Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Fernando Torres
      (29.1%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (5.2%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (31.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (4.5%)
      Pepe Reina
      (23.9%)

Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief

Read 58624 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Re: Man Utd 2-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match debrief
      Reply #874: Mar 22, 2010 09:44:07 am
      There goes my opening line fazza ya b*ll*cks. I picked a fine week to stop drinking.

The wrong time to give up ciggies as well mate but so far so good.
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #875: Mar 22, 2010 09:46:03 am
      Note: Use the modify button. Looks weird when you talk to yourself three times.

Did Pelligrino set out the tactics again?  :lmao:
      LFC-Red
      • Banned

• 553 posts | 15 
      • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.
      Reply #876: Mar 22, 2010 09:46:49 am

Ah, you quitter.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #877: Mar 22, 2010 10:08:20 am

Gave them up too. Worst hangover ever this morning. I blame the not drinking and not smoking. Oh and having to listen to mancs all afternoon
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #878: Mar 22, 2010 10:32:01 am
      My honest reaction to the game is that it wasn't pretty, I think its pretty obvious Howard Webb is a manc and that was never a penalty. However after our goal, I don’t think we had another shot on target in the game and it seemed at one point like we were looking to hold on for the draw. I don't think the scum outplayed us but I just don’t think we were good enough. All credit to Carragher who I thought had a fantastic game and we went for the attacking option late on but it was too late.

I am pretty gutted because neither team really deserved anything but a point but I just think at times we werent in the game or creative enough!

But we may be falling behind but believe for 4th, I honestly think Aquilani in midfield is essential to get 4th
      RyanBabs
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,145 posts | 39 
      • London town is burning down
      Reply #879: Mar 22, 2010 11:13:29 am
      I just saw it on SSN I missed the first half but that was a Dive no word of a lie, that was a dive!.

Can't believe it.

Torres goal was amazing, just saw his run and he shuffled in and out of the box and bang top corner.

Andy gray saying this:

" Look at where he is and look at that top finish, from one of the top finishers in the world "

Well thanks Andy Gray but I still don't like you
      Istvan Kozma
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 165 posts | 31 
      Reply #880: Mar 22, 2010 11:49:52 am
      My honest reaction to the game is that it wasn't pretty, I think its pretty obvious Howard Webb is a manc and that was never a penalty. However after our goal, I don’t think we had another shot on target in the game and it seemed at one point like we were looking to hold on for the draw. I don't think the scum outplayed us but I just don’t think we were good enough. All credit to Carragher who I thought had a fantastic game and we went for the attacking option late on but it was too late.

I am pretty gutted because neither team really deserved anything but a point but I just think at times we werent in the game or creative enough!

But we may be falling behind but believe for 4th, I honestly think Aquilani in midfield is essential to get 4th

Rafa should have went for it with regards to the formation, instead he went for the safe option in Lucas & Mascherano.  Fair enough, but when it's not working and we need goals i think we sometimes need to change tact much quicker i.e. Mascherano was on a booking so when we we're 2-1 down and chasing the game why not take him off and replace him with Aquilani?  Maxi went a bit stale (understandably) after taking a bang to the head, why not get Babel on straight away? - a player who we've seen hit a run of form of late.  I think our three attacking players (Aquilani, Babel, and Benayoun) should have been brought off the bench much sooner, while at least two of them should have started the game.  Regardless, a draw would have been a fair result.  Those t*ats are now in driving seat to overhaul our league titles.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #881: Mar 22, 2010 12:08:02 pm
      I just saw it on SSN I missed the first half but that was a Dive no word of a lie, that was a dive!.

Can't believe it.

Torres goal was amazing, just saw his run and he shuffled in and out of the box and bang top corner.

Andy gray saying this:

" Look at where he is and look at that top finish, from one of the top finishers in the world "

Well thanks Andy Gray but I still don't like you
      The pr**k has gotta say that because it's an undisputed fact and he just repeats parrot fashion what he reads in the rags and given the fact that Sir Alcho would sign him without hesitation the nobhead is comfortable with the comment - the poisonous F***ing dwarf.
      vik94
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 403 posts |
      Reply #882: Mar 22, 2010 12:11:12 pm
      Fergie is increasing debt by continuously paying the refs.hope Webb's happy
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #883: Mar 22, 2010 12:20:02 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #884: Mar 22, 2010 12:23:21 pm
      Did Pelligrino set out the tactics again?  :lmao:
      What are you on about?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #885: Mar 22, 2010 12:47:26 pm
      Just something I remembered about the match - did anybody notice Carragher shove Mascherano when the penalty was awarded?

