Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Daniel Agger
      (18.9%)
      Fernando Torres
      (58.8%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (3.4%)
      Maxi Rodriguez
      (6.1%)
      Glen Johnson
      (10.8%)
      Jamie Carragher
      (0%)
      Ryan Babel
      (2%)

Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match Thread

Read 34163 times
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Sunderland: In game and Post Match Thread
      Reply #483: Mar 29, 2010 03:06:46 pm
      Misty
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,585 posts | 62 
      • At the end of the storm- Is a golden sky....
      Reply #484: Mar 29, 2010 03:20:17 pm
      haha!  I couldnt stop laughing when i heard that!!

P.S:

There was this bloke & his girlfriend in the main stand- by the kop- block MK i think it is- row 8
      Moaning about Babel and how sh*t we are, shouting "for F**k sake!" every time we missed a shot or lost posession- his girlfriend barely looked up all game, didnt cheer, sing, clap or even crack a smile when we scored!  Whats the point in going?
      If this was you- please leave your ticket for a real supporter next time!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #485: Mar 29, 2010 03:28:08 pm

:lmao: Love it.

haha!  I couldnt stop laughing when i heard that!!

P.S:

There was this bloke & his girlfriend in the main stand- by the kop- block MK i think it is- row 8
      Moaning about Babel and how sh*t we are, shouting "for F**k sake!" every time we missed a shot or lost posession- his girlfriend barely looked up all game, didnt cheer, sing, clap or even crack a smile when we scored!  Whats the point in going?
      If this was you- please leave your ticket for a real supporter next time!!

Does my head in that. The notion of going the match to support your team is clearly lost on people like that.

At least we gave them a hiding and got the points in the bag.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #486: Mar 29, 2010 04:00:53 pm

:lmao:
      "I'll have to come back next time... with a smaller head."
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #487: Mar 29, 2010 04:49:48 pm
      Loverrrrrly,
      thereds13
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,206 posts | 18 
      Reply #488: Mar 29, 2010 05:27:24 pm
      Great game, played good football all the way through the match couuld of scored 6 or 8 more. Gerrard back to top form aswell as Johnson.
      FREDFLUNK
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #489: Mar 29, 2010 05:36:26 pm
      Great performance but somehow we all know rafa will reinstall Lucas and Kuyt to cm and rm against Benfica >:(
      « Last Edit: Mar 29, 2010 05:40:27 pm by redkenny, Reason: text language not allowed »
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #490: Mar 29, 2010 05:39:42 pm
      Nice one mate, enjoyed that again. :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #491: Mar 29, 2010 05:50:42 pm
      Big well done to the fella in 306 who came out with the Maggie Maggie Maggie shout (cue a few of us all following up with Die Die Die) and then followed up with this comedy classic

"Don't believe Cameron's lies
      He's just Thatcher in disguise
      Him and Osbourne will F**k you up
      And like Tebbit they'll drink your blood"

Had everyone near including the stewards pissing themselves.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #492: Mar 29, 2010 05:58:46 pm
      Great to see so many chances made.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #493: Mar 29, 2010 06:53:11 pm
       Waited a long time for a performance like that,it was magic.I was impressed with Agger I thought he had an excellent game and it is a pity he has had so many injuries.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #494: Mar 29, 2010 07:10:09 pm
      Big well done to the fella in 306 who came out with the Maggie Maggie Maggie shout (cue a few of us all following up with Die Die Die) and then followed up with this comedy classic

"Don't believe Cameron's lies
      He's just Thatcher in disguise
      Him and Osbourne will f**k you up
      And like Tebbit they'll drink your blood"

Had everyone near including the stewards pissing themselves.

:D

Love it.

Still buzzing off Torres' first goal. F*cking wonderful specimen is that lad.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #495: Mar 29, 2010 07:11:51 pm
      :lmao:
      "I'll have to come back next time... with a smaller head."

