Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Bayern [Champions League] Tue 19th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of February and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W14 D5 L3

FC Barcelona

Read 51351 times
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,150 posts | 2400 
      Re: FC Barcelona
      Reply #30: Apr 01, 2010 08:03:05 pm
      Best to describe barca as beauty & the beast.

They dont half play eye candy football.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,897 posts | 161 
      Reply #31: Apr 01, 2010 08:50:08 pm
      One thing to say about the Eto'o sale is that maybe he wanted a new challenge?

Even so, there's better options to replace him with!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #32: Apr 02, 2010 01:57:30 am
      I would love to see that being explained to Mascherano ;)

Not it! Could you do the honours :laugh:
      PGlynn91
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,401 posts | 222 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #33: Apr 20, 2010 07:19:54 pm
      I love the comment their President made before El Classico at Nou Camp earlier in season.. " Barcelona make Ballon D'ors, Real Madrid buy them"... When you look through their team, they have brought through so many top class players through the Academy.. Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta....they practically made Messi and now they have potential stars in Busquets and Pedro.. They are the definition of a proper football club and when usually people become jealous and despise great teams...It is impossible not to respect the greatest side I've ever seen...Although I am just nineteen..
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #34: May 07, 2010 09:26:51 pm
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,851 posts | 143 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #35: May 07, 2010 09:37:30 pm
      muck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,168 posts |
      Reply #36: May 07, 2010 10:14:54 pm

not too sure, doubt it is a joke/set up though as it looks very convincing.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #37: May 07, 2010 10:34:03 pm
      Wow.

Does look convincing.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,228 posts | 2959 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: May 07, 2010 11:41:55 pm
      Pique is probably just comforting him because he is more of a threat in front of goal now.
      crouchinho
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42,181 posts | 2457 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #39: May 08, 2010 05:31:50 am
      Pique is probably just comforting him because he is more of a threat in front of goal now.

:lmao:

Looks like they went to shake hands, come in for the bro hug and the photo was taken a a bad time for them.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #40: May 08, 2010 04:35:51 pm

:roll:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,228 posts | 2959 
      Reply #41: May 10, 2010 02:01:42 am

Henry "So you're the one keeping me out the team and scoring more goals than me"

Bojan "Now, now, don't get upset, Barcelona just isn't the team for tall people"
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #42: May 10, 2010 04:10:21 pm
      I thought that was Messi?  :o :o
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,228 posts | 2959 
      Reply #43: May 10, 2010 06:00:16 pm

Nah it's Bojan :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,778 posts | 3420 
      Reply #44: May 11, 2010 09:56:45 pm

All getting a bit close aren't they at Barca  :o

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,778 posts | 3420 
      Reply #45: May 17, 2010 04:22:09 pm
      Barcelona Football Fans Riot After Victory
      Tim Hewage, Sky News Online

Spanish football fans have clashed with police on the streets of Barcelona while celebrating their side's title win.

After FC Barcelona clinched the domestic league title, La Liga, thousands of supporters spilled onto the city's streets.

But the celebrations turned ugly in the early hours of the morning as fighting broke out between police and fans.

Riot police baton charged supporters and fired rubber bullets to disperse the crowds.

Fans responded by throwing bottles and stones and setting fire to advertising billboards

The rioting came after Barcelona finished three points ahead of arch-rivals Real Madrid.

After their 250-million euro shopping spree Real Madrid failed to bring a single title for the second successive season casting doubts on the future of coach Manuel Pellegrini.

Pellegrini said: "We can't say it's been a good season if we haven't won a title.

"It is not easy making a team with a new coach and players but I cannot evaluate my own work.

"I have one more year left on my contract and that's all there is to say."

Meanwhile, former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho tied up the second part of a potential treble with Inter Milan by winning the Scudetto, the top Italian league championship.

A 1-0 win at relegated Siena sealed the team's fifth straight Serie A title.

Inter face Bayern Munich in the Champions League final in Madrid on Saturday.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/World-News/Barcelona-Champions-Spanish-Football-Fans-Riot-On-Streets-After-Barcelona-FC-La-Liga-Win/Article/201005315633494?lpos=World_News_First_Home_Article_Teaser_Region_4&lid=ARTICLE_15633494_Barcelona_Champions%3A_Spanish_Football_Fans_Riot_On_Streets_After_Barcelona_FC_La_Liga_Win
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #46: May 18, 2010 08:00:37 pm
      I just love it how articles about any Spanish team end up with talking about Real Madrid ot Jose Mourinho, not Inter's manager, but Chelsea's former boss.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #47: May 19, 2010 01:27:42 pm
      They can sign anyone they want but if I'm not mistaken, we were the last English team to win at the Camp Nou Stadia ;)
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #48: May 19, 2010 06:07:56 pm
      They're going to do a Real Madrid. Sign everyone and end up with sh*t.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,369 posts | 2199 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: May 19, 2010 06:40:31 pm
      SSN are all but rubbing one out over their potential starting line up next year. . . And yes they have included Cesc
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,708 posts | 882 
      Reply #50: May 19, 2010 06:43:27 pm

