Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Rafa : I have no cash for a summer spree

Read 12163 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Rafa : I have no cash for a summer spree
      Reply #23: Mar 28, 2010 10:28:30 am
      For me it just highlights the transfer policy we work under, It's all cloak and dagger until the window closes, then the realism is you have just about broke evens or made a profit and that says it all, "It's no way to run a club with the history and tradition of ours, that have Domestic & European Ambitions, and theres only Two people to blame for that Rafael Benitez is not one of them"
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #24: Mar 29, 2010 03:12:37 am
      To be fair to the yanks,

They do fund him 17M for Johnson (Part payment etc is still considered asset), mind you that we have no hindsight at that time that we will be selling Alonso or Portmouth going bust.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Mar 29, 2010 08:40:20 am
      Anyone that claims that Rafa somehow has had an unprecidented budget to spend clearly has no idea what they are talking about
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #26: Mar 29, 2010 11:28:11 am

managed by a stubborn manager who has took us about 6 steps backwards in his time here after having more money to spend than any other manager we  have ever had .

I won't even waste my breath. ignorance personified.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #27: Mar 29, 2010 11:41:35 am
      Great news , the sad demise of this great club makes me sick , owned by Laurel & Hardy and managed by a stubborn manager who has took us about 6 steps backwards in his time here after having more money to spend than any other manager we have ever had.

Pure utter bullshit, Houllier had far more in a season to spend than Rafa ever has.

Was worked out on Radio last night, that he's had around £20 million a season to spend, and let's face it thats is money recouped by the man himself.

But with those six steps back, he's still managed to bring in success and a title challenge far more than Souness, Evans or Houllier did.

And Rafa's title-challenge was a lot closer than Ged's ever was!
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010 03:34:58 pm by HUYTON RED »
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #28: Mar 29, 2010 11:44:29 am
      To be fair to the yanks,

They do fund him 17M for Johnson (Part payment etc is still considered asset), mind you that we have no hindsight at that time that we will be selling Alonso or Portmouth going bust.

They funded F**k all mate, we have made a transfer profit this season.
      Hagbard
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 140 posts |
      • Che was a red
      Reply #29: Mar 29, 2010 12:01:12 pm
      In fact, Rafa's care in balancing the budget has reduced the deterioration in the financial situation at Anfield instigated when Little and Large bought the club by piling debt on Liverpool and placing us in hock to the bankers and other gobsh*tes.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #30: Mar 30, 2010 12:51:29 am
      They funded F**k all mate, we have made a transfer profit this season.
      Is correct Daz they have not parted with a cent, quite the reverse in that they have used monies generated by LFC to service their debts.
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John

• 438 posts |
      Reply #31: Mar 30, 2010 12:59:03 am
      Can I just say.  It doesn't say he's not getting much money. It reads that whether we finish 4th or not he will still have roughly the same budget.
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #32: Mar 30, 2010 01:28:01 am
      Dirt bag yankee doodles out now. I never had a problem with yanks till those steaming turds took over. No wonder the world F***ing hates em. They destroy everything, rape it, then F**k off leaving everyone else to clean up their sh*t grasp on the english language sh*te. bas**rds.  :f_steam:

Sorry for the caps.  :angel:
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #33: Mar 30, 2010 01:30:31 am
      Can I just say.  It doesn't say he's not getting much money. It reads that whether we finish 4th or not he will still have roughly the same budget.

Going on the turds previous. I'd say that amounts to f 'all.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #34: Mar 30, 2010 04:33:11 am
      They funded f**k all mate, we have made a transfer profit this season.

It doesn't work that way in a corporation, you make profit doesn't mean you can spend it all.

I'm not claiming the Yanks are angels, nah I hate them.

But fair play, 17.5M budget is there at the start of the season. Whether or not Rafa got bolstered when asking more, that I'm sure not. But to say he have not have a transfer budget is wrong.

Besides, the Mancs sold the winker for 80M, does it means that SAF has 80 + 20 (assuming his original budget) to spend?

Players are bought under corporation (LFC that is) and when sold, it's all goes to corporation profit.

If you're claiming Rafa are entitled to it, then you should assume that he's entitled to the loss of selling Keane, Dossena, etc?

It goes both way.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #35: Mar 30, 2010 09:19:52 am
      There are so many holes in the previous post, I'll rephrase that there are numerous convenient gaps in the previous post which leaves  me to wonder if there is a reason for the omissions.

My thoughts exactly Racer only a manc would use SAF.
      « Last Edit: Mar 30, 2010 02:59:11 pm by stuey »
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #36: Mar 30, 2010 11:15:38 am

Old whiskey nose? Only a manc would refer to him like that
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #37: Mar 30, 2010 03:42:19 pm
      It doesn't work that way in a corporation, you make profit doesn't mean you can spend it all.

