Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

UEFA: Liverpool 'not worst fans' in Europe (after Platini update)

Read 19634 times
      Cork City FC
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      • Cork City FC - The Rebel Army
      Re: UEFA: Liverpool 'not worst fans' in Europe (after Platini update)
      Reply #69: Jun 09, 2007 12:35:40 pm
      Cork. You're not a Liverpool supporter. You probably have no hope of ever supporting you're team in a European Cup Final. So,

at Istanbul GENUINE tickets were on sale outside the ground for face value - £40, £50.

How on earth can you blame Liverpool fans for unknowingly buying forgeries for around £300 / £400?
      The eircom League of Ireland and Cork City have taken strides in Europe over the past couple of years, so I am in hope that I will cheer my team on in the Champions League Final, someday. But I know that's not the point your trying to make.

I did not know that genuine tickets were on sale outside the stadium in Istanbul for face value. And I apologise to the Liverpool fans who I have blamed if they had unknowingly bought fake tickets. But, people were warned that forgeries would be on sale for a couple of hundred pounds.
      1. Firstly you have to support a club that actually gets into European Finals to aspire to be the best..
      That's not nessecarily true. What about the fans that spend a lot of money and organize big displays but did not make a European Final?

2. Plastic flags handed out at a Euro semi doesn't make you great fans, it was a cheap stunt that lacked class.
      I agree with this. I would expect a game of such magnitude to ahve something better, since they have a lot of fans surely they could have afforded much more.
      RED1028
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,392 posts | 92 
      • LFC - YNWA
      Re: UEFA: Liverpool 'not worst fans' in Europe (after Platini update)
      Reply #70: Jun 09, 2007 01:06:54 pm
      Quote from: RED1028 on Today at 02:13:23
      1. Firstly you have to support a club that actually gets into European Finals to aspire to be the best..

That's not nessecarily true. What about the fans that spend a lot of money and organize big displays but did not make a European Final?
      It is an easy way to wind a chav up - They can go round shouting worst fans in Europe to someone who supports the best British team in Europe with the best support as was evident from the thousands that turn up and payed up then, unless they know the true facts, they are obviously talking sh*te.

And before you say anything else on the subject I will - there were those who didn't get a chance to pay up but not for the want of being there and trying. Frustration got the better of those who did pay up and couldn't get in - and who can blame them (seems like everyone not supporting LFC >:()
      Frustration also got the better of those who wanted to pay up but couldn't and a minority who cheated other fans at the risk of their own morales should be truly ashamed of themselves and the bad attention they brought to Liverpool FC and it fans as a collective.

There is not really a lot more to say, they are the facts and decent people can see that quite clearly. I pity those who can't.

Quick Reply