Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

The Guitarist Thread

Read 35729 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: The Guitarist Thread
      Reply #23: Apr 15, 2008 09:40:24 pm
      Ay I bet he paid a bomb for it as well.  I prefer the Les Pauls TBH!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #24: Apr 15, 2008 09:44:27 pm
      I've spotted a few bands using that Guitar like.  Foo's, Queens of The Stone Age.  ;)

I just want a bloody huge amp now!  15W does you for a while but it's not tore the house down yet!

I've just got a new amp court. 100 Watt Marshall with built in effects and OD1 and OD2, footswitch included :)

Currently playing a Black Mexican Fnder Telecaster. Although I'm after a Black Gretsch, can't remember the exact name though.

I've got the whole of Sweet Child of Mine learn't! Tis hard work the whole song. If you want a buzz Court try the intro to Plug in Baby by Muse ;)
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2008 09:46:31 pm by paulrobbo »
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #25: Apr 15, 2008 09:49:23 pm
      I've just got a new amp court. 100 Watt Marshall with built in effects and OD1 and OD2, footswitch included :)

Currently playing a Black Mexican Fnder Telecaster. Although I'm after a Black Gretsch, can't remember the exact name though.

I've got the whole of Sweet Child of Mine learn't! Tis hard work the whole song. If you want a buzz Court try the intro to Plug in Baby by Muse ;)

f***in' hell mate.  How much did that cost you?  Marshalls aint cheap!

I can do the intro spot on for Sweet Child but I'm sh*te at solo's at the mo!  I'll have a go at Plug in Baby.  I'll just download the tab now mate!!

I do like the Fender Telecasters cos' they're propper old school!! :D

Just learnt the intro to Michael Jackons beat it.  That gave me a huge buzz!!  :D :D
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #26: Apr 15, 2008 10:12:34 pm
      f***in' hell mate.  How much did that cost you?  Marshalls aint cheap!

I can do the intro spot on for Sweet Child but I'm sh*te at solo's at the mo!  I'll have a go at Plug in Baby.  I'll just download the tab now mate!!

I do like the Fender Telecasters cos' they're propper old school!! :D

Just learnt the intro to Michael Jackons beat it.  That gave me a huge buzz!!  :D :D

My marshall was £240. Got it from Dawsons but you can get them so much cheaper on the net mate. Try sites like www.dolphinmusic.co.uk and www.imusicain.co.uk for marshalls. Depending on how into it you are you might want to try out some pedals as well.

Them power chords you're doing by the way:

x

They're always the same notes as long as thy're 2 frets apart. Although this only applies to the bottom two strings (the one above is G#/Ab). Just a neat little trick to use. Helps you find notes on the higher strings.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2008 10:26:49 pm by paulrobbo »
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #27: Apr 16, 2008 12:47:51 pm
      I have a band and I sing and play the guitars. :)

I agree Court, Fender Telescaters are the ultimate dream machines!

I started out with guitar tabs off the net and Guitar Pro 5 too, they're a real help! Cool to know someone on here who's into these as well heh
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #28: Apr 16, 2008 02:25:22 pm
      If you want a buzz Court try the intro to Plug in Baby by Muse ;)

Done and dusted that one! ;) And I don't even solo, just thought I'd learn that! :D (I've got Muse on at the minute funny enough! ???)

Marshall amp? Jammy get! :P I was in Dawson's the other day, had a go of a 100W with an Epiphone version of the guitar am getting! Excellent stuff, made up for you fella!
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #29: Apr 16, 2008 02:28:52 pm
      I have a band and I sing and play the guitars. :)

I agree Court, Fender Telescaters are the ultimate dream machines!

I started out with guitar tabs off the net and Guitar Pro 5 too, they're a real help! Cool to know someone on here who's into these as well heh

No wonder you've not been on the forum.  Have you been touring or what?  ;)

Guitar Pro is helping me 1 million times more than when I was just looking at tabs!
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #30: Apr 16, 2008 02:29:44 pm
      I think I've fallen in love...

LINK
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #31: Apr 16, 2008 02:33:01 pm
      No wonder you've not been on the forum.  Have you been touring or what?  ;)

Guitar Pro is helping me 1 million times more than when I was just looking at tabs!

