Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Confirmed Liverpool transfer deals (Summer 2007)

Read 17932 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Confirmed Liverpool transfer deals (Summer 2007)
      Reply #23: Aug 29, 2007 12:34:19 pm
      I agree Eddie, we need to put away the chances we do get, I think Kuyt is most guilty of this, I really like him but I wish he was more clinical in front of goal.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #24: Aug 31, 2007 05:18:54 pm
      Damien Plessi, holding midfielder from Lyon signed for us today.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N156863070831-1618.htm (<<< source)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #25: Sep 01, 2007 11:18:23 am
      Damien Plessi, holding midfielder from Lyon signed for us today.

Added.

So that's it.  I make it £17.2 million to rise to about £23 million when the Torres deal is paid in full.

Not a vast amount of money.  Certainly not the £50 million the media would have you believe.  After a European Champions League finals appearance, and now qualification in to the group stages my personal view is that our new owners are already extracting money out the club?

Thoughts?
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Reply #26: Sep 01, 2007 11:56:48 am
      i for one agree with JD.

well said mate, all this crap about liverpool spending this huge amount of money and us being under pressure. what a load of crap. even fulham & sunderland have spent nearly as much went we take into account who we have got rid off and to what amount we have recouped.

for my view its Chelsea and utd who have spent the most over the last 5 years, yes OK we do spend every summer but just take a look at what money we get back.

the money i know we recouped was ruffly

3.5 Garcia
      2.7 pongolla
      7.5 Bellamy
      6.1 cisse
      4.0 Gonzalez
      1.5 / Pauletta

thats already a recoup of £ 25.3 mill plus players out of the likes of fowler, zenden, carson on loan, dudek, le tallec and other to help keep the wage bill half sensible too.

all this media witch hunt that we have been heavy spenders is crap, i also keep hearing that we paid 27 mill for torres that is crap. we have paid 20.2 mill for torres that could rise up ton 26 mill.

total spent was

5mill benyauoun
      20.2 mill  torres
      11.5 mill babel
      5 mill Lucas leiva
      2 mill leto
      plus other youth contracts and reserve players and the French 2nd choice keeper for 1.5 mill

close est spend at £ 45.2  -   Â£ 25.3 recoup =  a sped on no more than  £ 20 mill ;

so for us spending a neat 40 mill straight on new players was a load of Shiite end of............   we should  have added a new center half we might live to regret this move..............
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,654 posts | 6948 
      Reply #27: Sep 01, 2007 12:13:31 pm
      Was surprised we didn't move for a centre back too, although Hyypia has more than played well when required.  It is an area we do look light on, but only in comparison to a very deep squad in all other positions.

Three quality centre backs with others who can do a job there should be enough.

I expect us to make a move in January in that position.

Back to the money point - I don't think we have shelled out more than £20 million either.  The funny thing is - if Liverpool were in United's position now having spent three times as much can you imagine how much the media would be on Rafa's back?

Every time you hear someone on TV or radio say the reds have spent £40 odd million this summer we all know their head is up their arse.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #28: Sep 01, 2007 12:59:04 pm
      For me money spent doesn't come into it, I only look at the players we bought. On the whole I'm happy with the signings we made and with the exception of Malouda I don't think Rafa missed out on any of his first choices. The players bought might not have been exactly the ones I would've gone for, but I think Rafa has mainly got who he wanted & that's the most important thing.

One thing's for sure, if we carry on the way we have I don't think anyone will care how much we spent.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #29: Sep 01, 2007 01:20:32 pm
      I'd tsill have prefered Mancini for a few extra million to Benayoun....but Benayoun has showed some class, as has Pennant.
      EddieC

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Reply #30: Sep 01, 2007 01:31:47 pm
      Is Le Tallec's transfer confirmed now?
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #31: Sep 01, 2007 01:34:04 pm
      Yes, he's gone to Le Mans....undisclosed fee IIRC.

Quick Reply