Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

FC Barcelona

Read 95800 times
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Re: FC Barcelona
      Reply #46: May 18, 2010 08:00:37 pm
      I just love it how articles about any Spanish team end up with talking about Real Madrid ot Jose Mourinho, not Inter's manager, but Chelsea's former boss.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #47: May 19, 2010 01:27:42 pm
      They can sign anyone they want but if I'm not mistaken, we were the last English team to win at the Camp Nou Stadia ;)
      Ov3rdose
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,961 posts | 17 
      Reply #48: May 19, 2010 06:07:56 pm
      They're going to do a Real Madrid. Sign everyone and end up with sh*t.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #49: May 19, 2010 06:40:31 pm
      SSN are all but rubbing one out over their potential starting line up next year. . . And yes they have included Cesc
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #50: May 19, 2010 06:43:27 pm

Wouldn't go that far. They are buying proper quality in certain positions, not just buying the players that sell shirts and then trying to fit them in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #51: May 19, 2010 06:44:20 pm

Doubt it, they will probably only sign Cesc and then no one else, they never do more than 2 massive transfer deals per year.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #52: Jul 24, 2010 04:24:23 am
      For a team who plays one of the best football in the world, I find the way they are taking the Cesc Fabregas thing a tad too far.

I know Cesc was from Barca and he's torn between two loves - his boyhood team and the team that made him who he is today. I can see he loves Arsenal alot, but being from Barcelona, it makes it difficult for him when they come calling.

I know Pique and Puyol meant it as a joke when they pulled the Barcelona top over him during Spain's World Cup celebration but I find it disrespectful because he is still an Arsenal player.

Also, most of their players have gone publicly about wanting him back. It's like they are teasing him!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #53: Jul 24, 2010 03:14:52 pm
      For a team who plays one of the best football in the world, I find the way they are taking the Cesc Fabregas thing a tad too far.

I know Cesc was from Barca and he's torn between two loves - his boyhood team and the team that made him who he is today. I can see he loves Arsenal alot, but being from Barcelona, it makes it difficult for him when they come calling.

I know Pique and Puyol meant it as a joke when they pulled the Barcelona top over him during Spain's World Cup celebration but I find it disrespectful because he is still an Arsenal player.

Also, most of their players have gone publicly about wanting him back. It's like they are teasing him!

I wouldn't say it's like they are teasing him at all or taking anything too far. Most of the time when any member of Barcelona, be it the management or the player has mentioned Cesc is because they have been asked a question about him. Fact is Cesc wants to leave Arsenal and return to his boyhood club and the club want him back, just Arsenal aren't prepared to let him go for anything other than silly money which he isn't worth.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #54: Aug 30, 2010 06:28:46 pm
      Anyone else just F***ing sick of this lot now?

I had huge respect for Barca, the way they played their wonderful football, the way they brought the core of their team through the youth system but I've lost any respect I had for them.

Their blatant tapping up of players is ridiculous. Their whole attitude towards getting a signing is F***ing horrible. They did it with Fabregas, they did it with Masch and they are doing it with Torres again apparently.

Keep your F***ing mouth shut Xavi, Villa or whoever it is. Just because you are probably the best team in the world doesn't mean you can make the rules and do what you want.

Anyone but Barca and Real for the La Liga title now!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #55: Aug 30, 2010 06:42:23 pm
      Yeah, they're starting to get on my tits now, just because they are a dominant footballing side atm they think they can voice an opinion and it will be fact.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #56: Aug 30, 2010 07:10:37 pm
      They are a bunch of cu*ts, no doubt about it.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #57: Aug 30, 2010 07:35:43 pm
      How they play football has no correlation to how much of a c**t they are off the pitch.
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #58: Aug 30, 2010 07:39:38 pm
      Bunch of cu*ts
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #59: Aug 30, 2010 07:45:47 pm
      Their is a supreme arrogance that has swept through Barcelona this summer. There undiginfied pursuit of Cesc Fabregas stunk badly and the worst thing is they tried making Arsenal look like the immoral side in the whole debacle. Wenger was made to look like a rottweiler but at the end of the day he stood up for his team and his player, carefully reminding him of his duty he has to Arsenal in signing a contract there a while back. At the end of the day, only Wenger's status rose when it was concluded that he was staying with the Gunners. Then came the Mascherano fiasco in which they got their man and now they've set eyes on Torres. A complete disrespect to our club and the massive amount of respect I had for Barcelona has now gone.