Where can you get Guitar Pro from lad? Tried a download but it didn't work! >:(
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #32: Apr 16, 2008 02:47:39 pm
      Where can you get Guitar Pro from lad? Tried a download but it didn't work! >:(

;)

I'm well after that B.C Mockingbird.  Slash uses it sometimes as well which is even more tempting!  :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #33: Apr 16, 2008 03:00:55 pm
      ;)

I'm well after that B.C Mockingbird.  Slash uses it sometimes as well which is even more tempting!  :D

I'm after anything at the minute! Got me acoustic, which I'm chuffed about! Been annoying me Mam with Howie Day and Foo Fighters since I've been home! Not a bad blend I must say! :D

Cheers fella! :)
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2008 03:05:09 pm by County_Rd_Kopite »
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #34: Apr 16, 2008 03:26:33 pm
      I've been annoyin' the whole house rippin' out a bit of Michael Jacksons Beat It ;)

I also tempted on a black electro acoustic like!  Sometimes I'm in the mood to rip it up on the electric an then the next I'm in the acoustic chilled mood.  So that definitely needs sorting :D
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #35: Apr 16, 2008 03:43:34 pm
      I've been annoyin' the whole house rippin' out a bit of Michael Jacksons Beat It ;)

I also tempted on a black electro acoustic like!  Sometimes I'm in the mood to rip it up on the electric an then the next I'm in the acoustic chilled mood.  So that definitely needs sorting :D

Mines just a normal acoustic but I want an electro acoustic as well as me semi-acoustic! Am a greedy get, can't help it! :D

I've been playing In The Sun - Howie Day and Collide - Howie Day! Both very very chilled out songs!
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #36: Oct 15, 2008 10:18:00 am
      BUMP.

Nearly a year since I've been playing, still a lot to learn but I'm 100 times better than what I was 6 months a go.

I'm looking in to customizing my Epiphone Les Paul with new Pick-ups (Gibson one's!) And I want a new AMP too. 

Been buying a few TAB books recently from the City Centre, last one I bought was Fall Out Boy  - From Under The Cork Tree.

Just felt this this topic was a bit neglected.  ;)
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #37: Oct 15, 2008 07:13:06 pm
      BUMP.

Nearly a year since I've been playing, still a lot to learn but I'm 100 times better than what I was 6 months a go.

I'm looking in to customizing my Epiphone Les Paul with new Pick-ups (Gibson one's!) And I want a new AMP too. 

Been buying a few TAB books recently from the City Centre, last one I bought was Fall Out Boy  - From Under The Cork Tree.

Just felt this this topic was a bit neglected.  ;)

:D Swerve the books mate! Ultimate-guitar.com ;) No, I've got a few books meself. In Your Honour being the main one!

I'm a thousand times better! 3 years (from the 2nd of October) I've been playing! Such a good pass time!
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #38: Oct 15, 2008 09:26:41 pm
      :D Swerve the books mate! Ultimate-guitar.com ;) No, I've got a few books meself. In Your Honour being the main one!

I'm a thousand times better! 3 years (from the 2nd of October) I've been playing! Such a good pass time!

I've got loads of Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and Stone Roses books. But I use ultimate-guitar or tab it myself mostly.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #39: Oct 16, 2008 10:57:44 am
      I've got loads of Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and Stone Roses books. But I use ultimate-guitar or tab it myself mostly.

:D I'm not that good yet. I figured out a few songs but it's usually because of a similarity with a tab I've looked up ::)

Recently I've got a bit better at me solos and picking. I've already mastered me chords and rythym so I'm wellying it at the minute. Songs off Because of The Times (Kings of Leon) are really good to use if anyone needs to sharpen up if they haven't practiced much.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Me playing the guitar - not very good
      Reply #40: Jan 02, 2009 03:49:47 pm
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruY1Aw7-CHM#noexternalembed
      Just wanted to know what you guys think of this :P The sound isn't that all nice but can still be heard at least.
      and no I WASNT crying.
      « Last Edit: Jan 02, 2009 04:03:55 pm by Ad »
      Reepicheep
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,092 posts | 40 
      Re: Me playing the guitar - not very good
      Reply #41: Jan 02, 2009 03:53:35 pm
      Very impressive. I tried to learn guitar a few years ago but I could never get my fingers into position fast enough.  :laugh:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #42: Jan 02, 2009 03:54:03 pm
      Ad, I think it sounds great !!

Better than what I could do.   ;) :D

CRK is your man for guitar music, he'll probably comment on it if he sees this thread  ;)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #43: Jan 02, 2009 03:57:06 pm
      Thanks guys, notice the Liverpool jersey ;) ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #44: Jan 02, 2009 03:57:11 pm
      Clapton lives on !!!!!!!!!!!!  ;D

Nice one Ad  ;)

Thanks guys, notice the Liverpool jersey ;) ;D

First thing I spotted  :laugh:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #45: Jan 02, 2009 06:40:55 pm
      That's pretty good that.

Reckon you and CRK have a guitar face off.

Quick Reply