Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

FC Barcelona

Read 95783 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      FC Barcelona
      Apr 01, 2010 02:40:37 pm
      Couldn't find a thread about them so I decided to start one. Please move where appropriate.

I have to say they are the best footballing team in the world. They play the game how it should be played - scoring goals. And never I have seen such wonderful movement and passing by a team. With players such as Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Thierry Henry, Lionel Messi and many more, they are a joy to watch. One touch football, defence splitting passes, swift movements, style - Barcelona have it all!

And according to some arrogant (Man United) fans, Manchester United is seemed to be the 'best team in the world' and yet they totally got dominated by FC Barcelona in last year's European Cup final. I have never really seen Man United get totally outplayed.

And if I'm not mistaken, I think we were the last team to win at Camp Nou ;)
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Re: FC Barcelona
      Reply #1: Apr 01, 2010 02:45:40 pm
      Couldn't find a thread about them so I decided to start one. Please move where appropriate.

I have to say they are the best footballing team in the world. They play the game how it should be played - scoring goals. And never I have seen such wonderful movement and passing by a team. With players such as Xavi Hernandez, Andres Iniesta, Thierry Henry, Lionel Messi and many more, they are a joy to watch. One touch football, defence splitting passes, swift movements, style - Barcelona have it all!

And according to some arrogant (Man United) fans, Manchester United is seemed to be the 'best team in the world' and yet they totally got dominated by FC Barcelona in last year's European Cup final. I have never really seen Man United get totally outplayed.

Knocked them out with Bellamy and Sissoko in the team. If Im right the Barcelona players were afraid to go near Momo at 50/50 balls or just at the sight of him
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #2: Apr 01, 2010 02:46:54 pm

My feelings exactly.

The best footballing team i think I've ever seen. No cheating from their players either. (Alves can make the most of a foul like :D )

Arsenal claim to be the most beautiful team to watch but last night we saw how that's not true. They couldn't get near Barca on their home soil!

If Arsenal have any chance in the next leg they're going to need alot more of what they had in the first half  for the entire second leg - Luck. And more heroics from Almunia. Both seem unlikely.

I'll be very happy if they win it again because it would prove everyone wrong who says you have to cheat to be the best in football.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #3: Apr 01, 2010 02:48:03 pm
      Knocked them out with Bellamy and Sissoko in the team. If Im right the Barcelona players were afraid to go near Momo at 50/50 balls or just at the sight of him

Surely you can't compare Sissoko to any of Barca's players.
      But yeah, we gave them a proper match when we last played them and deservedly went through.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Apr 01, 2010 02:49:46 pm
      Surely you can't compare Sissoko to any of Barca's players.
      But yeah, we gave them a proper match when we last played them and deservedly went through.

Did you not read my post. I said they were afraid to go near him with the ball because he clattered them all over the pitch that night.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #5: Apr 01, 2010 02:51:51 pm
      I'll be very happy if they win it again because it would prove everyone wrong who says you have to cheat to be the best in football.

Spot on there, Ally.

I would say Arsenal is indeed entertaining and yesterday, we saw two of the most entertaining teams draw swords and the men(kids) from Emirates were just no match even though they had some of their moments.

We, ourselves, can be very entertaining too, especially the last 11 games of last season.

Did you not read my post. I said they were afraid to go near him with the ball because he clattered them all over the pitch that night.

;D, reminded me that Momo almost scored his first goal from half way line in the return leg at Anfield but it hit the bar!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #6: Apr 01, 2010 02:52:19 pm

I know. That might be how you stop them from running at you but when they pass the ball around you can't clatter them. Plus if i was playing for a team like Barca and the opposition resorted to clattering me to stop me playing football i'd be pretty pissed off.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Apr 01, 2010 02:54:52 pm
      I know. That might be how you stop them from running at you but when they pass the ball around you can't clatter them. Plus if I was playing for a team like Barca and the opposition resorted to clattering me to stop me playing football I'd be pretty pissed off.

All I know is it worked that night and put us through. We harried them all over the pitch and they didn't have time to play the quality passing game. Arsenal gave them all the time in the world last night and in fact it was Barcelona who harried them high up the pitch to win the ball back in Arsenal's half. Until they hit the cruise control button that is.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #8: Apr 01, 2010 02:55:29 pm
      I know. That might be how you stop them from running at you but when they pass the ball around you can't clatter them. Plus if I was playing for a team like Barca and the opposition resorted to clattering me to stop me playing football I'd be pretty pissed off.

Yeah, feel the same. It ain't easy when there's a bulldozer charging at you all times.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #9: Apr 01, 2010 02:56:16 pm
      All I know is it worked that night and put us through. We harried them all over the pitch and they didn't have time to play the quality passing game. Arsenal gave them all the time in the world last night and in fact it was Barcelona who harried them high up the pitch to win the ball back in Arsenal's half. Until they hit the cruise control button that is.

Arsenal tried to fight fire with fire last night. Wenger being too stubborn to admit that his "fire" wasn't as fierce as Barca's.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: Apr 01, 2010 02:57:08 pm
      I know. That might be how you stop them from running at you but when they pass the ball around you can't clatter them. Plus if i was playing for a team like Barca and the opposition resorted to clattering me to stop me playing football i'd be pretty pissed off.