There's something that I really don't like about Jamie at times.

Yes, it was a bit stupid on Javier's part but at the same time - Carra has been making stupid mistakes all season.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #886: Mar 22, 2010 12:57:15 pm
      All I want now is to see the back of this season.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #887: Mar 22, 2010 01:10:29 pm
      I f***in hate mancs, and after yesterday's result I just want to stick neville's head down the f***n toliet and keep flushing. And Webb is so far up fergie's f*** arse he almost is on a par with andy gray.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #888: Mar 22, 2010 01:10:44 pm
      Just something I remembered about the match - did anybody notice Carragher shove Mascherano when the penalty was awarded?

There's something that I really don't like about Jamie at times.

Yes, it was a bit stupid on Javier's part but at the same time - Carra has been making stupid mistakes all season.

Saw that. Should have pushed Insua while he was at it and then had a go at Lucas before imploding
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #889: Mar 22, 2010 01:44:55 pm
      Rafa claims that Sir Alcho influenced the ref and Valencia dived - these facts are so embarrassingly obvious and the FA will no doubt take issue with the manager for daring to question the outrageous decisions taken by the biased official masquerading as a referee.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #890: Mar 22, 2010 01:59:07 pm
      So frustrated after yesterdays game because we had them, we really had them!
      After admittedly being a bit miffed if not surprised at the dropping of Babel and Aqualani who even if he has had another virus was still sat on the bench so in my mind was fit to play I did still harbour optimism that we could again turn over the Red nosed one and his band of Orcs (you want to see Rooney in HD Im sorry I got it now!)

I thought we pinged it about quite well and even got a good early goal to build on but to then go on and shoot ourselves in the foot was frustrating beyond words, was it just me who screamed at the telly for Masch to leave him, leave him! As Billy Elliot sorry Valencia pranced in to the box to complete his mission, Carra giving Masch a dressing down for the offence said it all even if in his defence he was only trying to give him a Chinese burn.

After drawing level I still think we bossed the first half with the Mancs chances mainly coming about due to our own daft mistakes but the worrying lack of shots on target did say to me we did tend to deliver good work from the defence to the middle of the park as anything forward just seemed to fizzle out.

Second half is my main gripe, no ambition, no desire and frankly no idea as it became abundantly clear Rafa had employed his lets hold onto what we have and maybe we will grab a winner tactics. These tactics can be useful yes but surely not when your opponents are running round without any creativity of their own, they where there to be shot at and we let them off the hook, just look at the closing minutes when we had a go at them and they went into panic mode I just feel a lot more could have been done to force on to a victory.

Reina was superb again and frankly never put a hand wrong, Insua’s inclusion did worry me from the start after his exploits against Wigan the other week and I think the Red nosed one did what we all dreaded and exposed the shaky youngster to a pacy winger but frankly the lack of support he got from Maxi was shocking considering that is why he dropped Babel in the first place.
      Who the hell was that at right back? ‘Hello my names Glen and ive got Dementia!’ Johnson looked like he had never played a game in his life and as for physical challenges he pulled out more than a fella using the rhythm method! I do hope it was a case of him finding his way back and not the threat of losing a trip to South Africa through injury that was affecting him. Agger seemed to forget how to defend and instead just copied everything Carra did, even to the extent of pumping the ball to Torres when he had three players wrapped around him.

Midfield was none existent second half as our wingers seemed to get lonely and come into the middle again and so get in the way of the under performing Lucas (no not him I hear you cry) and Masch. Torres was an angry man on a mission and scored a goal that quite honestly if Rooney had got it Andy Gray would have proposed to him and eloped with the potato headed one, granted Nando got more frustrated but I put that down to the shenanigans going on behind him.

