Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Danny Wilson (Liverpool -> Hearts)

Read 55582 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Re: Danny Wilson (Liverpool -> Hearts)
      Reply #322: Aug 24, 2011 11:25:26 pm
      I think we can safely say he had a good game tonight.  His first good game for us.

Maybe it was the standard of opposition, or maybe it was because he was back in his preferred central defence.  I do wonder how it's going to pan out for him at Liverpool - especially if the rumours about Coates signing come true.

Jury still very much out, but good stuff tonight.
      TartanRed
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 205 posts |
      • Shankly! Shankly!
      Reply #323: Aug 25, 2011 01:51:30 am
      Really should have quoted Scottbot or whatever....

We'll never know unless he's given a try JD... No point playing him at LB.

Loan him to a EPL team if need be... CB for Scotland...I can handle that! :-)
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #324: Aug 25, 2011 02:25:01 am
      I thought he looked pretty good tonight but then again he had a corner shop attack coming at him.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #325: Aug 25, 2011 02:27:08 am
      I thought he looked pretty good tonight but then again he had a corner shop attack coming at him.

Corner shop attack?  Is that like, only 2 children at a time or something?  :P
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #326: Aug 25, 2011 02:42:59 am
      I thought it did a good job tonight, with the rumors of Coats coming to the club Wilson really needs to go on loan to get some games because he will have to wait and hope for injury crisis to get a game with the first game.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,154 posts | 259 
      Reply #327: Aug 25, 2011 03:06:31 am
      Not for me. Why risk the result? It's a great chance to get Skrtel back in the mix but I'll be fearful if this lad plays. Of all our younger players he (for me) is one who is definately not up to it. I don't think he'll ever make a Premier League footballer.

Sorry but it's quite a harsh you judge this 19 yo lad who play in the position with huge responsibility on the pitch who was a great prospect before he arrive our club, just before you see him play couple of game in the hardest league in the world.

I'll always give all our young lads chances to try their best before judge them.
      aussieredave
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 961 posts |
      Reply #328: Aug 25, 2011 03:23:44 am
      Corner shop attack?  Is that like, only 2 children at a time or something?  :P

There front men looked like dudes selling hot chips at the corner shop man pretty ordinary.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #329: Aug 25, 2011 08:33:27 am
      Sorry but it's quite a harsh you judge this 19 yo lad who play in the position with huge responsibility on the pitch who was a great prospect before he arrive our club, just before you see him play couple of game in the hardest league in the world.

I'll always give all our young lads chances to try their best before judge them.

Just saying it as I see it fella, not trying to be harsh. I've seent the lad play a few times now and whilst he is clearly (technically) a good little footballer he is (in my opinion) very slow (deffo too slow to ever play full-back) and not strong enough (particularly in the air) to be an EPL centre-half. He did quite well last night and had a tidy game but we must have had the ball for more than 60% of the game and the lad didn't have a great deal to do.
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2011 08:53:57 am by Scottbot »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #330: Sep 03, 2011 05:09:52 pm
      Any more talk of him going out on loan to a championsip side?

Harsh penalty decision against him today when he came on for Scotland
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #331: Sep 03, 2011 05:10:59 pm
      Any more talk of him going out on loan to a championsip side?

Harsh penalty decision against him today when he came on for Scotland

I hope so, Championship would be helpful for him. Still believe he can be a good player.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #332: Sep 03, 2011 07:08:50 pm
      Gave away a last minute penalty earlier. The Czech player got past him far too easily than Danny stuck his foot out, missed the ball, missed the player, the player went down without contact and won the penalty which will probably see Scotland out of the Euros.

Harsh on the lad.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #333: Sep 03, 2011 09:36:06 pm
      That penalty was very harsh. Got the ball first and gave a very weak touch, if there was any whatsoever.

Going out on loan playing week in, week out will only do him good. He needs some experience and he won't be getting that here.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #334: Oct 11, 2011 06:56:57 pm
      Pool could move for second Liverpool loan man

Tuesday 11 October 2011

LIVERPOOL defender Danny Wilson is Blackpool’s latest transfer target.

The 19-year-old Scotland international is available on loan and the Seasiders are believed to be leading the race for his signature.

Wilson, who is a left-sided central defender, was high on Ian Holloway’s wish list in the summer but a deal couldn’t be done.

