Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FC Barcelona

Read 95782 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Re: FC Barcelona
      Reply #552: Jun 29, 2012 01:37:00 pm
      They just buy every player in the national team that isn't playing for Madrid

But they don't! Do we really need to go through the Barcelona squad and see how many players came through the ranks?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #553: Jun 29, 2012 02:50:47 pm
      I wished we were more like them (we're a bit like them at the moment).

Players who came through their youth ranks - Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Thiago, Busquets, Pedro, Cuenca, Fontas.

Fabregas, Pique and Alba were in their youth ranks but left and returned. If Bojan comes back, he'll follow the same route.

Fabregas, Pique and Messi played in the under 15 team together and now they are reunited again!

As for Madrid, only Casillas, Callejon, Granero, Adan, Arbeloa.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #554: Jun 29, 2012 03:00:40 pm
      But they don't! Do we really need to go through the Barcelona squad and see how many players came through the ranks?

I never said they don't have any players from their youth system! I said they buy players that play for spain in the national team (except when they play for Real). For example Jordi Alba, Fabregas, Villa. Of course not 'every' player and I'm surely not gonna doubt their academy!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #555: Jun 29, 2012 03:01:30 pm
      They certainly aren't gonna buy any Real Madrid players!!!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #556: Jun 29, 2012 03:28:16 pm

Hmm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #557: Jun 29, 2012 03:35:20 pm
      I never said they don't have any players from their youth system! I said they buy players that play for spain in the national team (except when they play for Real). For example Jordi Alba, Fabregas, Villa. Of course not 'every' player and I'm surely not gonna doubt their academy!

As Racer said!!

Might need to sort out what you're saying lid.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #558: Jul 01, 2012 09:43:27 pm
      no I don't
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #559: Jul 02, 2012 11:34:08 am

Yes you F***ing do, look at the quote again

Talking sh*te anyway.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #560: Jul 02, 2012 12:25:45 pm
      we have to take every word literally on this forum?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #561: Jul 02, 2012 01:10:44 pm
      we have to take every word literally on this forum?

Depends, do you mean every word or every word?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #562: Jul 02, 2012 09:43:28 pm
      Christ they are going to be unstoppable next season. Villa will be back from injury, Messi being Messi, Xavi and Iniesta proving in the Euro's that once again they are just getting better and better. Oh and they've got the addition of Alba who looks as though he will be without doubt the best left back around before long!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #563: Jul 02, 2012 10:02:38 pm
      Puyol as well!!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #564: Jul 02, 2012 10:07:37 pm
      What odds are being offered, with all the confidence being shown on here, of Barcelona winning bugger all next season.  Might whack a £5 on it. :)
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #565: Jul 03, 2012 02:08:08 pm
      I thought this picture was fake cause look at Italy's number 8. ;D.

Iniesta is such an amazing player.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #566: Jul 04, 2012 03:44:03 pm
      Xavi's father reveals Spain tensions

Xavi Hernandez's father has claimed Iker Casillas had problems with Jose Mourinho because of his friendship with the Barcelona midfielder.

Ahead of Euro 2012, rumours had been rife over strained relationships in the Spain camp due to the rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona, and at one stage Vicente del Bosque openly acknowledged that there were issues between Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos.

Xavi's father has now revealed that the problems in the national camp were serious, and that Spain were able to successfully defend their European Championship crown was down to the diplomatic efforts of Casillas and Xavi.

Mourinho had said in March that he had "no problems" with Casillas as speculation of a fall-out raged, but Joaquin Hernandez told COM Radio: "Iker had many problems with Mourinho because Xavi and Iker didn't want to end their friendship. The problems came to light and everyone knows about it.

"Had it not been for Iker Casillas, Xavi and Del Bosque, the national team would never have achieved what they have. It has been very complicated at times because of the Clasicos.

"Friendships between players were about to end. There were rows. There were issues with Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos and how they behaved towards their team-mates. The behaviour of some players was inappropriate. Luckily, Iker and Xavi intervened."

