Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Is José Mourinho trying to get Rafa's job?

Read 10091 times
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,275 posts | 2832 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Re: Is José Mårio dos Santos Félix Mourinho trying to get Rafa's job?
      Reply #23: Mar 31, 2010 11:43:34 pm
      Hes a clown. Sat in his dugout all night as if to make a point that he could care less (after his I hate Italian football comment)
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #24: Apr 01, 2010 12:30:01 am
      IF Rafa walks and IF Jose comes here, I'd support him.

However, I don't see both happening anytime soon.

This.

However, as others has said, Jose probably wouldnt enjoy the challange of a transfer budget smaller than Tranmere's.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #25: Apr 01, 2010 12:39:23 am
      What can I say I kind of like his cock sure attitude. and he is one of the best.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #26: Apr 01, 2010 12:54:20 am
      If we can't have Rafa, this is the man I want.

People talk about his "about me" attitude, but that's something that I think players like. He takes all the pressure off big matches, and puts the pressure on himself instead of the team.

Everyone knows this man can coach some footy, as well.

I want Rafa, but if he is "let go" or sacked in the offseason, I'd support Jose.
      LiverpoolJay
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      • Never lose hope
      Reply #27: Apr 01, 2010 01:02:05 am
      He'ld have to make a massive paycut though, He apparently on something like 7-9m a year, one of the highest paid coaches in Europe.

IF Rafa walks, then surely they will try and find someone cheaper or at least towards the same salary band, Now IF Rafa gets paid off, the Yanks will want to pay out even less towards the new coach wages. So unless José is completly mad and in it for the love of the game then sure welcome aboard, at least we will know its not about the money. However i dont see this happening, he may return to England but the only place will be as a replacment for Bacon-Face or the Man City job...

However i have been proved wrong, but still will be one of the weary ones if he became to become our new Gaffa.

IRWT
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #28: Apr 01, 2010 01:11:48 am
      Integrity
      Class
      Honesty
      Loyalty
      Devotion
      Determination
      Diligence
      Tenacious
      Modesty
      Dauntless

They're the kinds of things I look for in a Liverpool manager and the kind of thing all Liverpool's great managers have had.  Moaninho doesn't hold a candle to Rafa.

Unless on the new job-spec we want

Self-centred
      Self-satisfied
      Rude
      Apathetic
      Conceited

In any case, it's all fairly pointless talk either way.  The man can't operate without a budget.  

For him to arrive at Anfield with the managers we've had and proclaim himself the 'special one' would make me throw up.  
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #29: Apr 01, 2010 01:15:18 am
      Agreed JD, but if he did come and was appointed Manager, would you not be 100% behind him?

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2010 01:19:56 am
      Agreed JD, but if he did come and was appointed Manager, would you not be 100% behind him?
      Of course if he was appointed I would support him and hope he brings us success. 

But sitting in this position right now I can happily state that I don't want him.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6741 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2010 01:36:37 am
      Of course if he was appointed I would support him and hope he brings us success. 

But sitting in this position right now I can happily state that I don't want him.

I don't want him here either, not by a long shot, let's just hope Rafa is here for a long, long time but certainly wouldn't hold it against him if he decided to pack it in.
      Podge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,095 posts | 14 
      Reply #32: Apr 01, 2010 02:06:38 am
      Right he's a bit of a bell end but nobody can deny that the man is a great manager. I can understand what some of you are saying about him not showing as many of the signs of a traditional manager as others but every club he goes to he develops a very strong bond with the players and manages to bring out the best in them. This bond is sadly what I think Rafa lacks. In terms of the "if Rafa goes" argument theres only one manager I might pick before Mourinhio and that's Hiddink. The other strong point in Jose is that he really really loves to beat United (as his touchline dance when he was with the chavs showed)...that's always a plus here!  ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #33: Apr 01, 2010 03:41:04 am
      What JD said.

The only reason Mourinho wants the job anyway is to hold his own over Rafa because he knows Rafa has the better of him right now. Always has, always will.

Mourinho doesn't want the Madrid job because of the owners being so involved. There's the perfect man for the Liverpool job.
      AngelicRayment
      • Banned

• 396 posts | -10 
      Reply #34: Apr 01, 2010 05:01:59 am
      This stupid blinkering by some of us is beyond imagination.

Some of us were spouting who can replace rafa, Jose plays bad football, can't work with no money, etc etc

The truth is : He's one hell of a coach, and we're lucky if he even consider to coach us with the storm of sh*t up above.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #35: Apr 01, 2010 05:36:20 am
      I think he's a great manager, but no better than Rafa that's for sure. He'll need lots of money to bring the players he wants. If there's money for the summer well give it to Rafa instead of bringing in a new coach.

I back Rafa all the way, but if for some reason he stops beeing our manager (even though I don't see that happening) I think Mourinho would be one of the best options to replace Rafa.

I.R.W.T
      fazza21
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 814 posts | 29 
      Reply #36: Apr 01, 2010 10:53:18 am
      How is mourinho a great manager? somebody explain.

He did well with porto winning european honours, i'll give him his due, winning the league with them however is neither here or there because portuguese football isn't the best and theres only ever two, at the most three, teams challenging for the title anyway. Porto are giants in that league and it would be an under achievement if he didn't win the league there.

