Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Tom And George At Liverpool Game Tonight

Read 8208 times
      Murph
      • Forum Neil Ruddock
      • Started Topic

• 153 posts | 17 
      Tom And George At Liverpool Game Tonight
      Apr 08, 2010 06:28:36 pm
      http://www.spiritofshankly.com/news/Tom ... -Game.html

Spirit Of Shankly has received information that Tom Hicks and George Gillett will be in attendance at tonight's match. They are, apparently, already inside the ground. As a result we are asking people to assist in the display of banners before and during the game, and to join us in a post match demonstration outside of the Directors Entrance in the Main Stand Car Park.

Banners for display can be collected from Kyle outside the Hillsborough Justice Campaign shop prior to tonight's game. We would urge anyone with their own banner to bring that along. After the match, we will gather in the Main Stand car park. Please take part if you can. If you don't stand up for your club and fight for it, who will?

Tom and George - Not Welcome Here!
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Re: Tom And George At Liverpool Game Tonight
      Reply #1: Apr 08, 2010 06:38:51 pm
      Give them an extra bollocking from me when they try to escape their comfy box.
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 08, 2010 10:30:42 pm
      why is there not more protests??

:mad:
      « Last Edit: Apr 09, 2010 01:02:19 am by redkenny »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Apr 08, 2010 10:31:31 pm
      There was a protest at half time
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #4: Apr 08, 2010 11:05:58 pm
      Henrik577. Did you not read the first post?

What do you want us all to do, protest throughout the game? We're clearly trying to save our Football Club. What good is it if we abandon them in the meantime targetting the Yanks. The lads needed on the pitch tonight and they got us.

The Yanks are probably getting it right now, I'm not entirely sure why you're complaining?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #5: Apr 08, 2010 11:09:45 pm

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Even better, get up off your arse and go and protest with them.  If you cant, then join the SOS and give your support via the internet.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #6: Apr 09, 2010 12:27:10 am
      F*cking MI5 must be controlling their attendance at games.Good protest after the game,but probably helicoptered out before it began.How embarrassing is it that they have the audacity to turn up despite the obvious hatred.Decent men would have been long gone.Gobsh*tes is now becoming too good a word to describe them,if they had any ounce of decency,they would keep away from the club until their tenure is over.If they fail to respect this dignity,we have to up the anti until thry're gone.We cannot allow them to bathe in our reflective glory,regardless of what level it's at.They've contributed f*ck all so deserve the same.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #7: Apr 09, 2010 12:50:49 am
      F***ing hope they were there to hand over the keys,cheeky bas**rds.
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      • http://kitster29.deviantart.com/
      Reply #8: Apr 09, 2010 01:01:42 am
      We gave them a load at half time and after the game, lets hope the hard work from SOS and us fans will pay off soon.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #9: Apr 09, 2010 01:04:47 am

Why weren't you at the match?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #10: Apr 09, 2010 01:10:08 am
      The half time protest really got going - most of The Kop joining in. Well done.  Post match protest.

Considering the owners had to leave at half time on police advice - do you not think they are getting the message?

To everyone who stood up and was counted tonight - well in.  You've shown that you love your club enough to try and make your voice heard.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #11: Apr 09, 2010 01:24:04 am
      The half time protest really got going - most of The Kop joining in. Well done.  Post match protest.

Considering the owners had to leave at half time on police advice - do you not think they are getting the message?

To everyone who stood up and was counted tonight - well in.  You've shown that you love your club enough to try and make your voice heard.

Brilliant work making them leave!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Apr 09, 2010 01:39:49 am
      Hate the fact they were at the game tonight but i am not going to let that piss me off because it was a great win and a very good team performance, something we haven't seen much this season so as far as i am concerned they never even entered the country let alone Anfield.
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #13: Apr 09, 2010 02:16:41 am
      yeh well done to all those that joined in and sang all half time it needed to be done  :clap:  ....lets hope the message is getting through
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #14: Apr 09, 2010 02:19:40 am
      That half time protest was immense.
      ozgooner
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 697 posts |
      • P-38 W-26 D-12 L-0 'Victoria Concordia Crescit'
      Reply #15: Apr 09, 2010 02:33:15 am
      There is no shortage of passion and spirit for your club , something i have long admired about the scousers . i will try to find a bit more about the half-time protest when i get home from work . The bas**rds have blocked me work computer from youtube etc.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #16: Apr 09, 2010 03:44:45 am
      That protest at Half Time was brilliant. Almost the whole Kop was singing the song in my sig.

Glad to here they fu**ed off at half time. The F***ing cheek to show their faces in our sacred grounds...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #17: Apr 09, 2010 03:44:50 am
      We just kept plugging away at half time until everyone had to join in. There's a lot of sleeping giants amongst us reds and still, some people need a wake up call. But more and more people are joining in. The war against the owners will spread like the plague soon.

The message tonight was clear and loud to the owners when they were in the ground.
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #18: Apr 09, 2010 03:50:00 am
      We just kept plugging away at half time until everyone had to join in.

