Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Windows Vista

Read 4398 times
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Windows Vista
      Jun 06, 2007 01:01:46 am
      Had this on a new PC for a couple of months now.

Works quite well.  Quite like it.  That Windows Sidebar feature is quite nifty.  I have a Radio widget which gets loads of UK radio stations and there is a good Feed Rotator so I can keep up with the latest LFC news and even Forum posts just start appearing from this board after I have been on the board.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Re: Windows Vista
      Reply #1: Jun 06, 2007 11:31:05 am
      Had this on a new PC for a couple of months now.

Works quite well.  Quite like it.  That Windows Sidebar feature is quite nifty.  I have a Radio widget which gets loads of UK radio stations and there is a good Feed Rotator so I can keep up with the latest LFC news and even Forum posts just start appearing from this board after I have been on the board.

Hiya KoolKidda, I wondered whether to upgrade from XP but was put off by some of the bugs in the Vista software, in your experience do you think it is a stable operating system? Also have you had any problems at all with it? or do you think Microsofts patches have fixed some of Vista’s teething troubles? Cheers mate.
      Glenbuck
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Jun 07, 2007 01:16:14 am
      Hiya KoolKidda, I wondered whether to upgrade from XP but was put off by some of the bugs in the Vista software, in your experience do you think it is a stable operating system? Also have you had any problems at all with it? or do you think Microsofts patches have fixed some of Vista’s teething troubles? Cheers mate.
      Glenbuck

It's as stable if not more so than XP in my opinion.  I have had the Blue Screen of death a couple of times but that has been when I have been running Media Player 11 as a home network server so I can view my music, pics etc wirelessly on my PS3 downstairs.

Apart from that it's been great.  I'm not too sure about 'upgrading' but if you are looking at getting a new PC soon then you will probably like it.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #3: Jun 07, 2007 01:41:48 pm
      It's as stable if not more so than XP in my opinion.  I have had the Blue Screen of death a couple of times but that has been when I have been running Media Player 11 as a home network server so I can view my music, pics etc wirelessly on my PS3 downstairs.

Apart from that it's been great.  I'm not too sure about 'upgrading' but if you are looking at getting a new PC soon then you will probably like it.

Cheers for that mate I had heard it runs better if pre-installed on a new pc but I only built my current one about ten months ago so it might just take Vista anyway. Many thanks for the info I think I might just try installing it. ;D
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #4: Jul 24, 2007 11:50:17 pm
      Cheers for that mate I had heard it runs better if pre-installed on a new pc but I only built my current one about ten months ago so it might just take Vista anyway. Many thanks for the info I think I might just try installing it. ;D

Did you install it then mate?
      I've also heard it's better pre-installed on a new pc, so that's put me off upgrading my current one. To be fair, I'm quite happy with XP at the moment though. I only really use the comp for basic stuff and I'm not that clued up on the ins and outs of operating systems.

Anyone else got any views on Vista?
      aditya
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts | -3 
      • We won it 5 times baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Reply #5: Nov 07, 2007 12:55:56 am
      My dad just upgraded my desktop with new Vista.

It works just fine on my desktop but kinda slow on my dad's laptop.

It does have cool features like flash already installed on mine ans had iTunes CD with the keyboard and stuff.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #6: Nov 07, 2007 08:56:16 am
      I'm getting Vaio Laptop in the next couple of days and that has Vista on it, I've vever actually used it before so I have no idea how it runs....

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #7: Nov 07, 2007 06:35:53 pm
      I'm getting Vaio Laptop in the next couple of days and that has Vista on it, I've vever actually used it before so I have no idea how it runs....

It's okay.  Only major problem I have noticed is copying files to memory sticks and stuff - ridiculously slow.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #8: Nov 07, 2007 08:17:11 pm
      We have a Vista PC and it seems to be running fine, we got a high spec one anyway as we got loads of music to put on it and so it's a tad quicker so we should be alright with it for a while.

bravon33
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      • South Wales
      Reply #9: Nov 08, 2007 12:21:36 pm
      It's okay.  Only major problem I have noticed is copying files to memory sticks and stuff - ridiculously slow.

Yeah I've noticed that too even though my laptop came with Vista and is high enough spec. Very frustrating at times!

Still, would recommend Vista for sure.
      U-Borat
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 398 posts | -38 
      Reply #10: Nov 12, 2007 11:01:58 am
      Vista laptop coming in 2 weeks. :D

Quick Reply