And why should teams like Arsenal or us be getting bullied by this club? One look at that clubs financial situation suggests they get their priorities in order. Sorting out a ÂŁ370 million debt I'm sure you'd all agree is a far more pressing matter than trying to bully players off from other clubs. That figure suggests only one thing though - they cannot afford to buy Torres or Fabregas in the future.

Just a wee reminder of their bank balance.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8859257.stm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #60: Aug 30, 2010 09:11:35 pm
      Anyone else just F***ing sick of this lot now?

I had huge respect for Barca, the way they played their wonderful football, the way they brought the core of their team through the youth system but I've lost any respect I had for them.

Their blatant tapping up of players is ridiculous. Their whole attitude towards getting a signing is F***ing horrible. They did it with Fabregas, they did it with Masch and they are doing it with Torres again apparently.

Keep your F***ing mouth shut Xavi, Villa or whoever it is. Just because you are probably the best team in the world doesn't mean you can make the rules and do what you want.

Anyone but Barca and Real for the La Liga title now!

Why Barcelona are going from world's favourite club to its most hated
      By Brian Reade

Did you know the second most-hated team in South Korea after Pyongyang City is Barcelona?

Bit of a surprise eh? ­Especially as the Catalans have done such a sound job convincing the rest of us they are divine missionaries sent to show sinners how to be successful yet humble, scornful of wealth yet rich in so many other ways.

A sort of Mother Theresa in Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Elite FG boots.

South Korea used to like them. Up until three weeks ago, when Barca accepted £2million for the briefest of visits, and couldn’t contain their disdain for the place

They fielded a team of reserves against a K-League All Stars team with ticket prices set at five times the going rate.

Lionel Messi was asked what he thought of the country and replied with a yawn: “I don’t know where I am and what time it is. I’m too tired.”

Furious fans demanded refunds after Pep Guardiola announced that Messi wouldn’t be playing. By the time he reluctantly threw Messi on for 17 minutes (to ride out contractual fines) the stadium was half-empty. As Barça swiftly departed Seoul an official K-League statement accused them of an “insincere attitude”, and the media lambasted their breath-taking arrogance, a feeling summed up by the journalist who wrote: “A club which is supposed to be more than a club isn’t much of a club at all.”

Which is a perception that’s been gathering pace all summer, kicking off with their attempts to nick Cesc Fabregas on the cheap. President Jean Laporta thanked Fabregas for saying he wanted to join them, adding he was sure Arsenal would understand and relent, while pointing out he would not be bullied over price.

So blatant was the tapping-up you wondered how UEFA could stay silent. And when senior players publicly demanded his release you expected the NSPCC to demand a child abuse inquiry.

Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique forced a Barca shirt on him, and Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets all told the media how it was natural justice that Cesc should be playing with them next season.

It was an outrage compounded by Laporta refusing to go above ÂŁ29m for such an immensely gifted 23-year-old, when they were flogging a reserve, Yaya Toure, to Manchester City for ÂŁ24m.

Anyone giving them the benefit of the doubt over Fabregas, on the grounds that it was where he grew up, has surely binned such notions after their pursuit of Javier Mascherano. The tapping-up started last summer when Rafa Benitez gave it short shrift. But they’ve been tapping away ever since, exploiting the fact that his wife can’t settle in England in order to get him at a knock-down fee.

Once again they encouraged their stars to indulge in emotional blackmail.

“Javier won’t play for the club again, I can assure you of that. He is depressed. Liverpool must act humanely and let him go,” said world renowned peace activist Messi.

Humanely? Liverpool were always prepared to put the mercenary’s bags in a Davy Liver cab the second a £20m deal came in. Which was a reasonable request.

