Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Vote for your man of the match

Lucas Leiva
      (23.6%)
      Fernando Torres
      (21.5%)
      Daniel Agger
      (6.3%)
      Sotis Kyrgiakos
      (9.7%)
      Javier Mascherano
      (8.3%)
      Dirk Kuyt
      (29.2%)
      Steven Gerrard
      (1.4%)

Liverpool 4 -1 Benfica: In-Game and Post Match

Read 54329 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,143 posts | 3383 
      Re: Liverpool 4 -1 Benfica: In-Game and Post Match
      Reply #874: Apr 09, 2010 11:16:17 pm
      Liverpool Demolishing Spurs 7 - 0 ( With Brittish Commentary )

Terry Mc's goal (the 7th)

or

Nando's first against Benfica?

GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,388 posts | 1543 
      Reply #875: Apr 09, 2010 11:56:55 pm

Were you at that spurs game Dunlop. I was in the kop, never forget it. I think it was Barry Daines in the Spurs goal and he got MOTM for all the great saves he made. Should have been 13 - 0. As for seperating them two goals. Sorry, just can't do it !  Just like I can't sort out a MOTM fot last night.
       Didn't post earlier as my head was spinning after a great win but more important, a great team performance. The best pass of the night, leading up to Nandos first goal was the lucas pass to Masch. After the ball went through Johnsons legs, it smacked Lucas straight in the gonads, and fell perfectly for Masch. Then the comentator comented on the swift precise passing and Lucas had a job to stand up. Just a brilliant all round night.  And to add to that, ESPN showed the highlights around midnight so I watched that as well. Then they said after the break we'll watch the Fuham highlights. So I waited, and F**k me, after the break they showed the Liverpool match again. So I stayed up and saw it once more. Then at 1.00 a.m. I texed my manc mate and told him he might be able to see the Man u v Bayern highlights for the small fee of £ 9.99 per month on ESPN. Made my night. Just a brilliant night all round.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #876: Apr 09, 2010 11:57:40 pm
      Kuyt? Why Kuyt? Because I defend a Liverpool player you think I have some infatuation with him?

You are paranoid young man, don't worry about it so much. You choose to defend him, and that's fine by me, but for Liverpool to become great again we have to delete the weak, become ruthless again, not sentimental.

Was just a bit of banter sir, am sorry if you saw it as anything else.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #877: Apr 09, 2010 11:58:12 pm
      Respect to the Benfica fans last night they were brilliant from start to finish and it was nice to see both sets of supporters clapping each other...

YNWA
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #878: Apr 10, 2010 12:28:45 am
      Respect to the Benfica fans last night they were brilliant from start to finish and it was nice to see both sets of supporters clapping each other...

YNWA

They deserved to be clapped for sure, I could see one guy bowing down to us haha fair play to them my left ear got a pounding all night.

As for the game, first 20 minutes was dodgy and we looked nervous as F**k. After the first goal went in you could just see the confidence come in. Then when the second goal went in I think we looked extremely comfortable until half time.

There was that period when they went to 3-1 when we looked sketchy but one pass was all it took to make it game over.

Great performance and great tactics by Rafa, he got it spot on.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,143 posts | 3383 
      Reply #879: Apr 10, 2010 12:43:13 am
      Were you at that spurs game Dunlop. I was in the kop, never forget it. I think it was Barry Daines in the Spurs goal and he got MOTM for all the great saves he made. Should have been 13 - 0. As for seperating them two goals. Sorry, just can't do it !  Just like I can't sort out a MOTM fot last night.
       Didn't post earlier as my head was spinning after a great win but more important, a great team performance. The best pass of the night, leading up to Nandos first goal was the lucas pass to Masch. After the ball went through Johnsons legs, it smacked Lucas straight in the gonads, and fell perfectly for Masch. Then the comentator comented on the swift precise passing and Lucas had a job to stand up. Just a brilliant all round night.  And to add to that, ESPN showed the highlights around midnight so I watched that as well. Then they said after the break we'll watch the Fuham highlights. So I waited, and F**k me, after the break they showed the Liverpool match again. So I stayed up and saw it once more. Then at 1.00 a.m. I texed my manc mate and told him he might be able to see the Man u v Bayern highlights for the small fee of £ 9.99 per month on ESPN. Made my night. Just a brilliant night all round.

Nah mate, unfortunately I was a long, long way off being born when twatted Spurs 7-0. Heard all the stories of the match though from me arl fella who was in the Kop that day.

And that move for Nando's first was a beast, can't get over how good it actually was. Considering our "passers" on the pitch at the time were Stevie and DAgger, it makes it even more sweeter that neither were involved. It was people who I've often been critical of in terms of passing - Masch and Kuyt and Yossi who usually dwells on it. Perfection that move.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #880: Apr 10, 2010 12:44:26 am

"The long road to glory
      Is trod on by few."
      Well in DLS,we are one of the few.If I ever can get tickets to the do,that earns you a pint mate.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,143 posts | 3383 
      Reply #881: Apr 10, 2010 12:47:17 am
      Well in DLS,we are one of the few.If I ever can get tickets to the do,that earns you a pint mate.

Sound Roy lad. ;D

And too right, we are one of the few. We've trod on the road to glory a few good times and we're about walk that road once more!!!
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #882: Apr 10, 2010 12:55:21 am
      So delighted with the win. The lads played their hearts out and delievered when needed. For me, the contenders for MOTM our Soti, Kuyt and Torres but for me, Kuyt tips the other two with his sheers hard work and graft. Bring on Atletico.  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #883: Apr 10, 2010 01:39:21 am
      + Bribe the officials

Cordazo was oblivious last night, terrible diver and they are made up on 3 players

Di Maria // David Luiz // Cordazo

Thought he was quite impressive
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,665 posts | 3899 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #884: Apr 10, 2010 02:43:22 pm
      It was masch that got skinned not johnson. Great tackle by lpl. Anyone else notice early in the first half david luiz taking a throw with a yellow t shirt on. Lucky top or planned celebration that we ruined on him
      Roxtorresfan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #885: Apr 10, 2010 03:28:26 pm
      Liverpool won and beat Beneficia
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #886: Apr 10, 2010 03:34:35 pm

I didn't realise that was the case.

Don't happen to know the score, do you?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #887: Apr 10, 2010 03:58:23 pm
      I didn't realise that was the case.

Don't happen to know the score, do you?
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #888: Apr 10, 2010 04:17:08 pm
      Terry Mc's goal (the 7th)

or

Nando's first against Benfica?

That goal certainly had that essence about it didn't it mate. F***ing loved us breaking that quick and passing the ball so well with a real drive. Hunger, desire, endeavor. F***ing boss.

My voice is still horse....

(I'll get my coat)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #889: Apr 10, 2010 09:10:39 pm
      My voice is still horse....

(I'll get my coat)

:D
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #890: Apr 11, 2010 12:42:48 am
      Nice one Dave.Kenny mate your'e throat obviously needs alcohol,take the advice of Dr Roy,I give prescriptions to Bargain Booze,and ffs don't ask for a discount as refusal often offends. ;D

Quick Reply