Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Wanted: Left Back...Dossena?

Read 6097 times
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Re: Wanted: Left Back...Dossena?
      Reply #23: Mar 16, 2010 01:28:35 am
      Daniel Agger at LB? I sometimes wonder how much people really watch football on this forum. Can that really be a serious suggestion? A lumbering 6'3 defender with strength, who is great in the air. Yer lets take him out of his position and put him at LB, and why? the only reason I can see is that he is left footed. Just ludicrous.
      Gilly?
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 39 posts |
      • I slappa da bass!
      Reply #24: Mar 16, 2010 03:28:14 am
      Set about Taiwo instantly.

Taiwo recieves the ball... WHACK... Goalkeeper breaks his face.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #25: Mar 16, 2010 10:22:00 am
      Daniel Agger at LB? I sometimes wonder how much people really watch football on this forum. Can that really be a serious suggestion? A lumbering 6'3 defender with strength, who is great in the air. Yer lets take him out of his position and put him at LB, and why? the only reason I can see is that he is left footed. Just ludicrous.

Add good going forward to that.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Mar 16, 2010 10:50:06 am
      Agger's played as a roaming central defender down the left before and with success.

He has the game to do so if we need. Unfortunately, Insua may have to keep going as we need Agger to play in the centre with Carragher the Calamitous.
      Jase
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,287 posts |
      Reply #27: Mar 16, 2010 01:57:46 pm
      Agree, we need a left  back desperately, especially with Aurelio being injured a lot, and out of contract at the end of the season. Stevie Warnock would have been perfect at the moment.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Mar 16, 2010 08:46:21 pm
      We'd be better off with no left back at all than Dossena back at the club.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #29: Mar 17, 2010 03:29:54 pm
      We'd be better off with no left back at all than Dossena back at the club.

I think people are assuming that I'd like Dossena here, I was simply wondering; given the the horrid time Insua is having at the moment, would it have made sense to sell Dossena and bring a left back at the same time? By no means am I suggesting Dossena was the answer to our left back problems. But we need one at the moment...
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #30: Mar 17, 2010 05:41:17 pm
      I don't think anyone was suggesting that it would be better to play D'Agger at LB than CB as such, it's just that with Carra, Skrtel and Sotis all fit, moving him to LB could be an option if we're struggling. I wouldn't describe him as 'lumbering' either, he's actually pretty mobile and that's why he's good going forward.
      My personal preference at LB is still Aurelio.
      SpionKop88
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 783 posts | 11 
      • We see things they'll NEVER see!!!
      Reply #31: Mar 17, 2010 07:43:23 pm
      Should never got rid of Riise so fast after one poor season

I was shocked to say the least when JAR left, he was a magnificent servant to the club, and scored quite a lot of important goals as well. If he stayed, we wouldnt have had to buy Dossena, and Insua would be learning off a pro of how the LB position should be played.
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #32: Mar 17, 2010 07:45:25 pm
      We've got a left back.

Glen Johnson.

Martin Kelly looks a prospect at right back.  I thought he was the best player on the pitch against Lyon and he did well when he came on tonight.

I actually started another topic about radical tactical changes and Glen Johnson at Lb with Kelly at Rb was one of the major points. Cant see why for 17m he cant play down the left at least for the foreseeable future as an option..

And delighted to see someone of Jd's stature on the board agreeing with me :)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33: Mar 17, 2010 07:46:48 pm
      Something must be done in this position Insua is woefull, Warnock and JAR were miles better players. I fear for Insua on Sunday
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #34: Mar 17, 2010 08:17:25 pm
      All that good overlap of Insua don't count?
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #35: Mar 17, 2010 08:21:46 pm

I don't agree with you. Even Agger has offered to play left back in the past. This season IMA
      Esoteric Mist
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 577 posts | -5 
      Reply #36: Mar 18, 2010 03:02:23 am
      The last 2 games Dossena played he was very good.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      Reply #37: Mar 22, 2010 02:21:29 pm
      I think yesterdays match reminded us the need for a quality left back. I mean, we can't play attacking wingers because we have to protect our left back? That's not right. We should have left back capable of handling himself. Ronaldo never used to run back to defend and there was no real issue with United's fullbacks. So what the crust is going on with us? After Insua who's next down the line?

Quick Reply