Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Danny Wilson (Liverpool -> Hearts)

Read 55579 times
      Suarez-7
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,046 posts | 12 
      Re: Danny Wilson (Liverpool -> Hearts)
      Reply #345: Dec 31, 2011 02:37:26 pm
      Really happy for the lad, we seemed to have struck up a great partnership with B-pool.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #346: Dec 31, 2011 04:10:09 pm
      Good luck to him, personally don't see him ever quite making the top grade, this move is definitely a step in right direction for his career.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #347: Jul 18, 2012 05:12:31 pm
      Wilson keen to impress on tour
      Fresh from Liverpool's first tour training session on Tuesday, Danny Wilson spoke to Liverpoolfc.com about how he intends to use the Reds' North American tour to impress new manager Brendan Rodgers.

The Scot also explained how he's managing to cope with the sweltering heat in Boston and why he feels like one of the squad's elders – aged just 20.

Scroll down to read the full interview...

Danny, a word on last season first of all. You were at Blackpool for half of the season. How was that for you? Was it a valuable experience?

I feel a lot better for going out there and playing in some big games that I wouldn't have played in had I stayed. So it was definitely a good experience for me. Getting 10 games and 10 starts was what I needed at the time and I'm just glad to be back and hopefully I can push on this season.

How does it feel to be back amongst the Liverpool lads?

It's great. There are still a few missing but it's great to be back amongst the boys. Training's been really good, really bright and really enjoyable, so everybody's having a good time.

On a personal note, what are your short-term aims for this tour?

Just to get some minutes under my belt. There's a new manager and everyone is looking to impress him and I'm exactly the same. Hopefully I can get some minutes on the pitch and put in some good training sessions over here. Then I'll just take it from there.

You weren't getting much game time at the start of last season at Liverpool. Do you see Brendan Rodgers coming in as a clean slate for yourself and for all the other players?

Yes, I think it is for everybody. He's come in and said he will give us all a chance to show what we can do and in training sessions I've been trying to push myself. Over here, if the manager gives me some game time I'll be trying to put myself in his thoughts.

Have you had a chance to speak to him yet about your future?

No. It's not important at the moment - it's more important for me to just get fit and get myself into a position where I can start trying to push myself into his thoughts. But I haven't spoken to him about anything like that, I just want to do the best I can over here.

We've spoken about your short-term aims for this tour, what about your long-term aims for the coming season?

It just depends on how the next few weeks go. Hopefully I can play myself into (the manager's) plans and just take it from there really. I can't look long-term just yet; I need to work on the short-term. The next few weeks are really important for me.

There are a lot of Academy lads here. Do you feel like one of the senior pros?

Yeah, I'm still only 20 but there are some 17-year-olds here like Raheem. It's great for them to be here but it does make me feel old even though I'm really not!

How are they doing? There's some good young talent there and the fans always want to know about good young players...

They are great. They are fitting in really well and they are all really shining in training - nobody is letting themselves down, so hopefully that can continue on the tour.

How is a young, pallid Scot like yourself finding the heat here?

Not great! I've been slapping the sun cream on. I'm hoping I'll cope but you never can tell.

Tell us a little bit about the training sessions. It looks a little bit intense out there. How does it compare to what you were used to under Kenny and under other managers?

It's just different thoughts really. Every manager has got different ideas on how they want the game played and the manager likes it to be nice and tense, short and sharp. All the boys are enjoying it. It's different from last season but we've all enjoyed it so far and long may that continue.

Has he given the squad and you a lot of feedback? Does he stop training to get a point across?

The manager will let the training flow but if there's something he feels we need to speak about, he will stop and we'll go and do it again. We'll do it until it is right. He's very thorough that way and it's been enjoyable so far.

http://www.lfctour.com/news/wilson-keen-to-impress-on-tour

Very much a forgotten man with us. Especially when this comes up when I'm posting the article:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 182 days.
      Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic

I have to wonder what Brendan plans to do with the lad?
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #348: Jul 18, 2012 05:40:35 pm
      I have to wonder what Brendan plans to do with the lad?

Expect the lad will be out on loan or released to join a cluib in the Championship before the season starts. be surprised if he's still at LFC
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #349: Jul 18, 2012 07:27:06 pm
      I think it is sink or swim for Danny this season. From the little I have seen of him I think he is a good tackler but maybe lacks a little pace. Looks comfortable on the ball, but whether he is good enough to take 4th centre back spot from Carra/Coates is the key. Needs to sparkle in pre-season if he is to get into the cup sides, otherwise a loan is the best he can hope for.   
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #350: Nov 22, 2012 04:35:35 pm
      Wilson seals loan move
      Liverpool have confirmed Danny Wilson has joined Bristol City on an emergency loan.

The Scotland defender, who has made nine first-team appearances for the Reds since moving to Anfield from Rangers in 2010, will spend a two-month spell at Ashton Gate.