Ha.. He took it well
      bgwdivemaster
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 357 posts |
      Reply #496: Mar 29, 2010 07:32:40 pm
      Brilliant work lads!  Frustrating to not see more in the back of the net but still what a great performance.  Especially the first half.

"Come back with a smaller head." hahaha
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,235 posts | 8572 
      Reply #497: Mar 29, 2010 10:01:44 pm
      :D

Love it.

Still buzzing off Torres' first goal. F*cking wonderful specimen is that lad.

Even though his first is a beaut of a goal, I loved his second, knew exactly what he was doing, waited for the keeper to commit himself, then through pure cheekiness placed it, rather than most strikers who would simply have smashed at the ball.

When fully fit and smelling blood, Torres truly is world-class and I F***ing love the lad!
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #498: Mar 29, 2010 10:13:59 pm
      Even though his first is a beaut of a goal, I loved his second, knew exactly what he was doing, waited for the keeper to commit himself, then through pure cheekiness placed it, rather than most strikers who would simply have smashed at the ball.

When fully fit and smelling blood, Torres truly is world-class and I f**king love the lad!

Can't argue with that. :D

Was a belter the second. So calm. He's a f*cking animal in front of goal is the lad.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #499: Mar 29, 2010 10:54:04 pm
      Can't argue with that. :D

Was a belter the second. So calm. He's a f*cking animal in front of goal is the lad.

That's why he missed sitter after sitter against Sunderland and United. Far too hyped up this Torres lad, can only score the spectacular. ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #500: Mar 29, 2010 11:39:40 pm

I thought that was Maxi 's best performance since moving to us. I might just have to change my initial impressions if he continues like that.
      Amazng to see the number of times Babel was tracking back, a real team effort by all.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #501: Mar 30, 2010 03:12:39 am
      pity that  if torres shines we win. what a fantastic performance all round keep that up for 65 games lads. torres is such high standard that he makes all the others look like amatuers.
      FabulousAurelio
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 537 posts | 11 
      Reply #502: Mar 30, 2010 03:18:25 am
      pity that  if torres shines we win. what a fantastic performance all round keep that up for 65 games lads. torres is such high standard that he makes all the others look like amatuers.

Wouldn't say all the others. Reina, Agger, Carra, Masch, Gerrard, Johnson, Benayoun and Kuyt certainly don't look like amateurs.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #503: Mar 30, 2010 11:32:03 am
      I didn't exactly watch the whole game but managed to catch most of the first half in a store, ;D.

I think that was one of the decent performances I've seen all season mainly because Daniel Agger, could of scored a hat trick himself!

Fernando Torres, well, no words to desribe this man. Simply stunning. Been scoring a lot since his return and he could be the difference between us and our 4th place rivals.
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Reply #504: Mar 30, 2010 08:29:25 pm
      what game intelligence torres has his goal ratio is stunning considering he has had injury problems and was not at his best somtimes
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,158 posts | 1287 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #505: Mar 30, 2010 11:05:23 pm
      Excellent result for the Club this weekend. A powerful and commanding performance from the lads, and Rafa must also take credit for getting the tactics almost spot on. I say almost spot on as i believe Kuyt was anonymous again, and it is really starting to worry me that Rafa keeps placing blind faith in a player that is clearly not the player he once was. Whilst i will commend Rafa for his tactical nous, i will also question his undoubted ability to confuse the F**k out of any fan, at any given time. I suppose eccentricity is part of the 'genius' package, so i'll just learn to live with it. The big, big difference was the exclusion of Lucas from the side, and the football we played as a result was at times breathtaking, something that i have found myself, more often than not, unable to say this season. Similarities can be drawn from the Portsmouth game, playing football the way Liverpool Football Club should be playing football.

