Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Why was Dalglish snubbed?

Read 3892 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,944 posts | 5001 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Why was Dalglish snubbed?
      Reply #23: Jul 01, 2010 06:24:32 pm
      I for one is pleased Roy is here, He has plenty of experience and i'm confident he can take us forward, This is where our season starts and i hope people like Sammy Lee will stay and be a part of the new regime, Same goes for the top players and of course the abundance kids who are our future, the first thing Roy will do is to persuade the likes of Gerrard and Torres etc etc to stay and challenge for top honours , Last season we were sadly lacking in passion and because of injuries throughout the season had no momentum, All this going to change under Roy and we will see a totally different Liverpool this season, I dont think we are far away from where we want to be and thats at least a CL spot, Welcome to Anfield Roy, You'll Never Walk Alone.

IRoyWT    JFT96   

Johncolf
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 564 posts |
      Reply #24: Jul 01, 2010 07:33:48 pm
      If Kenny really wanted the job who had the right to deny him the chance to manage the club he loves deep in his heart ,the vilified owners are hiding away and have left their backstabbers (Broughton & Purslow ) to oversee things ,so either one of these buisnesmen has took the decision to refuse him the job to steer this club through rocky times .
      carheex
      • Banned

• 587 posts | -9 
      Reply #25: Jul 02, 2010 03:53:19 pm
      Martin Broughton said he told Dalglish that he was not a candidate .

Dalglish couldn't have been a candidate as he was jointly responsible for looking for a new manager. It would have been a massive conflict of interest if he came back to the board and said that HE was the best man for the job!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,704 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #26: Jul 02, 2010 07:16:05 pm
      I f***in hate the owners but they made a request for Deschamps. He isn't a type of manager that accepts everything. In the past he had records to step down from a club 'cos of the owners.

He wasn't snubbed.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: Jul 03, 2010 12:48:45 am
      I really think that Roy was the only man they really ever wanted. The rest were just back ups.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #28: Jul 03, 2010 02:09:46 am
      Because they wouldn't be able to walk all over him and went for someone they will be able to walk all over.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #29: Jul 03, 2010 02:12:18 am
      I just hope Kenny can stay on in some capacity & not feel like he has to leave and if he does leave, I expect a warts & all press release from him.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #30: Jul 03, 2010 02:15:05 am
      Because they wouldn't be able to walk all over him and went for someone they will be able to walk all over.

Modern polotics eh? makes ya sick, Kenny would have been a great manager and the right board would know that, christ we are no longer a successful football club but more like an potentially successful investment bank! and a poor 1 at that.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31: Jul 03, 2010 02:01:09 pm
      Woy has come out today in the Telegraph and said that even at risk to his own position at the club ....the club must be sold quickly.
      Link and article in the Take Over thread.
      He accepts that new owners could come in and want a different manager. He freely admits that he has a clause in his contract if that event happens.
      So you have to respect him, knowing that.

Now to Kenny.
      How would we fell if new owners sacked Hodgson for a new manager?
      How would we feel if new owners sacked Kenny?

Appointing Kenny now would and could have been a potential obstacle to a sale.
      We wouldn't have accepted it and a good bid might just walk away.
      The club has to be put in the best and most flexible position for a sale.

Woy has been appointed knowing that if he had to go... he would have to.

Makes sense?

Quick Reply