Tough, it's called doing the job, Arsenal tried to play football against them last night and we saw what happened.

Barcelona are right now the best team in the world, but what really impressed me last night was how they hunted the Arsenal players down in packs, hassled them and are not afraid to throw challenges in themselves.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #11: Apr 01, 2010 03:00:14 pm
      Tough, it's called doing the job, Arsenal tried to play football against them last night and we saw what happened.

Barcelona are right now the best team in the world, but what really impressed me last night was how they hunted the Arsenal players down in packs, hassled them and are not afraid to throw challenges in themselves.

They were showing on TV how Barcelona players come in packs. If one Barcelona player misses out, there's a back up to get the ball from the opponent and if that one misses out, there's another and so on. Pretty good team work we've seen.

Pretty neat stuff too when we saw some flicks and back heels being done! And I hardly see Xavi lose the ball!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #12: Apr 01, 2010 03:02:07 pm

Is it?

There's a big difference between giving players no time on the ball, and clattering them. Players who haven't got the same skill level as others have to make up for it in other ways. Not by fouling them. (Clattered is actually the word he used)

I honestly wouldn't like to play for a team that resorted to fouling to stop another team from playing. That's my opinion.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #13: Apr 01, 2010 03:05:49 pm
      I bet it'll be like MEN Vs BOYS at Camp Nou.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #14: Apr 01, 2010 03:09:40 pm
      Is it?

There's a big difference between giving players no time on the ball, and clattering them. Players who haven't got the same skill level as others have to make up for it in other ways. Not by fouling them. (Clattered is actually the word he used)

I honestly wouldn't like to play for a team that resorted to fouling to stop another team from playing. That's my opinion.

I used the word clattered because that was Sissoko. He was a clumsy f**ker at the best of times but he nearly always got the ball and gave them no time on it. Unfortunately for Momo he had a tendancy to give away fouls even though he won the ball because he usually collected the player in the process. Now get down off your high horse.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #15: Apr 01, 2010 03:18:08 pm
      Now get down off your high horse.

If you can't imagine someone believing that fouling on purpose is bad for football (which is what i'm saying just to make you know) then i pity you.

I still do play football every weekend and when you play against idiots who just foul you constantly because they've got no skill it's infuriating. They have sports like Rugby for that (which ironically is played more by actual gentlemen)

So actually mate, I'm not on any high horse - it's just a sensible point of view.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #16: Apr 01, 2010 03:21:32 pm
      If you can't imagine someone believing that fouling on purpose is bad for football (which is what I'm saying just to make you know) then I pity you.

I still do play football every weekend and when you play against idiots who just foul you constantly because they've got no skill it's infuriating. They have sports like Rugby for that (which ironically is played more by actual gentlemen)

So actually mate, I'm not on any high horse - it's just a sensible point of view.

You really don't read my posts properly. I wasn't advocating fouling on purpose I said Sissoko was clumsy so he tended to get the ball and "clatter" or stumble if you prefer over the player in the process. Stop making it into something it isn't.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #17: Apr 01, 2010 03:23:06 pm
      You really don't read my posts properly. I wasn't advocating fouling on purpose I said Sissoko was clumsy so he tended to get the ball and "clatter" or stumble if you prefer over the player in the process. Stop making it into something it isn't.

So why did you say get down off your high horse?

What did i say to make you think i'm acting like i'm too good for you?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18: Apr 01, 2010 03:29:43 pm
      So why did you say get down off your high horse?

What did I say to make you think I'm acting like I'm too good for you?

That's not what get down off your high horse means.
      You were going off on a rant about something which was a lighthearted comment. That's why my response was made.

Anyway that's not why I posted on here originally. I was just looking back at the fact the we beat them. Something the mancs, chavski and Arsenal haven't done in a long time. So forgive me if I look back fondly on a big lanky clumsy midfielder who for one great night scared Barcelona off the pitch... but he did and I for one enjoyed it.

Peace Motherf**ker.
      « Last Edit: Apr 01, 2010 03:36:35 pm by racerx34 »
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #19: Apr 01, 2010 03:34:20 pm
      That's not what get down off your high horse means.
      You were going off on a rant about something which was a lighthearted comment. That's why my response was made.

Then you don't know what "Get down off your high horse" means.
      It does actually mean someone is pretending to be a better or bigger person than you. It's got nothing to do with me having a "rant" about a lighthearted comment.

Definition
      come/get (down) off your high horse
      to stop talking as if you were better or more clever than other people

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/define.asp?key=97718

Maybe you want to learn what a phrase actually means before using it next time.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #20: Apr 01, 2010 03:40:15 pm
      It also means this.

Fig. to become humble; to be less haughty

« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2010 04:04:33 pm by racerx34 »
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      Reply #21: Apr 01, 2010 03:45:17 pm
      Darn, stop it you guys ;D.

Making me regret starting this thread now!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      Reply #22: Apr 01, 2010 03:46:54 pm
      Sorry Ad.

Back on topic....

That Ibra fella is sh*te isn't he ;)

Quick Reply