And so to the part I didn’t want to get to Steven Gerrard, where was he? Stevie hasn’t had many good games against the big clubs but this season more worryingly he is now producing that sort of non descript performance against lower ones as well, I know we have high standards because of all he has done in the past but I cant help wondering is it now time for him to move on for the best interests of the club and of course his own. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say ‘I have done all I can, its now time to do something for me’ yes it would hurt to see him have success somewhere else but the staleness of his game just leads me to believe he just isn’t enjoying playing for us anymore, then again who is at the moment?
      Its not a knee jerk reaction its an honest unbiased red glasses off assessment of a player who is already a legend at Anfield, if his form is down to something or somebody else then I hope he can pick it up and regain some of his truly outstanding play because he just doesn’t look happy no matter how harsh you may feel I am being.

On the whole I thought we played okay yesterday but what really disappoints is the fact that just playing okay was nearly enough to beat a team fighting for the title.

Is Fergie Morphing into a reincarnation of WC Fields? ???
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #891: Mar 22, 2010 02:04:02 pm
      A pleasure as always to read Glenbuck. +
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #892: Mar 22, 2010 02:13:23 pm

Midfield was none existent second half as our wingers seemed to get lonely and come into the middle again and so get in the way of the under performing Lucas (no not him I hear you cry) and Masch. Torres was an angry man on a mission and scored a goal that quite honestly if Rooney had got it Andy Gray would have proposed to him and eloped with the potato headed one, granted Nando got more frustrated but I put that down to the shenanigans going on behind him.

And so to the part I didn’t want to get to Steven Gerrard, where was he? Stevie hasn’t had many good games against the big clubs but this season more worryingly he is now producing that sort of non descript performance against lower ones as well, I know we have high standards because of all he has done in the past but I cant help wondering is it now time for him to move on for the best interests of the club and of course his own. Sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say ‘I have done all I can, its now time to do something for me’ yes it would hurt to see him have success somewhere else but the staleness of his game just leads me to believe he just isn’t enjoying playing for us anymore, then again who is at the moment?
      Its not a knee jerk reaction its an honest unbiased red glasses off assessment of a player who is already a legend at Anfield, if his form is down to something or somebody else then I hope he can pick it up and regain some of his truly outstanding play because he just doesn’t look happy no matter how harsh you may feel I am being.

On the whole I thought we played okay yesterday but what really disappoints is the fact that just playing okay was nearly enough to beat a team fighting for the title.

Totally agree with your post Glenbuk, until you got the Gerrard situation mate as I think Gerrards form is also suffering due to the non existent midfield and the shenanigans going on behind him, bearing in mind a forward is only as good as the service he receives from midfield.

You only have to go back to the game against Portsmouth where you see both Stevie and Torres both playing with a smile on their face and terrifying the opposition defense due the service they were receiving.

In contrast throw Masch and Lucas together in the midfield and we lose that ability to create chances and play flowing football, I've been saying this all season long and I stand by it, I also believe that both Torres and Gerrards form are directly affected by their partnership.

The rest of your post I feel is %100 spot on mate and we should have went for the jugular as United were on the ropes when put under pressure.
      Scott Barton
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,552 posts |
      Reply #893: Mar 22, 2010 02:15:46 pm

agreed, wtf springs to mind
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #894: Mar 22, 2010 02:47:52 pm
      Good post Glen but regarding the last statement about WC Fields and Sir Alcho the two are light years apart the old drunkard is a sour faced cynic lacking one iota of humour and WC Fields is fun and entertainment personified I know who I'd rather spend an hour with.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #895: Mar 22, 2010 02:49:47 pm
      I did notice that. Was out of line that.

How many oggies and penalties has Carra given away in the last 18 months - I didn't see anyone doing that to him.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #896: Mar 22, 2010 02:50:12 pm

Spot on. You're not being harsh at all mate. It's plain to see this season and yesterday was another alarming example. His body language has been worryingly not right this season. I hope and believe he can turn it around and be his immense best for us next season.

You only have to go back to the game against Portsmouth where you see both Stevie and Torres both playing with a smile on their face and terrifying the opposition defense due the service they were receiving.

In contrast throw Masch and Lucas together in the midfield and we lose that ability to create chances and play flowing football, I've been saying this all season long and I stand by it, I also believe that both Torres and Gerrards form are directly affected by their partnership.

This is also true but it doesn't make Gerrard hesitate on a shot and then casually lose the ball in front of the mancs box mate. It's the little things like that, that don't fit. That is not the Gerrard we know and love. He's been one of our own for many years now and just like a member of your family, you notice if their behaviour changes.

Quick Reply