Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

FC Barcelona

Read 96762 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: FC Barcelona
      Reply #92: Nov 16, 2010 11:13:29 pm
      I guess.

I wasn't saying he won't suit the Barcelona style. Was just thinking, if they wanted a proper replacement for Xavi, Fabregas should have been an ideal choice. I rate Afellay but I've only seen him play on the wings but like you said, even I'd gamble on a 3 million euro Afellay than having to pay 10 times more for Fabregas.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #93: Nov 17, 2010 07:50:42 am
      The one player I finally see you positive about Dex and its to tell us we are losing out. Bloody hell. . .
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #94: Nov 17, 2010 11:47:55 am
      The one player I finally see you positive about Dex and its to tell us we are losing out. Bloody hell. . .
      You're surprised? 3 million is a steal. Even if he fails they'll likely sell him on for more. I would've been much more cautious if he cost 20 million.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #95: Nov 17, 2010 12:21:18 pm
      Really starting to dislike this club now.

Buying everyone and anyone.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #96: Nov 17, 2010 06:51:07 pm

Not really :-\
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #97: Nov 21, 2010 05:22:26 pm
      Won 8-0 last night at Almeria with Messi getting a hattrick.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #98: Nov 21, 2010 06:00:14 pm
      Won 8-0 last night at Almeria with Messi getting a hattrick.

And Bojan grabbing a brace!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #99: Nov 21, 2010 09:41:01 pm

Almería didn't even turn up, they were really that bad. It's bad enough to play against Barçelona at the moment, but it becomes even worse when playing against them without any motivation to close down and or to kick Barça's players.
      Almería coach was sacked straightaway after the game.

I'm not complaining as long as Real Madrid do not win anything this year. :)
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Reply #100: Nov 23, 2010 12:02:04 am
      Put Messi to 22 in 17 o_0 Unreal stat. As is having 74% possession away from home against any team in your league.

Real also impressive with a 5-1 win vs Ath. Bilbao. Ronaldo got 3, Llorente getting Bilbao's only one.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #101: Nov 23, 2010 12:07:42 am
      Messi more complete than Ronaldo

Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina believes Lionel Messi is a more complete player than Cristiano Ronaldo.

With the El Classico between Barcelona and Real Madrid drawing ever closer and the much anticipated rivalry of the two best players in the world set to reignite once again, Reina has given his personal views on it.

"Barcelona are slight favourites because they are playing at home, and I feel that there will be lots of goals," the former Villarreal glovesman told Marca.

"For me, with the Blaugrana playing in front of 100,000 fans, they hold the edge, but it is a match that is very difficult to predict.

"Messi and Ronaldo are both great players, but for my taste Messi is more complete. However, that is my modest and private opinion."

The Spaniard also spoke on Madrid coach Jose Mourinho, whom he has great admiration for.

"He is a great coach who has made some very good results and many titles. In all the sides he has been involved with, he has always had players who have said many good things about him."

In conclusion, the 28-year-old was quizzed on who he thinks will win the Ballon d'Or.

"I would like to see my friend Iker Casillas win, but I think that Xavi and Andres Iniesta have the best chance."

http://www.espnstar.com/football/primera-liga/news/detail/item536050/%22Messi-more-complete-than-Ronaldo%22/
      Neitsab
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 333 posts |
      Reply #102: Nov 23, 2010 07:14:09 am
      Boring championship. Madrid and Barcelona fighting for the title, others teams 15 points back..
      But the Clasico should be great this year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #103: Nov 23, 2010 08:51:26 am
      Come on Valencia! :D

Hate both teams. A nice 7-7 draw with 8 injuries each will do.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #104: Nov 29, 2010 04:17:18 pm
      Anyone watching El Classico tonight? Don't really have any preference for who to win, but looking forward to a good game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #105: Nov 29, 2010 04:20:47 pm
      Looking forward to it Dexter mate.

Hoping football is the winner tonight and it should be if Messi and Ronaldo keep up their fantastic form.
      kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,314 posts | 76 
      Reply #106: Nov 29, 2010 04:28:34 pm
      Looking forward to this one too, you couldnt call a winner, i think it has a draw written all over it.
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #107: Nov 29, 2010 04:28:45 pm
      A 5-5 draw with a lot of injuries would be nice.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #108: Nov 29, 2010 04:29:44 pm
      Really excited about the match tonight.

I dont think its possible to have a "2nd team" but the way Barca have got it perfect over there, with players, fans and the whole set up, they demand respect.  Especially because of the Unicef deal.

The youth players are taught about the importance of loyalty towards the club and its history.  Look at Messi, and the famous Iniesta buy-out clause.

Hoping Barca win tonight, but wanting Alonso to have a good game.

Its good to see Ronaldo is fast becoming the footballer we know he is capable of being without the dramatics and showboating.

Its also good that he has left Manure now so i can start calling him a good player.
      Dexter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,279 posts | 116 
      Reply #109: Nov 29, 2010 04:44:39 pm
      Really excited about the match tonight.

I dont think its possible to have a "2nd team" but the way Barca have got it perfect over there, with players, fans and the whole set up, they demand respect.  Especially because of the Unicef deal.

The youth players are taught about the importance of loyalty towards the club and its history.  Look at Messi, and the famous Iniesta buy-out clause.

I used to completely agree. I respect Barcelona's youth academy and their football philosophy and creative and technical style of play. And they really do have some amazing players. Also the Unicef sponsorship is indeed admirable. However, the club has lost some of my respect lately. The way the club and some of their players handled the Fabregas transfer issue in the media was just wrong. And then the whole Eto'o - Zlatan transfer deal was just ridiculous too. Not to mention their spending spree of late with the massive debt they have.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #110: Nov 29, 2010 04:48:06 pm
      I used to completely agree. I respect Barcelona's youth academy and their football philosophy and creative and technical style of play. And they really do have some amazing players. Also the Unicef sponsorship is indeed admirable. However, the club has lost some of my respect lately. The way the club and some of their players handled the Fabregas transfer issue in the media was just wrong. And then the whole Eto'o - Zlatan transfer deal was just ridiculous too. Not to mention their spending spree of late with the massive debt they have.

True,

Its always the suits the ruin football.

One player i cannot stand however, is Pique.  Even if he never wore a United shirt.  He's a diving little fanny.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #111: Nov 29, 2010 05:29:46 pm
      Hate both clubs but staying up till 7am to watch. Wouldn't miss it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #112: Nov 29, 2010 05:37:00 pm
      A decade ago I would have been supporting Barca and their core principles over the Galacticos. Now I cant stand either of them. Constantly tapping up players and spending ridiculous amounts of money like its FM. Hope its a beautiful game, but it wont be if Jose shuts it down to counter attack
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #113: Nov 29, 2010 07:53:44 pm
      I respect and admire Barcelona for their way of football and the fact that many good players come through their academy.

They are just so unprofessional when they want to sign players.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #114: Nov 29, 2010 07:57:52 pm
      Here we go.

Hopefully it lives up the hype and every other game between these two. It's going to be huge!

Quick Reply