He’s the captain of Argentina, arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world, cost £18m and there was two years left on his contract.

Barcelona agreeing terms with Mascherano then offering his club £12m plus a reject, and saying they wouldn’t be held to ransom, was what I called inhumane.

This summer we’ve looked through Mother Theresa’s blue-and-red skirts and what we’ve seen hasn’t been pretty. It is as though the Catalans are so filled with self-love they don’t realise they’ve become a parody of their “more than a club” motto.

When they adopted Unicef’s logo in the most brilliant PR move ever, Laporta turned into a cheesey Michael Jackson clone by announcing: “The people of Barça are very proud to donate our shirt to the children of the world who are our present, but especially are our future.”

Especially if they can tap them up and nab them for sod-all when they grow up.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Brian-Reade-column-Cesc-Fabregas-and-Javier-Mascherano-tapping-up-is-making-Barcelona-the-world-s-most-hated-club-plus-Jose-Mourinho-is-still-haunted-by-Liverpool-article566421.html
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #61: Aug 30, 2010 09:59:04 pm
      Why Barcelona are going from world's favourite club to its most hated
      By Brian Reade

Did you know the second most-hated team in South Korea after Pyongyang City is Barcelona?

Bit of a surprise eh? ­Especially as the Catalans have done such a sound job convincing the rest of us they are divine missionaries sent to show sinners how to be successful yet humble, scornful of wealth yet rich in so many other ways.

A sort of Mother Theresa in Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Elite FG boots.

South Korea used to like them. Up until three weeks ago, when Barca accepted £2million for the briefest of visits, and couldn’t contain their disdain for the place

They fielded a team of reserves against a K-League All Stars team with ticket prices set at five times the going rate.

Lionel Messi was asked what he thought of the country and replied with a yawn: “I don’t know where I am and what time it is. I’m too tired.”

Furious fans demanded refunds after Pep Guardiola announced that Messi wouldn’t be playing. By the time he reluctantly threw Messi on for 17 minutes (to ride out contractual fines) the stadium was half-empty. As Barça swiftly departed Seoul an official K-League statement accused them of an “insincere attitude”, and the media lambasted their breath-taking arrogance, a feeling summed up by the journalist who wrote: “A club which is supposed to be more than a club isn’t much of a club at all.”

Which is a perception that’s been gathering pace all summer, kicking off with their attempts to nick Cesc Fabregas on the cheap. President Jean Laporta thanked Fabregas for saying he wanted to join them, adding he was sure Arsenal would understand and relent, while pointing out he would not be bullied over price.

So blatant was the tapping-up you wondered how UEFA could stay silent. And when senior players publicly demanded his release you expected the NSPCC to demand a child abuse inquiry.

Carles Puyol and Gerard Pique forced a Barca shirt on him, and Andres Iniesta, Lionel Messi and Sergio Busquets all told the media how it was natural justice that Cesc should be playing with them next season.

It was an outrage compounded by Laporta refusing to go above ÂŁ29m for such an immensely gifted 23-year-old, when they were flogging a reserve, Yaya Toure, to Manchester City for ÂŁ24m.

Anyone giving them the benefit of the doubt over Fabregas, on the grounds that it was where he grew up, has surely binned such notions after their pursuit of Javier Mascherano. The tapping-up started last summer when Rafa Benitez gave it short shrift. But they’ve been tapping away ever since, exploiting the fact that his wife can’t settle in England in order to get him at a knock-down fee.

Once again they encouraged their stars to indulge in emotional blackmail.

“Javier won’t play for the club again, I can assure you of that. He is depressed. Liverpool must act humanely and let him go,” said world renowned peace activist Messi.

Humanely? Liverpool were always prepared to put the mercenary’s bags in a Davy Liver cab the second a £20m deal came in. Which was a reasonable request.

He’s the captain of Argentina, arguably the best defensive midfielder in the world, cost £18m and there was two years left on his contract.

Barcelona agreeing terms with Mascherano then offering his club £12m plus a reject, and saying they wouldn’t be held to ransom, was what I called inhumane.