The Gazette understands that Wilson had been set to join Nottingham Forest until the sacking of Steve McClaren killed that deal and opened the door for him to join Liverpool team-mate Jonjo Shelvey at Bloomfield Road.

Wilson made eight appearances for the Reds last season, including games in the Europa League and Carling Cup.

A former Under-17, 19 and 21 international, Wilson broke into Craig Levein’s senior Scotland side last season and now has five full caps.

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/pool_could_move_for_second_liverpool_loan_man_1_3858394
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #335: Oct 11, 2011 11:15:06 pm
      Would be a great move for him to get some game time.

Just hope it isn't made permanent.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #336: Oct 11, 2011 11:44:34 pm
      Would be a great move for him to get some game time.

Just hope it isn't made permanent.

I'm still not sure what some fans see in Danny. I really can't see him ever reaching the required level for LFC. I struggle a bit to see him ever really getting there as a Premiership centre-half at any club to be honest. He's a tidy little footballer and shows some good composure on the ball but for me he doesn't head a ball very well (I think he'll be dominated by bigger toughter fowards) and he is also pretty pedestrian in terms of pace. It's a struggle to make inthe EPL as a CB if you're lacking in those atrributes.
      OoLiaaaaaMoO
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,813 posts | 11 
      • In King Kenny WE Trust!
      Reply #337: Oct 12, 2011 12:29:03 am
      I'm still not sure what some fans see in Danny. I really can't see him ever reaching the required level for LFC. I struggle a bit to see him ever really getting there as a Premiership centre-half at any club to be honest. He's a tidy little footballer and shows some good composure on the ball but for me he doesn't head a ball very well (I think he'll be dominated by bigger toughter fowards) and he is also pretty pedestrian in terms of pace. It's a struggle to make inthe EPL as a CB if you're lacking in those atrributes.
      He is 19 and has room to improve, by the time he is 22+ (if he is still with us) I think he will have adapted to the leauge and become a well rounded CB.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #338: Oct 12, 2011 01:16:43 am
      He is 19 and has room to improve, by the time he is 22+ (if he is still with us) I think he will have adapted to the leauge and become a well rounded CB.
      well rounded maybe be probably not good enough for us
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #339: Oct 12, 2011 01:43:48 am

He was never a LB, and that's how we played him.

He has a future, hopefully he's groomed right.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #340: Oct 12, 2011 08:37:04 pm
      He was never a LB, and that's how we played him.

He has a future, hopefully he's groomed right.

Yep, deffo not a left-back, particularly with his his lack of pace but I can't see it at CB either tbh. He's not the tallest, just over 6.1" and I know people might point out that Carra wasn't the tallest either but Wilson doesn't have that strength or snap in the tackle that Carra had even from a young age. Listening to the last interview with the lad you can tell he wants to be playing regularly and doesn't mind leaving if it means he gets a regular game. I think the club will move him elsewhere on a loan with a view to a permanent deal come this January.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,013 posts | 3352 
      Reply #341: Nov 25, 2011 03:52:44 pm
      He's been talking up his chances of playing in the Carling Cup game against Chelsea and also how much he values the games he gets for the reserves. Nice to hear people still taking reserve football seriously.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #342: Dec 31, 2011 01:42:41 pm
      Joined Blackpool on loan for the rest of the season.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #343: Dec 31, 2011 01:44:42 pm
      Liverpool defender Danny Wilson has today joined Championship side Blackpool on loan

The 20 year old, who signed for the Reds from Glasgow Rangers in July 2010, has signed a youth loan, which will keep him at Bloomfield Road until the end of the season.

Wilson becomes the second Liverpool player to make a temporary move to Blackpool this season following on from Jonjo Shelvey's successful period there earlier in the campaign.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/wilson-seals-loan-switch

Good chance for him - gives him the chance to be playing regualry. For a player to develop into a proper player, which I believe he has a chance of doing, then he needs to be playing more regularly and the Championship with Blackpool will be a good chance for him.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #344: Dec 31, 2011 02:18:32 pm
      Good move but we should loan our players to clubs like Fulham, Bolton, Aston Villa and Sunderland. Blackpool is becoming the club Sunderland is for ManU for us.

Quick Reply