Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Hicks & Gillett

Read 226204 times
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Re: GG IN The money will we see any of it
      Reply #1081: Dec 08, 2009 02:41:27 pm
      I saw that klinsmann thind last week in some far far off corner of the web, someone is having a laugh, they wouldn't dare, would they?
      ShanerB
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 881 posts | 25 
      Reply #1082: Dec 08, 2009 07:58:23 pm
      I saw that klinsmann thind last week in some far far off corner of the web, someone is having a laugh, they wouldn't dare, would they?

Don't tempt fate, with these two clowns in charge I'm starting to expect the worst.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1083: Dec 09, 2009 06:09:25 pm
      Got more chance of seeing Lucas and Mascherano feeding endless quality through balls to our front 4 if you ask me  :f_tongueincheek:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,938 posts | 4994 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      GG and his millions
      Reply #1084: Dec 11, 2009 02:35:23 pm
      I'm not sure there is already a thread on this so if so, Many apologies.

Since the news broke about GG's windfall i've wondered how much of it will be handed to Rafa in the Jan transfer window, IMO, To catch up with the so called big boy's financially, We would need serious investment in players, And by that i mean top quality players who are continueuosly linked with the likes of Barcelona, R Madrid and of course our own domestic rivals, Personally i don't think we're to far away from being where we want to be but it's clear we are desperately short in numbers and therefore competition for places in the final X1, The players i have in mind are some of the most sought after names in European football and i for one can't see any reason a club such as ours should not be linked to those players also, Such as Silva,Villa, Aguero, Xavi, Iniesta et al, We all know about how H&G have lied, bullshitted, connived and undermined our manager and to us the fans, And F**k knows what else they have in mind to rob us not only of the biggest chance for years of lifting no 19, But to actually take away the very heart and sole of our beloved club.

I think we should use this opportunity in January to once and for all let  them two cu*ts know we won't be messed with...This is what i propose...If come the end of January and GG has'nt invested a decent and proper package for signings then i think it would be time to start thinking about boycotting some home games, I know it smacks of desparation but how else are we going to vent our feelings apart from the usual banners and protests, How long are we going to put up with these two muppets stringing us along while at the same time other teams in the PL such as Shitty, Spurs, Villa, beating us to CL places, This is real people, Make no mistake, We are in danger of being dragged into being no better than a mid table side, What do you think?  Scary stuff or what?

YNWA     IRWT
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1085: Dec 11, 2009 03:26:31 pm
      If H$G had any intention of getting us out the sh*t they would have got their grubby hands in their pockets before now,to imagine that they will change tack in January is optimistic in the extreme. Talk of boycotting games is as extreme if the clowns don't see that their under investment and lack of support for the manager will eventually impact on their investment then no amount of protest will affect things.
      They are far enough away from the action to feel isolated and unaffected and as you say the only way to make them aware of the F**k ups is through their pocket.
      It might be manageable for them now but as time goes by and we are starved of the rewards that success brings the cowboys will have to cut their losses and F**k off.
      Just where this is taking LFC is anybodies guess but as the man says there's no gain without pain.
      Digging deep in January would be the preferred scenario but the chances are slim.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1086: Dec 11, 2009 04:03:34 pm
      Jaysus I can't believe people think this F***ing clown will give us a cent, they are talking about Rafa having £12 million in January and F**k all next Summer if we don't make the Champions League actually some reports say he will have to sell to balance the books.

I wouldn't be surprised over them figures to be honest and would actually be surprised if there is £12 million in January. Neither Hicks or Gillette are going to provide there own money for transfers, they haven't done it yet and have F**k all intention of doing it now.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #1087: Dec 11, 2009 06:28:53 pm
      All I hope for is that someone high up in the banks (RBS, Wachovia, Standard Chartered) are Liverpool supporters, and decide to call in the loans. And force the pricks to invest or get out.

And that is optimism right there!
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #1088: Dec 11, 2009 07:25:01 pm
      I wouldnt bank on seeing any of this money being invested into the club. The fact that we are being linked with has been players such as Ruud Van Nistlerooy and Patrick Viera shows the sort of finincial playing field we are dealing with in January. We are skint and that fat yank tw*t wont help out if it means putting his hand in his pocket.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #1089: Dec 11, 2009 08:07:39 pm
      All I hope for is that someone high up in the banks (RBS, Wachovia, Standard Chartered) are Liverpool supporters, and decide to call in the loans. And force the pricks to invest or get out.

