wishing it were something else! I'm actually going to Walton Vale tomorrow to buy a cracking acoustic for about £75! Built in tuner and the strings are perfect for the way I play! :D Me mates got the same one, but the only other colour I seen was electric Blue! :-\ Might hold out for the Red one! ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #17: Apr 01, 2008 11:17:14 pm
      Gorgeous guitar though Court, you must say! ;)

Prefer the bulkier guitars too! And the colour! ;) I keep playing me Strat just wishing it were something else! I'm actually going to Walton Vale tomorrow to buy a cracking acoustic for about £75! Built in tuner and the strings are perfect for the way I play! :D Me mates got the same one, but the only other colour I seen was electric Blue! :-\ Might hold out for the Red one! ;)

I must say!  I don't like the Violin prints on it though  :-\

Electric blue eh.  Just hold out for the Red one you tart ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #18: Apr 01, 2008 11:24:27 pm
      I must say!  I don't like the Violin prints on it though  :-\

Electric blue eh.  Just hold out for the Red one you tart ;)

Violin prints? They're F holes them! On posh Acoustics! ;)

And holding that guitar makes you feel like a God! :D

If I can't spot the Red one anytime soon, I'll get black or brown! Just customise it! ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #19: Apr 01, 2008 11:37:47 pm
      Violin prints? They're F holes them! On posh Acoustics! ;)

And holding that guitar makes you feel like a God! :D

If I can't spot the Red one anytime soon, I'll get black or brown! Just customise it! ;)

I've spotted a few bands using that Guitar like.  Foo's, Queens of The Stone Age.  ;)

I just want a bloody huge amp now!  15W does you for a while but it's not tore the house down yet!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #20: Apr 01, 2008 11:46:39 pm
      I've spotted a few bands using that Guitar like.  Foo's, Queens of The Stone Age.  ;)

I just want a bloody huge amp now!  15W does you for a while but it's not tore the house down yet!

Well I'm getting me acoustic this week! When I've moved back into me Mam's, I'll need something to play as the Strat is just nice to look at now! It's deteriorated! :-\

For me 21st I'm buying the semi-acoustic and me mates are buying me a 50W! 8) That'll be fun, I've been testing out amps and none have dissapointed so far! ;) I can't lose! :D
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #21: Apr 15, 2008 09:36:50 pm
      Come on Nando lad.  Get yourself in a band!  ;)

paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #22: Apr 15, 2008 09:37:57 pm
      Come on Nando lad.  Get yourself in a band!  ;)

Lmao My mate sent me this a while ago. Shyte guitar mind.

Quick Reply