Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FC Barcelona

Read 95798 times
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Re: FC Barcelona
      Reply #69: Sep 02, 2010 11:44:28 am
      David Villa will only make them better.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #70: Sep 02, 2010 12:20:50 pm
      Just figured out that the FC stands for in FC Barcelona.  :f_steam:

Football Club? :f_tongueincheek:
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #71: Sep 02, 2010 12:36:30 pm
      Fairy cakes? Mmm.  Just kidding. James Blunts
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #72: Sep 03, 2010 09:38:30 am
      Just figured out that the FC stands for in FC Barcelona.  :f_steam:

Funt Cucking?
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #73: Sep 03, 2010 11:33:28 am
      While i don't like the way they handled some of their transfer dealings over the summer, i can't help but admire Barcelona. I just love the way they play, not just the current team but how they have played over the past couple of decades. Give me them or Real Madrid and Barca wins all the time for me.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #74: Sep 03, 2010 10:55:04 pm
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #75: Oct 16, 2010 06:36:22 pm
      Barcelona's debt surpasses $563M

BARCELONA, Spain -- Barcelona president Sandro Rosell says the club will cut back spending to help reduce its debts of more than $563 million, blaming predecessor Joan Laporta for the club's poor financial state.

Rosell addressed his first members meeting Saturday, where vice president Javier Faus said the club lost $112.2 million last season.

Faus said there was still reason for optimism as revenues of $580 million were "the highest in the club's history."

Rosell said "austerity will be a pillar in our day-to-day management," adding that banks had extended $216 million in credit.

Barcelona is fourth in the Spanish league.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5690947/huge-debt-forces-barcelona-cut-back-spending
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #76: Oct 16, 2010 06:39:16 pm
      Queue government bail out if it gets much worse.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #77: Oct 16, 2010 06:57:10 pm
      Barcelona's debt surpasses $563M

BARCELONA, Spain -- Barcelona president Sandro Rosell says the club will cut back spending to help reduce its debts of more than $563 million, blaming predecessor Joan Laporta for the club's poor financial state.

Rosell addressed his first members meeting Saturday, where vice president Javier Faus said the club lost $112.2 million last season.

Faus said there was still reason for optimism as revenues of $580 million were "the highest in the club's history."

Rosell said "austerity will be a pillar in our day-to-day management," adding that banks had extended $216 million in credit.

Barcelona is fourth in the Spanish league.

http://espn.go.com/sports/soccer/news/_/id/5690947/huge-debt-forces-barcelona-cut-back-spending

You taking the piss..... US$563 (£365 US$1.5=£1) in DEBT!!!! Come on Platini jump on their backs! c**t.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #78: Oct 16, 2010 10:08:32 pm
      Hey Masch does that sound familiar?  :roll:
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #79: Oct 16, 2010 10:09:42 pm
      Fancy that wage cut then Pique you smug c**t?
      jamec9869
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #80: Oct 21, 2010 04:32:41 am
      Hi every member of FC Barcelona. I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thank
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #81: Oct 21, 2010 08:11:20 am
      Hi every member of FC Barcelona. I've just visited this forum. Happy to get acquainted with you. Thank

How do you feel, knowing that the emphasis has shifted from youth development at your club. It has now become a club that sells the majority of its youth prospects and buys players from top clubs at inflated rates... A bit like Real Madrid
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #82: Oct 21, 2010 07:41:35 pm
      You taking the piss..... US$563 (£365 US$1.5=£1) in DEBT!!!! Come on Platini jump on their backs! C**t.

That's a disgusting amount of debt. Quite frankly all European teams in debt should not be allowed to play in Europe. I said it when we were under ownership of Hicks and Gillett and I will continue to say it. It's an absolute abuse of money. Barcelona try to present themselves as holier than thou to the footballing world but in reality we all know their conduct is just wrong.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #83: Nov 16, 2010 04:04:37 pm
      Agreement with PSV for Afellay signing

PSV Eindhoven and FC Barcelona have reached agreement on a deal to bring Ibrahim Afellay to Barça, with only the personal terms between the player and the Catalan club to be settled over the next few weeks.

The player will be registered in January once the winter transfer market opens. Until the deal is finally settled, Ibrahim Afellay wishes to concentrate on the upcoming important games for PSV.
      http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada10-11/11/15/n101115114035.html

Sometimes it seems like they just wanna sign every F***ing player in the world. I really woulda liked to see him here :-\
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #84: Nov 16, 2010 04:12:16 pm
      Barca have more than enough players. They don't need anyone!

He's gonna find it hard to cement a starting place, IMO. Can't see him getting ahead of Pedro. No point mentioning Messi or Iniesta even unless he's being played behind them but Barca have Keita, Mascherano, Busquets, and Xavi there.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #85: Nov 16, 2010 04:20:02 pm
      Exactly what i was thinking! They keep buying these awesome players but i can't see where they'll fit them in!

Maybe they can loan him to us for like, a couple seasons? :D
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #86: Nov 16, 2010 04:47:50 pm
      Another one going to Barca who won't start.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #87: Nov 16, 2010 05:22:47 pm
      Another one going to Barca who won't start.
      Agree, they must have a massive bench to accommodate them all in the dug out!
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #88: Nov 16, 2010 05:32:25 pm
      Can only assume they're planning toward his replacing Xavi, whom turns 31 in January.

Although, Thiago has played a few times this season and is a product of the youth system so more likely he will be the long term replacement. Tbf to them, he'll be the only natural attacking central midfielder they have as back up. I don't rate Keita that much, plus he is getting on in age too.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #89: Nov 16, 2010 09:46:46 pm
      They bought him as backup for Iniesta and Xavi I think, and probably eventually to take Xavi's spot. Xavi has been having injury issues lately, and I think Guardiola has commented on him saying he isn't capable of playing 3 games a week anymore, and he's not getting any younger. Afellay is quite versatile, can play in any position in midfield except for DM. I think he'll get plenty of chances to prove himself, bound to be some injuries and players being rested with the busy schedule they have. Not sure he'll succeed though, but hope he proves me wrong. Brilliant buy by Barcelona, no risk involved there.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #90: Nov 16, 2010 09:55:07 pm
      But isn't Afellay more of a player who beats players?

Thought Fabregas would be a more ideal replacement for Xavi.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #91: Nov 16, 2010 10:14:31 pm
      But isn't Afellay more of a player who beats players?

Thought Fabregas would be a more ideal replacement for Xavi.
      Well, in nature I do think he probably is more of a dribbler and man beater than passer yeah, but he could be quite capable of handling Barcelona's passing game, I'm just not fully convinced. His dribbling and man beating at PSV might come out of necessity, since he's important there and can't rely as much on his team mates for creativity, but he's also their main playmaker. And at Holland he's often played on the wings and there he has to do the dribbling and man beating. But I have noticed whenever he plays more centrally for Holland his passing and combinations are exceptional sometimes, especially his interaction with Sneijder. And last season he mostly played as a CM for PSV, as a deep lying playmaker. But I do think Afellay is more a Iniesta type player, and Fabregas a more suitable replacement for Xavi. But who knows, he costs 3 million euros, not much to loose there have they. I'd gamble on a 3 million euro Afellay over a 30+ million Fabregas any day.

Quick Reply