Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Anyone ever won anything from...

Read 2220 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Anyone ever won anything from...
      Jun 04, 2007 08:01:31 pm
      ..food?

As I was tucking in to me bottle of Coke and Twix today and read the 'Sorry you have not won this time' it got me thinking?

Does anybody know anyone who has ever won anything in these competitions?

(Winning a free burger or coke from a McDonalds item does not count!)
      kelv78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,913 posts | 14 
      Re: Anyone ever won anything from...
      Reply #1: Jun 04, 2007 09:48:00 pm
      I won a free Beyonce ring tone from a can of Pepsi once.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #2: Jun 04, 2007 10:05:07 pm
      I won a "great love songs of the eighties" cd about 8 years ago, from a Twirl I think.
      Judging by some of the songs that were on it, I was shafted good and proper on paying the postage fees to send the bloody wrapper off....
      When the cd arrived (to my surprise!) I took it to HMV, told them I'd got it as a present, didn't like it and didn't have my receipt for the obvious reason. Swapped it for a Simple Minds cd.
      Bo Selecta!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #3: Jun 04, 2007 10:07:06 pm
      I was hoping for some stories of luxury cruises..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #4: Jun 04, 2007 10:12:28 pm
      Not from food... but... I did win a trip to the Adelphi last year courtesy of Century FM Radio, that was quite a nice weekend.
      Also been on Radio One years ago and won a pen (big wow) Won £55.00 towards a television licence when I was on Radio Two with David Hamilton on a pop quiz called "Spot the Intro" (Bet you remember that one Glenbuck!!!!!!!!)

Good at the time, not so good now though but me and my Mum won a competition in the sun (sorry folks) it was in the 70's ,we won a "We can do it" T-Shirt and record that Liverpool had out, I've still got the record.

:laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #5: Jun 04, 2007 10:13:08 pm
      I was hoping for some stories of luxury cruises..

And here's me made up with my cd!!! I wouldn't count on it mate....
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #6: Jun 04, 2007 10:36:58 pm
      I entered a competition on Mars Bars in 1992 and won a 5 day trip to the Olympic Games in Barcelona !!  Had to do a slogan thingie though  ;)    Also won a trip to Rome in a competition set by St Johns shopping Centre in Liverpool, another slogan thingie !!  And wait for it.................have also been on the telly - Blankety Blank with Les Dawson, Dont Forget your Toothbrush with Chris  Evans (for those who remember it !  ;)) and the one were i hang my head in shame.......Supermarket Sweep with Dale Winton  ;D ;D ;D

form and orderly queue for autographs !  ;) ;D ;D ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Jun 04, 2007 10:50:10 pm
      I entered a competition on Mars Bars in 1992 and won a 5 day trip to the Olympic Games in Barcelona !!  Had to do a slogan thingie though  ;)    Also won a trip to Rome in a competition set by St Johns shopping Centre in Liverpool, another slogan thingie !!  And wait for it.................have also been on the telly - Blankety Blank with Les Dawson, Dont Forget your Toothbrush with Chris  Evans (for those who remember it !  ;)) and the one were I hang my head in shame.......Supermarket Sweep with Dale Winton  ;D ;D ;D

form and orderly queue for autographs !  ;) ;D ;D ;D

First of all, I demand some footage Smigger! Spoilt for choice though.....probably Supermarket Sweep. Obvouisly to see if you went for the Stella first  ;) ;D ;D
      And also, will you put my lottery on for me next Saturday?... ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Jun 04, 2007 10:52:32 pm
      First of all, I demand some footage Smigger! Spoilt for choice though.....probably Supermarket Sweep. Obvouisly to see if you went for the Stella first  ;) ;D ;D
      And also, will you put my lottery on for me next Saturday?... ;D

Only got Blanktey Blank on tape somewhere and am too embarrassed to show even me own mother !!  It was back in the 80's so not the best in fashion or haircuts, had a brill time on all of them though, a great experience if anyone gets the chance      ;) ;D ;D ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Jun 04, 2007 11:15:38 pm
      Only got Blanktey Blank on tape somewhere and am too embarrassed to show even me own mother !!  It was back in the 80's so not the best in fashion or haircuts, had a brill time on all of them though, a great experience if anyone gets the chance      ;) ;D ;D ;D

Shoulder pads and a perm? ;)
      Well done anyway Smiggs. I thought there probably wouldn't be anyone who have won something from food.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #10: Jun 05, 2007 05:23:11 pm
      Now that IS more like it Smiggs!

Excellent stuff.  I have had my faith restored in these competitions and will now eat and eat through tonnes of chocolate bars till I match your wins!

DFYT was ace.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #11: Jun 05, 2007 06:47:28 pm

You ARE defo showing your age now my dear !!!
      How come you haven't been on 15 - 1, who wants to be a millionaire etc ??
      ozzyred
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 153 posts |
      Reply #12: Jun 06, 2007 06:47:51 pm
      ive won a world cup football off a can of coke
      Davejh65
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 62 posts |
      Reply #13: Jun 06, 2007 07:25:39 pm
      Could'nt win a one ticket raffle, and I don't eat chocolate much (always gone by the time I get in the cupboard)

would of liked to have been on Blankety Blank with "Old Les Dawson"  top bloke, funny as fish.

DH
      Nicola
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,117 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: Jun 06, 2007 09:47:30 pm
      ..food?

As I was tucking in to me bottle of Coke and Twix today and read the 'Sorry you have not won this time' it got me thinking?

Does anybody know anyone who has ever won anything in these competitions?

(Winning a free burger or coke from a McDonalds item does not count!)
      I'm pretty sure I haven't! I won about £20 for Cardiff City in the 'Buy a Player' thing back in April with Coca Cola.
      I've won many things through radio and newspaper competitions, but never in a choc bar!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #15: Jun 07, 2007 08:41:15 am
      does salmonella count as prize? it got me a week of work complements of a local curry house
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #16: Jun 07, 2007 08:58:35 am
      I bought this chocolate bar once from our corner shop and inside was this voucher saying I had won first prize, so I went to the factory were this man in a big hat showed me round and there where all these little fellas running round with green hair called oompa lump……no hang on a minute sorry it was a film! so no I haven't won anything.

Quick Reply