Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Realistic targets

Read 6607 times
      Olkien
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 19 posts |
      Realistic targets
      May 19, 2006 06:26:07 pm
      Of all the names mentioned which ones do you honestly think are realistic?

Alves - Possibly looking for a better weekly wage. Plus difficult to compete with barca. Also not really a right winger, more natural at RB

Defoe - Strong possiblity. factor in; Jol ruins his england chances, signing berbatov, trying to sign cole

Bellamy - Really? Rafa is legendary for checking character and this bloke's is definately suspect plus he is still to face assault charges i think

Torres - No chance. craptalk is beating this drum but surely it is just wishful thinking. If he decides to leave everyone will be after him and the price will be £20m +

SWP - I think moronho is to bitter and pathetic to let this happen even if we offered more. But then he doesn't think we can challenge does he

Bent - Strong possibility. Charlton will need to get realistic though.
      Nazir
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Re: Realistic targets
      Reply #1: May 19, 2006 08:06:02 pm
      Quote from: Olkien
      Of all the names mentioned which ones do you honestly think are realistic?

Alves - Possibly looking for a better weekly wage. Plus difficult to compete with barca. Also not really a right winger, more natural at RB

Defoe - Strong possiblity. factor in; Jol ruins his england chances, signing berbatov, trying to sign cole

Bellamy - Really? Rafa is legendary for checking character and this bloke's is definately suspect plus he is still to face assault charges i think

Torres - No chance. craptalk is beating this drum but surely it is just wishful thinking. If he decides to leave everyone will be after him and the price will be £20m +

SWP - I think moronho is to bitter and pathetic to let this happen even if we offered more. But then he doesn't think we can challenge does he

Bent - Strong possibility. Charlton will need to get realistic though.

[I think that Raffa will sign 2 or perhaps 3 new players, but I feel that atleast 1 if not 2 of the players that he signs will be a total surprise. I also think that he has his targets firmly in mind and the chances are that behind the scenes some work is already going on to sign these players. Raffa is very keen on players with strong characters and those with desires to play for him/Liverpool and not merely after a fat pay packet. From your list perhaps he may go for Alves, others I am not sure..

Defoe, why do we want him? He couldn't command a regular place in an average Totenham side.

Bent, only if Raffa thinks that he has it in him to step up to a next level.

SWP, please no.....! If he is not good enough for them, he certainly isn't good enough for us. He should have signed for before he went there.

Bellamy, in tabloids for wrong reasons and publicly disagreeing with his manager. Definite NO NO NO

Torres, too much money perhaps.
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #2: May 20, 2006 11:27:36 am
      Herd a rumour today that Harry Kewell is on his way to spurs with Defoe coming to us  :). Wouldn't mind Defoe but Harry's been playing alot better this season so not sure about a swap .
      Good old JC
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 289 posts | -1 
      Realistic targets
      Reply #3: May 20, 2006 12:56:50 pm
      send off crouch instead!!!
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #4: May 20, 2006 01:24:32 pm
      Don't care what anyone sez about crouch I wouldn't even let him carry the water bucket for the reserves.Same goes for nando. Would love to see Belamey even if he's got a bad temprement.Class goal scorer and thats what we need.
      MUAZZAM
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #5: May 20, 2006 01:44:51 pm
      i think torres will come for a swap for harry kewell and 5m on top,

gonzales will also come when he gets his work permit

defoe and rafa will not get on with each other

alves will come weekly pay

lusiao another cb we need
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #6: May 20, 2006 02:09:15 pm
      Could anyone really see torres wanting to come to us with all the so called bigger clubs intrested, his wage demands would be far to big for us i think.Oh and before anyone sez anything i KNOW were the biggest and best team on the planet. ;D
      Football Mental
      • Forum Youth Player

• 17 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #7: May 20, 2006 05:54:17 pm
      Is Crouch the secret weapon or that Walcot?  I reckon both might suprise us all in Germany!

---------------------------------------------------------
      WORLD CUP SONG:

http://www.myspace.com/11men
      rikki_RED4LIFE
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #8: May 21, 2006 08:41:50 pm
      RAFA waint lt kewell go es gid him too much time this season to let him go when he comes good

Id like the mighty reds sign these..

Defoe ( swap deal ) cisse

raul / ronaldo ( 10 mill ) real guna be lettin 1 go

SWP ( loan/ 15 mill ) ano jose wont want him to come to us but SWP will be gerrin very upset not playin and this could force jose

Matthew upson ( 3mill ) decent CB and now the brum are relegated  they cud be forced to sell INJURY PROBED VOE
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #9: May 21, 2006 08:53:16 pm
      rikki did you see Ian Wright at the cup final when asked if swp would be coming to liverpool he almost wet himself with delight,"I can't say nothing(giggle,giggle)but it would be great for him to play for them(giggle,giggle)
      I know moronio mightn't want to sell him to us but he may be forced to
      Nazir
      • Forum Youth Player

• 19 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #10: May 21, 2006 11:34:06 pm
      Quote from: rikki_RED4LIFE
      RAFA waint lt kewell go es gid him too much time this season to let him go when he comes good

Id like the mighty reds sign these..