I think when those few fans went to the front and held up the anti-Yank banners was when everyone started to get into it. It even took me a while a start singing along (even though I was in 304) because I wasnt aware those two knobends were at the game until someone near me shouted something. I hadnt been online before the match ;)

I also managed to buy tickets for the Fulham and West Ham games at the ticket office window...that was a first! Just strolling up and saying "can I have tickets to the Fulham and West Ham games please?"
      Henrik577
      • Banned

• 984 posts |
      Reply #19: Apr 09, 2010 04:46:41 am

I stopped lining their pockets last year (giving up a season ticket in the process for which I travelled from London twice a month to utilise)
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #20: Apr 09, 2010 05:09:37 am
      I stopped lining their pockets last year (giving up a season ticket in the process for which I travelled from London twice a month to utilise)

Yep.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #21: Apr 09, 2010 05:32:34 am
      Well done to all concerned. Hope someone got a video of it cause no doubt sky wont give it the coverage it deserves
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #22: Apr 09, 2010 10:07:25 am
      A special thanks and well done to the fans at the ground for the protest! Just hope the yank bas**rds take heed from it!

YANKS OUT
      LFCkl
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 365 posts |
      Reply #23: Apr 09, 2010 01:58:32 pm
      Surely they get the picture now?! Well done to all the fans involved in the protests last night, lets keep it up and hopefully they will get the message!
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 09, 2010 03:01:11 pm
      Yanks Out

This was only 2 minutes of the 15 the half time protest went on for. I decided to do this after reading this post last night.

Turn up and show your support and if you cant get to the match join SOS and hopefully we can all make a difference rather than moaning about the fact there are not enough protests

Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #25: Apr 09, 2010 04:29:23 pm
      Good job as well to everyone after the match outside the main stand, even though most could probably hardly shout anymore it was good to see a good show of support. I just wish more of the fans would join in...
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #26: Apr 09, 2010 06:21:44 pm
      Just had a massive argument with me dad over this. Hes very strongly anti-Rafa and considers all us supporters who want the Yanks out "knobheads stuck in the past."

Ive told him to stay away from Anfield. When we were protesting yesterday he was sat down with his fingers in his ears muttering swear words. Miserable b***ard.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #27: Apr 09, 2010 09:17:10 pm
      Just had a massive argument with me dad over this. Hes very strongly anti-Rafa and considers all us supporters who want the Yanks out "knobheads stuck in the past."

Ive told him to stay away from Anfield. When we were protesting yesterday he was sat down with his fingers in his ears muttering swear words. Miserable b***ard.

Gutted I missed the half time protest, was in the Main stand and didn't realise there would be on and really needed a pee!

LFC is your Dad just in denial or maybe he doesn't understand the full facts?
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #28: Apr 10, 2010 01:27:15 am
      Good job as well to everyone after the match outside the main stand, even though most could probably hardly shout anymore it was good to see a good show of support. I just wish more of the fans would join in...
      Well in mate,the grandson had the ticket last night (16 years old),and he gave it good style.The protests after the game are now becoming redundant,as the gobsh*tes are not there.What we need is more,pro-active demonstrations before the game.This fallacy about protecting the player's morale on field,whilst historically is right,nowadays that is sh*te.They want the gobsh*tes out as much as we do.So the more we do before,during and after the game the better,and someone has to come up with an idea that matches the superb green and gold scarves protest that manure have effectively developed.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #29: Apr 10, 2010 01:35:42 am
      Well in Yozz. I'm singing on that recording! I swear I can hear RK shouting 'come on' at one point. It did go on for the full 15 minutes. It didn't drop at all. My throat was sore and my hands and arms were aching, but I wasn't going to stop. I could have done that all second half!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #30: Apr 10, 2010 02:34:22 am
      May as well post this in here for completeness sake

Tom and George - not welcome at Anfield - Liverpool v Benfica game
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      Reply #31: Apr 10, 2010 11:59:06 am
      Well in Yozz. I'm singing on that recording! I swear I can hear RK shouting 'come on' at one point. It did go on for the full 15 minutes. It didn't drop at all. My throat was sore and my hands and arms were aching, but I wasn't going to stop. I could have done that all second half!

I recorded the whole game fella so will post a link when i sort the video out

JD that is fantastic
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #32: Apr 10, 2010 06:43:49 pm
      is this happening at half time again tomoz or before/after

but it was worth the sore hands and aching arms i could of gone on all night too
      yozz1982
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 10, 2010 08:16:17 pm
      is this happening at half time again tomoz or before/after

but it was worth the sore hands and aching arms I could of gone on all night too

SOS have not posted anything yet but could still happen. Heard a rumour dumb and dumber are still in the country trying to sort out there new chairman. I doubt they will show their faces at the match tomorrow
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: Apr 10, 2010 08:41:58 pm
      I'm sure more people would have got involved post match if it hadn't have been a night game.

Should take a few cans and have a post match sit in by the Main Stand (especially of a Sunday afternoon).
      SL
      • Forum David Johnson

• 233 posts |
      • The King is back!!
      Reply #35: Apr 10, 2010 11:35:50 pm
       i didnt know about the afters last game as i left about 15 mins before it was posted on webby  :( ....was kicking myself for it  :mad:
      MsGerrard
      Reply #36: Apr 11, 2010 11:40:53 pm
      My hands were hurting afterwards with all the clapping and I now have a sore throat...worth it though.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #37: May 09, 2010 09:26:58 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38: May 09, 2010 09:42:32 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #39: May 09, 2010 10:27:17 pm
      Sickening how the Mancs get so much exposure!
      Good point.  United fans fart and they get a bit of coverage. We hold marches twice the size of that outside Nick Clegg's house the other day and we don't even get a raised eyebrow.

Quick Reply