This summer we’ve looked through Mother Theresa’s blue-and-red skirts and what we’ve seen hasn’t been pretty. It is as though the Catalans are so filled with self-love they don’t realise they’ve become a parody of their “more than a club” motto.

When they adopted Unicef’s logo in the most brilliant PR move ever, Laporta turned into a cheesey Michael Jackson clone by announcing: “The people of Barça are very proud to donate our shirt to the children of the world who are our present, but especially are our future.”

Especially if they can tap them up and nab them for sod-all when they grow up.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Brian-Reade-column-Cesc-Fabregas-and-Javier-Mascherano-tapping-up-is-making-Barcelona-the-world-s-most-hated-club-plus-Jose-Mourinho-is-still-haunted-by-Liverpool-article566421.html

I thinks some one has nabed this? http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=32587.msg758219#msg758219

:D but if so or if not I do not care as I nabed from the PD.

All Bad Press about others is fine by me eh HR ;)

Barca, Real Madrid, and all the other chosen/untouchable teams, you know who you are, can shout all you want, cheat all you want, be pandered to by FIFA, UEFA a,d Sky, because we are LIVERPOOL FC.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #62: Aug 30, 2010 10:40:56 pm
      I thinks some one has nabed this? http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=32587.msg758219#msg758219

:D but if so or if not I do not care as I nabed from the PD.

All Bad Press about others is fine by me eh HR ;)

Ha ha ha

hadn't seen that sorry!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #63: Aug 31, 2010 01:18:45 am
      They were one of my favourite teams but I have lost a lot of respect for them with the whole Fabregas, Mascherano and arrogant approach of their players and staff.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #64: Sep 02, 2010 07:03:27 am
      Zlatan Ibrahimovic labels Pep Guardiola 'small-time coach' in bitter attack

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has taken another swipe at Barcelona manager Pep Guardiola, dismissing him as a "small time" coach.

"In my book, a great coach solves his problems. A small-time coach runs from them," the 28-year-old Sweden forward told a press conference in Stockholm.

"There was only one person (on the Barcelona team) who wanted to get rid of me," he insisted, explaining why he left the team and signed for AC Milan over the weekend on an initial one-year loan with a pre-arranged €24million permanent deal arranged for the end of the season.

He had spent just one year in Spain after joining from Inter Milan for €50million plus Samuel Eto'o.

"I have never had problems with any coach before during my career," he said.

"But suddenly I had a thousand problems and I had no communication with 'the Philosopher'. No communication whatsoever. I don't know what his problem was," he said of Guardiola.

"I couldn't take it. I had no choice but to find a new place of work and I was lucky to go to a club like Milan. I am 28 years old and can not afford to lose a year sitting on the bench and watching the weather," he added.

Ibrahimovic is in Stockholm with his national team for a Euro 2012 qualifier against Hungary on Friday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/7976297/Zlatan-Ibrahimovic-labels-Pep-Guardiola-small-time-coach-in-bitter-attack.html

Interesting!
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #65: Sep 02, 2010 07:31:23 am
      Well I always thought Ibra was a bit of a berk, but to be fair Barcelona have been really disgraceful in this last year, tapping up Cesc, Masch and a pletora of others. Its really poor, and for a club that used to command so much respect.

Although I still love to watch them play.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #66: Sep 02, 2010 10:37:22 am
      I had to laugh at Ibrahimovic's comments especially after his agent suggested that Guardiola would have to be mentally ill not to pick the lanky Swedish tosser !
      I don't hate Barcelona, as for the tapping up of Fabregas just look at Schwarzer who hasn't played for Fulahm since Arsenal declared an interest and Squillachi who did a Mascherano and refused to play. Sadly in modern football there doesn't seem to be any honour and the use of agents by clubs and players is almost out of control.
      « Last Edit: Sep 02, 2010 10:58:42 am by FATKOPITE10 »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #67: Sep 02, 2010 10:49:04 am
      Ibra has gone up in my books! Anyone slagging Barca is a smart person.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #68: Sep 02, 2010 11:36:17 am
      Just figured out that the FC stands for in FC Barcelona.  :f_steam:

Quick Reply