Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Baseball regular season

Read 105417 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Re: Baseball regular season
      Reply #598: Sep 07, 2012 03:24:00 am
      As much as the A's been a feel good story of MLB I think the O's have been bigger, there is a team that has been pretty much sh*t for the last 15 years now in a division race with the Yankees. Even this year besides Jones they really have not much in terms of standout performers batting or pitching, they are just finding a way to get the job done.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #599: Sep 25, 2012 12:08:12 am
      Only 10 games to go! Today the A's face the Rangers in what is a game of great, great importance. The Angels are only 2.5 games behind us posing a real threat in the battle for a Wild Card spot.

Let's go Oak-land!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #600: Sep 25, 2012 04:29:47 pm
      The A's lost in extra innings, frustrating as hell. :( 9 games to go now, and we have a 2 games lead on the Angels.

It will be a nervous end to the season... 6 of these games are against the best team in the AL (Texas Rangers) and the other 3 against the Mariners, who are crap but seem to play better against the A's for some reason (or should I say, the A's play worse against them - the games between A's and M's this season have usually been among the most boring of all)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #601: Oct 02, 2012 06:37:24 am
      The Oakland Athletics are in the playoffs!!! Love it!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #602: Oct 02, 2012 02:47:46 pm

So are the Yankees!!! Love it!   ;D
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #603: Oct 02, 2012 09:30:05 pm
      So are the Yankees!!! Love it!   ;D
      Hey bronx.  I have an extra for tonight's game.  Check your PM box
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #604: Oct 03, 2012 12:54:40 am

Love it as well, not that I'm a fan or anything, just cool to see. Perfect timing considering the movie a little while ago as well! Watching ESPN earlier, there's a few pundits out there who really think the A's are a team not many will want to meet in the playoffs. Not that that means anything, but shows there's the respect there.

Hope they do alright... apart from when they meet the Yankees ;)
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #605: Oct 03, 2012 02:32:00 am
      Top 8.  Redsox lead 2-1.  See what happens when they allow a Met fan in.  My 7 year old son is loving Yankee Stadium though. 
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #606: Oct 03, 2012 01:56:11 pm
      Top 8.  Redsox lead 2-1.   

Yankees WIN.....Thaaaaaaaaaaaa Yankees WIN
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #607: Oct 03, 2012 03:48:26 pm
      Love it as well, not that I'm a fan or anything, just cool to see. Perfect timing considering the movie a little while ago as well! Watching ESPN earlier, there's a few pundits out there who really think the A's are a team not many will want to meet in the playoffs. Not that that means anything, but shows there's the respect there.

Hope they do alright... apart from when they meet the Yankees ;)

It's awesome! At the start of the season there were people saying the A's would lose over 100 games, after trading away the likes of Gio Gonzalez, Trevor Cahill and Andrew Bailey. This is a team that consists mostly of rookies (the ENTIRE rotation is made of rookies at the moment - Parker, Milone, Straily, Griffin and Blackley) and/or total unknowns. I love it!

To make things even better, the A's are now tied with the Rangers for the AL West lead. Last game of the regular season will therefore be a battle for the AL crown. I can't wait!

By the way, a MLB.TV account was the best purchase I made this year. Love how there is a baseball game nearly every day. I'm gonna miss it immensely when the season ends!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #608: Oct 03, 2012 05:30:41 pm
      Oakland is the FIRST PLAYOFF team in baseball history that had over 100 games started by rookie pitchers.  The next best was like 68 by a Dodger team in the 1950's

Great accomplishment.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #609: Oct 03, 2012 11:53:56 pm
      AL WEST CHAMPIONS!!! HELL YEAH!!!
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #610: Oct 04, 2012 01:05:40 am
      AL WEST CHAMPIONS!!! HELL YEAH!!!

Nice job, sweeping Texas to win the division. 

Now the real season starts.

Yanks 5-1 over BoSox lookin to wrap it up ,gotta stay out of that wildcard game. Like Russian roulette
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #611: Oct 04, 2012 04:25:31 pm
      Great season..... I'm always amazed how after 162 games it comes down to the last day for so many teams. Unreal.

Props to Miguel Cabrera, AL Triple Crown and missed the MLB Triple Crown by .006 B/A.

I also have to point out how many haters were getting on Jeter when he got 3000 hits. People saying he shouldn't make the HOF and will never hit over 280 again.  Well he just hit 316 w/ 216 hits which were more hits than the Triple Crown winner. 

Am I the only one who knew Bobby V in Boston was a BAD idea?  What sucks is the Yanks played Boston for the last series of the season and it meant nothing. I'll admit, I like when the Red Sox are good because it makes the rivalry better. Maybe I'm a purist.