City currently sit 23rd in the Championship.

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/wilson-seals-loan-move

At least he'll get some games, get himself out there and work towards a permanent move. Nothing against the lad but it's just not working out. Hope he does well all the same.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #351: Nov 22, 2012 04:54:56 pm
      Wish him the best of luck. I think, if I am honest, this is his level and he should look at it as an opportunity to put himself in the shop window.
      AlexLFC95
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 56 
      Reply #352: Nov 22, 2012 05:53:48 pm
      A club in a relegation battle in the championship. If he doesn't shine there its over for him.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #353: Jan 22, 2013 10:42:31 pm
      Doesn't look like Danny will be back after his loan at Hearts.  Some good comments about having no regrets, despite not playing much.

Interesting that Ngoo might be going to Hearts too.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21143835
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #354: Jan 22, 2013 10:48:23 pm
      Odd one Danny Wilson. Never really played at all for the first team, never really given a chance. Wasnt he supposed to be the Hansen?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #355: Jan 23, 2013 12:25:39 am
      Think we all expected this, shame for the lad as it's pretty much stalled his career. Glad he has no regrets and wish him all the best if he does eventually (as seems almost guaranteed) move on.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #356: Feb 19, 2013 04:56:29 am
      Quite disappointed when a young player like Wilson will leave the club before even getting the chance to play regularly in the 1st team and prove his worth. Maybe some thinks he is just not good enough. Wilson came to us as the best young player in the SPL. Luckily, he has time in his side. I can think of Coates as the next who has a good reputation as a young player but struggling at the moment. Formers like Tallec, Pongolle had their chances but proved not good enough to make the step up from their previous recognitions.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #357: May 27, 2013 10:12:36 am
      Hearts sign Wilson from Liverpool
      The former Anfield defender leaves the club following the expiration of his contract and rejoins the SPL side, with whom he spent the second half of last season on loan
      Hearts have announced the signing of Liverpool defender Danny Wilson, following the expiration of the Scotland international's contract at Anfield.

Wilson becomes manager Gary Locke's first signing of the summer as he looks to rebuild his squad for next season.

The 21-year-old spent the latter of half of last season on loan at Tynecastle and says that he is thrilled to be making the move permanent.

"I am delighted to have my future sorted out," he told the club's official website. "It didn't take me long to decide about committing myself to Hearts once the club made it known they were keen to keep me. I just want to play football and I firmly believe that staying at Tynecastle will benefit my career.

"I really enjoyed my time on loan here and am very pleased the move has been made permanent. This is a great club with great supporters and I'm looking forward to helping bring more success to Hearts.

"I believe the club has a bright future with a lot of good young players and being part of that excites me."

The centre-back made 15 appearances for Hearts last season and manager Locke declared his happiness to have captured the former Liverpool man.

"I'm delighted that Danny has decided to sign for the club permanently," he enthused. "He has a wealth of experience despite only being 21 years old and has already shown how talented he is in his loan spell here.

"I'd like to thank Liverpool for allowing him to come here in the first instance and Danny himself for showing faith in this club and choosing us when there was interest elsewhere.

"This is the type of player I'm wanting to attract to the club and I firmly believe that if he continues to play the way that he can then he'll be called back up to the Scotland squad in no time at all."

Goodluck Danny.
      Fowler kop hero
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      Reply #358: May 27, 2013 12:19:44 pm
      Slan
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #359: May 27, 2013 12:38:10 pm
      Good luck to Danny, not a bad player but not good enough, unfortunately.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #360: May 27, 2013 12:45:41 pm
      Always struck me as a strange transfer.
      Best of luck though Danny.
      I'm sure he's glad to get his career back on track.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,925 posts | 283 
      Reply #361: May 27, 2013 12:53:02 pm
      Good luck Danny!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #362: May 27, 2013 01:33:25 pm
      Congrats Danny on getting a move back to Scotland.  Best of luck for the future lad.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #363: May 27, 2013 10:25:45 pm
      All the best in the future Danny. Good luck.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #364: May 28, 2013 03:29:48 pm
      Wishing Danny Wilson all the best. Was a player we saw make very very little competitive appearances for us.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,264 posts | 2825 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #365: May 28, 2013 07:37:35 pm
      Genuinely thought this was a top signing at the time, thought by around now he'd be top top class for us. For whatever reason/reasons didnt work for the boy.

Wish him all the best with his career from here on in
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #366: May 29, 2013 12:08:26 am
      Have to agree Brian78.
      Also had high hopes for his career with us,
      Hope he is able to fulfill his potential.
      real enemy
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 209 posts |
      Reply #367: May 29, 2013 02:42:43 am
      Personally, i would prefer Wilson to join another PL team or maybe a Championship club to give himself a chance to prove his talent in English football. Rarely watch the SPL so not sure if the standard of football there is of good quality.

Quick Reply