And that is optimism right there!
      If ony Carlsberg made bankers!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Re: Hicks & Gillett
      Reply #1090: Dec 13, 2009 07:57:33 pm
      These are the 2 clowns I'd blame the most I don't give a sh*t what anyone says, we were flying last year all we needed was the right investment and we would have had a great chance this season.

What the F**k did they do they kept the money they made from the Xabi deal and payed off the banks. We need investment in players and we need it big time our we are going to become a mid table team. Its is the Corthinthans story with Hicks happening all over again, he is like a virus that destroys clubs.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #1091: Dec 13, 2009 07:59:41 pm
      Can't we just start a Jihad against these two pricks.

They won't be happy until they have bled us dry.

Death to the infidels!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1092: Dec 13, 2009 08:02:13 pm
      Ya and if Utd get taken over before us I'll have a breakdown.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #1093: Dec 13, 2009 10:23:37 pm

United are worth more than us and are in bigger debt than us... It will need a one rich f**ker to buy them out... It wont happen, they are in bigger sh*t than us but dont get much media attention as they are loved up by the media.

We need investment big time. The stadium is the big one for us, future will get brighter once we move to the new stadium.

These 2 dicks are not complete clowns, they are rich fuckers but stingy with their cash.. If they want they could inject in the cash to club immediately but these 2 think some next invester will come and will bail them out... Prince Faisal nearly did.... These 2 knobs need to think about the club and sell their shares for best interest of the club.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1094: Dec 13, 2009 10:50:37 pm

Thats alright mate, I'll join you then we can sit together rock back and forth and mutter about where it all went wrong together. :D
      sebrofa
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #1095: Dec 14, 2009 01:44:01 pm
      I don't mean to put a downer on things. 

But I thought I would take a look at the MLB (Major League baseball).  I see that in there particular league Texas rangers are bottom.

I, like many others were excited when H&G took over Liverpool and heard how they took the Rangers and turned them into a major force.

I am going to take this information with a pinch of salt, but what are peoples opinons on our new owners or does anyone know more about the texas rangers and the MLB?

I'm glad you mentioned this because when I first joined this forum,  I read a post from a supporter of the Rangers who warned that what had happened to his club was that investment was put into merchandising and then the money creamed off.  The huge loyal fan base provided funds as they always turned up to support their team so the gate money was creamed off.  In return, no money was spent on players and the team slid down the league into anonymity.  Does this sound familiar?  Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

Sebrofa
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 01:48:50 pm by Reslivo »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #1096: Dec 14, 2009 01:56:40 pm
      It's more than familiar this - just seems like normal business procedure to H$G and they turn up at Anfield occasionally to count the fund paying masses and partake of the freebies on offer,we are being screwed unmercifully by these F***ing morons.
      « Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 02:45:28 pm by stuey »
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      What are your thoughts on the owners?
      Reply #1097: Jan 09, 2010 08:08:54 pm
      I'm just wondering what you guys think about the two clowns?

Do you think things will get better with them in charge? Or do you think we are in dire need of someone else to come in and buy them out?

What are your opinions?

Personally I want them out NOW!  :mad:
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: What are your thoughts on the owners?
      Reply #1098: Jan 09, 2010 08:11:31 pm
      Do you have to ask?
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1099: Jan 09, 2010 08:12:31 pm
      There is a huge thread all about those 2 already
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #1100: Jan 09, 2010 08:15:48 pm

Ah wait the take-over merry go round?

My bad  :o
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,256 posts | 2823 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1101: Jan 09, 2010 08:18:08 pm
      Ah wait the take-over merry go round?

My bad  :o

And the one called " Hicks and Gillette"
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1102: Jan 09, 2010 08:38:46 pm
      In fact almost every thread, particularly regarding transfers turns into a thread about them.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1103: Jan 09, 2010 08:45:52 pm
      Does this question really need to be asked, I'm pretty sure the best thing that will be said about them is they are a couple of complete pricks.

Quick Reply