At chelsea, he spent 9408927928902789472789m on players, he had 2/3 players for every position and no other team in the league could compete, not even united at the time. I accept he still has to manage the side and they still have to win games, but when you can buy the best players in the world then it makes it far easier for you. As soon as united got a grip of things and fergie made 4 or 5 signings, mourinho wet his pants and ran away.

At inter, again, money isn't a major issue. AC and Juve were crippled due to the scandals etc and again, it would have been a massive under achievement if he didn't win serie A. It was put on a plate for him, just like it was at chelsea. AC though are slowly on the up and its abit funny how hes coming out all of a sudden saying he doesn't like italian football. Didn't hear him say that when inter won the league last season. strange ey?

Personally, i dont want him associated with LFC and certainly don't want him managing our great club. I think hes over rated and could never do Rafas job in a million years. Hes the special tw*t rather than the special one. Do not want him here, he isn't liverpool fc material.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #37: Apr 01, 2010 11:11:52 am
      This guy is in love with Chelsea. Just listen to the press conferences before and after the Chelsea v Inter games. And I'm sure that he wouldn't do a better job than Rafa.

Mourinho: "For 90 minutes... I know nobody. For 90 minutes I know nobody. Before the game, I know everybody... and I love them. After the game I know everybody and I love them. But for 90 minutes, I know nobody."
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,275 posts | 2832 
      Reply #38: Apr 01, 2010 11:41:12 am
      Mourinho..He took Joe Cole off for showing moments of brilliance when Chelsea already had a game won. Mourinho throws centre halves up top as his "plan b" even when he had the most money in the world to spend on developing a super squad he had to throw a centre half up front!! He might be a flamboyant man who talks a great game but his football teams are horrible to watch. God almighty those who complain about Rafa would hang themselves watching this fellas team!!

No player or manager has ever been bigger then this club or tried to be. Therefore he would be completely the wrong man for Liverpool
      moh20
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #39: Apr 01, 2010 11:50:15 am
      Mourinho is a t**t. Everything is about him. Make me sick to see him in charge of our club. He's the anti Shankly/Paisley

Thats probably what Chelsea fans thought until he won them trophies and thats all that matters and boy does he win trophies look at his record.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #40: Apr 01, 2010 01:58:17 pm
      Thats probably what Chelsea fans thought until he won them trophies and thats all that matters and boy does he win trophies look at his record.

So does Rafa, Jose has got lucky in Portugal and Italy, there is or was hardly any competition, Porto were the strongest team in the Portuguese league, Inter are currently the strongest team in Italy, Juve and Milan are nowhere near the threat they used to be.

It's only in England we're he has had competition, he won two leagues and a couple of other trophies, but Roman got shut of him because he could not win the European Cup - who was it who out-thought him on at least three or four occasions in that competition?

Jose is that good that Barca refer to him as "The interpreter!!"
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,275 posts | 2832 
      Reply #41: Apr 01, 2010 02:02:11 pm
      Huyton is timing in England was spot on as well. Utd were in transition Rafa had to pick up the pieces left by Houllier, Arsenal broke up there "invincible" team and Chelsea had money to burn.

And youre right about Rafa and his trophy haul. No mean feat overhauling Madrid and Barce to win la liga a few times
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #42: Apr 01, 2010 02:24:47 pm
      If Rafa is sacked he'll go to Madrid.

Naaah, I don't believe that at all.
      What make you said so? I guess they will have to sack Jorge Valdano first then.
      sh*t on the stick and all that, have you forgotten about his comment?

Hes a clown. Sat in his dugout all night as if to make a point that he could care less (after his I hate Italian football comment)

:D What will you say if he comes to us and wins us a PL title? Will he be your Messiah then?
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #43: Apr 01, 2010 02:28:07 pm
      So does Rafa, Jose has got lucky in Portugal and Italy, there is or was hardly any competition, Porto were the strongest team in the Portuguese league, Inter are currently the strongest team in Italy, Juve and Milan are nowhere near the threat they used to be.

It's only in England we're he has had competition, he won two leagues and a couple of other trophies, but Roman got shut of him because he could not win the European Cup - who was it who out-thought him on at least three or four occasions in that competition?

Jose is that good that Barca refer to him as "The interpreter!!"

Ah I see you logic there....when Mourinho won something he was lucky but when he lost he was outthought.
      There is another word called unlucky, you know...
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,275 posts | 2832 
      Reply #44: Apr 01, 2010 02:29:38 pm

:D What will you say if he comes to us and wins us a PL title? Will he be your Messiah then?

I follow Liverpool fc so no matter who is in charge Id be f**kin delighted to win the title. But with him there would be a gloss taken off it. Hed make it all about him. Not the club not the players and not us the fans. He has no dignity about him.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,236 posts | 8573 
      Reply #45: Apr 01, 2010 02:41:52 pm
      Ah I see you logic there....when Mourinho won something he was lucky but when he lost he was outthought.
      There is another word called unlucky, you know...

Or too arrogant for his own F***ing good.

Reason he didn't get the Liverpool job in the first place, Rick Parry decided he wasn't the man for Liverpool after his antics at Old Trafford.

Unlucky that Luis's goal was given, unlucky that his penalty takers weren't very good in 2007, unlucky that Roman doesn't really give a sh*t about the Premier League, he just wants to win the European Cup, something softlad couldn't deliver.

Yeah the man was unlucky. Barcelona are right about the pr**k!

Quick Reply