But, Lets go Yanks and maybe A-Rod will actually contribute this year instead of batting .120 in the post season.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #612: Oct 04, 2012 05:39:10 pm
      Anyone else notice that yet again, another team misses the playoffs due to the bullshit Divisional structure. In the AL both Tampa Bay and the LA Angels have better records than Detroit, but because Detroit won their division they go to the playoffs.

Another failure due to the need of an antiquated Divisional structure.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #613: Oct 04, 2012 07:54:54 pm
      Great season..... I'm always amazed how after 162 games it comes down to the last day for so many teams. Unreal.

Props to Miguel Cabrera, AL Triple Crown and missed the MLB Triple Crown by .006 B/A.

I also have to point out how many haters were getting on Jeter when he got 3000 hits. People saying he shouldn't make the HOF and will never hit over 280 again.  Well he just hit 316 w/ 216 hits which were more hits than the Triple Crown winner. 

Am I the only one who knew Bobby V in Boston was a BAD idea?  What sucks is the Yanks played Boston for the last series of the season and it meant nothing. I'll admit, I like when the Red Sox are good because it makes the rivalry better. Maybe I'm a purist.

But, Lets go Yanks and maybe A-Rod will actually contribute this year instead of batting .120 in the post season.

I had thought about that a few times this season as I watched Jeter doing his thing. Had a great season once again.

And I agree, though we had Baltimore(!?) right on our tails the whole season, its just not the same when its not Boston. Though beating the living sh*t out of them on the last day regardless of position will never get old! :D
      LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,400 posts | 189 
      Reply #614: Oct 12, 2012 12:05:23 am
      Anyone catch that O's- Yanks game last night.  Girardi pinch-hit for A-Roid in the bottom of the 9th down 2-1, brought on Ibanez who hits a game tying HR.  Then Ibanez hits the winning HR in the 12th inning.   One of the gutsiest manager moves I've ever seen.  Sitting down a future Hall of Famer for a 39 yr old journeyman.  I was shocked.  Then to have Ibanez hit 2 HR's to win , WoW.   A-Roid has got to be sick.

I think A-roid is finished, outside of 2009 , his Yankee post-season numbers are awful.  Steroids have caught up to him. 

Oakland A's staved off elimination with a dramatic 3-run 9th to beat the Tigers. The A's just never die, gotta love that. Game 5 tonight, I got to try and stay up for that, even if I fall asleep at work tomorrow. Looks like your team is for real Diego. Of course they're no match for the mighty Bronx Bombers.  ;)

Giants became the first team in history to lose the first 2 at home and come back to win 3 on the road. Poor Reds . Home teams went 0-5.

Jason Werth just hit a 9th inning walk-off HR for the Nationals to tie the series 2-2.  Game 5 Tomorrow

What a great day for baseball.  FOUR elimination games in one day.

Go Yanks !!!!    Wrap it up tonight and CC starts Game 1
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #615: Oct 17, 2012 03:27:31 pm
      After the awful disappointment of Game 5 loss against the Tigers, I can finally bear to talk about Baseball again.

And Justin Verlander... he's unreal, out of this world. Another nearly complete game for him in this playoffs, ridiculously effective too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #616: Oct 23, 2012 02:29:15 pm
      SF Giants in the World Series :(

Come on Tigers!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #617: Oct 26, 2012 09:15:57 pm
      Anyone watching the World Series?

Giants won the first two games. I like Verlander but I was pissed off for seeing him suck so much in the WS, after having almost single handedly eliminated the A's.

Come on Tigers, don't let the dark side of the Bay Area to win the whole thing... I have faith!
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #618: Nov 14, 2012 03:34:27 am
      Blues jays lining up a trade to get Jose Reyes, Josh Johnson and Mark Buehrle from the Marlins for number of prospects. Nice to have something to be excited about coming into the spring.
      Elrozzo1
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 480 posts |
      • ElroyRosenberg hit me up on Twitter
      Reply #619: Jan 11, 2013 10:52:01 pm
      HUUUUUGE Blue Jays trade. Took basically the whole Marlins lineup (all their good players anyway). I'd be glad for the now lonely Giancarlo Stanton to come to Philadelphia (my team).
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #620: Mar 20, 2013 03:47:06 pm
      Can't wait for the new season to start. Spring training is... erm... fun... but gets really boring after a while.

Been reading "The Boys of Summer" by Roger Kahn, about the Brooklyn Dodgers in the 50's. Sports writing at its best. Makes me want to go back in time and watch those guys - Jackie Robinson, Pee Wee Reese, Duke Snider, Joe Black and all the others. It's a shame the Dodgers moved away from Brooklyn.

Quick Reply