Hernandez also responded to the suggestions his son had looked tired during Euro 2012.

"Xavi has played 81 games this season," he said. "It's a brutal schedule, and involves travelling all around the world, but he was fine. It's said that he wasn't in a good state physically, but that's not true."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1122592/xavi%27s-father-claims-mourinho-objected-to-iker-casillas-friendship?cc=5739

I, myself, personally felt the relationship between Barcelona and Real Madrid was affected ever since Mourinho joined Madrid.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #567: Jul 06, 2012 12:20:28 pm
      Xavi's father reveals Spain tensions

Xavi Hernandez's father has claimed Iker Casillas had problems with Jose Mourinho because of his friendship with the Barcelona midfielder.

Ahead of Euro 2012, rumours had been rife over strained relationships in the Spain camp due to the rivalry between Real Madrid and Barcelona, and at one stage Vicente del Bosque openly acknowledged that there were issues between Gerard Pique and Sergio Ramos.

Xavi's father has now revealed that the problems in the national camp were serious, and that Spain were able to successfully defend their European Championship crown was down to the diplomatic efforts of Casillas and Xavi.

Mourinho had said in March that he had "no problems" with Casillas as speculation of a fall-out raged, but Joaquin Hernandez told COM Radio: "Iker had many problems with Mourinho because Xavi and Iker didn't want to end their friendship. The problems came to light and everyone knows about it.

"Had it not been for Iker Casillas, Xavi and Del Bosque, the national team would never have achieved what they have. It has been very complicated at times because of the Clasicos.

"Friendships between players were about to end. There were rows. There were issues with Arbeloa, Xabi Alonso and Sergio Ramos and how they behaved towards their team-mates. The behaviour of some players was inappropriate. Luckily, Iker and Xavi intervened."

Hernandez also responded to the suggestions his son had looked tired during Euro 2012.

"Xavi has played 81 games this season," he said. "It's a brutal schedule, and involves travelling all around the world, but he was fine. It's said that he wasn't in a good state physically, but that's not true."

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1122592/xavi%27s-father-claims-mourinho-objected-to-iker-casillas-friendship?cc=5739

I, myself, personally felt the relationship between Barcelona and Real Madrid was affected ever since Mourinho joined Madrid.

Madrid and Barca have always hated each other, it's a far bigger rivalry than anything to do with that egotistical c**t.
      unwashedmasses
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,369 posts | 53 
      Reply #568: Jul 06, 2012 05:19:07 pm
      Madrid and Barca have always hated each other, it's a far bigger rivalry than anything to do with that egotistical c**t.

While true, it does seem Mourinho has taken it too new depths. If it's true he told Iker told end his friendship with Xavi, that's just appalling. Like does anyone here believe Gerrard's friendship with Rooney affects his performances against Man Utd in any negative way?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #569: Jul 06, 2012 11:34:41 pm

True. Maybe the fans have generally hated each other but I don't recall el classicos having that many red cards prior to his arrival. Xavi and Iker probably have been friends ever since they both played for the national team in 2002.

The c**t has taken it to a whole new level.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #570: Jul 07, 2012 11:25:07 am
      Anyone seen this? Barcelona USA U11 side, they show some of our players up!

soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #571: Jul 07, 2012 03:35:21 pm
      Anyone seen this? Barcelona USA U11 side, they show some of our players up!

Here's an article about them.

The future of US football is bright if that's how well many of the young boys are playing it.  :)
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #572: Jul 07, 2012 05:05:54 pm
      To clarify that's not Spain's Barcelona, it's an American youth club. In case anyone is confused.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #573: Jul 07, 2012 07:25:01 pm
      Still that is very impressive for under 11s.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #574: Jul 07, 2012 07:50:50 pm
      To clarify that's not Spain's Barcelona, it's an American youth club. In case anyone is confused.

Yeah, I heard they were known as Barcelona because of the way they play. They were also playing against an American youth team called Arsenal, weren't they?

Quick Reply