Mate do you have any real Idea of how much Rafa has spent since he took over at Anfield, perhaps you'd like me to point you to a thread where I have stripped it bare for all to see ?

Perhaps you'd like to know since H&G took ownership of Liverpool F.C Rafa has had a Yearly average net spend of 10 million per season, thats an average transfer window net spend of 5 million per window.

Is that good enough for any Club that has Domestic & European Ambitions ?
      hobbithead
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 747 posts | -3 
      Reply #38: Mar 30, 2010 04:06:03 pm
      Mate do you have any real Idea of how much Rafa has spent since he took over at Anfield, perhaps you'd like me to point you to a thread where I have stripped it bare for all to see ?

I do, and need some proper figures to show some wallys their figures are wrong. This isn't a wind up. I would appreciate the name of the thread, if you have it.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #39: Mar 30, 2010 04:07:25 pm

Perhaps you'd like to know since H&G took ownership of Liverpool F.C Rafa has had a Yearly average net spend of 10 million per season, that's an average transfer window net spend of 5 million per window.

Is that good enough for any Club that has Domestic & European Ambitions ?
      Well yeah.Benitez has spent Fuckall in the last 2 transfer windows.

But his tactics have been suspicious all season.It's like doing the right things at the right time.He has made mistakes like Choosing Lucas over Fully Fit Aquilani and still pursuing the combination of two DM's on the Field.Still playing Kuyt who has been Abysmal all season.He should've been dropped long ago but he is still playing .

You can't put all the blame on the YANKS even though they are Bitches or on the lack of funds.It has been a sh*t season and Rafa has played his part in it.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #40: Mar 30, 2010 04:09:32 pm
      Besides, the Mancs sold the winker for 80M, does it means that SAF has 80 + 20 (assuming his original budget) to spend?

I'd say that £80 million went someways to clearing some of their debt!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #41: Mar 30, 2010 04:10:09 pm
      Well yeah.Benitez has spent Fuckall in the last 2 transfer windows.

But his tactics have been suspicious all season.It's like doing the right things at the right time.He has made mistakes like Choosing Lucas over Fully Fit Aquilani and still pursuing the combination of two DM's on the Field.Still playing Kuyt who has been Abysmal all season.He should've been dropped long ago but he is still playing .

You can't put all the blame on the YANKS even though they are Bitches or on the lack of funds.It has been a sh*t season and Rafa has played his part in it.

We'll bow down to your managerial know-how then sir!
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #42: Mar 30, 2010 04:13:09 pm
      We'll bow down to your managerial know-how then sir!
      Oh,I Forgot..We should be Worshiping Rafa here :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,157 posts | 8544 
      Reply #43: Mar 30, 2010 04:20:12 pm
      Oh,I Forgot..We should be Worshiping Rafa here :laugh:

Am not worshipping him, but you F***ing mongs moaning about two DM's, were you moaning about that last season? What about half the F***ing players, they're professionals, not F***ing kids, the body language on some of them this season has been a joke and that includes our captain too!

It's the yanks fault, lack of investment, lack of leadership in the boardroom, the fact we haven't had one single boardroom meeting since the tw*ts took over - but it's Rafa's fault - he plays Lucas.

Dig your head out of the F***ing sand - Rafa is the only one at the moment who is keeping the club ticking over - at least he F***ing cares!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #44: Mar 30, 2010 04:24:24 pm
      Am not worshipping him, but you F***ing mongs moaning about two DM's, were you moaning about that last season? What about half the F***ing players, they're professionals, not F***ing kids, the body language on some of them this season has been a joke and that includes our captain too!

It's the yanks fault, lack of investment, lack of leadership in the boardroom, the fact we haven't had one single boardroom meeting since the tw*ts took over - but it's Rafa's fault - he plays Lucas.

Dig your head out of the F***ing sand - Rafa is the only one at the moment who is keeping the club ticking over - at least he F***ing cares!

Have a +.

Not to mention this corker:

has made mistakes like Choosing Lucas over Fully Fit Aquilani

The Italian has been fully fit? He's puking his guts out every week with a virus! Not to mention the injury he incurred with his ankle for most of the season, and probably still now.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #45: Mar 30, 2010 04:32:58 pm
      Am not worshipping him, but you f**king mongs moaning about two DM's, were you moaning about that last season? What about half the f**king players, they're professionals, not f**king kids, the body language on some of them this season has been a joke and that includes our captain too!

Dig your head out of the f**king sand - Rafa is the only one at the moment who is keeping the club ticking over - at least he f**king cares!

I'd give ya two pluses for this if I could. Oh wait....Give it six hours

Quick Reply