Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Could This Work ?

Read 3283 times
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Could This Work ?
      Apr 13, 2010 12:43:48 am
      I have been hearing so much sh*te about United's green and gold campaign and the effects its having and i'm kicking myself as why we haven't had an idea like this because at the end off the idea it has picked up alot of media coverage ! My idea is original aswell but i not 100% would it be possible ?

You Know the way Hicks owns the Dallas Stars ? or some ice hockey team i think ? Could we arrange a massive protest for one of their games this would get huge media coverage in the states where it matters to them cu*ts ! I mean we all book out a couple of sections of the arena and have our Liverpool shirts on "They dont care about Rafa they dont care about fans Liverpool FC is in the wrong hands" sang on repeat by the travelling kop echoing around the arena and publicly humiliating Hicks and Gillet.

Now with any other Club i wouldnt think this would be possible,but we have a huge following in the states,and you know the saying where theres a will theres a scouser ;) we could have fundraising events to subsidise the travel arangements from this side of the pond ?

Just an idea i thought id theow it out there ?
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Re: Could This Work ?
      Reply #1: Apr 13, 2010 12:45:55 am
      I have been hearing so much sh*te about United's green and gold campaign and the effects its having and I'm kicking myself as why we haven't had an idea like this because at the end off the idea it has picked up alot of media coverage ! My idea is original aswell but I not 100% would it be possible ?

You Know the way Hicks owns the Dallas Stars ? or some ice hockey team I think ? Could we arrange a massive protest for one of their games this would get huge media coverage in the states where it matters to them cu*ts ! I mean we all book out a couple of sections of the arena and have our Liverpool shirts on "They dont care about Rafa they dont care about fans Liverpool FC is in the wrong hands" sang on repeat by the travelling kop echoing around the arena and publicly humiliating Hicks and Gillet.

Now with any other Club I wouldnt think this would be possible,but we have a huge following in the states,and you know the saying where theres a will theres a scouser ;) we could have fundraising events to subsidise the travel arangements from this side of the pond ?

Just an idea I thought id theow it out there ?

good idea - doubt it would be possible though, but I think your kind of thinking is what is needed
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #2: Apr 13, 2010 12:51:59 am
      Were they not in the process of selling their American teams?

Either way, sounds like a good idea but would it actually be possible?
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #3: Apr 13, 2010 12:54:01 am
      Probably not. . .but this is Liverpool Football Club give me some reasons why it wouldnt be ?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Apr 13, 2010 01:01:08 am
      All you need now are some willing american fans to show how much they want them out. Like the way your thinking
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6939 
      Reply #5: Apr 13, 2010 02:04:55 am
      I posted ages ago that I thought our American fans could have had a huge part to play for the future of Liverpool Football Club.

The whole campaign against Steven Cohen, who made those horrific comments about Liverpool fans and Hillsborough, was very well organised by our American reds.

We all know that more than anywhere in the USA money talks - public profiles matter far more over there than over here.  A couple of well connected reds in the media over there could launch a huge public-relations disaster for those two individuals.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #6: Apr 13, 2010 02:08:58 am
      Brilliant idea. That would definitely get their attention.

I reckon it would work but i don't know how many people we could get to do it.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #7: Apr 13, 2010 02:09:05 am
      I posted ages ago that I thought our American fans could have had a huge part to play for the future of Liverpool Football Club.

The whole campaign against Steven Cohen, who made those horrific comments about Liverpool fans and Hillsborough, was very well organised by our American reds.

We all know that more than anywhere in the USA money talks - public profiles matter far more over there than over here.  A couple of well connected reds in the media over there could launch a huge public-relations disaster for those two individuals.
      But do you think this idea has any potential JD ? Steven Cohen what a c**t ...
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #8: Apr 13, 2010 02:11:48 am
      Brilliant idea. That would definitely get their attention.

I reckon it would work but I don't know how many people we could get to do it.
      Me for sure thats one ! but we could have fundraiser's like poker nights football tournaments,forum donations whatever I dont know to help subsidise us the travelling Kop because for most of us 6,or 700 euro would be too much ! if this was well organised who knows,

We might even get on Sky :P
      Baustinsali08
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 29 
      Reply #9: Apr 18, 2010 09:58:55 pm
      You would certainly get all kinds of coverage, worldwide no doubt, but Hockey is in the playoffs and Gillett owns the Canadians and I guarantee the fans there would not allow a protest, they are very very very passionate about their team. My fear would be if the protest were to be held some hockey fans would pick a fight then it would be negative publicity and fans would lose their voice as just typical hooligans.

Quick Reply