Wouldn't go that far. They are buying proper quality in certain positions, not just buying the players that sell shirts and then trying to fit them in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,228 posts | 2959 
      Reply #51: May 19, 2010 06:44:20 pm

Doubt it, they will probably only sign Cesc and then no one else, they never do more than 2 massive transfer deals per year.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #52: Jul 24, 2010 04:24:23 am
      For a team who plays one of the best football in the world, I find the way they are taking the Cesc Fabregas thing a tad too far.

I know Cesc was from Barca and he's torn between two loves - his boyhood team and the team that made him who he is today. I can see he loves Arsenal alot, but being from Barcelona, it makes it difficult for him when they come calling.

I know Pique and Puyol meant it as a joke when they pulled the Barcelona top over him during Spain's World Cup celebration but I find it disrespectful because he is still an Arsenal player.

Also, most of their players have gone publicly about wanting him back. It's like they are teasing him!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 38,228 posts | 2959 
      Reply #53: Jul 24, 2010 03:14:52 pm
      For a team who plays one of the best football in the world, I find the way they are taking the Cesc Fabregas thing a tad too far.

I know Cesc was from Barca and he's torn between two loves - his boyhood team and the team that made him who he is today. I can see he loves Arsenal alot, but being from Barcelona, it makes it difficult for him when they come calling.

I know Pique and Puyol meant it as a joke when they pulled the Barcelona top over him during Spain's World Cup celebration but I find it disrespectful because he is still an Arsenal player.

Also, most of their players have gone publicly about wanting him back. It's like they are teasing him!

I wouldn't say it's like they are teasing him at all or taking anything too far. Most of the time when any member of Barcelona, be it the management or the player has mentioned Cesc is because they have been asked a question about him. Fact is Cesc wants to leave Arsenal and return to his boyhood club and the club want him back, just Arsenal aren't prepared to let him go for anything other than silly money which he isn't worth.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,120 posts | 646 
      Reply #54: Aug 30, 2010 06:28:46 pm
      Anyone else just f**king sick of this lot now?

I had huge respect for Barca, the way they played their wonderful football, the way they brought the core of their team through the youth system but I've lost any respect I had for them.

Their blatant tapping up of players is ridiculous. Their whole attitude towards getting a signing is f**king horrible. They did it with Fabregas, they did it with Masch and they are doing it with Torres again apparently.

Keep your f**king mouth shut Xavi, Villa or whoever it is. Just because you are probably the best team in the world doesn't mean you can make the rules and do what you want.

Anyone but Barca and Real for the La Liga title now!
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #55: Aug 30, 2010 06:42:23 pm
      Yeah, they're starting to get on my tits now, just because they are a dominant footballing side atm they think they can voice an opinion and it will be fact.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #56: Aug 30, 2010 07:10:37 pm
      They are a bunch of cu*ts, no doubt about it.
      Reslivo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,468 posts | 506 
      Reply #57: Aug 30, 2010 07:35:43 pm
      How they play football has no correlation to how much of a c**t they are off the pitch.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #58: Aug 30, 2010 07:39:38 pm
      Bunch of cu*ts
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 4730 
      • YNWA
      Reply #59: Aug 30, 2010 07:45:47 pm
      Their is a supreme arrogance that has swept through Barcelona this summer. There undiginfied pursuit of Cesc Fabregas stunk badly and the worst thing is they tried making Arsenal look like the immoral side in the whole debacle. Wenger was made to look like a rottweiler but at the end of the day he stood up for his team and his player, carefully reminding him of his duty he has to Arsenal in signing a contract there a while back. At the end of the day, only Wenger's status rose when it was concluded that he was staying with the Gunners. Then came the Mascherano fiasco in which they got their man and now they've set eyes on Torres. A complete disrespect to our club and the massive amount of respect I had for Barcelona has now gone.

And why should teams like Arsenal or us be getting bullied by this club? One look at that clubs financial situation suggests they get their priorities in order. Sorting out a £370 million debt I'm sure you'd all agree is a far more pressing matter than trying to bully players off from other clubs. That figure suggests only one thing though - they cannot afford to buy Torres or Fabregas in the future.

Just a wee reminder of their bank balance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8859257.stm

Quick Reply