Defoe ( swap deal ) cisse

raul / ronaldo ( 10 mill ) real guna be lettin 1 go

SWP ( loan/ 15 mill ) ano jose wont want him to come to us but SWP will be gerrin very upset not playin and this could force jose

Matthew upson ( 3mill ) decent CB and now the brum are relegated  they cud be forced to sell INJURY PROBED VOE

[Oh please nooo
      Defoe, if he is not good enough to play regularly for Spurs then how is good enough us?
      SWP, as much as I like him I think he made a blunder by going there in first place and now he can stay there. No way Raffa should pay 15m for some other team's reserve
      Upson, why do we need him? We got the best in Carra and Sami plus Agger and Pauletta on the way
      Raul/Ronaldo, fitness permitting and if either of them can recapture their form of say 3 years back then Yesss]
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #11: May 22, 2006 06:15:48 am
      Please not raul knowing our luck would just end up another nando,at least Defoe is a young lad with a good future ahead .think he's got to knuckle down and work hard to get back to how he was playing couple of seasons ago.
      JIMI
      • Forum David Johnson

• 232 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #12: May 22, 2006 06:26:34 am
      Upson - We don't need any more centre backs with the youngsters
      Rafa is blooding
      Raul - Not good enough for Real and defo not good enough for us plus
      would want to be the leader in the dressing room
      Fat (Ronaldo) Boy NO Thanks

So that leaves Defoe & SWP , well bring them on and let RAFA bless
      them with the great gift of playing for LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #13: May 22, 2006 06:59:00 am
      Another name being thrown about is that of Andy Johnson.We looked at him last year and he's still up for grabs a few clubs are in for him Bolton,them across the park and now even arsenal so could he do a job for us? he's quick and has an eye for goal so what you reckon? will rafa have a look or steer well clear.
      bambam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #14: May 25, 2006 06:07:34 am
      Dear All,

I am so enjoying these discussions about who is coming and who we would want at our club. Its certainly keeping me in the pub longer.

I think I would trust Rafa to make good buys, but I would have to say that I would probably be concerned if he bought in Bellamy. I say this because he has done very well to instill his own character onto the team.

The team conducts itself  in a way that Rafa conducts himself ie in interviews Rafa is always quiet, refined, dignified and controlled. I think the team is reflecting these characteristics even when we make impressive comebacks! and this leads the team to operate as a cohesive unit (a lot of the guys really disagree with me on this point but I believe it)  I think it is a testament to the man.

However if he bought in a character like Bellamy he would run  the serious risk of upsetting all of that and that would destroy the cohesivness of our team. I think most will agree that this cohesivness/togetherness is one of the greatest characteristics of our club and possibly our greatest strength.

From what I have heared in interviews and read the attitude that Rafa has generated in the club is that nobody is bigger that the team and nobody is bigger that the club. Bellamy "does his own thing". His inclusion in my view threatens all that and would really worry me.
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #15: May 25, 2006 06:32:01 am
      bambam very good and intresting point but from what has happend with bellamey over the last few seasons i think the lad has grown up a hell of a lot and with how rafa deals with the likes of cisse and his attitude i think he could maybe do the same with bellamey if he was to step out of line.but who knows?
      bambam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #16: May 25, 2006 07:04:41 am
      debever,

You're right mate, Rafa does deal with Cisse very well,

but I do think that Bellamy differs in a way that he is notorious outside of football, where as Cisse has only (to my knowledge) gained a certain notoriety inside the club.

Although this isnt always the case, the club does seem to heading back towards the time when it didnt matter what strife existed in the club, it stayed behind closed doors. this was a source of much of the team spirit and this philosophy seems to be reasserting itself in the club today. I take your point that Bellamy has grown up and come a long way, i also think he is a fantastic player but do you really think that he could conform in this environment?

I would be interested to know your thoughts.
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #17: May 25, 2006 07:10:41 am
      Think given his chance he would fit in nicely also he is a liverpool fan and think might help him be a good lad on and off the pitch as this could be his dream move. As for cisse don't forget that wife slapping and the young lad he smacked for pulling the funny faces at him so not everything is kept behind closed doors.
      bambam
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #18: May 25, 2006 07:13:48 am
      debever,

point taken mate.
      lee ed
      • Forum David Johnson

• 236 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #19: May 25, 2006 08:01:10 am
      ur right agian bev nice one m8 ;D ;D ;D  ;D
      terry
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 26 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #20: May 25, 2006 08:01:30 am
      Kuyt, has now asked liverpool to come and get him.......
      Defoe, a good player who needs a first team run...........
      Gonzales, looked good last night against the roi............

and why not play kewell or cisse on the right???
      debever2011
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #21: May 25, 2006 08:11:43 am
      Everyone seems to want kuyt at the moment and it's no wonder with the goal ratio he's got something like 70 odd goals in just over a 100 games, Bloody good if you ask me,would love him at our place and he's ugly so bound to be class just look at Rush and Fowler to name a few ;D
      REDLANCE
      • Forum Ian St John

• 451 posts |
      Realistic targets
      Reply #22: May 25, 2006 02:27:34 pm
      Everyone is raving over KUYT but didn't Kezman look good in that league as well, but to be honest I haven't seen that much of him Ithink Defoe could be a good option.As for players being fans it doesn't really matter some of LFC best players have been everton fans as kids

Quick Reply