Quite a few forumites have tried to convince themselves that Rafa has changed the system to accomodate Lucas this season, how can anyone perceive this?. It is blatantly obvious that we are still playing the same system, with the same principles, just some people will use this perception to paper over the cracks of Lucas' inadequacies. I know we played 4-4-2 against Sunderland, as we have done a couple of times this season, but on the whole we are playing the same system as last season. The difference is that when Gerrard or someone capable of playing in the holding midfielder/deep lying playmaker role performs his duties, this system is a joy to behold, as has been proven on many occasions. We fizzed the ball around with confidence, players wanted the ball, when we got the ball in the middle, it was hit into space with purpose. Something that has been missing all season from the central midfield pairing. How long can Rafa persist with Lucas before he realises that this is where it's going wrong?.

The defence had hardly anything to do all game, Johnson was superb, and although the goal was courtesy of a deflection, he was there to pull the trigger, you've got to be in it to win it. We had the ball so often that Sunderland rarely had a chance to attack. This is how we should be playing. Agger was immense, should have scored a hat-trick and he gave us an extra attacking dimension. He really is a commanding and reassuring presence in defence and i really hope he can remain injury free for a long time and give us that stability we need. Johnson was immense, and such was our dominance of possession that his defensive ability was very rarely questioned. Insua did well in attack and his link up play was an improvement on recent performances. Mascherano was as important as he always is and i feel his passing game is improving with every game that passes, almost completing the installation of another string in his bow. Babel is another player who is also improving, and if he can get the nod from Rafa for the run in, then i feel we might just start to see the real Ryan Babel. I have beeen one of his biggest critics recently, i even wanted him offloaded in the January transfer window, such was my disgust at his petulance. He still needs to work on his dribbling and all round wing play, but i feel where he has most improved is in his attitude, work ethic and he seems to be turning into more of a team player. He has become more unselfish, and that can only be good for himself and the team.

Gerrard was everywhere, all we did that was good, came through him. He owned that centre midfield area, and it was a great sight to see. Getting the ball, looking up, picking his pass and following the move through. Quite simple when you put it like that, yet it is something that our centre midfield has been unable to do for the majority of this season. When he passes, he looks for the next move that's on, he never let's up. Gerrard oozed confidence, and that confidence spread like an infectious disease. Maxi was immense too, his link up play was excellent. He may not show the wizardry of a John Barnes, but he does the simple things well. He works hard for the team and what you see is what you get, that's why i like him and think he'll turn out to be a good acquisition for us. Another player who works hard is Dirk Kuyt, but he can't even do the simple things right this season and he is becoming painful to watch. He needs a break to try and find himself, a shadow of the man he was last season.

Reina had little to do, but when called upon he never fails to deliver, the agility of a cat. And last but by no means least, Fernando Torres. That first goal was pure genius, his second, pure genius also. To think of the injuries he's suffered this season and the sometimes brutal treatment that he receives from incompetent defenders, it is testament to the fact that he is the world's greatest striker. The lad was on fire and i pray he can stay injury free for the rest of the season, his presence will be crucial in the battle to secure fourth place. A little unfair to judge Aquilani as shortly after his arrival, Torres and Gerrard were taken off, and we all know how effective he is when playing with these two.

A very pleasing performance overall. My only hope is that Rafa will stick to the attack method and kick on from here. Barring the Birmingham game i expect to see this attacking system for the rest of the season. Even against Chelsea, we need to get at them at Anfield. I have no problem with Rafa showing respect to other teams, that is a given. What i do have a problem with, is when that respect borders on fear. I do not wish to see Lucas or Kuyt in the side for this important run of games, that is not a slur on their character, it is just my honest assessment based on the roles they have played and how they have performed during the season. Gerrard/Aquilani in the middle/hole, Maxi on the right and Babel on the left. Let's finish this season with an attacking intent and get that passport to the Champions League.

And just to finish off my post, Olic has just put Bayern 2-1 up!!!!! Have some of that you scabby Manc cu*ts!!

Roll on Redmen, and crush all those who stand before you, the future is in your hands. YNWA. IRWT.  :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply