Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Baseball regular season

Read 105480 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Baseball regular season
      Reply #575: Apr 11, 2012 03:59:24 pm
      Yeah, I mean with Liverpool I always have to be in front of the tv the entire game. But with the Red Sox I can eat dinner and have conversations as most Red Sox games last 3+ hours. Love Cespedes and his abilities. Feel like Oakland made a great buy in the Dominican League with him. He strikes out a little too much but he is a rookie so its to be expected.
      Yeah I know. I love Baseball and I really have a hard time watching any game 100%, beginning to end.  I dont really get into it until mid September when the division races are getting hot. When the Playoffs start, I watch every game. NL / AL Wild Card games, Championship series and especially WS.  During the season, before September I watch maybe 30 games. Mostly Yankees and some Cubs. Yankees/Red Sox playoff series are always epic. You'll get at least 2-3 hit batters and maybe a brawl.  Epic series.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #576: Apr 12, 2012 03:48:38 pm
      Love Cespedes and his abilities. Feel like Oakland made a great buy in the Dominican League with him. He strikes out a little too much but he is a rookie so its to be expected.

I don't have too much experience in watching and judging baseball players yet, but Cespedes is a fun guy to watch! So much batting power and speed... yesterday he scored a run after stealing a base in the A's win against the Royals.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #577: Apr 19, 2012 02:11:49 pm
      Josh Reddick, Yoenis Cespedes and Bartolo Colon are doing great so far. Colon was close to perfection last night, throwing 38 strikes in a row, a MLB record from 1988 onwards at least (I think pitch by pitch data don't go too far back in time)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #578: Apr 20, 2012 08:33:22 pm
      I couldn't stand not being able to watch the A's play, so I subscribed to MLB.tv (and also MiLB.tv) yesterday. Watched the A's beat Pujols and the Angels for the 3rd time in a row. A bit of lawyerball to you, CJ Wilson ;)
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #579: Apr 23, 2012 04:20:32 am
      Happy anniversary, Fenway.

;)
      CharlesD
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 742 posts | 68 
      Reply #580: May 07, 2012 01:56:23 pm
      I've lived my whole life in Cincinnati, so it's the Reds for me, which coincidentally is how I ended up supporting Liverpool.  As soon as I found out several years ago that there was a team called the Reds, that settled it for me.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #581: May 10, 2012 03:38:35 am
      Josh Hamilton Hit 4 HOME RUNS last night. 4 in one game. Unreal.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #582: May 15, 2012 03:25:52 pm
      The A's are doing better than expected. Shame that the Rangers are too good and the AL East too strong. It would be such a great surprise to see the A's in the playoffs in my first season as a baseball fan!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #583: Jul 21, 2012 02:06:25 pm
      Surprised there isn't much chatter in this topic considering now it is starting to get to the knitty gritty of the season and a lot of the divisions and wild card places are up for grab.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #584: Jul 21, 2012 04:59:00 pm
      I was getting tired of talking to myself here! :P

I've been watching a lot of baseball, getting myself a MLB.tv account was a truly great investment, I love the fact there's games nearly everyday.

The Oakland A's are doing much better than expected, best record in the MLB since June 12 (23-9), lowest ERA in the AL from the starting rotation, and only 0.5 games behind the 2nd wild card spot. Love the A's pitchers, especially Tom Milone and Jarrod Parker, anyone ever watched them? Oh and the right fielder Josh Reddick, real shame that he didn't make it to the All Star Game, easily one of the best outfielders this season.

It's gonna be really difficult to qualify for the playoffs but it would be awesome to see them making the postseason for the first time in years!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #585: Jul 23, 2012 02:47:55 pm
      A's did pretty good sweeping 4 from the Yankee's while my Jays sweep the Red Sox in Fenway. Other big results was Tigers sweeping the White Sox to take over the lead in the AL central
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #586: Jul 24, 2012 10:41:30 pm
      Sweeping the Yankees was terrific, the 4th game in particular was special... losing by 4-0 in the 4th inning, draws the score in the 9th (4-4) and then win the game on a walk-off (again) in the 12th... suck that, Evil Empire! :P

And tonight... my team (A's) vs Adam's (Jays) :D
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      Reply #587: Jul 25, 2012 01:59:14 am
      So far, not to surprised about this season. Except the Prates being good....

I really didnt expect much from the BoSox. They had a lot of Issues last season especially clubhouse issues, then they get Bobby V who is more of a distraction than help. Typical Bobby V, gets another shot at a huge club like Boston and fucks it off by being last in the division and pisses off his own players and fans.

Not surprised about the A's. They are one of those weird teams that you never know what your getting.  It looks like they have a sh*t team and they win the division or they have a great lineup and pitching and finish last. Its going to be another season where a team with a better record isnt in the playoffs because of a division winner.  Oakland might have a better record than the entire AL Central and still miss out.

I did see that the Yanks got Ichiro. Thats a shock. I thought he would just retire a Mariner. I guess he's looking for a ring. I think hes tired of playing for a sh*t organization and wanted to move on. His numbers suck but I think in the right clubhouse he could come back to form. At least good enough to start.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #588: Jul 25, 2012 01:58:13 pm
      And tonight... my team (A's) vs Adam's (Jays) :D

A's 7-2 Jays  :f_whistle:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #589: Jul 26, 2012 01:28:00 pm
      2nd game of the series....

A's 16-0 Jays :f_whistle:
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      Reply #590: Jul 27, 2012 12:46:37 am
      Jays got one back 10-4 today :)
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #591: Aug 16, 2012 12:13:13 am
      Best Baseball Tournament in the world starts tomorrow.

The Little League World Series

Baseball like it was meant to be played... by 11-12 year olds. Most games on ESPN.

16 Teams from all over the world to compete in a double elimination tournament in Williamsport , Pa

Links to schedule:

http://www.littleleague.org/series/2012divisions/llbb/series.htm
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #592: Aug 25, 2012 02:19:18 pm
      Have just heard on the twitter that the Red Socks have saved 275m on a trade today. Is that true? Absolute madness.

Now put that money on a stadium
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #593: Aug 25, 2012 04:15:39 pm
      It's like one of those ridiculous trades you make on a video game.  :D To put it in football terms, they just got rid of Downing, Carroll, Adam but had to sacrifice Suarez too in order to get the other club to make the deal, and got back a few academy players, freedom from horrendous contracts, and a Sterling in return. They now have an oil tanker full of money to spend. Hopefully they spend it properly.   
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #594: Aug 26, 2012 01:14:12 am
      Hopefully they spend it properly.   

On our stadium.

And Jovetic. :D
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #595: Aug 26, 2012 01:33:04 am
      Have just heard on the twitter that the Red Socks have saved 275m on a trade today. Is that true? Absolute madness.

Now put that money on a stadium

275m in payroll and half of it is on one players 8 years contract and another 40m on a 4 year contract. While the number is quite high it is not strange to ser baseball clubs dumping big contracts in a season where they are not going anywhere.

The Redsox took a top notch pitcher and decent first baseman along with some pitching prospects, I would suspect come after the season they will plow 160/200m back into the team and rebuild it from scratch.

Trust me FSG is not sitting on an extra 275m in cash.

This entire deal got so big because the Red Sox had two "Joe Cole" players on huge salary that nobody would take unless they threw in arguably their biggest player along with them.
      « Last Edit: Aug 26, 2012 01:49:39 am by AZPatriot »
      Red5man

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #596: Aug 26, 2012 02:53:54 am
      I've got a decent understanding of the sport from me time in America. Just heard it on the twatter and thought that was unusual!

Of course I know they're not just turning 275m difference over night :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #597: Sep 03, 2012 03:02:41 pm
      Looks like I really picked a great year to become an Oakland A's fan. Against all the odds, they're leading the Wild Card race, 19 games above .500, having won their last 9 games in a row.

It's unfortunate that we're in the same division of one of the best teams in the AL, the Texas Rangers, so if we make it to the post-season it'll probably be through the wild card.

Quick Reply